PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone actually get the Epic Force figures?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-10-2002, 10:37 AM
If so, which one(s) do you have? I only have the Stormtrooper.

sith_killer_99
08-10-2002, 11:11 AM
Epic Force, I SURE did!:D

I was one of the few collectors who actually liked these things.

I got all of 'em from the OT ans skipped the ones from EP1!

My favorites are:

Boba Fett
Darth Vader
Stormtrooper

With honerable mention going to:

Luke Bespin
C-3PO

Rogue II
08-10-2002, 11:13 AM
I never bought any of them. I stuck with only collecting 3.75" figures.

I still see some of those C-3POs sitting around at KB.

TIE Pilot
08-10-2002, 03:34 PM
I've always considered myslelf strictly a 3" collector too. But I just couldn't resist buying a couple of these during the Ep I price drops.

I picked up a Stormtrooper, C-3PO, Maul and Obi-Wan. They're not bad, but again they're pretty much just statues. Why they gave Maul and Obi-Wan action gimmicks I'll never know.

Oh yeah, that's right. It's Hasbro :)

dr_evazan22
08-10-2002, 11:28 PM
I bought all of the POTF2 Epic Force except for the FAO exclusives.

My personal fav is Vader, w/ Boba, 3PO and Luke as close runner-ups. I felt the Leia figure was a waste (I bought that super cheap on sale to complete the set). I think that it was a combination of bland outfit and bland background and bland action.

When I think of Vader, Boba, 3PO and Luke, I think of those parts from the films where it was taken from.

I completely ignored the E1 Epic's. They didn't pique my curiosity.

2-1B
08-11-2002, 12:02 AM
You're damn right I did! :happy:

I love them too - Threeps, Boba, Vader, Stormie, Luke, Leia, Maul, Jinn, young Kenobi - I bought all of them except the exclusives (thanks for reminding me, I may want to track those down ;) ).

I do like the TPM figures, but I was upset that they are not the same scale as the OT figs. :(

DarthBrandon
08-11-2002, 12:22 AM
I picked up Boba and Vader, those are the only two I liked at the time.

figrin bran
08-11-2002, 02:09 AM
i only have the boba fett which was the only one i really liked.

tagmac
08-12-2002, 12:04 AM
I've got all of them except Qui-Gon. Boba Fett was definitely the best.

JediTricks
08-13-2002, 05:21 AM
I have Vader, Luke, 3PO, Stormtrooper, Leia, Fett, Maul, and Obi-Wan Ep 1. Luckily, I didn't pay too much for any of 'em because they're really basic statues. If these had been 8 bucks cheaper than their MSRP, they probably wouldn't have had to put Han, Chewie, and Obi-Wan ANH in a crappy FAO 3pack. They did the smart thing of putting out a Vader and a Luke at the same time that go together (unlike the Mega Action versions, how dumb was that to put out JUST Maul and then Maul & Obi-Wan and then finally Maul, Obi-Wan, & Destroyer Droid).

ACPin
08-14-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by dr_evazan22
I bought all of the POTF2 Epic Force except for the FAO exclusives.

My personal fav is Vader, w/ Boba, 3PO and Luke as close runner-ups. I felt the Leia figure was a waste (I bought that super cheap on sale to complete the set). I think that it was a combination of bland outfit and bland background and bland action.

When I think of Vader, Boba, 3PO and Luke, I think of those parts from the films where it was taken from.

I completely ignored the E1 Epic's. They didn't pique my curiosity.
I picked them all up including the FAO exclusives when they went on clearance!

I also was disappointed with the E1 and didn't even bother to get them even when I saw them on clearance at half off.

dr_evazan22
08-15-2002, 09:48 PM
I called my "local" FAO(King of Prussia, PA) on Sun to inquire if they had any 3-packs left. No.

I put my name on the list for a shuttle. The guy said there were probably more than a hundred reservations already. He didn't have any definite news, except to say that IF they do receive them, then the expected arrival time would be early- to mid- Dec.

Darth Vellner
08-16-2002, 12:27 AM
I have all of them OT (2 of Leia and Stormtrooper) & Ep.1 -minus- han,chewie and obi-wan 3-pack.....no FAO around here.

jedi_uk73
08-16-2002, 08:29 AM
I managed to get Boba Fett, Stormtrooper & C-3PO, all fairly cheap. Others didn't really take my fancy, although Darth Vader would have been nice to get, If I ever found one :(

Darth Evil
08-17-2002, 07:34 AM
I only got Boba Fett and Vader. I never saw any of the others.

OC47150
09-06-2002, 04:57 PM
I have all of them except for the FAO exclusives; I do have plans to pick the missing three up at some time.

The Ep. 1 series is the weaker ones of the entire batch. The multimotion feature is nice but not really necessary.

I often wonder if R2 ticked someone off enough whereas he didn't get produced. I find that odd.

QLD
09-14-2002, 02:31 PM
I never cared much for these. TO be so large, I thought they weren't as detailed as they should be.

Old Fossil
09-21-2002, 08:17 PM
I passed up many opportunities to get these. I don't regret it.

Jayspawn
09-23-2002, 12:45 AM
I thought some of the Epic Force figures (it you call them figures) we're pretty dumb. BUT I did pick up Darth Vader, Boba Fett and Stormtrooper. Because I really like the characters and the toy was well made.

macca_rocks2003
01-12-2004, 09:10 AM
I just discovered these on a recent trip to Hamleys in London. There were a few lukes and threepios for 6.50 which was a pretty good price, i only got the Luke though, it seemed the better of the two.

bobafrett
01-12-2004, 05:08 PM
I bought I think all of them, including the Han, Chewie, Obi-Wan 3 pack which I picked up on eBay. I don't know if they made any for EPI outside of the Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon. Boba Fett I picked up at a comic book shop for $11. I'd like to get a second Stormtrooper to open. But with the Unleashed line, I'm going to wait to see if they ever get around to putting out a Stormtrooper.

JediTricks
01-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Those were the only 3 Ep 1 Epic Forces.

OC47150
01-13-2004, 09:13 AM
That is correct, and no Epic Force for Ep. 2.

The new Unleashed figures/statues are a nice replacement to the Epic Force, if that is the case. A little more expensive, but nice. I bought myself the Boba Fett figure and it is nice.

Turbowars
01-13-2004, 08:22 PM
I bought a few. Anyone want them? I have Vader, Luke and 3PO.

ACPin
01-13-2004, 10:58 PM
I was almost tempted to build a Stormtrooper army when I saw them on clearance for $5 each at Odd Lots a couple of years back. Good thing I got the FAO three-pack on clearance so I didn't have to pay a lot for them.