PDA

View Full Version : The "Leaving"

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 09:51 AM
"When I left you, I was but the learner"

Do you think that when Vader said that, he meant when he went to Naboo with Padme to marry? If so I think that would be great, otherwise if they are still together at the start of EpIII, that sets the story back quite far, because that means he has to leave him in the film and then start training as a sith.

Whereas if he's already gone, he could have been practicing his own skills in the 2-3 years between Eps II and III. Then it could open with Obi-Wan looking for Ani, when he meets Padme who is pregnant, she could tell him Anakin has gone, that means Anakin wouldn't know she is expecting, then she goes to Coruscant with Obi-Wan and the adventure starts there.

Who thinks that's what will happen?

Beast
08-10-2002, 11:12 AM
I think that he says that, because remember in Episode II he felt that Obi-Wan was holding him back, not letting him progress in his training. So when he left him, meaning when he sided with Palpatine/Sidious that Sidious completed his training, and let him move on, instead of being stuck as a learner to Obi-Wan the whole time. Even when he though himself ready. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 05:10 PM
I suppose you've got a point Jar Jar Bunks(hit the edit button), but if they did it like this it would leave them alot more space to answer other questions and tie up story lines!

Darth Marra 54
08-15-2002, 05:42 PM
Maybe that is a good Idea but I always assumed that Anakin fought in the Clone Wars

Pendo
08-16-2002, 07:48 AM
Yeah I agree with JJB, when he says "When I left you" I think he was talking about joining with Palpy. It would be interesting for them to be on their own, but Anakin wasn't made a full Jedi at the end so Obi-Wan is still his master and would travel to Naboo to continue training Anakin.

PENDO!

Darth Grifter
08-22-2002, 09:07 PM
Yes Pendo, but, don't you think that Anakin's feelings towards the Jedi are already begin to become non-plus and, his decision to marry Padme in and of itself is a break away decision; so, he could already feel separated enough to stay away or dismiss Obi-Wan from being his master. Especially if his confidence and self-righteousness has peaked to the point where he feels tha the doesn't need training any more. Palpatine could then sense Anakin's break or hear of it through Mace/Yoda and could call Padme to Coruscant knowing that Ani would naturally follow behind. Palpatine could then console and congratulate Ani on his break with the Jedi and begin to send him on his own "political" missions. This would produce scenes where we could see the Anakin Skywalker, best star pilot in the galaxy, as well as, him battling in outcroppings of the clone wars.

Just some ideas

Darkross
08-27-2002, 11:48 AM
I always interpreted Vader's line "When I left you I was but the learner...now I am the master!"

I interpreted it meaning that even when Anakin turned to the dark side and fought Obi-Wan at the end of Episode III, that he was still a student in the force (be-it light or dark...who cares...) and that Obi-Wan was more mature in the Force and his abilities were honed...whereas Anakin's weren't hence the mistakes he made in the battle and his carelessness which ultimately spelled his doom in the molten lava. Either way...Anakin was a student and Obi-Wan was the Master when comparing the two...Anakin wasn't Obi-Wan's apprentice anymore once he turned to the darkside...so to say that it was Palpatine who completed his training prior to their duel...I don't think so. But perhaps it was only after that duel that Palpatine had finally completed Vader's training...thus prompting him to say it to Obi-Wan when they met for the last time on the Death Star.

I don't think that Anakin had turned to the darkside all that long before he and Obi-Wan first dueled it out.

I hope that when they duel it out...it's on Coruscant!

Rogue II
08-27-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Darkross

I don't think that Anakin had turned to the darkside all that long before he and Obi-Wan first dueled it out.

I hope that when they duel it out...it's on Coruscant!

I agree. In ANH, when Ben is telling Luke about his father, doesn't Ben mention both of them fighting together in the Clone Wars? (He also mentions Anakin being the best fighter pilot in the galaxy, but that's not important right now.)

So somehow, in Episode III, we will have to see:

1. Obi-Wan and Anakin fight togther in the Clone Wars
2. Anakin earn his reputation of being the best fighter pilot in the galaxy
3. Anakin leave the Jedi Order and join Palpatine in the Dark Side
4. Anakin duel Obi-Wan

I think that's plenty of things to keep Anakin busy so he doesn't notice that Padme is pregnant with twins.

:D

Pendo
08-27-2002, 01:35 PM
I think the best fighter pilot might refer to the Battle of Naboo, and the Coruscant chase. I know that isn't really enough to give him that reputation but I don't think it is that important to establish it in Episode III. It still would be nice to see him using his Jedi powers in a space battle :).

PENDO!

Darkross
08-28-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
I think the best fighter pilot might refer to the Battle of Naboo, and the Coruscant chase. I know that isn't really enough to give him that reputation but I don't think it is that important to establish it in Episode III. It still would be nice to see him using his Jedi powers in a space battle :).

PENDO!

Nah...I think that there will be a space battle in Episode III in which Anakin fights and uses his cunning ability to pull off something spectacular...thus giving him the title "Best Star Pilot in the Galaxy!"

JesusFreak
08-28-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I agree. In ANH, when Ben is telling Luke about his father, doesn't Ben mention both of them fighting together in the Clone Wars?

Well, technically, the arena was kinda the start of the clone wars and they both did fight together, so he coulda meant that.

Beast
08-28-2002, 11:36 PM
Agreed, remember that Obi-Wan was stretching the truth some. Not only to protect Luke from the knowledge that Darth Vader was Luke's father. But also to excite him, gear him up, and make him want to follow in his father's footsteps and come with him to Alderaan. You know ole Ben and his, "Certain point of view." :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
09-06-2002, 06:17 PM
I think Anakins piloting skills have already been established from the pod race to the battle of naboo , and then the speeder chase in EP2. "The best star pilot in the galaxy" line could've been to show Obi-Wan's admiration of Anakin when they were still friends, and nothing more before he turned.

Also I do not think Anakin will or would have to pull off some amazing kind of stunt in a space battle to be considered the best, but at the same time I wouldn't mind seeing Jedi Starfighters in more action.

My .02 :)

Jek Porky 2002
09-07-2002, 11:36 AM
I've read all of your comments, but I still think it would be better if he has left now and he practices his own skills, I think we will probably see some kind of starfighter chase between Obi-Wan and Anakin that would establish the fact.

Pendo
09-07-2002, 12:00 PM
There was a cut scene in ANH where Garven Dreis (Red Leader) tells Luke that he knew his father and that he was a great pilot. Perhaps we will see him and Anakin fly together in some battle, and the cut scene be added back for the Archival Editions :).

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
09-07-2002, 06:35 PM
I knew about that, if you look carefully he looks at Luke as if he's about to say something serious, then a Pilot walks past right infront of the camera, and you can tell that his head has moved and he looks like he's been laughing. I think it looks quite funny!