PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Star Wars game?

TheFrankEinstein
08-08-2002, 10:13 AM
From the original Star Wars arcade, to The Empire Strikes Back on the Atari 2600, to Podracer on the N64, to Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, what's your favorite Star Wars game? I mean on any system, handhelds included.

I suspect that mine would be Jedi Knight 2, but unfortunately I can't run it :cry: So I'm going to go with Obi-Wan for the X-Box. Sure, it's another game that didn't quite get the lightsaber damage aspect right, but I love controlling the saber with an analog stick and the intuitiveness of all of the force commands. I reckon my second place winner would be Episode 1: Jedi Power Battles (how's that for a breach of quality?).

An optional pick is your LEAST favorite, with mine being Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. I loved being able to deflect blaster bolts for the first time, but EWWW.

Pendo
08-08-2002, 10:17 AM
The SNES' Super Star Wars series was the BEST Star Wars games ever made! The graphics are cool and look alot better than these 3D games we have now. The music was brilliant and it was true to the story and expanded it exactly where needed. They don't make games like they used to :(.

I'll have to agree with you about the Episode I: The Phantom Menace being the worst SW game. It was poorly made and when playing it you felt like it was just quickly put together with no thought. I hate the way you would sometimes fall through the floor :mad:!!!

PENDO!

robman71
08-08-2002, 10:45 AM
I love Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight 2, as well as the X-wing Fighter trilogy. The episode 1 game was terrible, buggy and hard to control correctly. Overall I would say that JK2 is my favorite so far followed closely by X-wing Alliance (just can't beat flying into the Death Star)

Exhaust Port
08-08-2002, 10:46 AM
I love both X-Wing and Tie Fighter for the PC as well as their numerous expansion packs. I could play those games for hours on end and often did.

Rogue II
08-08-2002, 10:47 AM
My Favorite so far is Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds

I also like Dark Forces (PS), X-Wing, X-Wing Alliance, Rogue Squadron, Dark Forces 2 (PC), Shadows of the Empire (N64)

Star Wars Demolition and Jedi Power Battles were ok, but not great.

The worst I played is Force Cmmander.

MikeAndTheBots
08-08-2002, 10:55 AM
Well my favorite game is Jedi Knight 2 and then Jedi Knight so they're my favorite Star Wars games too. Then I'd have to say TIE Fighter, that game was just so much cooler than X-Wing. I never got the other games since back then my computer could barely run them. Dark Forces was cool too so that's up there. SOTE was OK, not bad at all but not too great. I think that covers it...

billfremore
08-08-2002, 11:47 AM
All the Dark Forces games are excellent and just keep getting better. (see Jedi Outcast)

I think we could have done without "Demolition" though or as I like to call it, "Twisted Metal: Star Wars".

Darth Shifty
08-08-2002, 01:26 PM
I think Roque Squadren II for the GameCube is the best Star Wars game to date.

And I have to agree with you Bill, that Demolition game blew big time.

billfremore
08-08-2002, 01:47 PM
and was there any Star Wars game mre impossible to completely finish than Jedi Power Battles?

Did anybody ever manage to finish this game with all the characters?

TheFrankEinstein
08-08-2002, 02:43 PM
and was there any Star Wars game mre impossible to completely finish than Jedi Power Battles? Did anybody ever manage to finish this game with all the characters?

I'm giving it a go (just started yesterday after a very long absence). But hey, when you're like me and don't care for the space battles or racers, you take what you can get that has lightsabers :Pirate: JK2 on the X-Box can't get here soon enough.

So far I'm on the second level with everyone but Plo Koon. It's gonna be a loooooooooong game. :dead: But where else can you see Adi Gallia fight underhanded like Zatoichi? She rocks in Power Battles!

Pendo
08-08-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
and was there any Star Wars game mre impossible to completely finish than Jedi Power Battles?

I have completed it with full power on every character except Plo Koon. With Plo I am on the last level (only have to fight Maul) and I just can't do it! I have got the most power I can possibly have up to that level but just CANNOT do it :mad:!!! He is just too slow :(.

PENDO!

Lobito
08-08-2002, 06:28 PM
Since i never played the SNES SW games...(hopefully they wiil be out for the GBA)...i'll have to say the best SW game i've played is..............SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE...yep, i love Rougue Squadron, Rougue Leader and Battle for Naboo, the PC games are very good too...Rebel Assault, Dark Forces, X-wing, etc....but until i play the SNES games, the best SW game FOR ME will be SOTE.:D

morecow299
08-08-2002, 07:01 PM
I would have to say that my favorite Star Wars game is Jedi Knight 2. This games single player is great and the multiplayer is excellent.

Rogue II
08-08-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by billfremore

All the characters? I am horrible at this game. I could barley make it past the 1st level. I must admit, I didn't try too hard.

master jedi
08-08-2002, 10:04 PM
I like Dark Forces, DF2: Jedi Knight, DF2:JK:Mysteries of the Sith, and Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. The podracing game for the N64 was good as well as Shadows of the Empire.

billfremore
08-09-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Pendo

I have completed it with full power on every character except Plo Koon. With Plo I am on the last level (only have to fight Maul) and I just can't do it! I have got the most power I can possibly have up to that level but just CANNOT do it :mad:!!! He is just too slow :(.

PENDO!

Yup that's the same problem I had too.

The thing that really irks me about this game is, NO CHEATS!

What kind of developer makes a game with no cheats whatsoever?

Pendo
08-09-2002, 09:11 AM
I HATE game cheats I'm glad it had no cheats!! I'm only satisfied when completing a game if I've not used any cheats!

PENDO!

billfremore
08-09-2002, 10:49 AM
I prefer not to use them either, at least until I've finished the game a couple of times, but JPB has some cool minigames available that I can't get to because I can't beat the game with Plo freakin' Koon!

QLD
08-10-2002, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I love using cheats AFTER I beat a game.

One of my favorite games to do that with was Target Earth for Genesis.

JON9000
08-10-2002, 07:53 PM
I had a good time playing Rebellion. I know I'm probably the only one!

MikeAndTheBots
08-10-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by JON9000
I had a good time playing Rebellion. I know I'm probably the only one!
I kind of liked Rebellion, I barely ever won so I looked for cheats in various places and couldn't find any. The game was OK but a bit too hard at times.

JON9000
08-11-2002, 07:35 PM
Did you play as Empire or Alliance?

QLD
08-11-2002, 09:13 PM
Actually, I liked Rebellion a lot! I did find a program later that let you edit the software. SO you could build Death Stars instantly, etc. You could have an armada of Death Stars. It was kind of neat! :D

MikeAndTheBots
08-11-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by JON9000
Did you play as Empire or Alliance?
Empire most of the time.

DarthBrandon
08-12-2002, 02:10 AM
I like all the Dark Forces games and the new Jedi Outcast as well.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
08-12-2002, 01:39 PM
Jedi Outcast

DeadEye
08-12-2002, 02:12 PM
As for favorite Star Wars Shooter, I'm torn between Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast.
Favorite RTS is Galactic Battlegrounds (with the CC add-on, of course)
Favorite flight sim is Rogue Squadron

I thought Force Commander was a buggy piece of garbage. And as for Rebellion--I didn't like it much at all. There wasn't much skill to play, I noticed, because it seemed that it was more about random chance and luck, and far too much micromanagement. Not my cup of tea.

JON9000
08-12-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots

Empire most of the time.

I find Empire to be much more difficult than Alliance- especially with a huge galaxy. Its a pain to find the Rebel HQ. The best advice I can give is to construct espionage droids out early to as many planets as you can up to about day 100. Take a look at their construction facilities- if the destination for some item is in the outer rim and it isn't Yavin, gather your fleet and send it there- you've just found the HQ!

Boba Rhett
08-12-2002, 08:32 PM
JK is still my fav.

comebackkid
08-14-2002, 12:49 AM
Shadows for N64

Darth Marra 54
08-17-2002, 05:37 PM
Super Empire Strikes Back for SNES

scruffziller
08-19-2002, 06:39 AM
PCs X-Wing!!!!