PDA

View Full Version : AOTC "Trimmed" Scenes

Jek Porky 2002
08-09-2002, 04:05 PM
I thought that I'd start a thread about the trimmed scenes on Episode II, being as we're not going to see them on the DVD we might aswell talk about what might have been, so what things were trimmed, all I know is:

Droid Ship Raid
Dooku Using Anakin's Lightsaber
Anakin Striking At Obi-Wan In The Hanger

What else?

Jedi Clint
08-09-2002, 04:40 PM
Where did you hear that Anakin struck at Obi Wan?

2-1B
08-10-2002, 03:11 AM
Uh, I think that was a rumor from several years ago - allegedly Anakin got confused and starting switching sides. I don't think it was filmed. :D

Here are a few:

+Jar Jar hugging Anakin
+Bail Organa's dialogue from the Clone War trailer

Beast
08-10-2002, 03:30 AM
This trim took place during the Dooku/Yoda lightsaber battle, though since it was CGI, it probably was never fully completed. After Dooku used 2 lightsabers against Yoda, and then lost one. Yoda jumps on Dooku's head near the end of the battle and prepared to deliver a killing blow thru the top of his skull. That's when Dooku dropped the pillar on Anakin and Obi-Wan which made Yoda have to stay his hand, and hop off to focus his concentration on the pillar so that it wouldn't crush them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
08-10-2002, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Droid Ship Raid

I don't think the Droid Ship Raid was a trimmed scene I thought it was a large scene!

Anakin slaughtering Tuskens was trimmed down and so was the Obi-Jango fight and Windu-Jango fight. Also Obi-Wan and Anakin not being let in the Outlander Club by bouncers was a trimmed scene.

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 08:06 AM
The droid ship raid was under a minute so I think that counts as trimmed.

I heard not long ago about Anakin striking at Obi-Wan, apparantly, when he is trying to show off his skills to Dooku and doesn't succeed, he swipes at Obi-Wan once in his confusion and distress, I thought that would have been good to keep in as it shows his split personality and confusion towards the force.

I also heard of the one with the bouncers, I think Anakin uses his mind powers on them and gets told off by Obi-Wan for abusing his powers.

Pendo
08-10-2002, 08:30 AM
The droid ship raid was under a minute so I think that counts as trimmed.

Thanx for the info Jek, I always thought it was a large complex scene cutting between that and the Battle of Geonosis. I thought it'd last for about 5 minutes or something :rolleyes:. Oh well I guess it'll have no chance of being on the DVD then. I actually won't mind it not being on if it only lasts no longer than a minute.

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 08:37 AM
It's quite a shame though isn't it, because some of the trimmed pieces look, well sound anyway, quite good, maybe just little snippits will be quietly reincorporated into the film, here's to hoping!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-10-2002, 12:53 PM
Also, in the trailer:
Ani: "I've heard this lesson before."
Obi: "You haven't learned anything, Anakin!"
It looks like they're outside the club when this happens.

Jedi Clint
08-10-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Uh, I think that was a rumor from several years ago - allegedly Anakin got confused and starting switching sides. I don't think it was filmed. :D

That's what I thought. I think Aldera was the website that claimed this scene had been filmed :rolleyes: The first time I read it, it set off my crap dector. It makes absolutely no sense for Anakin to attack Obi Wan at this point in the story, even if he is frustrated with the pace of his training.

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
Ani: "I've heard this lesson before."
Obi: "You haven't learned anything, Anakin!"
It looks like they're outside the club when this happens.

No, it's in the bus on Coruscant, just as they are about to get on the frieghter as refugees, you can see that Anakin is dressed in his Peasant Gear at this point.

Darth Marra 54
08-10-2002, 02:55 PM
The Library scene with Obi and Jocastas Nu was trimmed down from Nu explaining the origins of Dooku.

Jedi Clint
08-10-2002, 06:44 PM

No, it's in the bus on Coruscant, just as they are about to get on the frieghter as refugees, you can see that Anakin is dressed in his Peasant Gear at this point.

Jedi Clint
08-10-2002, 06:45 PM
.......and it's counterpart

2-1B
08-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Well done Clint, that's from one of the trailers so at least we'll have a snippet of it on the DVD.
I would classify it as an alternate scene since the current scene has such a different tone. Or maybe it is "trimmed" ?

Regardless, the pick up work on Obi-Wan is terrible, his beard looks way too fake compared to his real beard from the original scene.

:)

jedibear
08-11-2002, 12:44 AM
i agree JediClint....there's no way Anakin would've swung at Obi-Wan during that fight, especially when he force-jumps to Obi-Wan's rescue moments later. He may have harboured some resentment towards him by that point in the story, but not enough for that kind of flip-flop.

While I generally like watching delated scenes, there's only two I've heard about I wish would find their way back into the film sometime....the library/lost twenty scene (it adds to the anticipation of seeing Dooku) & the quick meeting between Dooku & Padme after she and Anakin are captured in the droid factory...even after multiple viewings, that quick cut to them in the wagon ready for the arena seems a little quick...and again, it heightens Dooku's entrance, the mask slipping away so to speak, in front of the audience...it also shows him being "a man of his word" to Gunray, adding to that twisted elegance Mr. Lee brought so well to the role....

Jedi Clint
08-11-2002, 02:05 AM
Thanks Caesar.

jedibear,

I believe there was a scene in the book that (from pictures I saw during production) had been filmed (or one similar to it) of Padme in the same conference room that we see the Confederacy meeting take place in. In the book I remember Jango was present, and Anakin went for his saber when Dooku threatened Padme verbally. Dooku had a great line in that scene - "You may cause a lot of bloodshed young one, but you will be destroyed." - or something the like. Padme told Anakin to stop and he withdrew. Loved that scene......wish it had been left in the flick. In the book, Dooku also appeared to Anakin and Padme when a mob of Geonosians parted to reveal him amongst them. That was another scene I was dissappointed not to see in the final cut.

jedibear
08-11-2002, 11:33 PM
JC...

well, here's hoping that when the saga is completed and Lucas can (& most likely will) go back and tweak the individual films some more to make them flow more like one whole long story, he'll add some of these scenes we've heard so much about. At that point he won't have to be concerned about running times like he was for theatrical releases and while he adds the rumoured-yet-to-be-filmed scenes to the classics, he'll mine some stuff for the prequels that he's already got filmed....
Time (& the force) will tell..... :)

Jedi Clint
08-12-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by jedibear
JC...

well, here's hoping that when the saga is completed and Lucas can (& most likely will) go back and tweak the individual films some more to make them flow more like one whole long story, he'll add some of these scenes we've heard so much about. At that point he won't have to be concerned about running times like he was for theatrical releases and while he adds the rumoured-yet-to-be-filmed scenes to the classics, he'll mine some stuff for the prequels that he's already got filmed....
Time (& the force) will tell..... :)

Right on. :) Of the 2 I mentioned, I would at least like to see the scene in the conference room. I don't think they filmed the other scene. In the novelization, Anakin and Padme enter into a seemingly empty and chillingly quiet city before they were surrounded by bugs. They pretty much completely revamped that entrance, so I doubt we get to see that sequence completed. In fact it may even decrease the possibility of seeing the conference room scenes as well because Anakin was reaching for his saber when Dooku enlightened him to the error of his ways ;). That saber was destroyed in the factory in the version that made it to film.

DeadEye
08-13-2002, 09:21 AM
What was Bail Organa's line from the trailer that was cut? IIRC the only thing he said in the trailer was, "We must stop them before they're ready," and I recall him having said that in the movie.

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 09:29 AM
Was the arena battle trimmed down?
I heard the Mace vs Jango fight was trimmed.
Is that true?

Pendo
08-13-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
Was the arena battle trimmed down?
I heard the Mace vs Jango fight was trimmed.
Is that true?

Yes the Arena battle and the Jango v Mace was trimmed down :(. Hopefully we'll see more of it restored to the film on the DVD!

PENDO!

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 09:38 AM
How was it trimmed?
More fighting?
I hope its on the dvd.

Jek Porky 2002
08-13-2002, 02:54 PM
I'm glad it was trimmed, the little bit I saw was boring enough, I lose concentration on those kind of scenes quite quikly!

jonboy
08-13-2002, 03:07 PM
I would love to see more of the Arena battle. Those are some of my favorite moments of the film. As for the other rumored scenes, I guess that we will see.

Geonosian
08-14-2002, 12:12 AM
What are the rumored scenes?