PDA

View Full Version : Whats The WORST POTJ Figure?

GNT
08-17-2001, 06:38 AM
well well well,heaps of bad figures out in the collecting community

But which one is the Worst? Worst Detail? Bad Weapons? Horrible Force File picture/info? etc

Worst? what can I say the first few waves with Maul -Break apart and that,Just horrible IMO!

Who is the WORST in your opinion?

Thoughts?

Starfig873
08-17-2001, 07:06 AM
Hmm..Everyone knows that Choco Wan sucks sooo....I think I'll say Moisture Farmer Qui-Gonn. His arms are all goofy and stuff.:p

evenflow
08-17-2001, 07:57 AM
Crusade Maul
Cold weather Obi-Wan

QLD
08-17-2001, 08:47 AM
Chocobi-Wan gets my current vote, but Amanaman and Ephont Man are my future predictions.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-17-2001, 10:05 AM
evenflow I am soooo shocked! The ColdB1 figure is the best sculpt of him to date! What's not to like, except that it's a freakin' EU figure.

Definitely the worst is Bobby Fisher Chewie. He's a one-pose wonder and that's it. The only thing he's good for besides target practice with my .22 is if you're making a Millenium Falcon ANH diorama and want to get that single pose in.

Sith Worm
08-17-2001, 10:52 AM
Co-co covered Obi. gets the vote in Texas! I agree on the Chewie though he isn't good for poses at all. If they would have made his elbows jointed whole new ball game ,but they didn't though they are learning did you see that Impieral officer that can put his hands behind his back and stand at attention! Sweet!

pthfnder89
08-17-2001, 12:46 PM
I'm honestly tempted to say Aurra Sing (quickly ducks a hundreds of chocoWans being thrown at him by angry Sing fans)

It's not that there isn't anything good about her, she does have one blaster holster, and the likeness is pretty good. It's just that she was the biggest disappointment for me by far. I couldn't care less that she's missing her antennae, but why why why why why did they give her those horrible hip joints and NO waist movement. I've been trying to rationalize that ever sincve I got her and I just can't, besides sheer laziness.

This doesn't necessarily make her the worst POTJ figure, just the most dissappointing one to me.

Fulit
08-17-2001, 01:36 PM
I can't think of a more pointless resculpt than Mechanic Anakin. Articulated knees, whoopty-doo.

JEDIpartner
08-17-2001, 01:49 PM
Magic Shell Obi-Wan
Extra-large hands Farmer Qui-Gon (good for milking Banthas)
Mechanakin

everything after those was pretty good.

SaeseeTiin
08-17-2001, 02:31 PM
I agree with most of you, with the worst being:
Mechanic Anakin: What is the point?
Dejerak Chewie: Can only do one pose.
Moisture Qui-Gon: Hands can't hold lightsaber.

PloKoon2385
08-17-2001, 04:55 PM
I'd proably have to say.......Boba Fett......no no no, i was kidding! I would really have to say that Darth Ma/ul is my least favorite. He is useless, unless you like pushing his top half over and over again and laughing relentlessly at him, while his bottom half just stands there. Ok so I did it for about an hour.....Anyways, I didn't even buy Obi Wan with Chocolate shell. So I don't know if he is bad or not. BOO for Ma/ul!

GNT
08-17-2001, 10:40 PM
*GNT picks up loose ChocoObi figures and throws them at pthfnder89!*

Take that!

12inch Lando
08-18-2001, 03:06 PM
Super Tongue Jar-Jar sucks but I'm biased aginst the character so my feeling are unclear on the matter.

ChacObi-Wan definitely both sucks and blows at the same time.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
08-18-2001, 04:14 PM
Magic Shell Obi-Wan, for sheer uselessness and an unimpressive resculpt, is bad, then that stupid break-apart Maul. We in no way needed these figures, especially with the marginally superior two-pack figures (which are sitting on shelves in my area beside their POTJ counterparts). At least there was a point to Qui-Gon, since the Eopie is nowhere to be seen in the states. But the most annoying to me is Jar-Jar with Big Long Tounge. As if the character isn't irritating enough, they have to make this annoying figure of him to take up space in an otherwise awesome wave of figures. Plllllllllpt.:p

2-1B
08-18-2001, 04:29 PM
I somewhat agree with pthfnder89. While I would not label Aurra Sing as the worst POTJ figure, she might be the most disappointing to me. Her goofy stance really limits her display value!

Kneelin' MechAni is definitely the worst IMO.

bigbarada
08-18-2001, 05:39 PM
There are so many bad figures I really can't decide. Of course the easy choices: Anakin Mechanic, Magic Shell OB1, Moist Farmer Qui-Gonn, Break-Apart Maul.

I realy liked the Tatooine JarJar, and if you're a little creative you can put him in many different poses.

Aurra Sing has a sculpt only a die-hard fan could love.

The only figure that really ticked me off was Naboo Escape Artoo, just a totally useless disappointment. Why release a new figure when it's clearly inferior to previous releases? Namely COMMTECH Artoo. It just makes me mad.:mad: Really mad!:mad: :mad:

Really, really, mad!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

humsup
08-18-2001, 08:18 PM
Chocobi-Wan is no doubt the worse figure I've seen.

the master jedi
08-18-2001, 08:31 PM
In my opinion the figures get worse the more time they resculpt them. Now if I only have to choose one I'd choose the Anakin mechanic.

badtaste
08-19-2001, 02:00 PM
The Bespin guy from the freezing playset is maybe even the worst figure of all times.

Fulit
08-19-2001, 02:05 PM
HEY! badtaste may be right, I forgot about the horrible Bespin Guard pack-in. The spaces between the top of his legs and his crotch are big enough to slide a womp rat through.

GNT
08-20-2001, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by badtaste
The Bespin guy from the freezing playset is maybe even the worst figure of all times.

How can anyone forget aboutthat piece of Plastic!

hairless chewie
08-20-2001, 01:32 AM
Bespin Freeze chamber Guard is the worst by far. Magic shell wasn't the worst, just the biggest rip-off. At least we didn't get a death pose Qui-Gonn.

JediTricks
08-21-2001, 01:20 AM
Chocobi-Wan, especially when compared to the previous Ep 1 Obi-Wan. I never thought I'd see an Obi-Wan that was worse than a Maul in the same wave.

badtaste
08-21-2001, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Chocobi-Wan, especially when compared to the previous Ep 1 Obi-Wan. I never thought I'd see an Obi-Wan that was worse than a Maul in the same wave.

What is this figure and why are you calling him chocobi-wan?

The Bald Ewok
08-22-2001, 11:15 AM
You know the Ketwol figure still has me disappointed. I am sorry but I cant get over the tusks being upside down. If its supposed to be an Episode 1 figure then why not market as such. But as it stands being part of the SE. its terrible!

JediCole
08-22-2001, 11:32 AM
My vote is split between the pointless "MechAnikan" with the questionable accessory and "Choco-Wan" Kenobi with the Willy Wonka produced Jedi cape/shell. These are the kinds of figures that give resculpts a bad name.

badtaste
08-22-2001, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by JediCole
My vote is split between the pointless "MechAnikan" with the questionable accessory and "Choco-Wan" Kenobi with the Willy Wonka produced Jedi cape/shell. These are the kinds of figures that give resculpts a bad name.

Choco-Wan" Kenobi with the Willy Wonka produced Jedi cape/shell.
...please tell me, wich figure is this?!?

badtaste
08-22-2001, 02:07 PM
oooooooooh, now I remember, oh jeah that figure is terrible. Hehehe

Lman316
08-25-2001, 07:18 PM
My vote goes to Aurra Sing.
Like others have said, the hip joints suck; only one holster is "functional" and the accessories are horrible (they're like putty, but most POTJ accessories are like that, ex: Bespin Leia).

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-26-2001, 10:02 PM
Dejerak Chewie: Can only do one pose.

Yes, but if you take Jabba's Dancers and maybe if you are really creative, a joking jar jar, and combine them with Chewie--put them in their appropriate positions and viola--you have created your own mini sleazly strip joint.

Not that I would--I don't own any of the figs I mentioned above.

Neo Solo
08-26-2001, 11:54 PM
So many of the POTJ figures are truly awe inspiring. (Too strong?) The ones that suck beyond all recognition are:

Anakin Mech
Chocobi-Wan
Moist Qui-Gon
Aura Sing (So much potential!!!! Such a shame)
Apprentice Maul

Quite possibly General Leia. Don't yet have her.

Apart from these, the rest really are good.

Bald Ewok: Iknow what you mean about the tusks of Ketwol. I noticed the same thing. I just melted mine. NOW they point upwards!!!!!!

Lobito
08-27-2001, 04:30 PM
I'll have to say the dirty Scout trooper...whats the purpose of this one if we have just two Ewoks!!!

PloKoon2385
08-27-2001, 10:18 PM
Dirty scout trooper is there so we can actually GET some! I mean I never even SAW a clean one in the store, I bought mine online.

pthfnder89
08-27-2001, 10:52 PM
I'm totally with you on that one Plo, my man. I never saw a single clean Trooper in any store, but about 1 1/2 months ago I was finally able to pick up about 4 or five in one day.

Clean or dirty, I'm just freakin glad I found any!

Fulit
08-27-2001, 10:54 PM
I was so ****ed when they came out w/ General Leia! Esp. cause I bought an extra Hoth Leia and Minted Millennium Whatever Coin Leia for the express purpose of making my own General Leia! ARRGHHH!

GNT
11-07-2001, 01:43 AM
Thought I'd bump this topic back to the top :)

GNT
11-07-2001, 01:54 AM
Han Solo - DSE and Luke - X-wing take the title of the worst figure!

Dark Knight
11-14-2001, 08:46 PM
It must be Lando w/ that %$## cape.

GNT
11-15-2001, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Lobito
I'll have to say the dirty Scout trooper...whats the purpose of this one if we have just two Ewoks!!!

You could use the vintage ones,the Ewok 2pack,princess leia 2 pack and the Galaxy Ewok version plus the upcoming 2 POTJ figures to verse your Dirty Scout

browndroid
11-20-2001, 04:11 PM
have we all forgoten about "monkey face" leia????? c'mon she is definetly the worst!;)

Wolfwood319
11-20-2001, 11:53 PM
She's not POTJ.

GNT
11-22-2001, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
She's not POTJ.

She is a He-POTF2 figure!!! ;)

JediChrisnet
11-23-2001, 01:09 PM
break-o-art maul and choco obi wan- they are terrible! The obi is almost an exact replica of the first E1 obi.

Darth Rage
11-25-2001, 08:58 PM
The Obi Wan Kenobi, in jedi training gear. I don't know what kind of pose he's suppost to be doing but I think hes pretty bad. :evil: