PDA

View Full Version : I'll see you in Hell

Imperial Monarche
08-09-2002, 06:19 PM
If Han tells one of the Taun Taun handlers, "Then I'll see you in Hell!" as he rides out of Echo Base, does that mean that there is a Heaven and Hell in the Star Wars universe?

Huckleberry Josh
08-09-2002, 09:12 PM
Sure is!

JediTricks
08-09-2002, 09:33 PM
In ANH, Uncle Owen says that if those droids on the south range aren't repaired by midday, there will be hell to pay. Perhaps "Hell" is merely a really crappy planet that has been touted as being so bad that it's become mythically thoguht of as the worst spot in the galaxy.

LTBasker
08-10-2002, 12:30 AM
Or it's just a cruel term for the afterlife, I'm sure they believe in the afterlife in SW, but probably not heaven or hell.

Exhaust Port
08-10-2002, 01:27 AM
I put my vote in for the "Hell = worst planet in the galaxy" theory. ;)

Pendo
08-10-2002, 05:54 AM
Does that mean the best planet in the galaxy is known as Heaven?

Almost everywhere has a religion and in most religions there is a Heaven and Hell so it doesn't seem that strange that they believe in them.

PENDO!

jjreason
08-10-2002, 08:55 AM
Yep - the afterlife. We HEAR the characters speaking in English, but they're speaking the "basic" language of the SW Universe, I believe. In basic there probably exists good and bad forms of afterlife - translated into English for us as Heaven and Hell.

Im not sure where I got this, by the way. I think when reading novelizations of the movies they describe the language Luke, Han, Leia et. al. use as "basic".

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 09:56 AM
It is officially known as basic.

Anyway I think Hell is actually a term for the after life for the people who don't believe in the force, or maybe they believe that if you are good you become one with the force and are at piece, but if you are bad you go to hell and suffer, but I definatly don't think it's a planet.

JON9000
08-10-2002, 08:39 PM
I have a feeling that the SW universe has a tremendous diversity of religion. Obviously, Corellians have a system that takes into account the afterlife, and the baddies definitely go downstairs. I doubt Han Solo is much of a believer in any religion (except the Force). He seems pretty skeptical by nature.

Vortex
08-11-2002, 02:36 AM
Well anakin asks padme if she's an angel. I'm sure there's some belief system in place.

DarthBrandon
08-11-2002, 02:55 AM
I don't know if there is a heaven or hell in Star Wars, I just think they are words that are used as expressions in the S.W. universe.

Pendo
08-11-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
Well anakin asks padme if she's an angel. I'm sure there's some belief system in place.

That's a good point which may support the worst and best planets in the system as Heaven and Hell. "They live on the moons of Iego."

But I'd still go with a religion.

PENDO!

hayden's_hunnie
08-11-2002, 01:47 PM
angel's live on the moons of diego, but i think heaven and hell, is just the sam eas in our day,

JEDIpartner
08-12-2002, 09:42 AM
Angels are from "Iago" not "Diego"...:p

Pendo
08-12-2002, 10:10 AM
I always thought it was Iego but never mind, we ALL knew what I meant :rolleyes:. Has anyone noticed that on the last level of Star Wars: Starfighter the fella in the merc ship says "You'll be singing with the Angels on Lago"? He say's Lago and not Iago, he must have thought the CAPITAL I was an L :rolleyes:. Anyway...

Back onto topic, I think Heaven and Hell is religions.

PENDO!

scruffziller
08-13-2002, 05:34 AM
From what it sounds like and I believe I have read this as well. THe "Angels" are suppose to be the SW version of the sirens that Homer encountered in the Odyysey.

darthvyn
08-17-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
From what it sounds like and I believe I have read this as well. THe "Angels" are suppose to be the SW version of the sirens that Homer encountered in the Odyysey.

yeah, that episode was funny! then homer goes, "mmmmm... sirens..."

wait, what? oh, the epic poem! my bad!

anyway, back to the topic at hand, i use the word hell all the time, and i'm not really religious - i think he was just being dramatic...