PDA

View Full Version : American Pie III

El Chuxter
08-09-2002, 03:08 PM
Eugene Levy, Jason Biggs, Alysson Hannigan, and someone else have signed on for American Pie 3. Normally this would not warrant a thread, but I have to pose the question:

WHY?

Here's what I imagine the people who signed on had to say:

Levy: "I was huge once. Well, I coulda been. I was on SCTV! But Moranis and Candy, they took the glory! This is my one big hit, and, brother, I'm milking it for all it's worth!"

Biggs: "I'm so typecast, I'll never have a career. Might as well get money for bus fare."

Hannigan: "Wooooooo, pretty caterpillar! I ate a cheese doodle once, and it said to me, 'Alysson, baby, you need to focus on the hypotenuse.' I didn't know what that meant, so I hailed a cab and mooned the driver."

Other Guy: "Hey, you don't even remember who I am, so I don't have to talk to you, jerk."

But in all seriousness, WHY?

Jonna
08-09-2002, 03:30 PM
I think I am going to vomit until I throw up!

bigbarada
08-09-2002, 04:02 PM
Holy crap! Why indeed?

I would rather watch the Battlefield Earth sequel than another one of these movies.:eek:

Beast
08-09-2002, 04:05 PM
Geez, I think I will go soak my head in the toilet. I think I could come up with a better idea for a sequel in there, then another American Pie movie. I think I'm going to be ill. I'm sick of all these dumb teen movies. Atleast the movies that were made for teens in the 70's, 80's, and early 90's had some redeeming qualities. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
08-09-2002, 06:00 PM
What! Nobody liked American Pies one and two; I was hoping for three, four five etc. With a lot more pie to go along with the movie.:) :D

Vortex
08-09-2002, 06:47 PM
I heard that too last night or a few nights ago on the news. And I too ask myself why. The second one was so thin in the story and I think I only laughed once when the kid was walking on the porch roof with his hand down his pants and the tape stuck to his hand.

We had our 80's movies that were totally mental which turned out sequal after sequal or movies with the same story line...meatballs, any movie with John Cusack, naked guns, 3 men and a baby, all those horror movies like house, poltergeist, freddy, jason. And now most of these are the "cult" films. Utterly stupid but still loved and watched.

American Pie is going to be the next generation cult movie, just like austin powers, harry potter, and l.o.t.r.

Speaking of Austin...the two times I went to the movie I was amazed to see so many little kids (12-15) who there by themselves. I had 2 sitting in front of me, who's heads barely cleared the head rest and I don't think they laughed once. I think they were just there cause it was a "cool" thing to do. Didn't get the jokes, didn't see all the old bond refernces, get the jokes, but went cause it was the cool thing to do. Makes you wonder how that generation is gonna turn out.

Lman316
08-09-2002, 07:25 PM
*Shakes head and slowly backs out of the room*

Oh, End. Please END!

QLD
08-10-2002, 03:01 AM
Well, I loved American Pie.

And I was all set for American Pie 2 to suck. But it didn't. I thought it was almost as good as the original. Now the idea of ANOTHER sequel is pushing it I think, but who knows, it may end up OK. And I can already tell it will be better than Blue Crush

2-1B
08-10-2002, 03:22 AM
Meh, I'll watch it and probably have several laughs. :)
Shame on you B for the extreme Battlefield Earth comparison. ;)
:D

Eugene Levy's allegedly involved in the new Christopher Guest project, so he'll redeem himself there. :)

Hey Chux, are you sure this movie deserves the roman numerals you used in the thread title? :D

Pendo
08-10-2002, 06:05 AM
Sky Movies Active (a British interactive movie news thing) had an exclusive article about American Pie III. It said Hugh Grant was going to be in it as Jim's mum and dad's sex councilor as they are trying to spice up their sex life. Also one of the lads will be getting married, but up to now none of the original girls from Pie 1 and 2 have signed up for 3.

I will probably go and see it and will judge then if wanted a 3rd or not. I'm not sure what other funny stuff they could have, you've got sex with a pie and superglue on a :sur:!! Anyway...:confused:

PENDO!

Eternal Padawan
08-10-2002, 12:09 PM
Why indeed.

I think it has something to do with the grosses on the last two films. Those wacky studio heads here "ka-ching!" when someone says American Pie. Of course, they also heard "ka-ching!' when someone said Batman and we all suffered Batman & Robin because of it.

It's the same reason we had to endure Hannibal and a Planet of the Apes remake. And MIIB. and Stuart Little 2. And the new Spy Kids movie. And the Fast and the Furious sequel (but that's a different thread...)

ROLLO!

El Chuxter
08-10-2002, 09:44 PM
Hey, I never said I didn't like the first one. It's one of the funniest films of the 90s, IMHO. But the second, I had no desire to see. Everyone tells me it's a typical "trying too hard to match the first" sequel that shouldn't have been made. And the preview told me I didn't want to see it--it completely ruins Jim and Michelle's prom night encounter for them to ever see each other again. And I especially didn't want to actually see the band camp.

Besides, how could they ever match, "What's my name? SAY MY NAME, *****!!" :D

JON9000
08-10-2002, 10:00 PM
Good for you Chuck. It was truly awful. I wish I had never seen it.

scruffziller
08-11-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by brandon
What! Nobody liked American Pies one and two; I was hoping for three, four five etc. With a lot more pie to go along with the movie.:) :D

Amen, you said it.

LTBasker
08-11-2002, 10:18 PM
Let

It

DIE.

Pllleeeeeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeeeee??? :cry:

:happy:

jjreason
08-12-2002, 12:16 AM
Sadly, Ill be there close to opening night. I can't get enough Stiffler. Oh, wait. Stiffler hasn't signed yet? Okay, maybe I will be able to resist......naaah. Besides, the old lady will want to go. Im all set for a "Spy Who Shagged Me" let down - and the movie hasn't even begun to shoot yet. Oh well, kiss 10 bucks goodbye.

Pendo
08-12-2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by jjreason
I can't get enough Stiffler. Oh, wait. Stiffler hasn't signed yet?

Actually Seann William Scott (Stiffler) has signed so he WILL be in it. Also Jason Biggs (Jim), Chris Klein (Oz) and Eugene Levy (Jim's Dad) have signed to return.

PENDO!

RooJay
08-12-2002, 09:02 PM
I loved both of the first two, but enough is enough!

Jayspawn
08-13-2002, 01:26 AM
Oh my gosh, I'm rolling my eyes.

QLD
08-13-2002, 04:16 AM
I can live withou the chicks anyway. Well, I wouldn't mind the band camp chick, and the red headed chick .I knew her name but I forgot it. Anyway, I think she's pretty cool.

2-1B
08-13-2002, 04:41 AM
Natasha Lyonne played Tara Reid's buddy, I think that's who you are referring to. Sure, I wouldn't mind her return. Tara Reid I could probably do without, at first the "smoker's throat" was kinda cool but now it's just irritating. I would have supported a return by Shannon Elizabeth, but they totally ruined her character by setting her up with the Shermanator when she should have ended up with Finch ! ! !

I love that Finch ! :D

hango fett
08-13-2002, 03:42 PM
i aggree, caesar. having sherman with nadia just made me want to scream WHAT! that was just wrong.......and finch is a great charater! at least finch got what he wanted again!!!!!
h

jonboy
08-13-2002, 03:53 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not another one!!! The first one was funny and the second was barely funny. A third is too much.

hango fett
08-13-2002, 09:14 PM
i think they are both equally funny, but i'm a teen, so i am the audience they targeted...
<<<<<<<<<<O>>>>>>>>>>

Pendo
04-21-2003, 08:18 AM
Here's the trailer for American Wedding:

http://www2.filmweb.no/trailer/article.jhtml?articleID=21057

:)

PENDO!

evenflow
04-21-2003, 09:01 AM
The second one sucked, and this one will suck even more.

Rogue II
04-21-2003, 09:05 AM
I refuse to click on that link.

scruffziller
04-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by brandon

AMEN!!!!

Just watched the trailer, looks absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!

RooJay
04-21-2003, 12:33 PM
Believe it or not, I actually had a chance to be in this one. The casting company I'm registered with needed extras for some beach scenes they were filming...bac in FEBRUARY!!!:stupid:
I imagine it could've actually been sunny that day where the filming was taking place, but I live in the SF Bay Area and am quite familiar with the beach the shooting was happening on. That beach is almost never warm (even in the summer), AND it was raining that day where I live so I assume it had to be at least foggy - they must have been wanting to film a rainy beach scene!:confused: It just didn't seem like a good time to me at all so I ended up passing.

Patient Zero
04-21-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I refuse to click on that link.

Agreed! Why did this thread have to come back up? Would you like to reopen the emotional wounds of when I was about 5 and was lost in the mall. Stop hurting me! :cry:

mm74md
04-21-2003, 02:24 PM
Come on people, don't you have a sense of humor? These movies are funny.

Patient Zero
04-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by mm74md
Come on people, don't you have a sense of humor?

None...none at all!

scruffziller
04-21-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
I was about 5 and was lost in the mall. Stop hurting me! :cry:

Hey that happened to me too!!!!:D

James Boba Fettfield
04-21-2003, 02:41 PM
These movies and shop vacs have a lot in common.

Rogue II
04-21-2003, 02:46 PM
You can find them in the hardware section?:crazed:

...ahem...anyway...

Yeah, he first film was ok, but I didn't find it as funny as most people...same goes for the sequel.

*walks away mumbling something about the Police Academy movies*

Jek Porky 2002
05-10-2003, 01:53 PM
I there a release date yet?

Jek Porky 2002
05-10-2003, 02:16 PM
I've just been ooking around on the net for any info on AP3, and found that it is out on August 1, and it's called American Wedding, which straight away made me relise they have gone too far.

Also, NO TARA RIED as Vicky, I don't like this at all.

mrmiller
05-12-2003, 09:24 AM
At least they got Stiffler back for this one. That way it will only be 1/2 as craptastic.

=MATT=

2-1B
02-01-2009, 04:46 PM
I watched American Wedding a few months ago and...it didn't hold up as well as the first time I saw it but it was still funny in parts.

I like the guy who played "the butler", that was funny. lol

Stifler: How much you bench?
Butler: How much you weigh?