PDA

View Full Version : Another Yarna D'al Gargan thread here Hasbro...

Pages : 1 [2]

Droid
02-18-2007, 06:30 PM
I haven't seen that Insider article. I hope that it wasn't planted by Hasbro to try and act like it isn't Hasbro's fault the figure isn't getting made.

I can see them not having made Yarna in the vintage line. I can't believe she was ever even a candidate.

Frankly, there was a time I never thought we'd see Slave Leia or Oola in the modern line. But now we have, so that argument is dead.

We've all seen the Gentle Giant slave Leia statue. There can be no Puritan argument against Yarna.

bigbarada
02-19-2007, 04:29 PM
I can see them not having made Yarna in the vintage line. I can't believe she was ever even a candidate.

They got all the way to the prototype and accessories phase and were even drawing up designs for a coin.

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48903

Jargo
02-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Hasbro Director of marketing Derryl DePriest speaking with Galactic hunter recently at TOYFAIR 2007 said that Yarna was on the cards but not for 2007. they're looking for a way to get her into the line because they percieve her as a hard sell. being female and fat and all that.
but it has come from the mouth of the Director of marketing that yarna is on the cards. not never, but sometime in the forseeable future. or put another way, the next few years.

In fact I will hunt for the link to the golden words for you. . .

Clicky (http://www.galactichunter.com/blogger)

GH: Is Gargan in the mix?
DD: Not for 2007, and she will be a hard sell. However, Hasbro is trying to fill that request.
GH: I suggested putting her and other dancers into the Max Rebo Band exclusive sets that are potentially coming, and we’ll see where that goes.

Droid
02-19-2007, 07:42 PM
I don't take that as a good sign. Not in '07 and she will be a hard sell does not suggest to me that they are saying, "We will do this figure."

2-1B
02-19-2007, 07:52 PM
I'd think the 100th C-3PO figure would be a tough sell but they keep pumping that POS out...and those repacked Padmes don't seem to be the best sell either but they knock them out like the dickens. Red coated Holiday Vaders found a market even, so sell Yarna online and be done with it.

Phantom-like Menace
02-20-2007, 06:15 AM
You're all going to get a Fat Dancer figure, I can asure you. Hasbro is going to want to make it. If it doesn't sell well they'll get to say "I told you so." If it sells well, then they've made it and don't have to hear about it any more. It's a win for them either way. The only way you guys aren't going to get a Fat Dancer is if you give yourselves fatal heart attacks worrying about not getting her.

Darth Cruel
02-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Hasbro Director of marketing Derryl DePriest speaking with Galactic hunter recently at TOYFAIR 2007 said that Yarna was on the cards but not for 2007. they're looking for a way to get her into the line because they percieve her as a hard sell. being female and fat and all that.
but it has come from the mouth of the Director of marketing that yarna is on the cards. not never, but sometime in the forseeable future. or put another way, the next few years.

In fact I will hunt for the link to the golden words for you. . .

Clicky (http://www.galactichunter.com/blogger)

I am in agreement with Droid on this one. There is nothing in this quip that even remotely suggests that Hasbro is likely to make Yarna. In fact...it looks to me to be a sugar-coated way to say "Not a snowball's chance in the nether-world". The fact that he says "Hasbro is working on it" mixed with "It will be a hard sell" says to me nothing more than "We joke about it in the bathroom to entertain ourselves".

Edit - Oh yeah, and "hard sell" means they can't convince the bean-counters at Hasbro that she will make back her production cost.

jedi master sal
02-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Several solutions to producing/selling Yarna have been made though and they more or less would be acceptable to the vast majority of collectors.

1) Sell as an exclusive online (price range $10-15)
2) Sell as a deluxe set-with some minor accessories (Hooka?) (price range $10-15)
3) Sell on single card (figure price of the time)
4) include with battle pack/scene box (price of pack $25-the extra to make-up for the production of Yarna specifically)

Really any of these would be acceptable to us. 1, 2, and 4 should be acceptable with Hasbro.

The extra cost is to cover if the figure flops. This way they don't need to sell as many to make back their money at least. If it turns out to be a hit, then they've made even more money.

Even though she's a "dancer" she doesn't really need much articulation. That could be as follows:
ball joint head
Ball joint shoulders
ball joint elbows
swivel wrists
swivel waist
swivel hips

NO knee joints of ankle joints as she's never really seen that way.

In doing so, you can pose her in a neutral pose OR the arms outstretched at the end of the dance pose.

Now that it's all laid out and makes sense, this should be a no brainer to Hasbro. There's not so much risk as many MANY people have been clamoring for her. Up the price and sell it to us already....

-Sal

Darth Cruel
02-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Several solutions to producing/selling Yarna have been made though and they more or less would be acceptable to the vast majority of collectors.

1) Sell as an exclusive online (price range $10-15)
2) Sell as a deluxe set-with some minor accessories (Hooka?) (price range $10-15)
3) Sell on single card (figure price of the time)
4) include with battle pack/scene box (price of pack $25-the extra to make-up for the production of Yarna specifically)

Really any of these would be acceptable to us. 1, 2, and 4 should be acceptable with Hasbro.

The extra cost is to cover if the figure flops. This way they don't need to sell as many to make back their money at least. If it turns out to be a hit, then they've made even more money.

Even though she's a "dancer" she doesn't really need much articulation. That could be as follows:
ball joint head
Ball joint shoulders
ball joint elbows
swivel wrists
swivel waist
swivel hips

NO knee joints of ankle joints as she's never really seen that way.

In doing so, you can pose her in a neutral pose OR the arms outstretched at the end of the dance pose.

Now that it's all laid out and makes sense, this should be a no brainer to Hasbro. There's not so much risk as many MANY people have been clamoring for her. Up the price and sell it to us already....

-Sal

Just a few problems.
1) None of the 4 ideas mentioned will sell enough of the figure to justify the cost. If any of them would have worked to make Hasbro money...they would have done it.

2) The number of people screaming for Yarna is very loud but not very large. If it was large enough to make Hasbro money...they would have done it by now.

Hasbro is not ignoring the figure because she is disgusting (although there would be ALL of the necessary justification for refusing to do the figure just in that fact). They are refusing because too few people want it. Hasbro is a business. And a cut-throat one at that. That is common knowledge. If they could make money with Yarna...they would make her. The bottom line is that she is not even popular enought to do over a Naboo hangar loser.

El Chuxter
02-20-2007, 10:50 AM
2) The number of people screaming for Yarna is very loud but not very large. If it was large enough to make Hasbro money...they would have done it by now.

Hasbro is not ignoring the figure because she is disgusting (although there would be ALL of the necessary justification for refusing to do the figure just in that fact). They are refusing because too few people want it. Hasbro is a business. And a cut-throat one at that. That is common knowledge. If they could make money with Yarna...they would make her. The bottom line is that she is not even popular enought to do over a Naboo hangar loser.

I beg to differ.

Although the crowd vocally supporting Yarna may only be a fraction of collectors, would you pass on her? Would anyone here? I doubt it.

Unfortunately, with every year, I think Hasbro cares less about taking our money for things we actually want. If we were to all start passing on useless resculpts, characters we don't personally care about, EU that we're not interested in (in other words, if you like comics, buy those, if you don't, then don't--this is not a condemnation of EU here), and most of all the endless sea of repainted Clonetroopers, Hasbro might realize that, as a whole, we're not mindless fanboys willing to take whatever crap they give us 30 or 40 times, and actually focus on making what we want.

bigbarada
02-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Has ANYBODY made a Yarna figure/statue/mini-bust? Aside from Hasbro, what about Gentle Giant, Attakus, Sideshow? I don't know if Hasbro deserves all the blame here for dragging their feet.

2-1B
02-20-2007, 07:28 PM
If it sells well, then they've made it and don't have to hear about it any more.

Until people start calling for an improved resculpt. lol

Darth Cruel
02-20-2007, 08:15 PM
I beg to differ.

Although the crowd vocally supporting Yarna may only be a fraction of collectors, would you pass on her? Would anyone here? I doubt it.

Unfortunately, with every year, I think Hasbro cares less about taking our money for things we actually want. If we were to all start passing on useless resculpts, characters we don't personally care about, EU that we're not interested in (in other words, if you like comics, buy those, if you don't, then don't--this is not a condemnation of EU here), and most of all the endless sea of repainted Clonetroopers, Hasbro might realize that, as a whole, we're not mindless fanboys willing to take whatever crap they give us 30 or 40 times, and actually focus on making what we want.

Although I do not appreciate the insult, as I go out of my way to make sure I do not offend anyone on this 'site. I will have to say that I would buy one Yarna just because I am a completist.

2-1B
02-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Chux Norris does not insult people, he informs them of the Truths of The Octagon.

El Chuxter
02-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Although I do not appreciate the insult, as I go out of my way to make sure I do not offend anyone on this 'site. I will have to say that I would buy one Yarna just because I am a completist.

Yikes! Sorry, those were intended to be two totally different thoughts there. I didn't realize it came across as an insult until I was wondering what you were referring to and re-read my post.

I meant by the "mindless fanboys" comment that sometimes, given what Hasbro churns out, it seems like they see us as that. And, until a few of these repainted clones backfire hard and pegwarm with a vengeance (sadly, not likely), they'll continue to see us as that.

My apologies, as I realize now that's not the way it came across.

Darth Cruel
02-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Yikes! Sorry, those were intended to be two totally different thoughts there. I didn't realize it came across as an insult until I was wondering what you were referring to and re-read my post.

I meant by the "mindless fanboys" comment that sometimes, given what Hasbro churns out, it seems like they see us as that. And, until a few of these repainted clones backfire hard and pegwarm with a vengeance (sadly, not likely), they'll continue to see us as that.

My apologies, as I realize now that's not the way it came across.

I see your point-of-view. And I appreciate your clearing that up.

DarkArtist
02-23-2007, 08:35 AM
If I'm not mistaken it's still going to be up to Lucas to decide if the figure see production. If he thought back in '83 that Yarna did not deserve the plastic treatment then he still might feel that way in the coming years. I still believe the best bet for the true fans of Yarna (Yes I'm not a fan), would be to check Ebay or other Fan Sites and try winning one on auction or creating one of their own.

Droid
02-23-2007, 07:13 PM
The merchandising in 1985 was totally different than today.

1. The success of the films was winding down.
2. You didn't see any scantily clad figures or other products at that time whereas there are many in the modern line and other avenues like Gentle Giant.
3. The only female in the original line other than Leia was Sy Snootles, so I am not surprised Yarna was not viewed by Lucas Licensing as a great idea.

I think Lucas Licensing would take a much differnt view of a Yarna figure now than they would have in 1985.

I think this is Hasbro's problem. I think if Lucas Licensing was saying no we'd be getting the same no comments from Hasbro about Yarna as we do about the Tonnikas. I actually think the Tonnikas made the Top 25 but were knocked out of the running for whatever reason Hasbro won't discuss them.

bigbarada
02-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Dear hasbro,
I've just been over at the official site looking through their databank entry for Yarna, Seems they missed out the unsolubrious part of her character. She's no longer a lady of the night but a 'six breasted dancer'. So this means that Lucasfilm are not happy with the image given in the EU book and have cleaned her up a little.
So given that the official line is that she may be a criminal but JUST a dancer who HAPPENS to have multiple frontage, does this mean you will consider a Yarna figure now?
You know you want to. Those databank entries are really starting to look like listings of what you have in development though. Apart from the characters you already made into figures I noticed that Hermi Odle was profiled. Well if you add Him and Yarna to a wave with Ephant Mon we're gonna be pretty close to having all the visible characters from Jabba's court. Which really would be nice don't you think? :)
So how about it eh - add Yarna to the list of must make figures? go on.... go on.... go on go on go on.......
go on go on go on go on go on go on....
go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on........
go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on! :)

Love you Hasbro xxxxxx :)

Will you look at that, after almost 7 years this thread gets a happy ending.:)

2-1B
02-17-2008, 05:39 AM
Until people start calling for an improved resculpt. lol

aaaaaaand there have already been complaints about this figure. lol

Jargo
02-17-2008, 12:12 PM
there's complaints about every figure. Yarna looks ok. she looks more like a wino than anything else in her figural form. like a fat chick wearing scanty clothing in the mistaken belief she still looks good even with make-up smeared all over her face and spinach on her teeth. kinda like someones middle aged mother at a frat party, well oiled with alcohol and leering at the college jocks. The kind that starts singing a song from decades ago that no-one knows and then starts dancing like a one legged elephant at mating time.
I like the yarna figure and i'll buy it. after shouting so long it would be churlish not to. though her headdres needs a bit more colour i can do that myself. I like the knife accessory and the glass. the glass is movie accurate in colour.

i have to scrape together some cash and get up to date with my palace figures. Gonna be a big day when yarna joins em.

jedi master sal
02-17-2008, 06:26 PM
People need to get over complaning about EVERY figure. This figure is perfectly acceptable. I won't look to find fault with her.

...she looks more like a wino than anything else in her figural form. like a fat chick wearing scany clothing in the mistkaen belief she still looks good even with make-up smeared all over her face and spinach on her teeth. kinda like someones middle aged mother at a frat party, well oiled with alcohol and leering at the college jocks. The kind that starts singing a song from decades ago that no-one knows and then starts dancing like a one legged elephant at mating time....

Could this be the elusive Slicker's mom action figure you're talkign about here?

Have we finally got a glimpse of here? I would not have pictured Yarna as Slicker's mom. Actually I think Slicker's mom might be a hot Cougar in disguise...lol

bigbarada
02-17-2008, 06:49 PM
People need to get over complaning about EVERY figure. This figure is perfectly acceptable. I won't look to find fault with her.

Agreed, you can't really expect perfection from a mass-produced piece of plastic that costs less than $10.

DarthBrandon
02-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Agreed, you can't really expect perfection from a mass-produced piece of plastic that costs less than $10.

I've been saying this a lot to myslef lately. While Hasbro has put out some stinkers in the past (i.e. Luke Mos Vap comes to mind), this is not one of them. Hasbro has made some stellar figures this past year & I really can't blame them for a faux pas here & there, it happens; it's just that simple. I'm just glad they didn't mess up on the AT-TE. Here's to hoping for a new Falcon en par with the AT-TE.:thumbsup:

Jargo
02-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Someone should put up a comparison pic of the vintage versus modern Yarna sculpt.
Comparing the new yarna to a continuity still from the movie there isn't a lot more they could have done in a four inch figure to get her more accurate. (glaring addition of the knife accessory shall be overlooked). As I said earlier, the head dress is lacking the more reddish brown tones of the costume but it's ok. Yarna has turned out a lot better than any figure of Palpatine and he's just an old geezer in a black robe. hardly difficult to get him right.
I feel this figure does Claire Davenport justice on the likeness and does the job of an action figure. Admittedly I've not seen the back of the figure yet and the production process could damage the sculpt but i'm still hopeful she'll urn out just fine.

so, *cough* thank you hasbro. thus far.

JON9000
02-17-2008, 09:16 PM
glaring addition of the knife accessory shall be overlooked.

I don't even see the knife as a negative- it's just a little something added to give it a little added play value for a kid. I think the figure is pretty awesome and I know I'll be getting one!

figrin bran
02-17-2008, 09:54 PM

I "complained" over in the "pics of Yarna" thread about how the 25th GI Joe style arm articulation as well as the knee/ankle articulation seemed to detract from the sculpt, which was otherwise a very good one. I just felt it would've turned out better with less articulation - maybe just shoulders and just leg, but no knee or ankle.

bigbarada
02-17-2008, 10:12 PM
I "complained" over in the "pics of Yarna" thread about how the 25th GI Joe style arm articulation as well as the knee/ankle articulation seemed to detract from the sculpt, which was otherwise a very good one. I just felt it would've turned out better with less articulation - maybe just shoulders and just leg, but no knee or ankle.

I'm thinking those joint will smooth out a bit in the production process. Since they'll be molded in fleshtone plastic, there will be no need for them to be painted like the prototype has been. So there will be no paint to inadvertantly highlight the articulation that we see in the proto now.

bigbarada
02-17-2008, 11:02 PM
someone should put up a comparison pic of the vintage versus modern yarna sculpt. comparing the new yarna to a continuity still from the movie there isn't a lot more they could have done in a four inch figure to get her more accurate. glaring addition of the knife accessory shall be overlooked. as I said earlier, the head dress is lacking the more reddish brown tones of the costume but it's ok. Yarna has turned out a lot better than any figure of Palpatine and he's just an old geezerin a back robe. hardly hard to get him right. I feel this figure does Claire Davenport justice o the likeness and does the job of an action figure. admittedly i've not seen the back of the figure yet and the production process could damage the sculpt but i'm still hopeful she'll urn out just fine.

so, *cough* thank you hasbro. thus far.

Here you go. I guess the name "Gargan" has existed since the 1980s because that's what she was called.

2-1B
02-17-2008, 11:16 PM
at least this new one has a skirt so we don't have to see her box like we do on the vintage.

bigbarada
02-17-2008, 11:43 PM
at least this new one has a skirt so we don't have to see her box like we do on the vintage.

Actually, there was a soft-plastic dress made for the vintage figure. I just couldn't find any decent photos of it.

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48903

Whoever owns those prototypes really needs to hire a decent photographer to take pictures of these figures. The "blown-out" flash photography is just not a professional way to run a website.

TeeEye7
02-17-2008, 11:50 PM
there's complaints about every figure. Yarna looks ok. she looks more like a wino than anything else in her figural form. like a fat chick wearing scanty clothing in the mistaken belief she still looks good even with make-up smeared all over her face and spinach on her teeth. kinda like someones middle aged mother at a frat party, well oiled with alcohol and leering at the college jocks. The kind that starts singing a song from decades ago that no-one knows and then starts dancing like a one legged elephant at mating time.
I like the yarna figure and i'll buy it. after shouting so long it would be churlish not to. though her headdres needs a bit more colour i can do that myself. I like the knife accessory and the glass. the glass is movie accurate in colour.

i have to scrape together some cash and get up to date with my palace figures. Gonna be a big day when yarna joins em.

*sniff* That was freakin' eloquent, Jargo!

What a wonderful summation of Yarna! You have nailed the impression I've had of her for years! :thumbsup:

Mister Roboto
02-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Will you look at that, after almost 7 years this thread gets a happy ending.:)

Usually you have to pay extra for the happy ending and it is typically followed by an awkward silence.

Yeah for Yarna!

bigbarada
02-18-2008, 02:03 PM
I think Yarna gives a discount on happy endings. Ask Squidhead, he would know. :D

jjreason
07-27-2008, 11:46 AM
To whomever may read this from Hasbro's design team, I want to extend my most sincere thanks. I actually had an emotional response when I finally held her in my hands yesterday morning after all this time (and yes, I realize that's very silly). She's perfect. :pleased:

bigbarada
07-27-2008, 06:19 PM
To whomever may read this from Hasbro's design team, I want to extend my most sincere thanks. I actually had an emotional response when I finally held her in my hands yesterday morning after all this time (and yes, I realize that's very silly). She's perfect. :pleased:

I had an emotional response as well. It started out with "Oh my gosh, she's awesome!" Followed immediately by, "Holy crap, she's hideous!"

But, I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks, Hasbro!:thumbsup:

jedi master sal
07-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Yes, a huge thanks to Hasbro for making Yarna. No only does it show you care, but that you listen and are willing to take a risk. Making her in a build-a-droid wave helps greatly since people who want to build the droid will have to get her for the part. Smart on your part. I would have bought her regardless.

You didn't disappoint, now here's hoping we all who requested her will buy and won't disappoint you.

Bring on ice-cream maker guy!!!

pegger
07-28-2008, 03:39 PM
I can vouch for JJ's (almost) tears.

Hasbro - I know we bash you from time to time - but Yarna is fantastic. (as is the BMF)

El Chuxter
07-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Glad to hear it. I've only seen the sample at Comic-Con so far, and the paint was wonky, so I was a bit concerned.

RUSHBOY
08-01-2008, 02:20 AM
All this talk about her just makes me wanna go out and get one !!
:whip:

jedi master sal
08-01-2008, 05:17 PM
All this talk about her just makes me wanna go out and get one !!
:whip:

Well? What are you waiting for then?? :whip:
:)

Qui-Long Gone
08-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Bring on ice-cream maker guy!!!

Amen brother Sal!

*This is probably another thread, but anyone else hoping for a Jabba update (with dias), skiff guard articulated, and Oola?

JediTricks
08-03-2008, 04:34 AM
I was really glad to find this figure at retail the other day. I wish Hasbro had been a little more careful with the paint, and matching the face to the body deco, but it's still a winner because now she can do all those crazy moves for Jabba and we can go "whoa, that's what erotic dance is to a hutt?!?" in person.

BTW, guess what comes up first on google when you search: yarna hasbro ?? That is so friggin' rad! It's us, this thread!!!

Jargo
08-03-2008, 08:03 AM
I have purchased Yarna. along with Ak Rev. my palace entertainment crew is almost complete. Let's have a posable Oola now.

Yarna is good. I like her. I am satisfied. Thank you.

jjreason
08-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Man, I was holding my breath pending your assessment, Jargo. I'm happy you're pleased with her after all this time. :)

Did you happen to read the card write-up on the character before you discarded the packaging??? I was nearly peeing my pants..... lol

Jargo
08-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Actually I didn't read the cardback i just ripped the card apart to get Yarna free. and my review is scant because i've spent many hours writing reasons she should be immortalised in plastic form then the figure arrives and does what it needs to. I think the joints are a little ugly but then all joints are ugly on every figure.
As far as i can tell there's no sloppy paint apps on mine. the articulation works just fine and she, Ak Rev and Bane Malar are cool additions to my throne room set up.

wondering what to do with a headless astro droid though.

cookiemonster
08-22-2008, 10:28 PM
You could give it to me, lol.

But seriously, these figures rock, I have waited since the Vintage Line to get a Yarna figure, the other two just go with out saying they are excellent figures, now all they have to do is redo the rest of the band and I will be happy with Jabba's Band as long as they do a good job.

JediTricks
08-22-2008, 10:48 PM
BTW, just wanted to point out that the vintage one had a removable headdress and this one doesn't. :p

cookiemonster
08-22-2008, 11:30 PM
JT you have me on that one seeing I dont own a Vintage one, I will take your word for it.:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-23-2008, 05:46 PM
JT you have me on that one seeing I dont own a Vintage one, I will take your word for it.:thumbsup:
Nobody has a vintage Yarna apart from (maybe) a few unproduced prototypes.

gargan123
08-23-2008, 06:55 PM
BTW, just wanted to point out that the vintage one had a removable headdress and this one doesn't. :p

Here are pics of a custom Vintage Yarna. This was made using one of the few prototypes as a mold. The headdress is removable as you can see. I can verify that this is from the vintage production piece because I have held one of them in my hand before. I used to talk with a Kenner employee back in the 80's and they gave away alot of the unproduced prototypes.

BTW, I too have been waiting for a Yarna. I have bought 5 of them, so I feel that I have shown my support for this figure. I have one on my desk at work, one on my computer desk at home, one in MY greatest hits figure display, one on my one-of-every-figure wall and one in my Jabba's palace diorama.

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/8648b093f8c5f4d.jpg

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/8648b093f8e5b1c.jpg

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/8648b093f9114d1.jpg

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/8648b094568a739.jpg

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/8648b09456af145.jpg

bigbarada
08-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Here are pics of a custom Vintage Yarna. This was made using one of the few prototypes as a mold. The headdress is removable as you can see. I can verify that this is from the vintage production piece because I have held one of them in my hand before. I used to talk with a Kenner employee back in the 80's and they gave away alot of the unproduced prototypes.

BTW, I too have been waiting for a Yarna. I have bought 5 of them, so I feel that I have shown my support for this figure. I have one on my desk at work, one on my computer desk at home, one in MY greatest hits figure display, one on my one-of-every-figure wall and one in my Jabba's palace diorama.

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_8648b093f8c5f4d.jpg

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_8648b093f8e5b1c.jpg

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_8648b093f9114d1.jpg

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_8648b094568a739.jpg

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_8648b09456af145.jpg

I've seen those a few times on Ebay, but didn't know that they were cast from the original prototype. I thought they might be sculpted from scratch based on reference photos from the internet.

Anyways, that's pretty cool.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-23-2008, 10:26 PM

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_8648b093f8c5f4d.jpg

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_8648b093f8e5b1c.jpg

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_8648b093f9114d1.jpg

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_8648b094568a739.jpg

http://www.coreplanets.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_8648b09456af145.jpg
Very cool, nice get! Here's images of the original prototype that was taken from, also with a removable headdress:

http://theswca.com/images-unpro/gargan.html

BTW, 5 new Yarnas? Dang, I guess you were serious! Not surprised considering that username, I suppose. :p

cookiemonster
08-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Nobody has a vintage Yarna apart from (maybe) a few unproduced prototypes.
__________________________________________________ ______________
Which means someone has them but not me.:thumbsup: