PDA

View Full Version : Whats The BEST POTJ Figure?

GNT
08-17-2001, 07:33 AM
Well there are many cool POTJ figures out there!

But which one is the Best? Detail? Weapons? Force File? etc

I kinda dig the new Rebel Fleet trooper and FX-7,Amanaman is pretty cool too!

Who is the best in your opinion?

OC47150
08-17-2001, 08:46 AM
I agree that the new Rebel Fleet Trooper is perhaps the coolest figure but I will hold final judgement until I get my hands on one.

For figures that are now in circulation, I have to say the biker scout is my favorite.

GNT
08-17-2001, 08:52 AM
Would that be Clean or Dirty scout? Even though they are the same?

evenflow
08-17-2001, 08:54 AM
With all these new and amazing figures to be released, it is a tough choice. Therefore, from what has been released already i waill have to say the Chewy Mechanic. I think it is great that he is actually in scale. Awesome figure in my eyes.

OC47150
08-17-2001, 09:29 AM
The dirty scout is the only one I own. I never saw the clean scout in stores in my area. Actually, I only heard of one report of him in my area and that was at a local flea market/peddlers mall.

Mechanic Chewy is another good one. Finally a Chewy to scale! He's in my carbon freezing chamber diorama I'm working on, with 3PO on his back! I took the game board Chewy and placed him in my Death Star escape diorama. It took a bit to move his arms around but he can hold a large rifle just nicely.

QLD
08-17-2001, 09:45 AM
Mechanic Chewy is awesome, but he pales in comparison to Bespin Lando!!!!!!!

That Lando figure freakin' rocks!

OC47150
08-17-2001, 09:48 AM
He's very cool but I don't care much for Bespin Lando's pose. He's hard to place in my carbon freezing chamber diorama.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-17-2001, 11:01 AM
It's really hard to choose from, but I think I'll go for the Aurra Sing figure. Although the articulation has some shortcomings it has a good sculpt. I'm also a sucker for the built in holster (which makes the Bespin Han Solo a close second).

However, I think she'll be swiftly dethroned once the Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officer are released. Talk about some great sculpting!

Sith Worm
08-17-2001, 12:43 PM
Amanaman is going to be the coolest! They didn't pull any punches they made him look just like he did in the movie even with those funky webbed looking feet of his! Love the skull and bones. Could have done without another Crumb or maybe a diffrent sculpt insted of the same one that was released with Oola!

Present I would have to say...
...Plo is sweet, Chewie is awsome, Duros is hard to top, but i'm gonna go with Tessek. He is just to cool. After all of those years loving the vintage and when they redo him he looks even better go Hasbro!:D

DahrJin
08-17-2001, 01:03 PM
Best POTJ figure, well that, for me, would be Dagobah Vader pending the release of Vader Emperors Wrath for comparrioson that is.:p

bigbarada
08-17-2001, 01:49 PM
I would have to say Chewie Mechanic. I bought like six of them: one for my Bespin escape group (BTW he looks coolest with the pull apart Threepio on his back and Leia's spare blaster.), one to replace the crappy Mynock hunt figure (which is where one of my POTJ Hans is also, and yes the mask fits), one for my Cantina set-up, one with my Falcon (the only time I actually use the accesories he came with.) and some extras in case I come up with a cool display idea.

Next to him I would say Bespin capture Han, Duro, Lando and Bespin escape Leia.

As for upcoming fugures, I'm really looking forward to Luke X-wing, Han Death Star escape, FX-7, Luke Bacta, Amanaman, and the Imperial Officer.

Oh yeah and Ephant Mon. :D :D :D

pthfnder89
08-17-2001, 02:09 PM
For me Plo Koon is just friggin awesome. He has such a simple pose that you can pose him standing calmly and then pose him in the middle of a fight with only a few adjustments. To me, this is the *only* Jedi figure that Hasbro has gotten totally right. (the Naboo Obi and Qui Gons were pretty close too)

On the other hand, the new Bespin guard is just great. I can't believe how lame many of the main characters are when Hasbro did such a bangup job on this guy.

Dagobah Vader is a close runnerup, but mine gets points deducted because his head just won't stay on...:(

PloKoon2385
08-17-2001, 06:11 PM
The only one for me is: Jedi Master Plo Koon! He is awesome! His sculpt, lightsaber, and detail is great! The only thing wrong with him is the closed robe. I have my own website devoted to him at: http://www.plokoonsdomain.friendpages.com

matt_ox
08-17-2001, 07:11 PM
I would say that anything rescupted from the power of the force line is awesome. Chewie Mechanic, leia escape, lando, bespin capture han are all great.

the master jedi
08-17-2001, 09:23 PM
I love the Obi-Wan Kenobi in cold weather gear the best. Dang this figure is awesome. I'll take as many as I can get.

humsup
08-17-2001, 09:31 PM
I will be voting for Jek Porkins. Now Sandtrooper is out which I'm so head over heels about, its still Porkins :)

Starfig873
08-17-2001, 09:34 PM
Hmm...I'd have to say the Bespin Guard cause I like how all his stuff can be placed on him. Plus his detail is amazing.

Next is Qui-Gon Ginn Jedi Training. I love this figure because of that neat black suit hes wearing. ;)

GNT
08-17-2001, 11:07 PM
After seeing the new pictures of Eeth Hoth and FX-7 im very impressed with them,could they be the best?

PloKoon2385
08-18-2001, 12:11 AM
PLO KOON! ONLY PLO KOON! ARG ARG ARG! I AM A PIRATE........eh hem...uhh......where am I......who am I.....when am I? *shakes head* Oh yes, you are all WRONG. There is only ONE best and it is: PLO KOON!!!!!!!

GNT
08-18-2001, 01:42 AM
The new Queen Amidala figure also is pretty good!

Just can't pick one!

GNT™
''You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi. Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

sleth
08-18-2001, 03:32 AM
:mad: Han Bespin IS the best! Nothing could be better about him, except maybe the binders fitting better or his blaster being painted. And the Bespin Security Gaurd is cool. The only figure to be able to wear 3 (THREE) accessories on his belt, and with great detail. Pretty much all the POTJ figures are good.

Darth Cruel
08-18-2001, 04:13 AM
Too tough for me to call. The new sandtrooper, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Imperial Officer...man these new figures are truly collectible.

Lobito
08-21-2001, 02:53 PM
Hmmm...i think Aurra Sing and the 300th Edition Boba Fett are my winners. I also liked Tessek.

The Biker scouts (clean and dirty) are cool too.

JDMB16A
08-21-2001, 07:59 PM
Sandtrooper

B16A

Neo Solo
08-21-2001, 10:39 PM
I can't believe it! All these Star Wars fans and then, when I was seriously starting to wonder, Lobito finally comes up with it. 300th figure Boba Fett is hands down THE BEST figure to date. Mechanic Chewie is fenominal! Finally some height on this big guy!! Ellors kicks some serious but as does the new Stormtrooper. But. I am sorry. Boba Fett takes the cake, the the icing AND the cherry on top of it all!!!!

A little too thick? Sorry...:rolleyes:

hairless chewie
08-22-2001, 01:57 AM
Clean scout trooper by far. He's the reason why I still have so many speeder bikes.
Chewbacca Mechanic is the BEST chewie done so far. Good sculpt, right scale.
Boss Nass Sacred place also does the character justice.

DahrJin
08-22-2001, 10:08 AM
Well the 300th Fett is an awesome figure, but it was MADE to be awesome. That's why it cost $9.99 plus. :o

JediCole
08-22-2001, 11:33 AM
Wow, this is a tough call. To date I would have to say that my favorite has been Elorrs Maddak (Duros). They put a lot into what could easily have been a dull figure. From the cool boot holster to the iridescent paint, I can't say enough good about this figure. Others on the top of the heap are Chewbacca (Mechanic), as has been stated, they got him right, Plo Koon, and Tessek.
Of course the upcoming lines will dethrone these top picks with ease. The Rebel Fleet Trooper and Imperial Officer could not be more cool I can't wait for FX-7 and the Bacta Tank Luke. And my soon to be all-time favorite...Amanaman!

JediCole
08-22-2001, 11:34 AM
I can't believe that the 300th Boba Fett slipped my mind! Put him at #2 behind Amanaman in the final analysis.

08-22-2001, 02:35 PM
Well, if your talking about figures out of their package, then the new sandtrooper probably wins. Has anyone noticed that both the blaster and binoculars clip to the backpack? Cool! And maybe 2nd, if not tied, would be the Han Bespin who can be posed to look exactly how Harrison Ford stands when he shoots, but isn't locked that way. Of course the new Fett is pretty great, too. The Scout Trooper was such a disapointment for me, with it's lack of articulation, I can't see why it has been voted for.

GNT
11-07-2001, 02:39 AM
Thought I'd bump this topic up :)

Tycho
11-07-2001, 09:18 AM
None of these figures can touch TESSEK!

In Tessek's favor:

1) New Character - Never made for the modern line before. NOT a resculpt with new feature. (disqualifies Boba Fett 300 right there, the Vaders also disqualify here.)

2) Great sculpt, lots of separate pieces make his outer cloak, inner cloak - and still articulated at the legs, etc. (More design went into him than Aurra Sing or the Duro).

3) Gun with working holster (Kicks the Sandtrooper's butt right there).

4) An alien character, useful in many diorama settings. (Sorry FX-7, you're nice, but not THAT useful).

5) Needed to help complete re-do's of all the vintage line. (one edge over Luke Bacta)

6) Very authentic to his movie appearance. (and he got more screen time than the Duro or Amanaman, plus Quarren were seen in TPM)

7) Not a peg-warmer. (sorry Mechanic Chewie. But you do look better with a clearance tag)

So do you agree Tessek is the best?

Or Can your favorite POTJ character match the points working in Tessek's favor?

bigbarada
11-07-2001, 09:32 AM
I don't use a point system to determine who I like best so for right now Mechanic Chewie, Luke X-Wing and Duro take the cake for the best POTJ ever!!

broctoon
11-07-2001, 11:25 AM
It's gotta be 300th edition Boba Fett. If you are only counting regular carded figures, my vote will go to Sandtrooper. Gotta love that deatil and sculpting.

master jedi
11-07-2001, 03:33 PM
I think that the 300th Fett is the best. But I do think that Hasbro could have done a better job on it.

Sith Worm
11-22-2001, 10:23 AM
no one seems to care for it much ,but I like the Han Death Star escape. love the belt.

GNT
11-23-2001, 01:33 AM
I really like the new Zutton and FX-7 figures,only because I've waited so long for them :)

JediChrisnet
11-23-2001, 02:06 PM
I think that the sandtrooper is the best. His detail is great and his scale to the actual thing is great. There are a lot of other cool ones though like- Queen amidala theed, obi cold weather and duros.:D

Darth Rage
11-25-2001, 10:09 PM
Shirtless Darth Maul is the most awesome...