PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Dark Horse's plans for the CLONE WARS???

Tycho
08-08-2002, 07:21 PM
Hey guys, I posted some news from Comic Con.

What do you think about

Dark Horse's plans to expand on The Clone Wars??? (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=13&show_article=2689)

Check out the link. Some of the plot synopsis are hinted at, including the fate of Kamino!

Janzeke Khan
08-09-2002, 04:11 PM
I think it was a brilliant move to not allow them to tamper with Padame, this way there will be no errors in the story. The fate of Kamino doesn't really seem to be much of an issue to me because, since episode the Jedi knew where the clones came from. After they (I suppose) turn against them it's only logical that Kamino would be destroyed, conquered, Or maybe it's a death trap (BOOOM) set by Palpatine for many Jedi. But it will be very cool to see can't wait.:D

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 04:07 AM
Well the question on my mind is. Whats the deal with attack on Kamino. Will the all the Jedi might on Kamino?
Whens it comming out?
Whats the deal?

Anyone know?

Geonosian
08-14-2002, 12:26 AM
Does anyone know anthing about "Attack on Kamino"?

Tycho
08-14-2002, 10:46 AM
I don't know anything more really. Who attacks Kamino? Jedi or Separatists? Republic Clones even? Pirates?

It would seem Kamino would be incredibly well-defended with the troops they have, or even the child-troopers they are training, plus the equipment and weaponry they would have to have to train with.

Some good news is that Jan Duursema is doing the art I think!

With her clear lines and detailed backgrounds, it's going to rock in any case!

Geonosian
08-15-2002, 02:44 AM
I know for a fact that all the jedi council will be there!

Tycho
08-15-2002, 11:30 AM
How do you know this?

And who is on the Post-Geonosis Council?

The E2 Jedi Council was:

Yoda
Mace
Ki-Adi Mundi
Plo Koon

SaeSee Tiin
Eeth Koth
Adi Gallia (flew Jedi Starfighter at Geonosis, survived)
Depa Billaba (not at Geonosis, that we know of)
Oppo Rancisis (not at Geonosis, that we know of)
Even Piel (not at Geonosis, that we know of)

Coleman Trebdor (replaces Yarael Poof, though both Jedi are dead now)
Shaak-Ti (replaces Yaddle - fate unknown)

El Chuxter
08-15-2002, 12:19 PM
Interesting that Padme's off limits, but Obi-Wan and Ani aren't. . . .

As to who attacks Kamino, here's my guess: what group has the most reason to want the production of clones to grind to a halt? And is led by the guy who secretly ordered the clones and therefore knows their otherwise "erased" location?

Vortex
08-15-2002, 01:03 PM
I'm ready for the comic fill ins. Its been slow at the old comic shop lately. One new star wars comic ever couple of weeks.

I'll be glad when there's a pick up in star wars titles.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-16-2002, 11:08 AM
There have been a few established EU plotlines that've been altered with TPM and AOTC scenes, so to be honest, I'm not so enthused by fill-in stories rigth now. I say, wait until 2005 to deal with prequel-era tales. Because you know that after '05, there're gonna be a boatload of books, comics, games, etc. related to that time once all the loose ends are tied up.

TheFrankEinstein
08-16-2002, 06:06 PM
Expect key characters to include Quinlan Vos and Vilmah Grahrk ("Villie").

With all of the freaky names in AOTC, I'm surprised George didn't name him Vilmah Vliinston. *painful zing!*

But I really dug Kamino, and I'd like to know the fate of my favorite Star Wars planet.

scruffziller
08-20-2002, 10:45 AM
Yes this seems very appropriate to give the people who wanted EPS 2 to be called THE CLONE WARS what they want. THis way they can absorb the entirety of it for all its worth.

rynobot
09-03-2002, 04:00 AM
Padme is of limits cause no one knows what happens to her, atleast we know that Obi-Wand and Anakin won't be dead.

Beast
10-21-2002, 07:59 AM
Attack on Kamino information from Star Wars.com. :)

The Battle of Kamino: 2003 Comics
October 18, 2002

January 2003 brings two pivotal events to the pages of Dark Horse Comics' Star Wars titles: one that forever transformed Princess Leia into a Rebel, and a major battle of the Clone Wars.
It is two months since the Clone Wars began on Geonosis. After a series of indecisive skirmishes, the Separatists rally for a bold charge against the cloning facilities on Kamino, the source of the Republic's army. To defend this vital asset, the Republic has dispatched a squadron of Jedi starfighters and a battalion of clone troopers under the command of the Jedi. The result is a battle that blazes through space, through the cities, and through the crashing waves of Kamino.

Star Wars: Republic #50 is a double-sized 64-page special, by John Ostrander, Jan Duursema, Haden Blackman, Scott Allie and Stephen Thompson, with cover art by Jon Foster. It is scheduled for release on January 22.

During the early days of the Galactic Civil War, Princess Leia quietly aided the struggling Alliance through her connections with the Imperial Senate, using her diplomatic immunity to run mercy missions to besieged worlds such as Ralltiir. An increase in Imperial atrocities and violence forced her to supplement her political skills with more deadly talents, as depicted in the fifth issue of Star Wars: Empire.

Randy Stradley, Davidé Fabbri and Christian Della Vecchia adapt and expand a tale first told in the National Public Radio Dramatization of Star Wars. This issue features cover art by Bryan Ching. Star Wars: Empire #5 is scheduled for release on January 2.

For more information about Dark Horse Comics, visit their official website here. (http://www.darkhorse.com/)

http://starwars.com/eu/news/2002/10/news20021018b.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Attachment: The battle spills into the corridors of a Kaminoan city; pencils by Stephen Thompson. :cool: :)

Beast
10-21-2002, 08:03 AM
That first picture looks pretty good. I love that the CloneTrooper is wearing one of the shoulderpad magazine holders like the Imperial Sandtroopers in ANH have on. :cool:

Here's the other attachment. I think they did a very good job on capturing the look of Obi-Wan and Anakin in the comic. I may have to actually pick this one up. Though I haven't been reading the comics in ages. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Attachment: Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi weather the waves of Kamino; pencils by Jan Duursema :cool: :)

DeadCanDance
10-28-2002, 03:42 PM
What I don't understand is how Obi-wan and Anakin can be fighting together after AOTC. After all, Anakin went and got married to Padme at the end of AOTC, something that is forbidden by the Jedi Order, so how can he hope to hide this from Obi-wan? Unless things have become so desperate that Obi-wan doesn't care and will use any help he can get - let's just hope Dark Horse doesn't end up contradicting something that will happen in EP III - contradictions like that happened enough in the Marvel series (even though I think that was the best SW comic series ever)....

kadamontaga
12-13-2002, 04:59 PM
I've never read a Star Wars comic before, but i'm very interested in reading this post AOTC stuff. What issue of which comic do you think would be a good place to jump on? #50? And when will that issue be released?

Banthaholic
12-15-2002, 01:21 AM
I'm psyched about the Clone Wars comics. I recently just got back into the frey after a 5 year absence. While it's a haslle to catch up on all the storylines it sure is fun.
Heck I started recollecting 3 3/4 figures right when E2 came out and was able to get everything from where I left off (orange cards) to current.
Heck why wait till issue #50, Republic 46 came out this week, pick it up, might take a few issues to get into the story lines but it's worth it IMO

Tycho
12-18-2002, 05:36 AM
Yes, start at Star Wars: Republic #46. Last week #47 came out. It is REALLY good!

46-48 take place about a year before AOTC as far as I can figure out. It's before the Ansion mission in "The Approaching Storm" novel, too.

I might be wrong. I'll have to re-read 46.

But it's darn good! I like the elite Senate Guard being in the story along with Anakin and Obi-Wan!