PDA

View Full Version : What figure is going to be made next? Just check the cast sheet for starters.

OriginalBryGuy
08-12-2002, 04:45 PM
Most characters who get credited at the end of the Star Wars movies seem to get figures made before EU figures. If you had to make an educated choice about who HASBRO has in store next, just highlight which figures in the cast list haven't been made into figures yet.

Going on that here's a list (from imdb.com) of Episode II.

Ewan McGregor.... Obi-Wan Kenobi
Natalie Portman .... Padmé Amidala
Hayden Christensen .... Anakin Skywalker
Christopher Lee .... Count Dooku aka Syfo-Dyas aka Darth Tyranus
Samuel L. Jackson .... Mace Windu
Frank Oz .... Yoda (voice)
Ian McDiarmid .... Supreme Chancellor Palpatine aka Darth Sidious
Temuera Morrison .... Jango Fett
Daniel Logan (II) .... Boba Fett
Jack Thompson (I) .... Cliegg Lars
Jimmy Smits .... Senator Bail Organa
Pernilla August .... Shmi Skywalker-Lars
Joel Edgerton .... Owen Lars
Leanna Walsman .... Zam Wesell (as Leeanna Walsman)
Ahmed Best .... Representative Jar Jar Binks / Achk Med-Beq (voice)
Bonnie Piesse .... Beru
Rose Byrne .... Dormé
Jay Laga'aia .... Captain Typho
Oliver Ford Davies .... Conselor Sio Bibble
Ron Falk .... Dexter Jettster (voice) (as Ronald Falk) (voice)
Kenny Baker (I) .... R2-D2
Andrew Secombe .... Watto (voice) (as Andy Secombe)
Silas Carson .... Viceroy Nute Gunray / Ki-Adi-Mundi
Anthony Daniels .... C-3PO
Ayesha Dharker .... Queen Jamillia
Rena Owen .... Taun We (voice)
Anthony Phelan .... Prime Minister Lama Su (voice)
Alethea McGrath .... Madame Jocasta Nu
Susie Porter .... Hermione Bagwa / WA-7 (voice)
Matt Doran .... Elan Sleazebaggano
Alan Ruscoe .... Plo Koon
Matt Sloan (II) .... Plo Koon
Veronica Segura .... Cordé
David Bowers (II) .... Vice Chairman Mas Amedda
Steve John Shepherd .... Naboo Lieutenant
Bodie Taylor .... Clone Trooper
Matthew Rowan (II) .... Senator Orn Free Taa
Stephen Boyle .... Senator Ask Aak / Magistrate Passel Argente
Zac Jensen .... Kit Fisto
Alex Knoll .... J.K. Burtola
Phoebe Yiamkiati .... Mari Amithest
Jerome Blake .... Oppo Rancisis
Hassani Shapi .... Eeth Koth
Gin Clarke .... Adi Gallia (as Gin)
Khan Bonfils .... Saesee Tiin
Michaela Cottrell .... Even Piell
Dipika O'Neill Joti .... Depa Billaba
Juan Sánchez (VII) .... Temple Jedi
Ian Watkin .... COO-2180
Chris Truswell .... President Shu Mai / Chairman San Hill / Foreman Wat Tambor / RIC-920 / Lieutenant Sun Fac / Lieutenant Sun Rit (voice)
rest of cast listed alphabetically
William Clay .... Senator Ister Paddie (uncredited)
C. Michael Easton .... Bus Driver (uncredited)
Nalini Krishan .... Jedi Apprentice Barriss Offee (uncredited)
Jett Lucas .... Young Padawan at Jedi Library (uncredited)
Katie Lucas .... Pink Twi'lek Girl at Coruscant Bar (uncredited)
Hayley Mooy .... Pooja Naberrie (scenes deleted)
Liam Neeson .... Qui-Gon Jinn (uncredited) (voice) (archive footage)
Mary Oyaya .... Luminara Unduli (uncredited)
Steve Sauers .... Senator Ronet Coorr (uncredited)
P. Kevin Scott .... Freighter Dock Worker (uncredited)
Keira Wingate .... Ryoo Naberrie (scenes deleted)
Eric Wong .... Temple Jedi (uncredited)

It should also be mentioned that if the major stars change outfits (and they do) count on a figure being made..

The official site (http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/cast.html) lists these.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Padmé
Anakin Skywalker
Count Dooku
Mace Windu
Yoda
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
Shmi Skywalker
Jango Fett
Senator Bail Organa
Cliegg Lars
Zam Wesell
Jar Jar Binks
Dormé
Sio Bibble
Dexter Jettster
Captain Typho
Watto
C-3PO
Ki-Adi-Mundi & Nute Gunray
Queen Jamillia
Boba Fett
Owen Lars
Beru
Lama Su
Taun We
Madame Jocasta Nu
Hermione Bagwa
Elan Sleazebaggano
Lott Dod
Plo Koon
Cordé
Mas Amedda
Naboo Lieutenant
Clone Trooper
Senator Orn Free Taa
Senator Ask Aak
Kit Fisto
J.K.Burtola
Mari Amithest
R2-D2
Oppo Rancisis
Eeth Koth
Adi Gallia
Saesee Tiin
Even Piell
Depa Billaba

:D

Beast
08-12-2002, 04:47 PM
The cast list never proves who will be made next. Just look at the E1 line, as well as the OT figures. There are alot of charecters that appear in those cast lists, that haven't gotten made as figures yet. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OriginalBryGuy
08-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Here we go again....

I didn't say it proves who'll be made next. I said it's a good place to look for "likely" figures to be made next.

If you check the credits, I think you'll notice that most of those in the cast list did, (at some point in the history of star wars figures) did get a figure.

RooJay
08-12-2002, 05:23 PM
Naturally.

Jargo
08-12-2002, 07:18 PM
What gives with the I and II in the IMDB listing? Although i thank you for the fuller cast list (giving me a chance to put actors to characters I wouldn't have got otherwise) Half of those will never get figures made of them such as background temple Jedi or characters like Ronet Coorr. Not until Hasbro runs out of more exciting characters either from a dramatic POV or a visual one.

The Naberrie family are only a consideration if they are added onto the DVD and become film lore like the salvage droid that just packed with Teemto Pagalies. Otherwise they'll go the way of Fixer and Camie from ANH and disappear into the blue horizon of obscurity.

The main senators are possibilities as villains, villains are good especially if they're visually interesting like Wat Tambor. Or if they form a part of the hero group like Bail Organa who will play a larger part in star wars history. Characters like the bus driver and the dock worker aren't likey to get made. The Naboo Lieutenent in his blue uniform is a possibility as a possible army builder though to compliment what's already been done for episode one and to compliment the figures of Padme and Typho.
It's really logic and assumption when you get down to it. And then you have to second guess the Hasbro machine and the LFL intervention. Like they held Shmi back until closer to the release of AOTC because of her role in the movie.

At the end of the day though you could sit here for years debating this issue of what's coming next and still be way off beam. It's easier to just sit it out and wait until fall/winter when the new stuff gets announced at the next round of conventions and toyshows. I still have eighteen items on my shopping list out of this years releases. I'd rather concentrate my efforts on that than sit around like Uncle Remus pontificating on this. I'm gonna try to avoid these kind of threads in future. It's just cyclic anyway and there's only so many times you can go round in circles before you start to feel a little queasy.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-12-2002, 08:36 PM
I seriously can't wait for them to make the action figure for the Bus Driver. C. Michael Eastons performance was chilling!! :D

Anakin
08-13-2002, 01:39 AM
count dooku aka darth tyrannus aka syfo dias?
where does it say that dooku is syfo dias? it doesn't so don't assume anything, for all we know it could've been the real syfo dias that ordered the clones cuz he sensed the dark sides presence was growing

Beast
08-13-2002, 09:35 AM
Anakin, that's because that's a cast list from IMDB.com. Most of the information on the site is supplied by fans, so there are always errors that slip thru. Count Dooku is not Sifo Dyas, though he may have posed as him when ordering the clones. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

cptpinkerton
08-13-2002, 11:20 AM
What!!?
The next figures from the Star Wars line will ACTUALLY be figures from the movie?
Madness.

OriginalBryGuy
08-14-2002, 03:16 PM
I don't think you guys understand what I'm trying to do here.

Day in, day out we read posts from people who obviously have no clue as to what figures are going to come out next. They speculate endlessly about upcoming figures with nothing to back it up based on something they've "heard".

Me...I'd rather just wait to see what comes out and not worry about it, but not all can wait so....in an effort to help people make a somewhat educated guess, I thought I'd post the info. Yea, it's obvious to most, but if you're going to start anywhere, that's where to do it.

Sure, it's not going to help more veteran collectors, but, for those new to Star Wars collecting (and those figures are growing everyday) it might be usefull info. :D

I'd like to use the forums to help others, not mock them.