PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities with overrated "good looks"

scruffziller
08-08-2002, 10:23 AM
I don't know why she is made as a sex symbol, I think she is so friggin' ugly!!--------- Sarah Jessica Parker

Pendo
08-08-2002, 10:28 AM
Jordan!!! She was ONCE nice but not for long. She is now not that nice!!! Shame about the baby though :(.

PENDO!

Jonna
08-08-2002, 10:40 AM
Most of them. Humans are just disturbing looking. Have you been to the grocery store lately!?!

Sometimes, I'll find myself in a public place surrounded by people and start thinking, "OH God, Oh God! Maybe if I move slow enough, they won't see me. Just gotta remember, they only go towards motion."

Exhaust Port
08-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
I don't know why she is made as a sex symbol, I think she is so friggin' ugly!!--------- Sarah Jessica Parker

That's hilarious that you picked her to start this thread. When I saw the title she was the first person I thought of, clicked on the thread and saw you had already listed her. :D

I think most celebrities are overrated when it comes to looks. When ever we get to see them with out their makeup and fancy clothes they look aweful. I see many women that look stunning without the Hollywood makeup/clothes and they're at the local mall, concert, school, parade, movie theater, etc. Give me a Natural beauty any day over the manufactured Hollywood celebrity.

robman71
08-08-2002, 10:59 AM
Personally I don't see what the big deal about Angelina Jolie is, sure she has a decent body, but I could do without her face. Those collegen inflated lips are a real turn off.

scruffziller
08-08-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port

That's hilarious that you picked her to start this thread. When I saw the title she was the first person I thought of, clicked on the thread and saw you had already listed her. :D

I think most celebrities are overrated when it comes to looks. When ever we get to see them with out their makeup and fancy clothes they look aweful. I see many women that look stunning without the Hollywood makeup/clothes and they're at the local mall, concert, school, parade, movie theater, etc. Give me a Natural beauty any day over the manufactured Hollywood celebrity.
She looks bad WITH all that making over!!!!

Jonna
08-08-2002, 11:15 AM
Sarah Jessica Parker

I want to kick her in the face, but then I would just be doing here favor by improving her appearence. Arrrgggggg!:Pirate:

sith_killer_99
08-08-2002, 11:15 AM
Cameron Diaz
Lucy Liu (SP?...the OTHER Charlie's Angel) w/o Make-up:eek:
Sarah Jessica Parker ;)
Patricia Arquette
Courtney Cox

There are SOOOOO many.:rolleyes:

stormie
08-08-2002, 11:22 AM
This list begins and ends with Penelope Cruz.

So, so very weird looking. Can you say alien? :D

Jonna
08-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by stormie
This list begins and ends with Penelope Cruz.

So, so very weird looking. Can you say alien? :D

HEY! Don't insult us aliens!:crazed:

Arrogant Arse
08-08-2002, 11:57 AM
Lara Flynn Boyle (sp?)
Gwenyth Paltro (sp!!!???)

billfremore
08-08-2002, 11:58 AM
Can somebody explain to me the appeal of Anna Kournikova?

mabudonicus
08-08-2002, 12:01 PM
julia roberts.... kelly lebrock... sjparker....kevin kostner(not just his looks overrated,mind)..... kris kristofferson..... angelina jolie...
kirsten scott thomas... natalie portman...... jeff goldblum... antonio banderas.... bruce willis..... there's more, but i don't wanna start another flame war...
gotta agree with aa too, lfb and gp especially
can't help ya freemore...
bjork..... celine dion... streisand..... jewel....

Mandalorian Candidat
08-08-2002, 12:23 PM
Number one on my list is Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anison. The only thing that makes that couple appealing is that when I see them on TV I can change the channel.

Also, Jennifer Grey before her nose job. Now she's actually pretty good looking.

There's also this one aging supermodel Lauren something-or-other. She has a David Letterman-sized gap in her front teeth. Talk about a triple-bagger. :dead:

stormie
08-08-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Jonna

HEY! Don't insult us aliens!:crazed:

My apologies to all aliens. I'm sure your parent(s), or hive, or pod, or tetrahedron-based molecular life form ancestors think you're quite stunning! :D

Jonna
08-08-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by stormie

My apologies to all aliens. I'm sure your parent(s), or hive, or pod, or tetrahedron-based molecular life form ancestors think you're quite stunning! :D

My mother tells me that I am the prettiest alien every day.

Anywho, I tend to dislike anyone in the media who people rave about and they won't shut up about. I can only stand hearing the same thing once.

Anywho, I tend to dislike anyone in the media who people rave about and they won't shut up about. I can only stand hearing the same thing once.

darthvyn
08-08-2002, 01:27 PM
how do you hear the same thing once?

what's the sound of one hand slapping a celebrity?

why ask why?

because.

Jonna
08-08-2002, 01:29 PM
I'm a big baby and I suck my thumb and poop in my pants and stuff...

*Edited to torment Bill*

billfremore
08-08-2002, 01:33 PM
Hey that's my line!

Gimme that NERF™ bat!

damn people think they can just grab your stuff and rackin frackin...

Jonna
08-08-2002, 01:36 PM
Sorry, Bill! I forgot how that is all you, baby.

PS Childish? Yes, but it passes the time.;)

Jargo
08-08-2002, 01:41 PM
Calista Flockhart...... she was once a fairly normal average looking creature with chuchee cheeks and a body, now she's a skull with weird googly eyes and an egg whisk for a body. I get scared when she shows on tele.

Leo Dicaprio the human football. Just beggiing to be kicked in the head.

Keanu Reeves face like a hatchet. Someone should bury him fast.

Alex kingston, may be a fellow brit but she's a swordfish in disguise.

Matt le Blanc, David Schwimmer, Mathew Perry, all three are past their sell by dates please dispose of carefully.....

That 'chick' who plays buffy. So much head - so little body....

Scott bakula and the Baldwin brothers - all nose and no trousers.

Madonna, scrawny gap toothed tramp sucked dry of flesh.

The Swayze brothers, Patrick and - the other one. Butt ugly.

billfremore
08-08-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
Sorry, Bill! I forgot how that is all you, baby.

I am not childish!
Nuh-uh.

I'm rubber and you're glue.
Ka Ka head!

Oh Jargo,
Callista Flockhart?

Good call, that woman scare the bejeezus out of me.

stormie
08-08-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Alex kingston, may be a fellow brit but she's a swordfish in disguise.

Okay, gotta ask. What does "swordfish in disguise" mean?

I agree with everyone else on your list. Especially Flockhart. Just scary! :D

JediTricks
08-08-2002, 04:09 PM
I don't know why she is made as a sex symbol, I think she is so friggin' ugly!!--------- Sarah Jessica Parker In LA Story, I thought she was so cute, but her looks dropped almost overnight. Maybe if she put a few pounds on...

When I saw this thread, the first person I thought of was Natalie Portman. She is so plain and dull and skinny and featureless. She reminds me of a generic European fashion model, when you put her in expensive makeup and fancy clothes, some people think she looks great, but when the show's over and the makeup comes off she may as well be a doorstop.

SK99, good call on Patricia Arquette, I totally don't see it with her.

Stormie, Penelope Cruz, another good call.

Another one I'd add is Kirsten Dunst, how this woman was cast as Mary Jane Watson in Spider-Man is totally beyond me. And then everybody went ape-spit over her when they saw the "wet t-shirt" scene but her face still looks like a brick wall has the rest of it.

Oh, and Reese Witherspoon, she looks like a freaky little elf, she is as overrated as any of 'em IMO.

El Chuxter
08-08-2002, 04:42 PM
How about your favorite, JT: Britney Spears? :)

darthvyn
08-08-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
but her face still looks like a brick wall has the rest of it.

is it just me, or does this phrase make no sense... i've been coming at this conglomerate of words from a multitude of angles, and have yet to decipher its meaning. i mean, i get the jist that her face is bad... but now i need to know...

JediTricks
08-08-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
How about your favorite, JT: Britney Spears? :) She's plain but she dresses and dances provocatively, so she gets a lot of her "good looks rating" from that alone I think... but at least it's earned, she actually does dress and dance that way (she herself and her "talent" and career though, that's a different story :D)

Darthvyn, I was saying her face hit a brick wall and left all the good points behind stuck in the cracks.

darthvyn
08-08-2002, 05:43 PM

Darthvyn, I was saying her face hit a brick wall and left all the good points behind stuck in the cracks.

i see... thank you for the clarification. i don't really see that... i think she's okay looking. nothing to be ga-ga about, but there are uglier out there... dog knows i know...

QLD
08-08-2002, 05:44 PM
Let's see, to me...

Natalie Portman
Julia Roberts
Gweneth Paltrow
Callista FLockhart
Denise Richards
Courtney Cox
Jennifer Anniston
SHannon ELizabeth
Brooke Sheilds

There are so many....but I will stop here for the moment.

Exhaust Port
08-08-2002, 11:11 PM
I'm suprised by the couple Natalie Portman responses. She's always seemed cute with or without makeup. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

bigbarada
08-08-2002, 11:54 PM
Britney Spears would be my first choice. I'm just totally in the dark as to how someone could find that face attractive. As for male actors I would pick Tom Cruise. His eternal youth is making him appear shrinkwrapped, he just needs to start aging right now.

Let's see.........

Laura Flynn Boyle
Calista Flockhart
Gwyneth Paltrow
Christina Ricci
Jennifer Lopez
Anna Nicole Smith

I'll think of others, I'm sure.

Jargo
08-09-2002, 10:09 AM
I find it intriguing that so far there's no female response in this thread and most of the male postees have basically concentrated on the female actors. It don't mean a thing to appreciate how someone looks or make a judgement on someone of the same sex being 'attractive' or not. It's showing a tunnel vision sort of effect IMO that so many people opt to only post an opinion on females.
Not slamming anyone here, just making an observation. it's interesting from a psychological POV that's all. :)

Darth Shifty
08-09-2002, 10:27 AM
Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That pretty much says it all, Exhaust Port.

I find it intriguing that so far there's no female response in this thread and most of the male postees have basically concentrated on the female actors. It don't mean a thing to appreciate how someone looks or make a judgement on someone of the same sex being 'attractive' or not. It's showing a tunnel vision sort of effect IMO that so many people opt to only post an opinion on females.
Not slamming anyone here, just making an observation. it's interesting from a psychological POV that's all. :)

Jargo, I was just thinking the same thing. It's funny how any woman will be the first to say what other women they think are attractive or not, but if a guy is questioned about the looks of another male - whoa, step back - got too much knuckle-draggin', power toolin', sports watchin', beer drinkin' stuff to do. :D

billfremore
08-09-2002, 10:47 AM
Hey I'll be the first to admit it then, Brad Pitt is a very pretty man.
and hey he can actually act too!

mabudonicus
08-09-2002, 11:19 AM
i hope that's just huggy bear talkin, freemore:)....
maybe that new avatar's getting to ya, bro.
i think fabio's a fine looking man, and he's funnier than 2 monkey films playing at the same time!!!!

InsaneJediGirl
08-09-2002, 12:47 PM
Russel Crowe-Looks like dog-throw up:dead:

Vin Diseal-Overhyped,looks like has has an IQ of 50

Fabio-Honey,Get a haircut and we'll talk;)

Brittney Spears-:dead:

Hm..Brad Pitt,Matt Damon,Ben Affleck(sp?) are all ugly to me too!

bigbarada
08-09-2002, 12:49 PM
Okay, here's my "What the heck do women see in him?" list:

Tom Cruise (mentioned him earlier)
Ben Affleck
any of the Baldwins
Leonardo DiCrappio
Jude Law (I guess most women just want another woman to talk to)
Nicolas Cage
NSYNC/Backstreet Boys and all of their clones
Casper Van Dien
Freddie Prinze Jr.
James Van Der Beek

scruffziller
08-09-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Cameron Diaz

She used to be dang HOT!!!!!!!!!
In "The MASK" HOOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

scruffziller
08-09-2002, 01:02 PM

Yea it is really weird every time you pick up tabloid and look at the pics, the celebs look really weird in their make up and outfits.
It's like they are made to look worse than if they were average joes. Maybe its the film.:confused:

QLD
08-10-2002, 12:14 PM
I love Cameron Diaz now. She is so cute/hot in a dorky sort of way. And the only part of CHarlie's Angels worth watching was the scene with her dancing in her underwear.

To quote the Kool-Aid Man...."OH YEAH!!"

Lt Kettch
08-10-2002, 03:17 PM
Avril Lavigne, all of my friends think she is hot, i'm just like, guys no...

DarthBrandon
08-10-2002, 03:40 PM
Beauty is seen through the eyes of the beholder. Some may like the looks of actors/actresses, while others may think they are ugly and overrated. I for one agree with many that some of these actors/ actresses are overrated in the looks dept, but I cannot agree on which ones they are because some may like this one while others may like that one. It's the person looking at something that has to decide, because ultimately we all see something a different way than others. If we all saw the same things, there would be a lot of girls and guys fighting over one particular guy or girl that they all perceived as beautiful or handsome. I for one would like to put the B in Britney Spears and a few others mentioned here, if you know what I mean, while others here would rather put their boot in her face. As always it's a difference of opinion and perception.:)

JON9000
08-10-2002, 04:13 PM
Minnie Driver is not an attractive woman.

DarthBrandon
08-10-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by JON9000
Minnie Driver is not an attractive woman.

No, she is not an attractive woman, but she has something about her that appeals to the general public. In my opinion you are correct in that statement while others out there will disagree, because they see her as a beautiful women. Someone posted that Laura Flynn Boyle, Calista Flockhart, Gwyneth Paltrow, Christina Ricci, Jennifer Lopez, and Anna Nicole Smith were actresses with overrated looks and I agree about all of them except Paltrow and Lopez. These two women in my opinion and perception are beautiful and sexy women. Others will disagree, but this is how I feel on this matter. :) :D

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 05:47 PM
Jenifer Lopez, I have never, ever understood what people see in her.

Calista Flockhart- She'd snap if you touched her!

But the most over rated celeb ever is:
Kylie Minogue, I just don't find her at all attractive, she has a bony little face, with a pointy long ratty nose, also it would make a refreshing change to see her wearing something! I bet she's one of these women who dresses in literally her underwear, and then says "men think women are just pieces of meet, only good for looking at"

1111-All the ones.

plasticfetish
08-10-2002, 06:27 PM
Calista Flockhart......
now she's a skull with weird googly eyes and an egg whisk for a body. I get scared when she shows on tele.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

and Reese Witherspoon, she looks like a freaky little elf

Hahahahaha!

Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Russel Crowe-Looks like dog-throw up

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

ahhhh ... this is all so good.
I used to work on one particular movie lot, right next to the stage where they filmed "Party of five". (Remember that TV show?) I had my entire family convinced that the weird thing about that show is that all of the actors where in fact midgets ... and that this is quite common in "show business". Smaller actors means smaller sets and that saves money for the studio.

There is some truth in the fact that many of the people that become famous/stars are just a little odd looking. Kind of a mix between "good" looks and "interesting" features. One of the other things I've noticed is that most "stars" have strangely large heads. On another movie lot (a long time ago when I was a movie lot flunky) I was nearly run over by Arnold Schwarzenegger who was speeding around in a golf cart. I don't remember being as scared of being crushed as I was of his huge huge head. It was as big and square as a bathroom trash can.

QLD
08-10-2002, 06:44 PM
Actually, I thought Minnie Driver was pretty hot in Grosse Point Blank.

vulcantouch
08-11-2002, 12:34 PM
brandon: "If we all saw the same things, there would be a lot of girls and guys fighting over one particular guy or girl"
-but that's exactly what Does happen, be it in high school, the singles bar or the media :sur:

"Beauty is seen through the eyes of the beholder"
-not often; usually it's empirical. see numerous studies done on cultures everywhere, in which people are asked to rank face photos according to attractiveness. whether primitive or modern, all peoples are consistent in their rankings. the "sense" of beauty seems to be in our dna :zzz:

ep: "got too much knuckle-draggin', power toolin', sports watchin', beer drinkin' stuff to do"
-not really; it's just that the chix is where my passions really lie, so they're more fun to dish about :evil: :kiss:
meanwhile, because of its connotations i've never trusted that "natural beauty" phrase you toss up so casually. it makes it sound as though beauty is either vulgar & forced (christina aguilera), or effortless and somehow "wholesome". the following nietzsche quote explains why i don't trust the latter inference:
"the beauty of a race or family, the charm and benevolence of their whole demeanor, is earned by labor; like genius, it is the final result of the accumulatory labor of generations.
"one must have made many great sacrifices to good taste, one must for its sake done many things, left many things undone.
"one must have preferred beauty to advantage, habit, opinion, indolence."
which is why the guy checkin out a gal in the breath-mint commercial wonders to himself "i wonder what her mom looks like?" not cuz he wants to Do her mom, but cuz he wonders whether this chik's yumminess is anomolous, or typical of her bloodline; cuz in the latter's case she's more guaranteed to push out good-lookin puppies ;) (of course, in my experience what the Dad looks like is generally a better indicator of a daughter's "prospects" ).
in other words, while gorgeous "girls next door" occasionally sprout up from nowhere, they usually don't.

i agree britney's a bit fetal-lookin, but i don't mind, she's still kinda cute & harmless :) Lf boyle disconcertingly resembles montgomery clift a little too closely, but otherwise seems intimidatingly perfect just the way i likes em :evil:
because her skull structure makes her seem artificially emaciated when in fact she's probably just naturally thin, calista, like kate moss before her, has been a lightning rod for politically-correct notions of what women Should look like; after all, if they can be fat & medium, why can't they be thin too? not that i'm much of a fan of either moss Or calista, but they don't bother me much either.
can someone tell me which one is melissa joan fart and which one is sarah michelle lock-her-in-the-cellar?? they're both so middle-america dull and unmemorable :p (same with jennifer aniston & kirsten dumst; though they are gifted comedic actresses, i never got their whole sex-symbol rep :p same with anna kornykoven :p ) meanwhile, renee ziggywigger, zooey deschanel, chloe sevigny, cate blanchett, the bush twins, the hilton heiresses etc are Upper-middle-america dull and undistinguishable. the difference? the covers of out-of-touch Vanity Fair magazine impotently bestow "it" girl status on the latter group :rolleyes:
camera dazeass, gwynyth paltry, julia robots, jowell, mad-onna, j-ho & mariah canary are perfect examples of the media trying to confuse personal ambition with beauty. chix are the only ones fooled; we guys ain't.
saricuhcuh jessicuhcuh parkakarkakarkakarker, christina reechy, and nearly all the "quirky" models of the last decade (maggie rizer's (http://www.versailles.net/mr.htm) the only one whose name comes to mind), are a perfect example of david spade's early-90s quip "remember when models used to be Pretty? i'll make a deal with the fashion industry: you get to tell us which Guys are hot. . . and let the Heterosexuals pick the girls!" :D indeed, a lot of the quirky models' careers seem to spring from snarky g a y snideness, like when warhol's factory brought in ingrid superstar to play a joke on their reigning babe edie: "doesn't ingrid look like an ugly version of edie??", they whispered amongst themselves. "let's pay Her all the attention for a while to make edie jealous!" similarly these chix are the joke today's tastemakers are playing on All of us :p

qld: i loved Grosse Point Blank but had a hard time seeing minnie drivenfacefirstintoabrickwall as the object of the decade-long sentiments of Any man :p meanwhile, i LOVE denise richards :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

sk99: i'm not terribly intrigued by cox, but she's still the pwettiest Fwiend; whose eye Didn't she catch in the '84 springstein vid?

to tell the tooth: while tusky patricia arquette is :p, lauren hutton is :kiss: both have jacked-up teeth, so what's the diff? lots :D

mabudon: actually i kinda dig kristen scott thomas' impeccability :kiss:

jt: don't like reese? no problem, i'll be happy take her country-club "elfiness" offa yer hands :kiss: as for nat, refer to my prev remarks on her (and other babes) (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=31435#post31435) :cool:
vt

Emperor Howdy
08-11-2002, 01:38 PM
Yeah, QLD, I have to agree with VT.......Denise Richards?!?! I don't know, bro....she's pretty hot to me. Now, Christina Agumalaria, or whatever......pure mutt.................oh, and Jennifer Aniston? I try....I really do.....but I just don't see it. AT ALL.

Darth Nihilus
08-13-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
But the most over rated celeb ever is:
Kylie Minogue, I just don't find her at all attractive,

She is over-rated, her sister (pre-augmentation) is a thousand times better looking.

Others I would have named have already been listed.

Sarah-Jessica Parker - The Horse Woman
Julia Roberts - Boring, boring, boring.
Gwyneth Paltrow - Plain and bony.
Gisele Bundchen - What's so special?

Damn I hate these lists, I can never think of everyone I want to write down.

QLD
08-13-2002, 03:11 AM
Maybe Richard's acting "skills" are what make her so unappealing to me.

Mike Troxell
08-13-2002, 05:45 PM
It brings great sadness to my heart that Natalie Portman and Cameron Diaz were listed in this motley array :( And the only thing Britney Spears has going for her is her looks. Smoking.

I'm not going to include Calista Flockheart on my list because I refuse to believe anyone can find her attractive.

My list...

Julia "Horseteeth" Roberts
Anna Kournikova
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Lucy Liu
Drew Barrymore
Fabio would make a very ugly woman.
Demi Moore
Minnie Driver

QLD
08-13-2002, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I LOVE Cameron Diaz. She is my fantasy of choise lately! :D

Rogue II
08-13-2002, 07:21 PM
Over rated good looks:

Cameron Diaz
Ally McBeal (whatever her name is)
Nicholas Cage
Anna Nichole Smith (how did she ever make it into Playboy?)
any of the Baldwins
Kim Bassinger

vulcantouch
08-16-2002, 09:58 AM
there's like a dozen narrow-faced dark-haired male celebs- dylan mcdermott, duncan sheik, noah wyle, matt lauer etc etc ETC, that i just can't tell apart :p
add estella warren, dummi moore & ashley juggs to my above roster of middle-america bores :p & add gretchen mol to my above roster of Upper-middle-america bores (to belong to That group you apparently have to have a quirky name :rolleyes: )
anna nicole? she's harmless. and like monica lewinsky, i think she's damn cute for a fat chick- i even like her voice :kiss:
hey qld! i thought it was Fat Albert who sez hey hey hey, not rerun! rerun's the one whose walkin is represented by the bouncing-ball drum sound of the What's Happnin theme song :crazed:
vt

stormie
08-16-2002, 12:13 PM
I'll add a married couple to the "overrated looks" category.

Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke. Thurman is bug-eyed and quite homely. Hawke always looks unkempt, unshaven, and in need of a good scrubbing. What they lack in appearance could be made up with some type of talent, but Thurman has the on-screen charisma of a used tissue, while Hawke just plain can't act--and, from what I've read, can't write either.

After thinking for just about a minute, I retract the bit about Hawke's acting. He was quite good in Training Day. :D

darthvyn
08-16-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
hey qld! i thought it was Fat Albert who sez hey hey hey, not rerun! rerun's the one whose walkin is represented by the bouncing-ball drum sound of the What's Happnin theme song :crazed:
vt

here's the low down on the fat albert/rerun hey hey hey thing...

fat albert says:

hey HEY HEY!

while rerun says:

hey HEY HEY!

and now you know... the whole truth...

vulcantouch
08-19-2002, 11:02 PM
i mean come on, putting the accent on the middle Hey is sposed to be original?? hmmph, to me it it just sounds
ga y
g ay
G A Y :p
daryl hannah never did nuthin for me, glad she's kinduva hasbeen now :p add kyra sedgwick (edie's lackluster cousin) to the upper-middle bore pack, and throw jennifer love hewitt to sarah michelle & melissa joan fart :p
vt

TeeEye7
08-20-2002, 06:00 AM
This ain't the Dish Network.

This is the DIS Network.

These rich, spoiled, babies deserve it :D

KEEP 'EM COMING!

Please add......Madonna.....to the list :p

.......we now continue with the DIS Network......

vulcantouch
09-25-2002, 11:45 PM
i'll never understand the basis for her glamourous rep :p
add kristen mcmenamy to the "quirky" model pool, and add paul rudd & eric mccormack to above list of lookalike, dark-haired, hatchet-faced "hunks" :p

vulcantouch
10-14-2002, 11:48 AM
after all, what's with that pretentious dropping of the D from her last name?? :p

RooJay
10-14-2002, 04:29 PM
Here's my take on Natalie Portman: She is, quite simply, only very classically beautiful. Not cute, not pretty, not particuarly attractive - just classically beautiful. I think a lot of people, myself included, just find her looks boring. There is nothing terribly intriguing about her looks, but she is beautiful (and I certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed!)

I never have, nor ever will understand some people's obsession with Sarah Michelle Gellar. When I look a her, all I see is an abundance of plain old-fashioned UGLY. Sue me. I tried watching the show once, but just couldn't get over it. How anyone finds her attractive is beyond me. To each his own.

Denise Richards is another one that I've never quite understood. Sure she's curvy in all the right places, but not in the right ways - if that makes any sense. I can draw a woman with a body that hot, but that still wouldn't make her real. Fake 'uns have always been a major turn off for me; it doesn't matter to me how big they are - if they ain't real, they may as well not be there at all. Her face looks like an elf (the north pole kind, not the cool Tolkien kind!) and everything else about her is just too fake to catch my interest. The same goes for Pamela Anderson - I see photo's of her from before when she had real breasts and I think "WOW, she was hot!". I see what she looks like now, and all I see is an ugly, plastic skank; the fake breasts, the overflowing fountain of bleached blonde curls, the lack of natural feminine softness, the gross overabundance of make-up, the trashy, too revealing clothing, all of it. Not appealing to me in the slightest.

DarthBrandon
10-14-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
Here's my take on Natalie Portman: She is, quite simply, only very classically beautiful. Not cute, not pretty, not particuarly attractive - just classically beautiful. I think a lot of people, myself included, just find her looks boring. There is nothing terribly intriguing about her looks, but she is beautiful (and I certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed!)

I never have, nor ever will understand some people's obsession with Sarah Michelle Gellar. When I look a her, all I see is an abundance of plain old-fashioned UGLY. Sue me. I tried watching the show once, but just couldn't get over it. How anyone finds her attractive is beyond me. To each his own.

Denise Richards is another one that I've never quite understood. Sure she's curvy in all the right places, but not in the right ways - if that makes any sense. I can draw a woman with a body that hot, but that still wouldn't make her real. Fake 'uns have always been a major turn off for me; it doesn't matter to me how big they are - if they ain't real, they may as well not be there at all. Her face looks like an elf (the north pole kind, not the cool Tolkien kind!) and everything else about her is just too fake to catch my interest. The same goes for Pamela Anderson - I see photo's of her from before when she had real breasts and I think "WOW, she was hot!". I see what she looks like now, and all I see is an ugly, plastic skank; the fake breasts, the overflowing fountain of bleached blonde curls, the lack of natural feminine softness, the gross overabundance of make-up, the trashy, too revealing clothing, all of it. Not appealing to me in the slightest.

You hit them all on the nose, pardon any pun. Nat is beautiful, but in a boring kind of way, maybe in years to come she will grow even more beautiful and fit in to it a little better. I agree with you about SMG, that nose is just one mother of noses and her figure isn't all that great. Pamela was a good old girl next door until she turned into a rock star groupie with fake breasts and every other thing she could do to turn or shock someone away from her appeal. Someone also mentioned Uma Thurman, all I have to say about that thing is :eek: Next we have Sarah-Jessica Parker, she just gets uglier every year and that nose could reach from Canada to the United States easily. I however like Jennifer Love Hewitt and Ashley Judd, don't know why I just do. If you ask me they are all over-rated because if you saw them on the street and they weren’t famous you would just look once maybe and then keep on truck’n along.

Jango Jett
10-19-2002, 02:59 PM
Brittany Spears is over rated in my opinion

mini-rock
10-19-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Jango Jett
Brittany Spears is over rated in my opinion

YES! The more recent Britt anyway. She was really hot way back, but lost whatever she had after Justin.

Arrogant Arse
10-22-2002, 11:14 AM
Mega Skank Madonna. To me, she has never been attractive, and I don't give a Ratt's A** about how stylish she is.

Memo to Madonna: Eat something, Take a shower, and You are NOT from England.

Patient Zero
10-22-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Arrogant Arse
Mega Skank Madonna. To me, she has never been attractive, and I don't give a Ratt's A** about how stylish she is.

Memo to Madonna: Eat something, Take a shower, and You are NOT from England.

You just can't dress up trash! I feel the same way about Courtney Hole ;) as well. You just can't disquise poo with a shiny ribbon. :crazed:

Jon
10-26-2002, 11:18 AM
I have not read through the entire thread here so I apologize if I'm repeating others opinions, but I am going to take the opportunity to get my opinion heard.

First, I agree with the recent posters that Natalie is absolutely beautiful. She does not get me hot & bothered like some of the others I will mention, but she is beautiful & I believe she will only get better as she gets older.

Women who aren't necessarily HOT but do just attract the hell out of me are Ashley Judd, Charlize Theron, Tea Leoni, Natalie Portman, Erika Christenson, Linda Cardelinni, Julie Bowen & Diane Lane.

A couple honorable mentions for three women who I think are underrated are Winona Ryder, Mandy Moore & Alicia Silverstone.

The winners though are Reese Witherspoon, Ali Larter, Jodi Lyn O'Keefe, Kirsten Dunst & the ABSOLUTE BEST Katie Holmes.

But the worst, the unbelievably horribly overrated and I believe Nasty looking are Juliette Lewis (AHHHHHHHHH!!), Rosanna Arquette, Sarah Jessica Skeleton, Ally McBeal (Needs an Ally McMeal), Uma Thurman (AAAHHHH!!!), Sarah Michelle Gellar, Julia Roberts, Courtney Cox Arquette, Cameron Diaz (I can draw stick figures bigger than her), Lucy Liu (Don't get it), Brittany Spears (Has anyone gone from hot to skank faster??) Oh wait Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez, Anna Kournikova & Tara Reid (Brown Bag Special, Body Good, Head Not).

The 'Xir
10-26-2002, 08:35 PM
I think you guys have covered most of them, at least all the ones I was going to suggest!

JEDIpartner
10-26-2002, 10:29 PM
Can I throw in another GUY??

Vin Diesel looks like a punch-drunk monkey on steroids. Can't stand him. Dumb as a box of hair also...! Pleeeuuuggghh!

Deoxyribonucleic
10-26-2002, 11:04 PM

Hail Scruffzilla...FINALLY someone who feels the same as me....as Howard Stern says..."she's got the butter face"...everything's good butter face...muwhhahahahahhhha!

Originally posted by bigbarada
Okay, here's my "What the heck do women see in him?" list:

Tom Cruise (mentioned him earlier)
Ben Affleck
any of the Baldwins
Leonardo DiCrappio
Jude Law (I guess most women just want another woman to talk to)
Nicolas Cage
NSYNC/Backstreet Boys and all of their clones
Casper Van Dien
Freddie Prinze Jr.
James Van Der Beek

Don't forget stoopid Matt Damon too....ooooog that guy makes me wanna kill people that are irritating....like HIM!

Kevin Costner's an A-hole...he's also a homophobe so you know he's probably racist too!

All the stoopid "friends"...male and female, especially David Stoopid Schwimmer who I hear is a "biiiiiig Star Wars fan! Who cares what you are bub...you act like an idiot on tv and I know you aren't a good actor so you must just be acting like yourself!

David Duchovny...I can't stand his arrogance and he sucks as an actor and his lips are to small and his face looks squished together and he's type-cast for the rest of his life...HA HA!

There are SO many!

Wow...feels good to rant. :)

JEDIpartner
10-27-2002, 12:30 PM
Shall we continue on the "Guy thing"?

Russell Crowe- a good look reveals the man's got these warts all over his face. Pretty! :kiss:

I think all of the "Friends" are more annoying than pretty. You mentioned Davis Schwimmer... how about Matthew "Guess my weight this week" Perry and Matt "How punched me in the nose and gave me these black eyes" LeBlanc? Courtney Cox is a shriveled skank and Jennifer Aniston is taking on the qualities of her husband. I don't consider Lisa Kudrow goodlooking, but she is the only one who makes me laugh... even if she IS a one trick pony.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-27-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Shall we continue on the "Guy thing"?

Russell Crowe- a good look reveals the man's got these warts all over his face. Pretty! :kiss:

EEEEEEEEgads I forgot about russel crow (he sucks so much he doesn't deserve capitalization of his name) I don't know how ANY woman could find that short, squat, egotistical, ugly bun of a sitch ATTRACTIVE? Ick spit poo he's so like an ape, all hairy and dragging his arms and that's an insult to apes! :eek:

I adore this thread! :D

JEDIpartner
10-28-2002, 10:02 AM
This thread should be retitled "Let's get catty about the stars, shall we?" :evil:

Deoxyribonucleic
10-28-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
This thread should be retitled "Let's get catty about the stars, shall we?" :evil:

rrreooorrrrr fffffffffftttttttttttttffffffffftttt
rrreooowwwwwrrrr fffttttt ffffttttttt!

(to the tune of the Ichy and Scratchy theme)

We fight we bite,
we bite and fight and bite,
bite bite bite,
fight, fight, fight
Hollywooooood is a freeeeeeaaak Showwww!

Ok, Ok, I need to respond.
For the most part I've agreed with all your opinions of celebs---so here's my 2 or 3 cents.

"Cute" celebrities- I think they are "cute", not drop-dead gorgeous, but cute in a kinda-you-want-to-be-their-friend way:
Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Natalie Portman, Mira Sorvino, Jennifer Aniston, Matt Damon, Jude Law (its the eyes), Ben Affleck, Tobey McGuire.

These ones I just don't understand the hoopla over:
Jennifer Love Hewitt- as my hsband says, she's got big hooters but nothing else.
Calista Flockhart- just too darn skinny.
Denise Richards- too pointy and too plastic
Brittany Murphy- Utters one line "I'll never tell" and is suddenly a star
Angelina Jolie- those lips scare the hell out of me.
Anna Nicol Smith- how did this happen?!?
SJP- 'nuff said
Penelope Cruz- have you ever *really* looked at her? Aieeeee!

These ones just seem rather boring:
Anna Kournikova, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Salma Hayek,, Estrella Warren, Kirsten Dunst,

As for the guys, I don't understand why- Vin Diesel, Jay Gyllenhaal, Ryan Phillipe (Reese's husband), Heath Ledger, Leo, Freddie Prinz Jr, n Richard Gere, Jay Hernandez - people find them hot or attractive.

Also as for guys, the ones that can share a towel with me any day are: Hugh Jackman, without the Wolverine hair
Ewan McGregor, in anything
Goran Vjisnik (from ER)
Mel Gibson
Pierce Brosnan (it's the cool, I-know-I'm-handsome attitude)

The Overlord Returns
10-31-2002, 12:29 PM
Good lord this has been good for a larf........

There are few things more amusingly pathetic than bitter fanboys (and girls) taking potshots at hollywood "beauties" from the safety of a star wars message board..... ;)

Its really nothing against the stars themselves, but more about the media and how it has created such ado about some celebrities....and some us wonder why it happened.
PS- I'd gladly say it to a celebrity's face. :-)

JEDIpartner
11-03-2002, 11:46 AM
You know what, Karma? You and I seem to have the same taste in celebrities!! :D

2-1B
09-12-2005, 01:33 AM
I'm going to suggest the future Kate Cruise . . . don't get me wrong, I should enjoy a good rodger or two but I don't think she's THAT cute. The lack of symmetry in her face is kind of off putting to me. Of course, many people if not all people are this way but that one eye of hers really looks off to me.

Not really a celebrity but this is a Star Wars site and many fans think she's hot - Amy Allen aka Alyalyaayla Secura. lol Seriously, she looks better in the blue makeup. Her face looks partially caved in, perhaps from a baseball bat ? :confused:

Sarah Jessica Parker is definitely not good looking in my opinion.

and I agree with what Karma said, it's not so much a knock against the stars themselves but rather the whole culture of beauty and how everyone has to put on this big show, look at all the awards shows and how "beautiful" everyone has to look. So yes, I think we can sit here and opine as to how beautiful these people are.

Okay, that doesn't apply in the case of Amy Allen since she's not Hollywood but since 've read many times over the years how hot she is, I had to comment. lol

CaptainSolo1138
09-12-2005, 07:54 AM
The problem with Kate Cruise:rolleyes: is that she's cute. Kittens are cute. Handmade Mother's Day cards are cute. There's a big difference between "hot" and "cute", IMO. Hot is hot. Cute is nice for awhile, but eventually it gets annoying.

El Chuxter
09-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Two words: Jessica Alba.

Why is she in every movie of late? She has zero talent. She's above average, but there are many cuter actresses with actual talent who should have these roles.

She's definitely sharing a mattress with a top film company executive or two.

Angelina Jolie. She looks freaky. I honestly think Brad Pitt is a prettier woman than she is.

Amy Allen is attractive, as is Whatsherface Krishnan. But slap some green makeup on them and hand them a lightsaber and holy crap, but they transcend the word "hot."

2-1B
09-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Chux, I won't argue with you on Jessica Alba's talent or lack of talent but I do think she's a knockout ! :)

Angelina, yeah she's freaky sometimes but I just saw her in Mr. & Mrs. Smith and I thought she was delicious. :)