PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions Answered by someone who works at Hasbro!

Paul-Kenobi
08-12-2002, 10:15 PM
I was talkin to this guy who works for Hasbro On Yahoo Voice chat. He is legit cuase he knows alot of **** so he just has to work for it he said he dose Prototypes

Republic Gunship

it should be out in 8 days Hopefully

he said on the gunship there should be a hole where you can put a Blast Effect on it somewhere he wasnt sure where.

anakin TA wave is it out ?

yes its out right now.

why dose it take so long for figures to get to some places ?

well as you know they come form asia and they usely get in to Cal first and go form west cost to east cost so just has to wait.

Dose Count Dooku have a back grund card ?

Indeed he dose you can find it in one and 200 cases

Expanded Universe figures ?

I've Made prototypes but there no plans for them yet

Another Obi-Wan Figure???

no plans for that one yet but it may happin soon maybe 2003 or 2004

Another Count Dooku figure ?

no plans for that yet but there is a Unleached figure comeing out.

Speeder Bike With Clone trooper ?

thats comeing out before Xmas and it has removeable armor and helmat.

Another Yoda Figure ???

there is Another yoda figure comeing out but i don't know when but you should expect to see more like a 12" or unleached or another 3"

Is The Bespin Luke Stumped Metal Version Being Replaced with the Peg version ?

No we make both but we make less Bloody Hand version but there out there.

is it ture the text on the Count Dooku Saber Text on the boc being changed to Darth Tyrannus Lightsbaer ?

Yes it is you'll see it soon.

Jedi Points ?

Save them there plaing on doing something with frato Lays or somethin like that to come out with something i don't know what but its comeing out real soon.

2003 Figures ?

where allways Experamenting with figures we have that Twilek Jedi ocmeing out soon from Episode II

Anakin with Jedi Robe

Never know where allways tlakin aobut stuff but you know even if you see something for 2 sec you can bet it will be a figure.

Bespin Icecream Maker figure ?

like i said if hes in the moive 2 sec you bet it will be out but thats Dead News on that one. Obi Potission that we got for a General Nadem Figure so you might see him soon.

Dose the Deluxe Flying Geonoisian really fly ?

No. Not really LOL i wish it did though.

the Next Wave of 12" after the Dooku wave when thats comeing out ?

in two mouths

i would of asked him more but..... some Hakcer came in and booted us out and i couldnt find him......

SuperBattleDroid88
08-12-2002, 10:59 PM
Some good information there!
Thanks!!!!!!!!! :)

Beast
08-12-2002, 11:27 PM
Sounds like someone making you think he's working for Hasbro. Especially if he told you that Dooku had a background. Backgrounds were discontinued at figure 16, they never made one for Dooku.

Most of the info he gave you is info that most fans have known about for months, and alot of things he was vague or totally wrong about. Paul, sorry to tell you, but from what I read, that wasn't a Hasbro Employee. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stad
08-12-2002, 11:32 PM
Yeah, this doesn't sound too legit to me. On Yahoo chat I can be a teenage lesbian and make it sound real. I would suggest extreme scepticism.

pthfnder89
08-12-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Sounds like someone making you think he's working for Hasbro. Especially if he told you that Dooku had a background. Backgrounds were discontinued at figure 16, they never made one for Dooku.

Most of the info he gave you is info that most fans have known about for months, and alot of things he was vague or totally wrong about. Paul, sorry to tell you, but from what I read, that wasn't a Hasbro Employee. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The comments on the Bespin Luke were also wrong. A variation like the metal to plastic peg on that figure is a permenent, running production change. Once the plastic pegged versions start being produced, it means the magnet versions have stopped being made completely.

I'm afraid someone is definitely yanking your chain Paul, sorry about that.

Paul-Kenobi
08-13-2002, 01:20 AM
damn Haggled he shall pay.........

sorry aobut that though guys i though he was. but if you guys say so then allright.

rynobot
08-13-2002, 01:25 AM
hey Paul, play with the guy a little bit then when he deosn't excpect it, bang, call him a [EDITED].

Mod Note: Edited for content.
DA

Paul-Kenobi
08-13-2002, 01:27 AM
Nah its done and over with the dude lied and wellnow i don't care wether i see him or not.

Nexu
08-13-2002, 01:29 AM
What's his Yahoo sn?

Paul-Kenobi
08-13-2002, 01:35 AM
shredman22

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 03:39 AM
A robed Anakin!
Just what I want....
YAY!

2-1B
08-13-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
A robed Anakin!
Just what I want....
YAY!

Huh? What are you excited for, the guy never confirmed it. We don't even know if he's legit.
:)

No worries Paul, even if the guy is a fraud, he's at least more creative in his answers than Hasbro's PR guys. ;)

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 04:00 AM
True, but my hopes a high for a robed Annie in 2003.
Are yours?

2-1B
08-13-2002, 04:05 AM
No.

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 04:10 AM
Why?

Sometimes I dont understand some people...

2-1B
08-13-2002, 04:23 AM
Geonosian -
They couldn't bother to put robes on my 12" Ani, so I could care less if they put a robe on a 3 3/4" Ani. Besides, I hate plastic capes for the most part, I'd much prefer a cloth cape. However if they make a cloth robed Ani anything like the Starpilot Obi, I wouldn't be interested anyway. ;)

Jargo
08-13-2002, 08:10 AM
It's sad that somebody would go to the trouble of actually pretending to be someone from Hasbro. Even down to mimmicking the company spiel. What is the point of that? To make someone feel big about themselves for duping a young lad and making a fool of him. People who do that sort of thing make me want to reach for the cricket bat and go BASHING HEADS!!!!!!! :crazed:

Damn instant messenger/chatroom crap........*mumble mutter grumble...*

patchiswelsh
08-13-2002, 08:19 AM
Paul did he say anymore about The Aayla Secura Figure

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Geonosian -
They couldn't bother to put robes on my 12" Ani, so I could care less if they put a robe on a 3 3/4" Ani. Besides, I hate plastic capes for the most part, I'd much prefer a cloth cape. However if they make a cloth robed Ani anything like the Starpilot Obi, I wouldn't be interested anyway. ;) WHAT!?!?! palstic robes RULE!
They are heaps better then cloth.

Beast
08-13-2002, 09:28 AM
Both Plastic and Cloth have their place in the line. Cloth for figures that need to be able to sit, or for figures with alot of articulation. But plastic cloaks and robes are fine for charecters that don't need that sort of articulation or don't need to sit. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 09:49 AM
True.
Will there be any plastc robes in the futre?

Nexu
08-13-2002, 11:01 AM
Sometimes I dont understand some people...

A lot of times, I don't understand 14-15 year old kids that post madly, and clog up the forums. ;)

pthfnder89
08-13-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Geonosian -
They couldn't bother to put robes on my 12" Ani, so I could care less if they put a robe on a 3 3/4" Ani. Besides, I hate plastic capes for the most part, I'd much prefer a cloth cape. However if they make a cloth robed Ani anything like the Starpilot Obi, I wouldn't be interested anyway. ;)

I'm still very interested in seeing a robed Anakin. I guess part of that comes from the fact that the robed Naboo Qui Gonn and Obi Wan are still two of my favorite figures ever. If they put out an Anakin of that caliber, it'd be a real treat. :)

A cloth robe could also be done on Anakin a bit better than the one included with Obi Wan I think Ceasar. The robe Anakin wears is much more of a cloak, without any sort of sleeves. So they wouldn't have to alter the arms to make room for the material like the did with Obi Wan. The cloak would simply rest around his neck and cover his arms as well. :)

Beast
08-13-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Nexu
A lot of times, I don't understand 14-15 year old kids that post madly, and clog up the forums. ;)
Hey!! I'm not a 14-15 year old kid. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nexu
08-13-2002, 11:36 AM
Neither am I. ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-13-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by stad
On Yahoo chat I can be a teenage lesbian and make it sound real.

A teenage lesbian... HMMMM. Please, tell me more. ;)

jonboy
08-13-2002, 02:50 PM
A teenage lesbian?!?! I need to meet this person!!! I find it hard to put any faith in anyone who I talk to over the internet that claims to be something like that(Hasbro emp., Lucasfilm emp., teenage lesbian, etc).

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Nexu

A lot of times, I don't understand 14-15 year old kids that post madly, and clog up the forums. ;) How did you know I am 14 turning 15 in a month?!!?

thespar
08-13-2002, 10:28 PM
sounds like this person might have been someone hanging out in forums like this one.

Nexu
08-13-2002, 11:03 PM
How did you know I am 14 turning 15 in a month?!!?

GAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
LMAO, that's great!!!! :D :D :crazed:

You act too much like a freshman, it can't be a coincidence.

SuperBattleDroid88
08-13-2002, 11:04 PM
I'm still youngest though!
I'm 14 turning 15 in Mar.
I still claim my title as the youngest on SSG's forums!!!!!! :D

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 11:06 PM
Ok...why are you bagging me!

Nexu
08-13-2002, 11:12 PM

Look, I'm not bagging on you. I stated that there are some users on here that are 14-15 years old, and I can tell that by their posting methods (spelling, sig lines, frequent changes in sigs and avatars, spamming, complete disreguard of the "respect" of other forumites.) You are a prime example, but I didn't even mention you at all, and you came right foward.

No offense; I'm stating facts that many other people have known all along.

SuperBattleDroid88
08-13-2002, 11:18 PM
eh?

SuperBattleDroid88
08-13-2002, 11:18 PM
ME or NEXU?

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 11:21 PM
Nexu, are you trying to say I can not spell?
Whats wrong with my avartar?

???

SuperBattleDroid88
08-13-2002, 11:29 PM
Actually I try to be nice to people and don't do any of those things mentioned except change my avatar a couple times...

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 11:40 PM
SBD88 can you please sign my petitions on my sig.

SuperBattleDroid88
08-13-2002, 11:42 PM
I guess

Dar' Argol
08-13-2002, 11:42 PM
OK ppl, this need to get back on topic:rolleyes:

SuperBattleDroid88
08-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Yeah I agree!

Nexu
08-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Consider it dropped. As I stated, it wasn't my intention to offend anyone. Sorry if you took it that way.

SuperBattleDroid88
08-13-2002, 11:44 PM
No offense taken Nexu! :)

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 11:52 PM
Its alright Nexu.

Nexu
08-13-2002, 11:57 PM
Glad to hear it. :)

Geonosian
08-14-2002, 12:02 AM
Back on topic guys and girls..

Paul-Kenobi
08-15-2002, 08:35 PM
guess what guys and galls i'm talking to him again at this moment and once again he is giveing out more BS he said that the Republic gunship didnt met todays release date and has been pushed back to next mouth

and he said that Sith train DM and TD anakin are in ALL toy R us i'm just going along with it

is it BS or not i'm point the BS flag is up at full

thespar
08-15-2002, 10:13 PM
they must a have gotten there after i was there saturday. heck come to think of it my toy r us just gotten the chewie wave being of last month. still say it some one who might heck out in forums.

Paul-Kenobi
08-16-2002, 06:02 PM
( talk in yoda) Mystery this is unknown if he dose work or not cheek this we must begin this Investagation together pull the storngist team we must Jar Jar Sir Steve Jedi Tricks and any other useful help Begun this War Has........

Beast
08-16-2002, 06:12 PM
No team required, the guy is yanking your crank. His info is suspect, vague, and downright wrong in some cases. Any of the information that he gave you that is at all correct, has been pretty much known for quite a while from people on the forums. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
08-16-2002, 09:19 PM
well i figured that out but i just play along...... like they say..... i know its BS.