PDA

View Full Version : Deleted scene on DVD

mylow thehutt
08-08-2002, 11:06 AM
:) I heard that one of the Deleted scenes on the Ep2 DVD is were Obi-wan analyzes the saber dart.heres a comic pic.Also does any one have any idea what the other ones are? :confused:

Pendo
08-08-2002, 11:09 AM
Thanx for the picture!

This (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=151641#post151641) is what JarJarBinks thinks the deleted scenes will be and it seems pretty accurate to me!

PENDO!

Mandalorian Candidat
08-08-2002, 12:50 PM
The only two scenes that sound interesting are the Geonosian trial and the OB1/Massiff ones and perhaps the one with Jocasta Nu.

Jek Porky 2002
08-08-2002, 03:03 PM
The one I'm most looking forward to is the one with Padme's family, although Obi-Wan and the Droids looks pretty good.

Pendo
08-08-2002, 03:31 PM
I'm most looking forward to the Lost 20!! I wish it was never cut! You knever know it may be one of the re-incorporated scenes :D. It gives some good background information on the Jedi.

PENDO!

Beast
08-08-2002, 03:34 PM
Well Pendo, ILM said that there may be 3 scenes restored to the actual movie. And from what I understand, Lucas now wishes that he would have kept that scene in the final print. So it's likely that it could actually appear in the movie. I hope so, it gives us some intresting background on Dooku. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
08-08-2002, 03:45 PM
I hope it does go back in! Thanx for the info JJB :D. I hope if it does go back in it that it DOESN'T appear in the deleted scenes list also. The Air Taxi was in both the movie and deleted scenes on the Episode 1 DVD, what was the point when we could of had another deleted scene in the list instead of the Air Taxi one which we could see in the film anyway? That way we'd get more deleted scenes.

PENDO!

Beast
08-08-2002, 03:54 PM
Well, the air taxi scene originally was only going to appear only in the Deleted Scenes section. But when Lucas saw it completed, he loved the scene so much that he had it restored to the film. It was left in the deleted scenes, so that they could talk about it in the deleted scenes documentary, because it was originally cut.

I don't think there was another scene they could have replaced it with in the deleted scenes. The promotional stuff had already been printed up for the discs, and it mentioned 7 deleted scenes. The rest of the cut stuff that didn't make it's way to the disc was all scene trims, and Lucas doesn't like putting trims on the DVD. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
08-08-2002, 04:10 PM
Good point JJB!

Would you like to see a sort of compilation of the trimmed scenes like what was done on the Gladiator DVD? There are lots of little scenes they could put onto a short video and have the Star Wars theme playing in the background or something. It would give fans a chance to see those little scenes that will never be seen properly.

PENDO!

Beast
08-08-2002, 04:21 PM
I'm thinking we may see those scene trims in the future. Remember there is still supposed to be an archival edition boxset of all the movies. So he could be holding some of the more important scene trims back for a bonus disc on that.

There are alot of few second scenes that were trimmed, that I doubt will ever be seen. It's not that big of a deal, almost every movie that has deleted scenes don't show ever minor trim. :)

Of course in the end, anything is possible. Atleast unlike Spielburg, Lucas does believe and like Audio Commentaries. So we are guranteed atleast having one of those for every movie.

I would love for the archival boxset though, that they actually did a second track of the actors though. I doubt we would get Ford or Fisher, but Mark Hammil, Warwick Davis, Kenny Baker, etc. would be likely to jump at it. Warwick Davis did a great Audio Commentary on the recent Willow disc. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
08-08-2002, 04:27 PM
I'd love to participate, or even just to listen to a fan comentary of the films (of course they'd have to stop an Episode I fan comentary because they'd just rip the film to shreads ;)). I'd love to hear what the films mean to other fans and what are their best and worst parts, etc. Does anyone else think that would be great? George if you're reading this PLEASE let me do a fan comentary!!! :D

PENDO!

tagmac
08-09-2002, 11:38 AM
Personally, I'd like to see the Droid control ship scene on the DVD. It sounded like a very big sequence, and would make the deleted scenes really worth it. I'm sure most people would agree that we don't wanna see 8 1-minute clips that could have easily been re-inserted into the film.

Originally posted by Pendo
The Air Taxi was in both the movie and deleted scenes on the Episode 1 DVD, what was the point when we could of had another deleted scene in the list instead of the Air Taxi one which we could see in the film anyway? That way we'd get more deleted scenes.

PENDO!

Like the scene with Darth Maul and Qui-Gon fighting on the ramp over Tatooine - I thought for sure it was gonna be on there. I was hoping for some More Darth Maul footage on the Ep. I DVD, and was very disappointed.

Beast
08-09-2002, 11:45 AM
Tagmac, the reason that the ramp fight wasn't include was because it was bearly a minute long. And it was also a scene trim, and Lucas himself said that he won't put scene trims onto the DVD. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

tagmac
08-09-2002, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the info. Still, I'd have liked to have seen that footage restored. Maul got too little screen time (especially compared to Jar Jar), and it would have been nice to see more.

mylow thehutt
08-10-2002, 03:45 PM
Is it true that the droid raid with Koon and Mundi will be added to the film?

Pendo
08-10-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
Is it true that the droid raid with Koon and Mundi will be added to the film?

NO! Most of us would like to see it added but as of yet there has been no confirmation on what will be added back onto the film.

PENDO!

Jargo
08-10-2002, 08:13 PM
Shame, gotta be a wicked kick azz scene with Plo going ape on the droids! :D

I think one of the reasons the lost twenty got cut apart from trimming down the timings, was because Alathea McGrath came over as really weird and kooky. perhaps george thought to begin with she was too much for an audience to take and he's going to put her back now that we got used to her style. I know that's not it but it seemed that way to me after i first saw the movie, i was like 'what the hell was she on!' :) The saber dart scene i can live without. But the droid control ship raid is a must, it's a whole new plot point and the reason the droids are more menacing this time round is because they can't be switched off. It's like a huge dramatic cliff hanger right in the middle of the frenetic battle and it's so needed at that point. It just highlights the futility of going up against these drone soldiers. Nothing can stop the machine until the cavalry arrive. The naberrie family scenes like the conversation between Anakin and Padmes dad or the bit where padmes sister and mother tell her that anakin fancies her. that adds to the story and humanises what seemed to me to be lacklustre storytelling. at that point in the movie.

The tatooine footage of Padme with threepio is that on the DVD or is Tony daniels talking out of his bottom?

Darth Marra 54
08-11-2002, 04:42 PM
I agree the Ploon Kloon raid is a must!
I would also like to see more Clone War and Arena battle with Mace vs. Jango