PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Question

Bobajames
08-12-2002, 04:11 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong topic to post under, but i didn't figure it was under buy/sell or trade cuz im just asking where i could find something.
Does anyone know where i might be able to find a jedi robe that would look darned close to Obi Wan's? I saw some factory made one's and i don't really think to highly of factory costume apparel. I'm putting together a star wars costume for me n my girlfriend for halloween (as im sure many of my geeky comrades will do also this halloween). If anyone has any of these factory ones, a review would also be helpful!
Thanks!! :)

P.S. any patterns will help too!!

LTBasker
08-12-2002, 05:47 PM
You can usually find the basic pattern if you look for it, basically all it is is a basic cloak with basic fabric, nothing really complex. You might try looking for places that make capes and cloaks or something like that for it. Hope that helps.

Beast
08-12-2002, 06:05 PM
I know one place that sells prop replica robes and such for costumes. I want to get around to ordering their Imperial Officer cap sometime soon. The robe is near the top of the second page.

The robe is $75.00 plus $20.00 shipping though. They also have Obi-Wan's complete outfit minus the cloak for $145.00 plus $20.00 shipping. They also have the boots, but those are another $175.00 plus $20.00 shipping.

Here is a link to the site, and I will attach a picture of the full outifit including the cloak. It's pretty expensive, but they seem to do a really nice job on their prop replica costumes. :)

http://www.theproppalace.com/starwars.htm
http://www.theproppalace.com/starwars2.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bobajames
08-12-2002, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the help you guys, ive been searchin the net for a couple days and most of the sites ive found for making patterns for costumes are from episode 1 and have very little info ( plus i don't have too much access to a sewing machine and i know hand sewing is gonna take as many days as halloween is away!)