PDA

View Full Version : Fate Of The Confederacy of Independent Systems

JonoFett
08-09-2002, 03:14 PM
What will become of the separatist movement led by Count Dooku? Will they be ousted from power, issued with warrants for their arrest and subsequent execution, or will Lucas ensure they leave the proceedings quietly?

They do after all wield alot of power, have huge wealth and financial dominance, and possess grand technological armies that rival the capabilities of the Republic.

Discuss...

Beast
08-09-2002, 03:23 PM
That's part of why Dooku is playing them against the Republic, which is being played by Sidious. Notice that all of the Sepratists are aliens, and weild alot of power. The Banking Clan, Trade Federation, Techno Union, etc.

Now with E2, they are pictured to be traitors to the Republic. They are spending all their money to support a bogus Sepratist movement. In the end, Palpatine used them all to get what he wants, and now he's done with them.

The Empire will brand them as traitors, they will be bankrupt, and Palpatine will come along and pick up the pieces of their companies and make them part of the new Empire. But I do see a bright future for what will come out of the Sepratists. :)

Once they realize that they were played for suckers, I see alot of them, and maybe even Nute Gunray himself actually setting asside his differences with Padme, and forming what will become the Rebellion. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Chewtobacco
08-09-2002, 04:02 PM
Of course since we don't know the exact storyline of Ep3, we don't know when the rebellion begins. 1 year after the formation of the Empire or 9 years after, or somewhere inbetween.

JarJar, I like your guess that Palpy will come along and pick up the pieces. The part i'm not buying into is that they'll somehow side with the rebellion. I believe that there will be much prosperity in the Techno Union, Banking Clan and Trade Federation once the Empire takes over. It's my opinion that they will be the builders of the death star, the imperial starships and cruisers.

If those three groups join the rebellion, you'd think that we would have seen at least some minor droid armies in battles at Yavin and Endor, plus you'd see some TU, BC and TF ships traveling along with the rebellion convoy at the end of ESB.

Beast
08-09-2002, 04:15 PM
Well, it likely won't be called the Rebellion in E3, but we may see the first movements twords it's formation. And remeber that the Techno Union commited all their Battle Droid's to Dooku, for the battle against the Republic. Same with the Trade Federation and the Banking Clan offered their Hellfire droids, etc.

Not to mention that all their funds are tied up with the Confederacy. If it fails and they find out they were played as suckers by Dooku who is working with Sidious/Palpatine, they will have an axe to grind with both of them. I just think it would be a nice twist, to have the people that were tricked, especially Nute Gunray be redeemed. :)

Also remember the info we have about IG-88, that all war droids are illegal, by order of the Empire. So manufacturing large numbers of Battle Droids would be difficult, if not impossible. And remember the Clone Wars ravage for about 4 years, between EII and EIII. That is going mean large losses on both sides, ships and troops. More for the CoIS, since we know who wins the war in the end. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JonoFett
08-09-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
That's part of why Dooku is playing them against the Republic, which is being played by Sidious. Notice that all of the Sepratists are aliens, and weild alot of power. The Banking Clan, Trade Federation, Techno Union, etc.

Now with E2, they are pictured to be traitors to the Republic. They are spending all their money to support a bogus Sepratist movement. In the end, Palpatine used them all to get what he wants, and now he's done with them.

The Empire will brand them as traitors, they will be bankrupt, and Palpatine will come along and pick up the pieces of their companies and make them part of the new Empire. But I do see a bright future for what will come out of the Sepratists. :)

Once they realize that they were played for suckers, I see alot of them, and maybe even Nute Gunray himself actually setting asside his differences with Padme, and forming what will become the Rebellion. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks But Dooku is also being played against the Republic by his own master no less.

It would seem that the Sith Lords are as much treacherous to others as they are to each other.

I suspect that once Anakin turns to the Darkside, Palpatine, after declaring himself Emperor, will reveal his shadowy past as being a Sith Lord, much to the dismay of the remaining Jedi council members who were powerless to use the force effectively.

Dooku's revelation to Obi-Wan during his imprisonment on Geonosis in which he told of a Sith Lord ruling the Republic, and the betrayal of Viceroy Gunray by Darth Sidious, will no doubt return to haunt Dooku.

If Dooku knows that the Republic is under the control of a Sith Lord, namely Darth Sidious, then why doesn't he suspect his master as being the Chancellor-elect?

If there is the slightest inclination on Dooku's part, and I'm sure there must be, surely it is right to presume that the clone wars were orchestrated by both Dooku & Palpatine so as to force the passing of the Military Creation Act through the Senate, thus making the Jedi Order virtually obsolete.

Once supremacy has been achieved upon the conclusion to the clone wars, betrayal by the master will follow leading to a conflict between Skywalker & Dooku for the seat at Palpatine's side.

Just an idea. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-09-2002, 06:03 PM
Dooku knows that he is "fighting" his master - it's just a way to get Clones, or Stormies, to enforce Palpatine's rule - I think.

Beast
08-09-2002, 06:09 PM
Yeah, Dooku knows exactly what is going on. He was playing shocked infront of the CoIS so that they don't catch on. He also told Obi-Wan what he did, so that he would take it back to the Jedi Council. Remember that Mace and Obi-Wan were talking about keeping a closer eye on the senate.

That's going to bite them in the butt, cause not only are they going to get blamed for ordering the Clones without the Senate's approval, they are also gonna likely get accused of spying on the Senate. And the fact that they are really doing that, will prove the accusations as true. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks