PDA

View Full Version : Teaser Trailer will be out in November.

Co Jo-Da
10-18-2001, 01:39 AM
TheForce.Net reports THREE (POSSIBILY DIFFERENT) Teaser Trailers. Check it out:

Trailer A: Monsters, Inc. - There is a trailer with Monsters, Inc. Your spies thus far have hit this right on the head. Look for this on the release date, the first few days of November However, it is the short teaser trailer, which shows some great stuff but is just the beginning.

Trailer B: Internet Download - There is a second trailer that will be available for download starting November 9th. We're not sure if it will be just with the DVD-ROM but we do know that that is true, at least initially. I would expect the full site to get it next though, so they can break the record download numbers. This is the favorite of the trailers so far amongst people that know.

Trailer C: Harry Potter - This is the long form trailer, and will premiere attached to Harry Potter. Why not capture the audience that fits perfectly the demographic that Lucasfilm is targeting this Thanksgiving. Also, since ILM did much of the work in HP, it only makes sense to showcase more of their amazing work. November 16th here in the US, no idea of the international schedule.

I JUST CAN'T WAIT...

master jedi
10-18-2001, 05:18 PM
Wait a second...You mean I actually have to go see Harry Potter to see the 3rd trailer? Man, that sucks.

Co Jo-Da
10-19-2001, 02:38 AM
It's a good thing my neighbor has kids, so I can justify going to these movies but well worth it...

evenflow
10-19-2001, 08:40 AM
Cool, but that totally sucks. Now i have to go se 2 movies I would have never seen. :(

ThomasLane
10-19-2001, 11:18 AM
I'm sure all these trailers will be all over the Internet a few hours after they start playing. Just be patient. As for the movies, Harry Potter looks pretty stupid, but I think Monsters Inc. looks pretty cool. Kind of "Toy Story"-ish.

El Chuxter
10-19-2001, 02:59 PM
I seriously doubt these will be the only movies they're shown with, though both make perfect sense. I'll be seeing Monsters Inc--no question about that. Harry Potter, though. . . . I think I'll call the theater and find out what other movies they're showing that trailer with. :)

Co Jo-Da
10-20-2001, 02:20 AM
I'm looking forward to Monsters, Inc but Harry Potter I think I'll pass on.

evenflow
10-20-2001, 01:05 PM
I am going to be calling the theaters too, find out if they are showing them, then beg to let me in to just see the trailers and leave. ;) I just hope it works.

Co Jo-Da
10-20-2001, 10:53 PM
Man, that's a good idea...let me know if it works?

GNT
10-21-2001, 12:43 AM
Monsters, Inc looks like a good/funny film to see,so its a 2 in one special :)

Co Jo-Da
10-22-2001, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by GNT
Monsters, Inc looks like a good/funny film to see,so its a 2 in one special :)

That's 100% right on...

Eternal Padawan
10-22-2001, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
I am going to be calling the theaters too, find out if they are showing them, then beg to let me in to just see the trailers and leave. ;) I just hope it works.

As a theatre employee, the answer is NO.

What's all this Harry Potter/Monsters Inc. backlash? Monsters Inc is a Pixar film which can only mean good things. And have you even read a Harry Potter book? Both of these films will be extremely entertaining. Don't knock it 'til you tried it...

Co Jo-Da
10-24-2001, 04:06 PM
Episode II: Attack Of The Clones Trailor has been confirmed by George Lucas himself. It will show at ALL Monsters INC. movies by Pixar. Lucas, has decided to link his Episode II Trailor to Pixars movies at all movie theatres, which will show in 2 weeks. get your tickets now. I know I will be there!

Now we know for sure...

ThomasLane
10-29-2001, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
What's all this Harry Potter/Monsters Inc. backlash? Monsters Inc is a Pixar film which can only mean good things. And have you even read a Harry Potter book? Both of these films will be extremely entertaining. Don't knock it 'til you tried it...
Actually, I tried the first 50 pages of the first Harry Potter book, but it just didn't interest me. A little too "4th grade-ish" for my tastes. Maybe I'll have to try reading it to my kids. The Harry Potter trailers haven't done much to get me interested either.

Eternal Padawan
10-29-2001, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ThomasLane

Actually, I tried the first 50 pages of the first Harry Potter book, but it just didn't interest me. A little too "4th grade-ish" for my tastes. Maybe I'll have to try reading it to my kids. The Harry Potter trailers haven't done much to get me interested either.

Okaaaay...I guess ThomasLane has a semi legitimate excuse (kind of like watching the first 15 minutes of Star Wars and then saying I don't much like the trilogy, but whatever) At least he's tried to read the book. What's the rest of your excuses? Chuxter? mj? CJD? Have you read Harry Potter? I'll try to give you a Star Wars related analogy. Imagine two powerful Jedi have an infant son. One night, Darth Vader shows up and gets into a powerful fight with them, killing them both. Vader then turns to destroy the infant son, but the child survives the attack and Vader is destroyed/dissappears. Then the child is sent to live with it's non-Jedi aunt and uncle, who treat him like crap for 11 years. One day, the young boy recieves a letter to train with the Jedi at the academy. He has become the stuff of legend because everybody knows he is the boy who survived/defeated Vader. Yet he has no idea of his heritage and has to deal with being a celebrity and possibly the most powerful Jedi of all without knowing any Jedi abilities.

SWAFMAN
10-30-2001, 11:57 AM
story about monsters, inc. having SW trailer included.... (http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/nm/20011030/en/film-trailers_1.html)

According to this story, the SW trailer is being printed directly on to the front of the Monsters, Inc film, so you shouldn't have to worry about checking to see if the theatre is going to include it. If they're showing Monsters, Inc then they are pretty much definitely showing the trailer.

Co Jo-Da
11-01-2001, 05:34 PM
With Monsters, Inc. opening tomorrow, I just wanted to say that "I HAVE MY TICKETS AND CAN'T TO SEE THE REAL TEASER." I hope every else is as excited as me;) .

Eternal Padawan
11-01-2001, 07:10 PM
I am definitely excitied. I get to see it again in 5 hours...:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Co Jo-Da
11-01-2001, 11:54 PM
Luck you...Please let us know what you think and see. Tee minus 23 hours to go.

Co Jo-Da
11-07-2001, 02:20 AM
Well Harry Potter will have a trailer on it, so here we go again...