PDA

View Full Version : Wal Mart Cantina sets

brentfett
08-11-2002, 10:52 PM
If this has been discussed before bare with me. I've seen the pics of the first three sets, but are the last three actually confirmed? How would they fit with the other three? If you look the pics of the three we know about they have almost a honey-comb look to the bottom front. Maybe the last three could hook on in front, so instead of the bar it could be tables and chairs. Anybody know?

Beast
08-11-2002, 10:58 PM
Yes the second assortment has been confirmed by Hasbro. It's Kitik Keed'kak, Dr. Evazan, and Wuher. We haven't seen what the bar pieces look like for the second assortment yet though. Hopefully there will be 1 or 2 curved pieces though, to recreate the shape of the bar. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

brentfett
08-11-2002, 11:21 PM
Thanks Jar Jar. By the way, which one of those uglies is Kitik Keed'kak?

Beast
08-11-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by brentfett
Thanks Jar Jar. By the way, which one of those uglies is Kitik Keed'kak?
She's the praying mantis type alien sitting at the bar in the background. Here are links to her Decipher CCG card and StarWars.com charecter databank file. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=48880

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/kitikkeedkak/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
08-12-2002, 01:17 AM
Geeze JarJarBinks, that looks to be a very boring figure if you ask me. Looks like a bug or something along those lines.:eek:

JEDIpartner
08-12-2002, 08:22 AM
She's Zorak's girlfriend.

TylerD
08-12-2002, 08:12 PM
LOL Jedipartnr! By the way, Somebody left a cake out in the rain! Oh no!

I like the idea of the cantina sets, but I wish that Hasbro would have made 6 new figures instead of only one. They should have done Jerricho, Hem Dazon, Dice Ibegon - Characters like that. Kitik Keed'kak is the only one I am looking forward to.

Hellboy
08-12-2002, 08:36 PM
Since all 3 of the bar pieces so far are straight wouldn't they need to make 2 curved pieces along with 3 more straight ones in order for us to get an accurate looking bar? I can't remember if the bar was a complete oval or in a horseshoe shape. Either way it would still come out to be 7 or 8 pieces to do it correctly and all we've seen confirmed are the 6. I suppose they could keep adding to it but I'm betting they're all gonna be straight:mad:

jonboy
08-12-2002, 09:18 PM
Not really Hellboy. 2 of the second wave sets could come with curved sections and 1 straight. With a total of both waves that would come to 4 straight sections and 2 curved. You could attach 2 straight sections on each side of the 2 curved parts put together and have the whole bar.

hango fett
08-12-2002, 09:26 PM
i can't wait to find these in stores! wonder how much they will be on e-bay for on the first week of there release....??

Beast
08-12-2002, 09:30 PM
Hango, Yakface is reporting that they are showing up at Wal-Mart's now, so it shouldn't be to much longer. Greedo is short-packed. But that doesn't matter, as he was the one people complained about the most. :)

Wal-Mart Cantina Figures OUT
August 12, 2002 | 8:58 AM EST | Bill

Darth Evicerous just wrote in to report finding the new Wal-Mart Exclusive Cantina figures in Mesa, Arizona! He writes:

"Hey, just found Greedo, Hammerhead [Momaw Nadon], and Walrusman [Ponda Baba] at Walmart in Mesa, AZ. $9.96 each. 2x Greedo, and 3x each of the other two in the case of 8."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
08-12-2002, 09:38 PM
Yeah I suppose that would be better than 6 straight pieces even if it would make for a very small bar. If they did do it that way and the sets sell well they could give us 2 more straight pieces in the future for a bigger bar I suppose. In a perfect world they would give us some more unproduced Cantina Aliens to accompany these sets, perhaps they could come in booths or with a table and chairs.:)