PDA

View Full Version : LOTR The Two Towers figures

pthfnder89
08-09-2002, 02:30 PM
After seeing the Comic Con pics all I can say is wow! I loved the FOTR figures and it looks as though they're improving them throughout the line.

One thing I'm happy about is that there is not a single figure on their lists that I don't want to buy! Obviously that may change once I see them in person but so far they've made a great selection of characters to start off. The line is almost perfectly split between new characters, resculpts of a few originals, and generic army builders (and for anyone who hasn't read the book, the battle in The Two Towers will make the Battle of Geonosis look like childs play:D So those army builders will make me VERY happy)

The Sauron figure looks incredible as well; towering over all the other figures. I can't wait for these! Hopefully Toy Biz will have learned a lesson from the first line about how to distrivute properly and we won't see a 10 month gap in between waves :rolleyes:

ozzyfnosbourne
08-09-2002, 07:27 PM
personally i feel that the lord of the rings 1 was a major letdown and will not be going to see LOTR 2. my bro has the figs from the original movie, and they are extremely detailed and do look quite like the charecters though.

Jayspawn
08-13-2002, 12:21 AM
I think they look pretty cool. I really want to see a Gandalf the White figure.

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 08:53 AM
The figures are FANASTIC!
I love them all. Legolas and Gandalf the White will be my first TTT figures. I really want to see Gollum and Treebeard figures.

bigbarada
08-14-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by ozzyfnosbourne
personally i feel that the lord of the rings 1 was a major letdown and will not be going to see LOTR 2. my bro has the figs from the original movie, and they are extremely detailed and do look quite like the charecters though.

So why even reply?:rolleyes: This thread is not about how much you liked or disliked FOTR, or even about the figures from FOTR. So why waste all of our time with your misplaced opinion? Go to the Movies:Other section if you want to badmouth "LOTR 1.":stupid:

Anyways, these figures are great. Definitely a major improvement over the first waves of FOTR figures. I only picked and chose the figures I wanted last year, but this time I might have trouble controlling myself. Great detail and non-obtrusive gimmicks, excellent likenesses and a cool hefty size for each figure. I also love that many of them are generic army builders, that's the best part.

Lman316
08-14-2002, 04:21 PM
I was wondering if someone could possibly post some of the pictures here, or maybe post a link as to where I could view them.
I thought maybe SSG had a misc section for "Non-Star Wars" items from the Con, but I've yet to find it :p.

I, too, had my problems with the movie, but as BB said, this isn't the place for it. But I've always thought the figures looked really good and I'd like to take a look at the newest ones.

End...

Beast
08-14-2002, 04:28 PM
Try here, Lman316. It's the LOTR's version of SSG. I also included a link directly to the SDCC gallary of images. :)

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=lotrnews2.setup&category=lotr&topic=3&show_article=9

http://216.127.66.72/a/gallery/albun11

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lman316
08-14-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Try here, Lman316. It's the LOTR's version of SSG. I also included a link directly to the SDCC gallary of images. :)

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=lotrnews2.setup&category=lotr&topic=3&show_article=9

http://216.127.66.72/a/gallery/albun11

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks a lot, JarJar. I'll take a more involved look at those sites later - I saw a few pics of the figures and they look pretty good. But, like I said, I'll look through more later to get a better idea.
Thanks again :D.

End...

bigbarada
08-15-2002, 03:41 PM
Awesome pics! Thanks Jar Jar!:cool: I didn't know they were making a Sauron figure. That's too cool! Anyways, I wanted to pick up the Legolas figure that came with the first wave of FOTR figures; but seeing this new version, I'll wait and get him instead. The Beserker Orc is awesome too.:)

Geez, I'm going to have a hard time not collecting all of these figures, and I've already started boxing up all my Star Wars toys to make room for them.:happy: