PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Speeder Box with out window!

Banky
10-18-2001, 01:13 PM
I have asked about this one other forums but no luck as of yet. I gave 6 tri-logo speeder bikes in box. However 4 of them do not have the window that shows the free figure. I got them all from a freind at the same time. I just want to know if one is rare? If so want one? Cant find it in any price guide. Cant even find a widowless one on Ebay! Need a pic let me know

Banky
A cool site
www.FirstStarWars.8k.com

GNT
10-22-2001, 03:00 AM
Firstly its a "Tri-logo speeder bike" without the plastic window,I don't think its rare cause I think anyone could just remove the plastic,plus its a tri-logo,So you wouldn't get much for it to begin with

Banky
10-27-2001, 06:35 PM
You cant remove it. I am not saying the plastic is missing. I am say the box does NOT have a window at all. It's just a normal box like you would see if it didnt have a figure. Why isnt Tri-logo worth anything? I mean I doubt it would be worth more but why less?

GNT
10-27-2001, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Banky
You cant remove it. I am not saying the plastic is missing. I am say the box does NOT have a window at all. It's just a normal box like you would see if it didnt have a figure. Why isnt Tri-logo worth anything? I mean I doubt it would be worth more but why less?

Cause Americans go for american carded figures not Tri-Logo,Since there are more American collectors there is more demand for American Carded figures,plus they(mostly) hate cards with more than one language,so there is a less demand for them and wont be worth as much as an American card!

evenflow
10-29-2001, 08:32 AM
I have the piece you are talking about. There is no window view, it is a closed box. It's nice, but I don't think it is worth much more than a regular version.

Wolfwood319
11-04-2001, 03:34 AM
Ahhh, ye 'olde window-less scout trooper w/ speeder bike. The story goes;

When the POTF2 speeder bike first came out in 1996, there was a problem with production of some sort, making them extremely rare for the first month or two. Rumor was there was a problem with the window packaging and thus domestic production was halted. However, the Tri-Logo version wasn't, and was produced with a full box, with no clear plastic window. Since you couldn't find the new speeder bike here in the states, the new Tri-logo version price skyrocketed to upwards $50.

However, since they eventually produced the speeder bike here in the states, the Tri-logo price dropped drastically. Today they are worth the around the same as the normal version. ($10 or so, not real sure) But as stated earlier, most American collectors don't want Tri-logo stuff, so it would be considerably less. Either way, the speeder bike isn't exactly rare by any standards, and go for the same price, or less, then what they were retail back in '96.

I hope this sheds some light on the subject.