PDA

View Full Version : They TRICKED me!!!?

Darth Vellner
08-12-2002, 02:22 AM
Has anyone been Tricked????

Three or more times I've been walking to the toy section and from a distance looking over the star wars section. and, as I get closer and closer I think I see NEW FIGURES . But, when I reach the shelves its just the new action fleet stuff ON THE SAME "SAGA" CARDS!!!!!!!????? What!!!???????!!!!

HEY!! Action Fleet...GET YOUR OWN CARDS

Action fleet is fine (I don't collect it ) but the package looks just like the saga action figures. And, are set up right next to them.

With all the new "pack-in" stuff like: luke, vader, padme,Teemto,chewbacca,Ect. it makes them look like a new figure with Crazy new pack-in stuff ...from a distance..

They Trick Me! What about you?:frus: :D

DarthBrandon
08-12-2002, 02:28 AM
I can't say I've been tricked Darth Vellner, but I would like to say that I liked the different style packaging that they used for the lines in the past. The new stuff does make it hard to determine from a distance, what exactly it is, you are looking at.:)

LTBasker
08-12-2002, 07:57 AM
Yeah, it really sucks that the Action Fleet stuff has to use Saga's style packaging cause when they were first out, they had some great packaging!

Although actually Micro-Machines had the blue packaging before figures, if you saw them during Episode 1, instead of the red Maul packaging, they had blue Obi-Wan packaging. ;)

Darth Vellner
08-12-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Although actually Micro-Machines had the blue packaging before figures, if you saw them during Episode 1, instead of the red Maul packaging, they had blue Obi-Wan packaging. ;)

I remember that packaging, It was very cool looking

I think I like the blue cards most of all for the Star Wars toy line
But, blue is my favorite COLOR

stad
08-12-2002, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I'll admit it fooled me for a few seconds today at Target. They had the Droid's escape pod and Dewback patrol. Nice looking set, though.

hango fett
08-12-2002, 04:04 PM
i barley saw the action fleet when we got them. they were on a bottom shelf at meijers. they had 2 of each with the exception of x-wing.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-12-2002, 04:13 PM
I must be really weak-minded because that happened to me twice in the same visit with two different action fleet items. You know how it is, you scan the pegs and anything different looking you stop and grab.

The only place I've seen them is at Target. They sort of bug me because they're taking up valuable pegwarmer space which right now is at a premium due to the stores being reset for fall.

LTBasker
08-12-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
The only place I've seen them is at Target. They sort of bug me because they're taking up valuable pegwarmer space which right now is at a premium due to the stores being reset for fall.

They're TARGET exclusives. The regular ships are the only non-exclusive Action Fleet.

RooJay
08-12-2002, 04:43 PM
I was never fooled by them, but I actually love that they put them in the same style packaging as the figures. It reminds me of the time, way back when, when all Star Wars toys came in the same packaging style. Back during the Vintage Kenner days everything from Figures to playsets to Role Play toys to Ride-ons had the same black background with the silver border, and all was beautiful!

LusiferSam
08-12-2002, 08:45 PM
Target got me last week. I was searching the figures and thought I had found a new one. D'oh!

stad
08-13-2002, 12:34 AM
I'd have to agree with that Roojay, that black packaging with the stars.

Jayspawn
08-13-2002, 12:59 AM
I don't mind the Action Fleet in the Saga packaging. I think it looks kinda nice. It makes the ships look cool.

Master Goeweins
08-13-2002, 03:21 PM
so, what exactly are you upset about? Did you trip over something because of it, or are you just mad because they made you run? :p