PDA

View Full Version : For all you Metal Gear Solid fans.........

mylow thehutt
08-11-2002, 11:34 AM
:)I just heard that in 2003-2004 there going to be making an MGS3,heres a qout from a web site I found this at.

**Date: 07/07/02

A little more MGS3 information has been found.. read it all here...

The release date is scheduled for a 2003-2004 release to comply with their statement that a sequel would be released every 2 years.

After the dissapointment of many fans about the inclusion of Raiden, it has been said the Solid Snake will be the only playable character.

I story will take place 3 years after MGS2. The story is rumoured to be complete yet no information about it has been released.

source: mgs central** What do you think

Pendo
08-11-2002, 11:42 AM
MGS is the BEST game series I LOVE it!! Thanx for the heads up mylow :D! I can't wait for the new game. I'm glad Raiden won't be in it, when I first played MGS2 I thought he was a girl :eek:!

PENDO!

mylow thehutt
08-11-2002, 12:15 PM
Hay Pendo i didn't know you were a Mgs Fan,Did you hear about MGS2 substance? It's sound really neat.

Pendo
08-11-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
Hay Pendo i didn't know you were a Mgs Fan,Did you hear about MGS2 substance? It's sound really neat.

Yeah it sounds cool! Playing through the whole game as Snake :D, new VR missions and you even see Snake doing some skateboarding and dodging enemies that are 10 stories high! I don't know where the skateboarding could come in but it sounds cool :D. I can't wait for it, do you know when it's coming out?

PENDO!

mylow thehutt
08-11-2002, 12:36 PM
Sadly I hear It's comming out in March 2003,for PS2.

odb
08-11-2002, 04:06 PM
Let's hope they get this one right. MGS2 was a real dissappointment. MSG1 was far better. Hopefully the developers will learn that less is more (less FMV, less plot twists etc), I've already emailed them listing out my concerns abut MGS2. I suppose I can Hope that they'll get it right.

mylow thehutt
08-11-2002, 04:40 PM
It will be neat in substance you play as Snake,snake in his MGS1 sneaking suite,Snake in a tux,Plisken,Riaden w/ his niga sword,and MGS1's niga in bolth the plant and tanker.the release dates are fuzzy,some sites say November,others say next year.

QLD
08-11-2002, 10:15 PM
I loved MGS2, however the plot got so conveluted towards the end, I was totally lost. Hopefully the next one will be a bit.....more ....straight forward.

derek
08-13-2002, 10:48 PM
metal gear 2 was really cool, except for all the cut scenes. why don't they just make a movie instead, because if something is only 35% playable, it ain't any fun.:)

DeadEye
08-13-2002, 11:09 PM
MGS2: Substance is coming out in December for PC, and I couldn't be happier--because by then, PS2 owners will have had over a year to enjoy the game. :D

mylow thehutt
08-13-2002, 11:09 PM
A MGS moive,now that would sweet!

Pendo
08-14-2002, 06:57 AM
I heard a rumor a while back that scripts were being produced for a movie but have heard nothing since. I too would like to see one :D! They should get David Hayter to play Snake in the movie too because that voice is brilliant, I don't think anyone could speak Snake like Hayter does ;).

PENDO!

DeadEye
08-14-2002, 10:10 AM
I heard that they made a movie of Metal Gear (the first game) back around 1989, and supposedly Kurt Russell was Snake, and Sean Connery was Big Boss. Is this true?

Pendo
08-14-2002, 10:16 AM
I don't think so there is no record of it on the Internet Movie Database, plus I didn't know Big Boss was in the very first game, but I've never played that one so I could be wrong. I've only played the ones that's on the PlayStation.

PENDO!

mylow thehutt
08-14-2002, 11:04 AM
I think they should cast Hugh Jackman,he looks like Snake by a long shot.Kurt russel played Snake in escape from L.A.

Pendo
08-14-2002, 12:28 PM
Yeah Hugh Jackman would be a good Snake :) but I still say they should dub his voice with David Hayter's.

PENDO!

MikeAndTheBots
08-14-2002, 04:58 PM
They could just do the movie CG since didn't it originate in Japan? I think they would want a version too. They just redub it with the voices we all know and love and ship it here...
MGS was probably one of the best 5 games for psx, if not the best, never got a chance to play mgs2. I'm going to probably get substance when it goes to PC...

Pendo
08-14-2002, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't watch it if it was CG!! I totaly HATE CGI!!!!! :mad: That would be the worst thing to do!!! Why can't they just re-dub the voices of the real actors?? Also I think it would be an American film and not Japanese because America has a bigger film industry than Japan.

PENDO!

MikeAndTheBots
08-14-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
I wouldn't watch it if it was CG!! I totaly HATE CGI!!!!! :mad: That would be the worst thing to do!!! Why can't they just re-dub the voices of the real actors?? Also I think it would be an American film and not Japanese because America has a bigger film industry than Japan.

PENDO!
Ok, then maybe I'd be the only one seeing it if it was done with computers....

Well, it'd be harder to get the lips line up if it was dubbed with real actors

derek
08-14-2002, 09:31 PM
Pendo,

when final fantasy first came out in theatres, i totally rejected the CG concept of a film. but the more i watch it, the more i like it. and face it, episode 2 was almost 70% CG it seems. lucas would of probably gotten better performances out of CG characters.:)

the video game metal gear 2 is almost a movie itself. way too many cutscenes for me.

Darth Evil
08-17-2002, 07:57 AM
Hugh Jackman would be a good choice to play Snake, he proved he can do a gruff voice as Wolverine in X-Men. But they'd have to find someone very similar looking to Jackman to be Liquid, I don't see him doing Liquid's accent well. MGS2's plot was very complicated, that last Codec conversation confused me!

Pendo
08-17-2002, 08:26 AM
The ending is too long on the 2nd one and it doesn't even let you skip it :mad:. It's sooooooooo annoying :frus:!!!

After completing the game a few times on every difficulty and all dog tags :rolleyes:, you kinda get used to the plot and it doesn't seem as complicated as it did at first. It still could have been better though.

:happy:

PENDO!

Darth Evil
08-18-2002, 08:17 AM
Getting those dog tags is a pain, isn't it? Very satisfying though, once you do it.

scruffziller
08-19-2002, 07:36 AM
What a betrayal of my Nintendo family, Metal Gear was one of my most favorite titles for the original NES. Especially Snake's Revenge.
Why did Nintendo the company I grew up with have to go and make Konami Co. the manufacturer of Metal Gear mad and make them leave by restricting them by forbidding them to make any of their titles for other systems................. sad.................:cry: .........:frus: