PDA

View Full Version : Death Star Set Conspiracy!

sith_killer_99
08-12-2002, 07:59 PM
I have come to warn of the conspiracy by Hasbro.

As many of you may know, there is a sad addiction slowly weaving it's way through our ranks. It started right here with Tycho and has consumed many of us here on SSG.

I admit that I too have fallen prey to the mouse droid. YES, I have sniffed the mouse droid. And I'm not ashamed to admit it.

But there is a NEW conspiracy by Hasbro. A conspiracy to get us all hooked!!!

I am talking about the new Death Star Accessory Set!

NO, it's not what you think. I am NOT talking about the new improved Ultra Motorized Awesome Mouse Droid (AKA.....UMA Mouse). No...I am talking about the new Trooper himself!!!

That's right! I have personally examined the "New" Death Star Trooper. Oh, sure it "appears" to be the exact same Death Star Trooper from the old FF line....right down to it's little 1998 LFL footsie stamp and it's peramanant chin stap.

But beware! He's not molded from the same plastic as our harmless little friend from 1998. Oh no!

After opening one of the new sets I am CONVINCED that he is mfg. from the exact same plastic as all the mouse droids.

Now I'm not saying that this is a bad thing...everything in moderation. I just want everyone to be careful. This set should NOT...I repeat...should NOT be opened by rookies, or those that have a history of addiction.

That is all. :zzz:

Beast
08-12-2002, 08:07 PM
I just checked mine, and you are half right. The rest of the figure is the same as the 1998 version, nice sturdy hard plastic. But check the legs. They are the new softer plastic, and have that nice PVC plastic scent to them. I haven't checked my original, but I wonder if they altered the legs so he's in less of a running pose. Even if they didn't, the new legs are definatly the newer plastic. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
08-12-2002, 08:35 PM
Indeed you are correct my good man. It is the legs, but trust me the combination of the new legs and UMA mouse is a strong combination.

As for the leg pose
I'm sorry to say
I'm sad to report
I haven't seen any change of that sort

On the bright side
what a wonder
a prepose
Hasbro one pose wonder

Hey, give me a break, my daughter is 6 months old. It's bound to affect me.;)

TylerD
08-12-2002, 08:36 PM
I don't have EITHER of the Death Star Troopers, and now I am feeling sad. :( ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-12-2002, 09:07 PM
I'm just totally lost right now!

corporal AMF
08-12-2002, 10:03 PM
HMMMMM new plastic.......that smelll.......HMMMMMMMMMM

:D:D:D:D:D:D

AdmiralPiett
08-12-2002, 11:07 PM
But can it beat the smell of the inside of a new Hot Wheels car carry case?

Jayspawn
08-13-2002, 12:03 AM
I have noticed the plastic on the new Death Star Trooper. I don't mind too much, I really like the Death Star Trooper. People have told me I look like him, weird.

pthfnder89
08-13-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I haven't checked my original, but I wonder if they altered the legs so he's in less of a running pose.

Nope, the new Death Star Set Trooper is exactly the same mold as the original POTF2 Trooper. But I will say that my new accessory set Trooper stands up MUCH better than my original. Maybe the original's legs are a little warped but it has never been able to stand unassisted. Oh well, I'm going to customize both of them into normal stances anyway :D

Adam
08-13-2002, 02:08 AM
This is off topic, but Jedi_Master_Guyute your avatar is great! Gotta love those mooninites!

Darth Sidious
08-13-2002, 07:51 AM
I'll never get to smell him! The newest thing my Target has is Captain Typho! Grr... :mad:

Jargo
08-13-2002, 07:56 AM
You should smell the Buzz Lightyear toys. YEESH!!!! :crazed: if you think the mouse droid is high then these toys will knock your socks off. Is it legal to sell stuff that smells that strong to children....? :eek:

Beast
08-13-2002, 09:03 AM
I think everyone that is in the toy industry today got hooked smelling action figures back in the 80's. They got addicted to sniffing Moss Man and especially Stinkor from the old Masters of the Universe line. Then when they got into the toy industry they pushed for more powerful smells to feed their need to sniff. So blame MOTU for the current fun PVC plastic smell. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-13-2002, 09:42 AM
I actually REMEMBER sniffing Moss Man as a kid!! he smelled funky!!!

Adam- thanks for the kudos on the avatar. They're excellent spellers! Challenge them both!!!

S3PO
08-13-2002, 05:45 PM
Actually, the vintage SW figures had their smell too. Does anyone still have a vintage TIE Pilot that still has his distinct smell? Mine does. :)

JEDIpartner
08-13-2002, 06:03 PM
Back to the subject... I didn't get the original DST so I am happy that I got this one. So... if you feel that Hasblah slighted you, sorry. As for me... I'm happy I got anything resembling the DST.

sith_killer_99
08-13-2002, 07:43 PM
Ah, yes I am VERY thankful to Hasbro for mass producing/re-releasing this figure. IMHO it is one of the best ideas Hasbro has had in a LONG time.

I like the whole idea of these "Army Builder Accessory Sets".:D

The only small complaint I would have is that we need more of them!:D