PDA

View Full Version : Should Hasbro Make R1-G4, anyway?

Tycho
10-18-2001, 03:42 AM
I know R1-G4 lost the Fan Choice Poll to Amanaman (and rightly so, as I consider redoing all the vintage figures the highest priority) however, would this droid not make an awesome addition to the line?

How about adding the droid with all the arms (on a short rectangular roller)? [Treadwell or not?] and include him with R1-G4 and the mining droid (black half-dome roller)?

[this would be a large deluxe figure anyway]

This should complete a Purchase of the Droids scene (not counting a real, silver Death Star Droid).

Note, R1-G4 is the tall black droid of a kind also seen in Watto's shop.

evenflow
10-18-2001, 09:31 AM
I think that it would be a great addition. I am not the biggest fan of Droids, (I'd much rather get some alien made) but think this one is pretty cool. I'd like to think that the characters that were on the fan choice will eventually be made. I would really like a Yareal Poof action figure, as well as Even Piell. I think that if there is a chance that perhaps Yareal Poof will be in the second deluxe line. If there is a third, i could see R1-G4 included. I hope that they will not be forgotten. We will just have to wait and see. :(

Mandalorian Candidat
10-18-2001, 01:05 PM
Sure, why not? Can't get enough of those droids.

Pellaeon
10-18-2001, 01:28 PM
Yes, by all means, make it!

JediCole
10-18-2001, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Tycho

How about adding the droid with all the arms (on a short rectangular roller)? [Treadwell or not?] and include him with R1-G4 and the mining droid (black half-dome roller)?

This should complete a Purchase of the Droids scene (not counting a real, silver Death Star Droid).

I agree that this a much needed figure, which may have seemed an odd choice for the Fan's Choice Poll, but a good one none the less. A pack-in with one or both of those other droids would be good, but the silver "Death Star Droid" was not in the "Purchase of the Droids" scene.

Lobito
10-18-2001, 04:38 PM
I'm up for R1-G4!! All figures that have never been made are more than wel.c@m!!!:cool:

Jargo
10-18-2001, 07:14 PM
R1-G4 was my second choice and it was hard to choose between a big alien and a big droid. I still want him. If he came up in the next fan poll again against say Hermi Odle, then I'd have to go for Hermi but right now if R1 made it to a card I'd buy him. Can't wait for Ephant Mon though :)

hamsterboy
10-19-2001, 12:31 AM
Sure. I myself,would also like to see an Imperial R5 unit and an R2 unit with a clear dome.

JediTricks
10-19-2001, 02:28 AM
Yes.

MORE DROIDS!!! I want more droids in general, not just the same protocol and astromechs over and over, but different designs and better gimmicks. R1-G4 would be dope.

bigbarada
10-19-2001, 09:32 PM
I've wanted Ephant Mon since I was a kid, however when I saw R1-G4, I actually hesitated in voting for the big elephant. I really want to see some more droids that are more than just repainted Artoo and Threepios.

And while you are at it, make General Rieekan too.:cool:

Huckleberry Josh
10-20-2001, 11:53 AM
Why not? They make all the other droids , even if the droid really sucks . I'd be more than happy to buy it.

Ken-Wan Obi-Obi
10-20-2001, 12:04 PM
These Fan's Choice Polls have me somewhat depressed. It's like trying to decide which child to keep. I want them all, right now. R1-G4 included!

But, wouldn't it be great if Hasbro let us help decide which figures would not be made? Imagine if they gave us a list of figures they had ALREADY decided to do and we had the veto power to say, "The one we want least of all is the re-sculpted Death Star Escape Luke Skywalker with Sad-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Just-Died Face."

Now that would be a productive poll!

Jargo
10-20-2001, 08:00 PM
If it were children we were talking about I'd say lose the big kid. Small ones cost less. Less cost, more bread for spending on star wars toys for me. :p

I was only joking just now guys, no need to go calling child welfare or anything........ :rolleyes:

squee666
10-20-2001, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I know R1-G4 lost the Fan Choice Poll to Amanaman (and rightly so, as I consider redoing all the vintage figures the highest priority) however, would this droid not make an awesome addition to the line?

Note, R1-G4 is the tall black droid of a kind also seen in Watto's shop. Great idea!!! My Jawas are screaming "MORE DROIDS"

Eternal Padawan
10-21-2001, 01:13 AM
Well, this question is a no-brainer...hypothetically who WOULDN'T want a new figure of anybody? I want as many new figures as possible. The only way Hasbro can keep me satisfied is to offer new figures every other month...

oldfossil
10-21-2001, 11:48 AM
ANY Classic Trilogy droid -- including a new Threepio resculpt -- would probably fly off the shelves! I'd buy at least two R1 units, myself.

Starfig873
10-21-2001, 06:08 PM
well. Yes. Yes they do. :D

They hafta do it anyway, they shouldn't tease us with the chance to get it and then not give it to us.