PDA

View Full Version : DVD's You Are Looking Forward To?

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 01:54 PM
This Autumn looks like it is going to be great for DVD collectors, so which DVD's are you lookiing forward to most?

These are the ones I'm most exited to see!

Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Full Screen) 11th Nov
Star Wars: Episode II: Attack Of The Clones 11th Nov
Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights: Series 1 2nd Sept
The League Of Gentlemen: Christmas Special 25 Nov
Futurama: Season 2 November
Big Brother Uncut 3, 9th Sept

I can't wait for this Autumn/Winter, especially November which is going to be an expensive month, being as I'm going to be buying 2 versions of Star Wars EpII on VHS aswell as the 2 on DVD and the new EpI DVD, which I wish I wasn't buying, but being as I am a hard core collecter I'll have to, so what are you getting?

Pendo
08-10-2002, 01:57 PM
Here's my list:

- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (Widescreen)
- Red Dwarf: The Complete 1st Series
- Lord of the Rings 5 disk set
- Spider-Man
- Big Brother - Uncut 3 (hey I only wanna watch PJ and PIGGYJade have sex)

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 02:08 PM
Why has this been moved to the "Other" forum, there are other threads in the General Discussion Forum about DVD's, and most of the DVD's on my list are of TV programmes!

Beast
08-10-2002, 02:13 PM
Gee, where do I even start. I guess I better do a Top 10, even though there are more then that that I can't wait to get. :)

1. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (5-Disc Set)
2. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (WS)
3. Back to the Future: The Complete Trilogy (WS)
4. Spider-Man (WS Gift Set)
5. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (Ultimate Gift Set)
6. South Park: The Complete First Season
7. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (Special Edition)
8. Return of the Living Dead
9. Babylon 5: The Complete First Season
10. Gremlins/Gremlins 2 (Special Editions)

It probably got moved, because most of the responses will end up being movies. The only time I put DVD news in the General Forum is if it's for TV shows only, like B5 and South Park. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
08-10-2002, 02:37 PM
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo Special Edition!!!!

bigbarada
08-10-2002, 04:22 PM
The 5-disc Fellowship of the Rings: Special Edition set will likely be the movie that forces me to break down and buy a danged DVD Player.:)

Oh yeah, I might also pick up this wierd little movie called Attack of the Clones. Any of you heard of it?

;)

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Oh yeah, I might also pick up this wierd little movie called Attack of the Clones. Any of you heard of it?

No never!

I can't believe that there is someone here that doesn't own a DVD player, next time I'll look at your location, what does it say 20th century?;)

DarthBrandon
08-10-2002, 08:17 PM
Here is my list:

1. Star Wars: Episode II: Attack Of The Clones (Widescreen)
2. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (5-Disc Set)
3. Spider-Man (For the little one and myself)

2-1B
08-10-2002, 10:34 PM
The Sopranos Season 3
SW 2 AOTC
Goldmember
Road to Perdition
Signs
E.T.
Muppet Show DVD with SW
Muppet Show DVD with Alice Cooper
The Count of Monte Cristo

That's about it for now! :)

bigbarada
08-11-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002

No never!

I can't believe that there is someone here that doesn't own a DVD player, next time I'll look at your location, what does it say 20th century?;)

Well, we did get the first atomic bomb explosion before everyone else, but other than that we are a little behind the times. But that won't last forever, just last month we got gang violence, teen rape and murder; and we've actually got homeless people now too, so we should be caught up with the rest of the 'civilized' world pretty soon.:zzz:

Too bad really, primitive living is much more humane.

Jek Porky 2002
08-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

Well, we did get the first atomic bomb explosion before everyone else, but other than that we are a little behind the times. But that won't last forever, just last month we got gang violence, teen rape and murder; and we've actually got homeless people now too, so we should be caught up with the rest of the 'civilized' world pretty soon.:zzz:

Too bad really, primitive living is much more humane.

Woah, Woah, BB, I came here for some light harted entertainment, and you've got me reaching for the prozak.

I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way, it just seams odd that there is someone here that doesn't own a DVD player, when nearly everyone else has!

Post- 1138- I am a true fan!

bigbarada
08-11-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002

Woah, Woah, BB, I came here for some light harted entertainment, and you've got me reaching for the prozak.

I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way, it just seams odd that there is someone here that doesn't own a DVD player, when nearly everyone else has!

Post- 1138- I am a true fan!

Actually, I already bought my parents a DVD player last year and my brother owns one. Thus, I just haven't really felt the need to buy one for my personal use yet (I also wanted to wait for prices to go down). No offense taken.

Now that I plan to get one, I am looking at getting a PS2, to sort of kill two birds with one stone. (I'm getting bored with my N64)

BTW, I will go ahead and add Spider-Man to my list, I haven't seen it yet; but it looks pretty cool.:)

Thumb Wars
08-11-2002, 08:48 PM
well, like everyone else, i am looking forward to Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. that's a givin. but here are some of the others i am waiting for:

Extended version of Lord of the Rings
Spiderman
2-dics set of Resident Evil
Monsters Inc.
Ice Age
MIB II
Signs (i know its still in theaters, but i cannot wait till it hits DVD)

that is all i can think of right now

Beast
08-11-2002, 08:53 PM
Thumb Wars, you arn't looking forward to FrankenThumb (Sept. 24th) and The GodThumb? I would have thought that you of all people would be looking forward to those. I know that I am. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thumb Wars
08-11-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Thumb Wars, you arn't looking forward to FrankenThumb (Sept. 24th) and The GodThumb? I would have thought that you of all people would be looking forward to those. :D

thank you JarJarBinks, i almost completely forgot about FrankenThumb! but i have not heard of The GodThumb yet, but it sounds good. i'm still looking for BatThumb as well, my local supplier told me he should have some soon.