PDA

View Full Version : question about new figures

Anakin
08-11-2002, 02:11 PM
ok, i read that hasbro was making a new padme arena battle w/more articulation, can anyone else varify this? and also, is there gonna be any new/better obi-wans or anakins, w/o the gimmicks?
post a list of ALL of the figures you KNOW FOR SURE are being made and what they do (if you know) greatly appreciated

Beast
08-11-2002, 02:27 PM
There are alot of rumors for next year, but Hasbro has announced 4 figures for next year. Here's what is guranteed to be coming in 2003. The rest is mystery and rumors.

Hasbro has said, that they know that people were disapointed with the first Padme. The new one will have extra articulation, and rumored to be untorn, and come with her cape/shawl.

Hasbro said that there is a new R2-D2 w/ Booster Rockets coming next year, as well as Aayla Secura are in the works. We have actually seen design sketches and sculpting models of her.

The only other figure that is confirmed for next year is the Fan Choice Figure #4, which is the Imperial SketchTrooper. Other then that, Hasbro has been keeping things as quiet as usual.

Expect another Obi-Wan, Jango, Anakin, and maybe another Padme beyond the Geonosian Jumpsuit version for next year. As to what they could be, is anyones guess. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
08-11-2002, 03:29 PM
Are there any picyures of the Aayla designs?

Chiesa
08-11-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
There are alot of rumors for next year, but Hasbro has announced 4 figures for next year. Here's what is guranteed to be coming in 2003. The rest is mystery and rumors.

Hasbro has said, that they know that people were disapointed with the first Padme. The new one will have extra articulation, and rumored to be untorn, and come with her cape/shawl.

Would the new Padme still be the same number (can't exactly remember which # is she) or would she be a totally new number # in the collection...

Cheers :D

JEDIpartner
08-11-2002, 03:39 PM
It would be a completely new figure, so it would be a different number.

Chiesa
08-11-2002, 03:50 PM
Thanks JEDIpartnr... But wouldn't it be weird? I guess some people would got their earlier versions of Padme would feel alittle cheesed off? As in if they had waited for alittle while longer they could have gotten a much better version of Padme... Just a feeling of mine as I'm a loose collector... But I'm defintely getting the new one!! :)

Cheers :D

Jek Porky 2002
08-11-2002, 04:06 PM
It would be wierd, but it would never, ever happen, so we can sleep easy tonight!

patchiswelsh
08-12-2002, 04:47 AM
aayla secura designs - http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=8654

And poggle i hope is pretty much in the works

patchiswelsh
08-12-2002, 09:19 AM
I would like Aalyla Secura and Poggle The Lesser to be the first 2 figures of 2003!!!!
Come on!!!!!!

Also in 2003 i think they should focus mainly on Episode 2 characters like this year with a bit from other episodes and then in 2004 split it equally and in 2005 focus on episode 3!!!!!!!!!

JEDIpartner
08-12-2002, 09:25 AM
I've said it, like, 900 times before... Poggle Poggle Poggle!!!!

TylerD
08-12-2002, 09:14 PM
You might think I am stupid, but who is Aayla Secura?

Beast
08-12-2002, 09:17 PM
Why not check the link 3 posts up? :) Aayla Secura is the blue skinned Twi'lek female Jedi that you can see in the arena in AOTC's. You can also check out her charecter databak file at StarWars.Com at the following link. :)

http://starwars.com/databank/character/aaylasecura/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DrewDewce
08-12-2002, 09:33 PM
Hopefully they'll keep mining the other movies for new figs too like Eps 4, 5, & 6. I would love new Bounty Hunter figs to go along with the Darth Vader, Luke, Han, Chewie and Puhr figs we've seen in the Saga line.

Anakin
08-13-2002, 01:30 AM
i personally would like to see new figures of the following:
Obi-Wan (cloth cloak)
Anakin (maybe a deluxe w/swoop, cloth cloak)
Arena Padme (as well as most if not all of her other costumes)
Jango (removeable helmet, holsters, flamer, hook)
Windu (better face! cloth cloak)
Clone Troopers (White, Blue, Green, Yellow)
Ayla Secura (already coming:D)
Cinema Scenes of jedi
and ALL of these have to have no LESS than 12 points of articulation, with both hands able to grab things, maybe make the shoulders ball joints like yoda, and all have to be in neutral poses with no gimmicks/removeable limbs but the jedi hands have to be either a small magnet or the whole hand be one, cuz the one on CC obi-wan looks terrible and it doesn't look right holding the saber, i personally like the cloth jedi cloaks and hope they make a deluxe anakin w/a swoop and the ability to stand w/o looking funny, both obi-wans have been quite disappointing, do i even have to say anything about padme? i know we have many jango's but still..., do i have to say anything about windu? and you ALL want more CT's, well there's my list

Jek Porky 2002
08-13-2002, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the pic Patchiswelsh, I thought you just meant designs on paper, that's almost a prototype!