PDA

View Full Version : Fan's Choice #5?

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 02:26 PM
When is the next fan's choice poll coming out? I always forget howlong it is between each one, I think it's about 3 months, I am right?

Jargo
08-10-2002, 03:36 PM
Hold your horses cowboy! Sheesh you kids are so impatient. The 3rd one isn't even out in stores yet and you want to have a poll for the 5th? I think the Hasbro design team need a breather to be honest. They've slogged their guts out this last year to get this stuff into stores so greedy kiddies can snap it all up. They're now hard at work on next years stuff. Give them a break why dontcha. :)

I would reckon on there not being a new fan's choice poll until we're safely tucked into 2003 at the very least. Concentrate your energy on getting the stuff that came out this year, or is coming out later this year.

As yoda says,

"Hard to see the fan's choice is, the rumour clouds everything....."

Darth Marra 54
08-10-2002, 03:39 PM
Probally next year fan choice five will come out so Riekin can lose again!

Beast
08-10-2002, 03:43 PM
General Rieekan already lost twice, I wonder if he will even be included in the next Fan Choice poll. Since they said when Amanaman appeared on the 2nd poll, if he lost again he likely wouldn't appear on another poll. There were even some rumblings that if he lost again, he wouldn't even ever get made. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 04:52 PM
General Rekaan should loose, he's boring, it's the Jedi, Cantina and Jabba's Palace charactors we want to see!

bigbarada
08-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Here's who I want to see on the next fan choice poll:

1. Barada
2. Kithaba
3. Umpass Stay
4. Klatooinian Jedi
5. Mos Espa Citizen (Klatooinian)

:)

Biased? Me? Where on earth would you get that idea?:D

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Hold your horses cowboy! Sheesh you kids are so impatient. The 3rd one isn't even out in stores yet and you want to have a poll for the 5th?

I didn't mean it like that, it's not like I said, I want a new Fans Choice Poll NOW! I was just asking when the next one will be, out of interest.

Beast
08-10-2002, 05:10 PM
No, this should be on the next fan choice poll. ;) :D :

1. Jar Jar Binks: Senatorial Robes (The ones with the fancy epalutes)
2. Rep Teers or Rep Been
3. Gungan Scout
4. Concept Gungan Sith Lord (Star Wars Galaxies)
5. Gungan Female w/ Child

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 05:15 PM
No, actually it should be:

Bib Fortuna
Oola
Ann Gela
Tan Gela
Orn Free Taa's Green Aid, or red aid, any of the 2 would be fine!

Jargo
08-10-2002, 05:27 PM
No you're all wrong. it should be:

Yarna D'al gargan
Yarna D'al gargan
Yarna D'al gargan
Yarna D'al gargan
Yarna D'al gargan

or possibly Yarna D'al gargan.

Nothing else will do. :)

Beast
08-10-2002, 05:33 PM
Yarna doesn't even deserve to be on the Fan Choice Poll. She deserves to just be made as quick as possible. Come on Hasbro, honor the memory of Claire Davenport and give us a figure of her before Jargo has a coronary. ;) :D

BTW Jargo, I have to say that your current avatar is one of the weirdest, most disturbing, strangest things I have ever seen in my life. It looks familiar though. Is it from Kids in the Hall, or from a Saturday Night Live Dieter Skit? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 05:45 PM
It is wierd, at first I thought it might have been cut from Goldmember, you know, Dr. Evil might have had to put one of them on mini me to stop him scratching!

Jargo
08-10-2002, 05:46 PM
I believe it's from an MTV ident spot. Strange and deleriously weird and disturbing are the new black...

And hasbro should have a Yarna figure out, like - last century!! huh, what's with those guys eh? :crazed:

She would actually make an excellent non movie year figure. But then so would countless others. Make 'em all Hasbro - every last dognabbit one of them!!!!!

JEDIpartner
08-10-2002, 06:13 PM
Hey Jargo... did you see that vintage style Yarna that guy is making on the FFURG site? It's pretty hot lookin'! :crazed:

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 06:19 PM
Any pictures?

Jargo
08-10-2002, 06:22 PM
I did, i also saw his Ben Quadinaros and i reckon I'd go for some of that if Hasbro took it up. Teemto is particularly cool and that is one sweet sculpt he did. But yeah the yarna is cool but he's just copying the original and it lacks a certain Claire davenport feel to it. Yarna would have to look like Claire to be a real yarna figure. He's a very talented guy though. i wish i had an ounce of his talent to do something similar. Thanks for the heads up though JP :)

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 06:59 PM
Jargo, you are one of the most tallented customisers I know, I don't know anyone that can customise a Droid like you!

Jargo
08-10-2002, 08:27 PM
I wish that was true Jek. I'm okay with a dibdab of paint but this guy is a sculpting master. That's what i'm not good at. Only because of the materials though. if I had access to decent materials I guess i could have a decent stab at stuff. I was always good at sculpting clay at school. made plasticine sculptures as a teenager. it's something I'd like to get into at some point but here's the pic I was talking about and forgive me god for posting a pic from the guys site but I don't have the link handy.

Geonosian
08-10-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
No, this should be on the next fan choice poll. ;) :D :

1. Jar Jar Binks: Senatorial Robes (The ones with the fancy epalutes)
2. Rep Teers or Rep Been
3. Gungan Scout
4. Concept Gungan Sith Lord (Star Wars Galaxies)
5. Gungan Female w/ Child

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks 1. Is there even any female Gungans? Also I would love to see those Gungans from Episode 2. The ones talking at the theed palace.

Beast
08-10-2002, 11:42 PM
Yes, near the end of E1 when the Queen goes to ask for Boss Nass and the Gungan's help, a female Gungan or two is clearly visible. There is one to the front of the group, right by where the small Gungan child is. She has a thinner beak then the males do. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
08-10-2002, 11:54 PM
Cool, do you think those Episode 2 Ganguns will be made?

SuperBattleDroid88
08-10-2002, 11:57 PM
A female Gungan with child would be a really great figure!!!!!!!
We need more gungans made!

JediCole
08-11-2002, 12:44 AM
Does anyone have the site for the customizer featured here on previous posts?

Jek Porky 2002
08-11-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
Cool, do you think those Episode 2 Ganguns will be made?

They probably won't be made, but I like the way those Gungans say "Umi Coose, Atata" that's the same as what the two Gungans say on Episode I when Jar Jar takes the Jedi back to the city.

I would like to see more Gungans made into figures, appart from thier personality on the film, they do actually look good, really well designed! I hope we see Rep Teers, Rep Been and a Female with Child would be good!

Geonosian
08-11-2002, 09:31 AM
Do they really say the same thing?
Cool!!

JonoFett
08-11-2002, 10:16 AM
Imperial dignatary - long overdue!

Jek Porky 2002
08-11-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
Do they really say the same thing?
Cool!!

Yes, but I was the only one out of all my friends that noticed this, when I heard it I felt like shouting out "That's what theysay on Episode I!", but I don't think the other people would have taken too kindly to me shouting that out half way through the film.

evenflow
08-11-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
No you're all wrong. it should be:

Yarna D'al gargan
Yarna D'al gargan
Yarna D'al gargan
Yarna D'al gargan
Yarna D'al gargan

or possibly Yarna D'al gargan.

Nothing else will do. :)

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbarada
08-11-2002, 02:00 PM
This just in from Hasbro's website, the new Fan Choice Poll is out! The choices are:

1. Luke Skywalker Homestead (ANH)
2. Han Solo Mos Eisley Cantina (ANH)
3. Malikili - Rancor Keeper (ROTJ)
4. Darth Maul (TPM)
5. Anakin Skywalker Slave (TPM)

:D:D:D:D

I know, that wasn't funny.:frus:

mylow thehutt
08-11-2002, 03:40 PM
I saw a gungan female in this book I have,and there purple.

TylerD
08-12-2002, 08:53 PM
Yarna would be fantastic! Although, I do wonder what a child's mother would say when she saw the six-breasted dancer....LOL!

AdmiralPiett
08-13-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by TylerD
Yarna would be fantastic! Although, I do wonder what a child's mother would say when she saw the six-breasted dancer....LOL!

That was Kenner's rationale for never going past the prototype stage back in the mid 80s. We're a much more liberal society than we were back then though so I think there is a good possibility that we may see her before 2008 is through.
Piett

Prince Xizor
08-13-2002, 01:22 AM
Yeah, Yarna would be awesome. Actually almost any new toy would be cool.

TylerD
08-13-2002, 01:51 AM
I totally forgot about that whole situation Piett...Now I remember the prototype that Gus Lopez has.....isn't it missing a leg?

AdmiralPiett
08-13-2002, 02:19 AM
Yeah, it's not painted either.
Piett

AdmiralPiett
08-13-2002, 02:27 AM
Scratch that, the one with the missing leg is painted. There is an earlier rubber copy with both legs that isn't painted.
Piett