PDA

View Full Version : Green Clone Trooper

Jek Porky 2002
08-09-2002, 03:53 PM
I know that we're still waiting for the Pilot Clone to come out, but who would like to see a green Clone afterwoods, nobody ever seems to talk about them, but I think they look cool!

Also can someone tell me the Clone ranks, I can't always remember?

These are the ones I know:

White: Infantry
Yellow: Pilot
I know there are two types of yellow Clone, but I don't know what one of them is
Red: Don't Know
Green: Don't know

Can someone help?

JangoFeet
08-09-2002, 04:39 PM
Just saw this in the new SW Insider...
Yellow: Commander
Red: Captain
Green: Sergeant
Blue: Lieutenant
I don't see any mention of two types of yellow though...

KingOfSting
08-09-2002, 04:50 PM
jangofeet, the two types of yellow clones are pilot and commander...and yes id love to see every rank of c.t. made including some more white ones

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-09-2002, 05:35 PM
Can't wait for the deluxe Clone!!!

Capitan_Moroni
08-10-2002, 12:50 AM
anyone have a pic of the green and blue clones? I dont remember seeing in the movie?

General Veers
08-10-2002, 01:03 AM
I dont think that Hasbro will make green/blue clones anytime soon, because we have the clone with speederbike and the Yellow clone pilot coming out. I would gladly welcome them in 2003 or 2004 though!;)

bigbarada
08-10-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by JangoFeet
Just saw this in the new SW Insider...
Yellow: Commander
Red: Captain
Green: Sergeant
Blue: Lieutenant
I don't see any mention of two types of yellow though...

Those ranks are totally bogus based on what we saw in the film. If the Green Clones were Sergeants then there should have been at least one of them for every five White Clones. I only saw Yellow and Red actually on the Battlefield (along with the multitude of White). The Green and Blue should have been almost as common as the White grunts (1 Green for 5 Whites, 1 Blue for 40 Whites), with the occasional Red and the scarce Yellow.

I think whoever came up with that has no concept of military rank structure and just pulled something out of his :eek:

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 07:48 AM
I've never seen any blue white ones, but you can see at least one green one when the Clones are collecting thier helmets of that convier belt inthe Clone Centre, but they are not the green I expected, they are a light, yellowie green, the only word I can think of to describe them is a tropical green.

Darth forb1us
08-10-2002, 08:04 AM
White is grunt
Red is sergeant
Yellow is pilot and commander
Blue and green are gunners?

Yellow Clone trooper.
- pilot, on his helmet is a star/snowflake-esque emblem.
- commander, is w/o this

Blue and Green Clone Trooper.

In the movie, when Yoda pipes up (at the forward command)
"concentrate all your fire on the nearest starship"
and it switches to the biggun view as they fire on "sector 515"
Is there not a green trooper manning the controls? and when the ship comes down, it shows a view of outside, looking in - the control room: through the glass. A blue trooper?

HOLY! hmmmmm *just noticed this*
anyone else has downloaded the movie? for referances (after seeing it in the theatre of course)
When Dooku takes off from the hanger, then the ravine(sp?) chase begins look back to when he leaves the hangar.. The foreground, after he takes off.. It looks like Darth Vader! I've played it back and forth 10 times, it looks like Vader :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 08:22 AM
I've not seen it myself, but it's been brought up on here a few times, it's a white Vader suit, but it's slightly different, maybe it's a clue, maybe Vader's suit is based on these.

Jargo
08-10-2002, 08:23 AM
The yellow clonetrooper can be seen in the staging platform scene on Coruscant. Just the regular armor with yellow markings same as the red and blue and green clonetrooper armor. The only different armor is the pilot with his different helmet and chest control box.

green and blue and ordinary yellow clonetropers can be seen on Kamino collecting their helmets. (There are threads in the movies section that talk about all of this)

I don't really care what rank they are, I'd just like to see all the color variants made and done with the pilot clonetrooper body and removable helmets with the articulation from the red clonetrooper. Plus the plain white grunt made the same way of course. :)

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Darth forb1us
Yellow Clone trooper.
- pilot, on his helmet is a star/snowflake-esque emblem.

That is the future Imperial Symbol, it can also be seen on Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter.

Anyway back onto the actual subject of figures, before this get's shut down or moved!

bigbarada
08-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Here's what Hasbro should do to solve this Clonetrooper dilema:

Make one well-articulated (12 points minimum), neutral-posed Clonetrooper and pack him four per case (1 white, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 green) with a red one available through the Fan Club (or maybe even bring back the mail-away, the idea is to have a standard Clonetrooper body superior to the current red one and make every version available at once, the only reason the red one is offered as an exclusive is because most of us have had our fill of that version). Hasbro did it with the Ep1 Battle Droids, why not with the Clonetroopers?

mylow thehutt
08-10-2002, 04:00 PM
I heard were getting an all wight one later this year.

Darth forb1us
08-10-2002, 04:04 PM
yes, yes. Was keeping it simple so that all forum readers could keep up with the conversation. As I'm sure there are many people who want to set up a clone battle diorama, and are following the threads to see about the differant figures
*raises his hand* *looks to see where Tycho is* :p

DarthBrandon
08-12-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada

Make one well-articulated (12 points minimum), neutral-posed Clonetrooper and pack him four per case (1 white, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 green) with a red one available through the Fan Club (or maybe even bring back the mail-away, the idea is to have a standard Clonetrooper body superior to the current red one and make every version available at once, the only reason the red one is offered as an exclusive is because most of us have had our fill of that version). Hasbro did it with the Ep1 Battle Droids, why not with the Clonetroopers?

I like your idea BigB, but I think the best idea would be two packs with two different colors per pack. A green and a Blue, a Red and a White. The yellow is technically coming out later on, so we don't need to do that one again, or the Red for that matter.:D

Beast
08-12-2002, 05:29 AM
Brandon, the basic Yellow Commander is different from the Yellow Pilot. The yellow pilot has no helmet fin, has the republic symbol on his helmet, a chest box, and yellow only on his helmet. The yellow commander has a helmet fin, no symbol, no chest box, and the yellow markings run down his arms, just like the red trooper. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
08-12-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Brandon, the basic Yellow Commander is different from the Yellow Pilot. The yellow pilot has no helmet fin, has the republic symbol on his helmet, a chest box, and yellow only on his helmet. The yellow commander has a helmet fin, no symbol, no chest box, and the yellow markings run down his arms, just like the red trooper. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The helmets are also different, the Clone Pilot has a regular CT helmet face plate, but the design of the helmet is different.

Originally posted by bigbarada

I agree, although the 4 Clone Troopers should be packed at 2 per case so that if people wanted to get 2 of each, then they could order a case online and then buy up extras offline or online also and there wouldn't be much a short pack problem. The white Clone could also use 1-2 more in the case packing though since it's the one most needed for army building. That leaves about 2-4 spaces for other figures to be packed in, possibly some extra Yoda and Dookus or other HTF figures?

DarthBrandon
08-12-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yes JarJarBinks, that's why I said technically, I know the Commander looks more like the Red Clone Trooper and the Pilot looks more like a Tie Pilot or a less buffed up AT-AT driver.:)
Originally posted by LtBasker
I agree, although the 4 Clone Troopers should be packed at 2 per case so that if people wanted to get 2 of each, then they could order a case online and then buy up extras offline or online also and there wouldn't be much a short pack problem. The white Clone could also use 1-2 more in the case packing though since it's the one most needed for army building. That leaves about 2-4 spaces for other figures to be packed in, possibly some extra Yoda and Dookus or other HTF figures?

How about a 4 pack of White Clone Troopers and the rest in two packs, Green, Blue, Red and Yellow. We don't really need Pilots as they are coming out in at the end of the year. If someone wants a Pilot two pack, then put a Pilot and a Clone Trooper in red jammies with removable armour as a two pack.:)