PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened with this rumor?

evenflow
10-18-2001, 11:56 AM
I do not remember where i got this from, but here it is.

"Walt Disney Attractions will be getting SIX theme park & Starwars.com exclusive 3.75" figures produced by HASBRO.

Figures will be all DROIDS & a combination of repaints & ALL NEW sculpts. All figures will be based on the Disney "Star Tours" attraction, taken from the ride film & queue line. They will ship in two waves of three, the first to come this fall.

First wave will include 2 new & 1 repaint. The repaint will be of the Theed escape R2 in a green/white scheme. The two new sculpts will consist of the Star Speeder 3000 pilot "MAX" & one of the repair unit droids (kind of resembles "Johnny-5" from "Short Circuit") from the queue line. Wave 2 should be out sometime next Spring. Again expect 2 new/1 repaint. Details later.

They will be in custom cards based on the POTJ versions, but say "STAR TOURS" & w/o the Vader/Obi image. The card back will explain the story of the attraction.

They will be available in all Disney parks w/the Star Tours attraction as well as on Starwars.com to allow collectors access & avoid a scalper frenzy. So they should be easy to get a hold of once released. Exact price point unknown, though probably expect them to be around the $10 mark, which is what the Disney parks currently charge for the POTJ assortments.

Also in the works for sometime down the line is a 3.75" scale STAR SPEEDER 3000 vehicle playset...

More details to come as I get them."

Lobito
10-18-2001, 04:48 PM
When was this supposed to happen??

evenflow
10-19-2001, 07:34 AM
I'd say it is from a few months ago.

GNT
10-19-2001, 11:56 PM
I think its still a rumor,No site has said anything more on it for awhile!

SirSteve
10-20-2001, 12:16 AM
If sites would only post facts (at least do all they can to verify it) so not to get the hopes up of so many fans...

evenflow
10-20-2001, 08:02 AM
I just read this today at another site in part of their Q& A. The question was will Hasbro be making more Droids. There was a longer answer I just included this sentence.

"Disney may end up with a couple exclusive astromechs to tie in with their Star Tours attraction."

Eternal Padawan
10-21-2001, 10:46 AM
Well, it says they'll sell them thru the fanclub, so I'm not worried about missing out on them. I really want that green and white R2-A6 though...

LTBasker
10-28-2001, 05:55 AM
I read sometime ago that nothing had been said on confirming those toys...but then again, nothing had been said against it, so it's actually kinda in limbo, but since they released that one toy for Disney, I'd say it's likely that we'll see them sooner or later.

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 03:49 PM
Has anyone heard anything more about this? Or the Starspeeder 3000?

billfremore
03-21-2002, 10:49 PM
I'm going to Disneyworld April 8th I can take a look and see what's available.

Eternal Padawan
06-04-2002, 08:51 PM
I'm still waiting on that green R2-A6 Hasbro.

Hop to it.

DarthBrandon
06-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Never ever heard of this. I hope this could be true, but if it's not I'll live.

Croaker
06-05-2002, 06:07 AM
Check the main page. They are making the 2 droids. There is even a picture of one packaged.

Eternal Padawan
06-05-2002, 10:31 AM
Ach! Where's the R2-A6? Or the R2-D2 and C-3PO? And why only at the resorts? It's not like most of us live in CA or FL. I make it to Disney resorts about once every 28 years. I think they should sell these puppies at the Disney stores in shopping malls all across America. Or at least through the fanclub.

chris
06-07-2002, 07:39 PM
they should be more widely available eventually, but they will probably be expensive online. Either way, it seems like a good idea, and they should be cool figures.

BillyJAck
06-08-2002, 05:22 AM
can someone post a link to these figures in a package someone mentioned on the front page???

billy

Jargo
06-09-2002, 02:15 PM
I think they look like poopy to be honest. If they'd been a lovely shiny R2 and 3PO then i might have got a little moist but these characters could be from any generic 1980's sci-fi crap TV show. And what's more they make the things exclusive to somewhere I haven't a snowballs chance in hell of getting to even if i did want them. Time to vent some in the stop the exclusives petition thread I think.