PDA

View Full Version : Dissing the Target at Rockport in Rocky River, OH...

JEDIpartner
08-08-2002, 07:52 PM
Okay, kids... here's my angry tale about the Target in Rocky River, OH...

I went there after work, last night, to check if the toy department had been reset. I saw a skanky looking guy, with a lazy eye, in a Babylon 5 shirt with a cart full of pegs and shelving units for the toy department, so I approached him about the accessory sets. He grumbled at me and told me that they probably won't have them and that the aisle was going be be "Harry Potter". I said, "The whole action figure aisle... both sides?" He just ignored me. I left.

I came back in the morning and, lo and behold, they had the sets out and the Deluxe Yoda and Threepio. Already having gotten the Deluxe figures from KEBco, I was picking up a set for Jedi Drew. I took my two accessory sets and the two deluxe figures up to the register, whereupon I was stopped by a "manager". The cashier had already started ringing me up when the "manager" chick said, "Hold on... before you ring those up... there's a limit of two on all the STAR WARS product."

I said, "yeah- I have an Endor Accessory pack and a Death Star one and a deluxe Yoda and a deluxe See-Threepio set... four different ones. I didn't get more than two of anything!"

She told me that it was just two pieces!!! I argued the point with her and she called her manager, "Chris". She asked him if it was two items or two per type. He responded, "Two... PERIOD."

She told me that she was sorry and that I could only get two different toys and that was it. I told the cashier to ring up the accessory sets... since I was finally finished looking for them. She told me, "That's the policy, sorry!"

My retort was, "Well... apparently you are the only ones interpreting your signwork that way since none of the Targets are stuck with so much stale inventory!!!" I grabbed my bag, left, came home and told Drew about this... hoping to catch him early enough that he could get the new figures himself.

Okay... I'm better now... I just had to vent! Thanks!!! :D

Paul-Kenobi
08-08-2002, 10:51 PM
well that sucks well thats Ohio for ya. No offence but I find it dumb that you can only buy two star wars toys perioid.

Exhaust Port
08-08-2002, 10:56 PM
I've never encountered that policy at any of the OH Targets I've visited. Those employees have been drinking too much from the Cuyahoga.

rynobot
08-08-2002, 11:06 PM
talk about commies. :rolleyes:

rynobot
08-08-2002, 11:11 PM
Captain are you all right? I'm serious, because that last post came sraight out of left field. :)

2-1B
08-09-2002, 03:04 AM
I've heard stories about Target misinterpreting the "two only" rule before, and every time it makes me wonder if these fools understand what their store is there for. Why don't they limit you to 2 pieces of clothing? Not duplicates, I mean literally 2 pieces ?
"Uhh, sorry sir you have 1 shirt and a pair of pants, you'll have to put those shorts back so our other customers have a chance too." :rolleyes:

Toys + JP's wallet = profit

LTBasker
08-09-2002, 04:12 AM
Man that sucks, I would've just put the accessory sets in the car and then gone back through with the deluxe sets. ;) I know if it had been me, I would've told them to call the corporate office or bugger off! :happy:

Beast
08-09-2002, 04:12 AM
Ugh, sorry to hear about that JP. I like the 2 rule, when it's properly enforced, because it allows everyone to get stuff, and discourages scalpers. But saying that the rule means no more then 2 total of Star Wars stuff, is just about the stupidest thing that I have ever heard in my life. If I were you, I would place a nice call to the head Target office, and lodge a complaint against that store manager. :mad: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
08-09-2002, 07:51 AM
See... that's the point. None of the other Targets in the whole metro area interpret the policy in that mannner. They interpret it as no "more than two of EACH ITEM" not "more than two of each brand" I've never had this problem elsewhere. Hell, Drew's wife picked up all four accessory sets a week ago at the Parma Target and had no issues. Stupid people.

Jedi Drew
08-09-2002, 09:12 AM
I can't figure out that Target that JEDIpartnr went to??? Like he said my wife picked up all 4 of the sets and she had no problem-like the rest of you that have found them. Well, thanks for trying to get me the new C3-P0 and Yoda :cool: :cool: . I WOULD call or E-Mail the Target corp. office about that "TOOL" manager :eek: :eek: . HH

icatch9
08-09-2002, 09:50 AM
You need to complain. It works. My fiance' got a mgr fired from Office Max for similar misunderstanding of purchase rights. Plus, my finace' workds at Target and this is not a rule, and I don't even think it's posted (at least at her target). Sure I live in IL and you live in OH, but Target is Target in any state. A call to corperate or even going in there and talking with the MGR again would do something. You could even say that you'll never buy another Star Wars figure from Target again because WM is cheaper and they don't limit you to two. Whith that stupid rule, what on Earth is going to happen at X Mas? So, kids will only be able to get two Star Wars figures for X Mas? Clearly you handled yourself well in that sitiuation, but I would of went off the deep end. I'd of made such a scene that the whole store would of been aware of the situation. I'm normally a mild mannored guy, but that would of set me off!

Exhaust Port
08-09-2002, 10:13 AM
My local Targets in OH have the "2 to a person" rule posted. I've never been stopped from buying 2+ SW seperate items and I've never tried to buy 2+ of the same SW to see if they actually inforce the policy.

icatch9
08-09-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Capitan_Moroni
Well Bart, I never liked your dog anyways. Remember that time that he ate all my goldfish, and then he said I never had any goldfish in the firstplace? Why did I have the bowl Bart? Why did I have the bowl??

Milhouse is funny, but what on Earth does that have to do with Target and thier dumb policies?

Beast
08-09-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by icatch9
Milhouse is funny, but what on Earth does that have to do with Target and thier dumb policies?
I think Capitan_Moroni has been smoking the special peace pipe lately. Because his post makes me ask the very same question. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
08-09-2002, 07:33 PM
Capitan_Moroni, please stay on topic with the thread, before the Mods need to get involved. If you want to start some "Favorite Simpson's Quotes" thread in General discussion, I think it would be more appreciated. ;) :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Capitan_Moroni
08-09-2002, 07:38 PM
Eh...your probly right. I dont want to turn into another scourge on these boards like Deadeye or SithNinja or somthing :rolleyes: ;)

Dar' Argol
08-09-2002, 08:09 PM
Captain_Moroni, those very off the wall posts have been deleted and if you really want them back, PM me. Try in the future to keep some sembaliance(sp) of the thread in mind when you post.

BTW, how far out in left feild were you???:D

rynobot
08-09-2002, 09:09 PM
hes probably on the warning track. :)

QLD
08-10-2002, 12:05 PM
That is lame. But having worked in retail management before, I am not surprised. Most managers are left hanging in the wind with policy, with no clear cut definitions. SO, they are left to their own moronic readings of said policies. I would definately report it though.

rynobot
08-10-2002, 01:17 PM
torch it, that would teach that ingnorant Target Manager a lesson, he'd be looking for another $10/hr job.:)

TylerD
08-13-2002, 01:18 AM
So did you call the regional headquarters? What happened?

JEDIpartner
08-19-2002, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure that I am going to do much of anything with that sad store. There is another Target at which I will shop. I'm glad I threw this up on the boards 'cos I was wondering if any of the other Targets were using that sort of "logic" with the so-called "collectible" toys.

hango fett
08-19-2002, 07:03 PM
hey! we found all 4 of the action fleet at a target in huber heights, ohio! we had no trouble! or was it just for 2 diffrent types of toys?????
??? ah...ok...good thing we didn't find anything else, huh? that's why i like WM and meijer alot better......
h