PDA

View Full Version : TALI WARS: America Strikes Back

Mandalorian Candidat
10-18-2001, 06:48 PM
A friend of mine sent me an e-mail with this creative artwork. I thought it was pretty funny. I really dig Yoda's new look.

www.geocities.com/rgoff1970/AMSB.html

Mandalorian Candidat
10-18-2001, 07:13 PM
I couldn't get the stupid hyperlink to work for some reason.

Here it is below.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-18-2001, 08:08 PM
Some mighty fine artwork.

But I think someone should apoligize to Yoda for having Dick
Cheney impersonate him.

I also dig G.W.'s green hair.

Osama has Vader's evil and sinister qualities but the intelligence is debatable.

It's certainly better than the picture I have of Osama getting it on with a camel.

Brave Sir Robin
10-27-2001, 06:38 PM
Ok, i find these pictures extremly offensive. This tremendoesly disrespectful to the people who died in the attack on the World Trade Center recently. Whoever did this and finds it amusing is definatley a sick, sick freakazoid.

Obi-Don
10-28-2001, 05:08 AM
I must admit that even though it has good art work,it bother me.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-29-2001, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Brave Sir Robin
Ok, i find these pictures extremly offensive. This tremendoesly disrespectful to the people who died in the attack on the World Trade Center recently. Whoever did this and finds it amusing is definatley a sick, sick freakazoid.

Why thank you, thank you very much! :) Coming from you I take that as a compliment.

Oh, by the way, the pharmacy called. Your refill of prozac is ready. ;)

Sliver FBI
10-29-2001, 10:29 PM
http://yonkis.ya.com/imagenes5/guerra/star.htm

SWAFMAN
10-30-2001, 02:22 PM
I thought this was pretty good - especially the last 1/2...

link to story from TheOnion.com (http://www.theonion.com/onion3738/now_more_than_ever.html)

Brave Sir Robin
10-30-2001, 02:38 PM
Ok, look folks. The reason I find this offensive is because I think that real life war against Afganistan is a bad idea. Look- they fly into the World Trade Center. We fly over, bomb them, and give them weird food that they are not accustomed to, such as PBJ sandwiches. They send us Anthrax in the mail. Do you see where I am getting?

SWAFMAN
10-30-2001, 03:36 PM
instant catharsis (http://www.fieler.com/terror/)

-- and --

have you been singing this? (http://www.boortz.com/diplomacy.swf)

howzabout this? (http://www.madblast.com/oska/humor_bin.swf )

I'll defend to my death your right to whine, er, I mean express yourself BSR. So don't tread on mine....

;)

Mandalorian Candidat
10-31-2001, 08:58 AM
So BSR, can I infer from your feelings that the USA should never have gone to war with Japan after they bombed Pearl Harbor? We sure did escalate things after they made their cold-blooded and certainly unprovoked first strike!

This is no different. It's an attack on not only our freedom, but for the democratic ideals for every human being. If we bury our heads in the sand like we did during the past eight or so years it shows that we are weak and don't give a rat's big A about our future. It's just like a bully. You have to stand up to them by giving them a good pimp slap. Then they'll leave you alone. Look at Libya. After the crap they pulled on us in the 80's Reagan wiped them out. Have we heard from them again? No. This is the same thing.

So please excuse our feelings of irritation when we hear someone criticizing our right to defend our liberties from the scum of the earth.

Brave Sir Robin
10-31-2001, 02:45 PM
Mandalorian Candidat, I understand your opinion, but I think that we all ought to realize that the terrorists would not have attacked us if they had not thought that they were ridding the world of the scum of the earth. The USA funds terrorism, poverty, and misery in other countries such as Colombia. It overconsumes, it is the richest nation in the world, it consumes about thirty percent of its rescorces while its population is about three percent of the globe. Basically Afganistan sees America as a big fat arrogant bully that steals your lunch money every day. I do not agree with the tragic attack that occured on September 11th, but I DO think that we should be considerate of their opinions and the valid points that they are making.

Fulit
10-31-2001, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Brave Sir Robin
I DO think that we should be considerate of their opinions and the valid points that they are making.

What would those be? Should America shut down, and give away all our money because some people don't like it that we're the richest nation in the world? What would these terrorists have us do different?

SWAFMAN
10-31-2001, 03:51 PM
BSR - shall we be considerate of such valid points as their subjugation of 1/2 their population - the 1/2 with wombs? Howzabout their valid point that only their interpretation of Islam is the correct one, and that Islam is the only true religion? And their valid point that it is proper to execute men without beards, or anyone who laughs aloud in public? Oh, and this should please your liberal sensibilities - they stone-to-death outted homosexuals!!!

C'mon BSR, if you're going to be a lib, at least be consistent. :rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
10-31-2001, 05:04 PM
Granted we have our problems, but the Taliban and the Al Queda are just a bunch of reactionary whack-jobs. What should we do? Put our tail between our legs, roll up the sidewalks and cut off all outside contacts. I'm sure we wouldn't offend anybody then.

The real reason why they attacked us is because we support Israel and other arab states who recognize Israel, like Egypt. They (the fundamentalists) look upon us as infidels and heathen. Hell, they even look that way upon others of their own faith who don't follow their party line.

They are bullies, plain and simple. You can't discuss options with them. You can't negotiate with them (we already tried). All you can do is root them out like a bunch of garden weeds.

Oh well. I'm glad we have the first amendment. It makes life more interesting.

Brave Sir Robin
10-31-2001, 09:19 PM
Look, I don't have a problem with anybody's freedom of speech, because I posted my opinion here which was very contrary to the opinions of other people here and it was pretty inevidable that there would be some rebuttals.

And on the subject of terrorism, why does nobody seem to care about the terror that the United States commits against other countries. Such as the funding of military violence, poverty and chemical dumping that we are currently doing over in Columbia, making its inhabitants poor and miserable. But, nobody cares. And then we have a terrorist act commited against us, and it suddenly makes it way to the cover of Time. Do you see what i mean?

JediTricks
11-01-2001, 08:54 AM
Read the link found in this thread:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=15302#post15302

I'd like to say that I am sickened by terrorist activities, no matter where they take place or who funds them. The disgusting acts of September 11th are simply unjustifiable, IMO, no matter how many grievances they had. Unfortunately, our "war on terrorism" has become basically an extended war on the current government of Afghanistan (who are there in part because of US actions), and we've put "civilian casualties" in our own scorecard. Yes, the terrorists struck first in the direct sense - though they almost certainly felt their actions were retaliatory strikes - but does that mean we should drop down to their tactics? If we condemn the murder of innocent civilians here, why not in other countries, much less by our own hands? We're not backing up right-thinking Islamic officials who see 9-11-01 for what it really is (deplorable acts of unspeakable, unprovoked violence), we're not putting Islamic faces on our side of the issues, we're not even mentioning the Muslims who died in the WTC, we're just showing the world that we can drop more bombs than anybody else and take civilian lives. We're going to have to change our tactics and thinking if we have a chance to really win the day - we can't let this become simply an extended military action to get people re-elected to offices, we can't let this become a sink hole that the US and the rest of the world cannot climb out of.

As for these comedic turns, some are tasteless, but most don't phase me one way or another. I will point out though that Jon Stewart on Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" says more truths that everybody else in entertainment is afraid to say simply by being within a comedic context (for the most part). Sometimes, the only people who can spread ideas are the ones who do it via comedic avenues.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-07-2001, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
I thought this was pretty good - especially the last 1/2...

link to story from TheOnion.com (http://www.theonion.com/onion3738/now_more_than_ever.html)

I love the ONION...did anyone see the story "Death Star to open Day Care Center? It was quite awhile ago (4-5 years) and absolutely hillarious!!! :crazed:

master jedi
12-08-2001, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic

I love the ONION...did anyone see the story "Death Star to open Day Care Center? It was quite awhile ago (4-5 years) and absolutely hillarious!!! :crazed:

Here's the link to it.

http://www.theonion.com/onion2918/daycare.html

Mandalorian Candidat
12-08-2001, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic

Yeah it was pretty good. The one about MC Krakow, the polish rapper was a crackup.

I just wanna say to all my peeps in the S-S-G "Y'all be my polacks.":Pirate: