PDA

View Full Version : Another Yarna D'al Gargan thread here Hasbro...

Pages : [1] 2

Jargo
10-18-2001, 07:36 PM
Dear hasbro,
I've just been over at the official site looking through their databank entry for Yarna, Seems they missed out the unsolubrious part of her character. She's no longer a lady of the night but a 'six breasted dancer'. So this means that Lucasfilm are not happy with the image given in the EU book and have cleaned her up a little.
So given that the official line is that she may be a criminal but JUST a dancer who HAPPENS to have multiple frontage, does this mean you will consider a Yarna figure now?
You know you want to. Those databank entries are really starting to look like listings of what you have in development though. Apart from the characters you already made into figures I noticed that Hermi Odle was profiled. Well if you add Him and Yarna to a wave with Ephant Mon we're gonna be pretty close to having all the visible characters from Jabba's court. Which really would be nice don't you think? :)
So how about it eh - add Yarna to the list of must make figures? go on.... go on.... go on go on go on.......
go on go on go on go on go on go on....
go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on........
go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on! :)

Love you Hasbro xxxxxx :)

GNT
10-19-2001, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Love you Hasbro xxxxxx :)

Stop sucking up to them :) :D

evenflow
10-19-2001, 07:35 AM
I wish that they would make a Yarna figure. Maybe I should start a petition for her?

Lobito
10-19-2001, 02:46 PM
Yarna and the original Klatu!!! Plzzzzzzz:cool:

GNT
10-19-2001, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
I wish that they would make a Yarna figure. Maybe I should start a petition for her?

evenflow,I wish you the best of luck with trying to get getting around 25,000 names before Hasbro thinks about doing her!

evenflow
10-20-2001, 08:05 AM
Thanks. I know that it is almost impossible. But I have been thinking about it for a while, who knows maybe I will.

Eternal Padawan
10-21-2001, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Lobito
Yarna and the original Klatu!!! Plzzzzzzz:cool:

The "original" Klaatu is called Wooof.

And since no one has done this in awhile:

GONK!!

Jargo
10-30-2001, 04:54 PM
I know the questionable history of Yarna has been fudged over by LFL, but how are they going to explain away six breasts? I suppose they could make an analogy with some of the Indian subcontinents many multiple breasted goddesses, or even Greco roman goddesses with the same added appeal :) But really they just look like fat rolls to me. Claire davenport who played yarna was a big girl back in the day. She had many a tummy roll to her name and to me these 'breasts just look like some of those rolls dressed up. Not as the EU has it, more than the alloted number of lady bumps.
So in all honesty I can see her being sold asjust another dancer in the old fat slugs palace. Perfectly innocent and a nice compliment to the skinny Twi'Lek chicks.

I will keep calling for this figure and the rest of the band to be made and I hope to god that hasbro finish the band including Yarna just to shut me up. :D

GNT
10-31-2001, 12:11 AM
I hope to god that hasbro finish the band including Yarna just to shut me up. :D

Hell I'll make her to shut you up ;) :rolleyes: :D

Jargo
10-31-2001, 06:28 AM
Now that was funny:D If only GNT, if only........:p

Jargo
12-06-2001, 06:32 PM
Hello hasbro, haven't forgotten about this y'know. I still want the fat lady that doesn't sing made into a lovely little 4" figure. if you can manage to make a large figure like Ephant Mon or Amanaman then this one shouldn't pose too much of a problem. I mean you make the creatures and the aliens so well and Yarna is pretty close to being a creature or an alien in that she's so darned ugly.

You're concentrating on the cantina I know, but couldn't we get at least some kind of sign that she'll make it to the figure stage before the toys completely dry up?

And what kind of positive role model do these skinny twi'lek girls set to kids who are probably overweight and unhappy about it? Shouldn't there at least be some kind of positive role model for fat ugly kids too? Yarna could be that role model if you made her.
It wouldn't be hard to find that old vintage prototype to work from either. I'm sure your friend Steve Sansweet has one in his collection that he'd be willing to lend you. I think it would be a fitting tribute to Claire Davenport to have one of her most famous performances immortalised in plastic. Have I said that already? Sorry. At least I'm consistent

So, whaddaya say? :) :stupid:

Rollo Tomassi
12-06-2001, 07:02 PM
Mmmmmmmm:happy: :happy: :happy: Claire Davenport:kiss: :kiss: and her six:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: would make me :D :D :D

:Pirate: Yeargh.

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-18-2002, 10:48 AM
If the Emperor is no more, who's gonna fight his corner for him?

I think someone should go and collect his ideas and then repost them so we can all see what a genius he was/is(?)

I think it's kinda funny the way he just banged on and on about stuff like he knew he hadn't got a hope in hell of being listened to but what the heck - he'd say it anyway! :D Big up to the deposed Emperor. may his ideas shine forever more........

Oh yeah and what about that Yarna figure eh? I'm up for one to finish off the dancers set. Ugly moo that she is, she'll look cool in the display. Now that's one figure I'd say yes to dynamic posing of. She'd look so cool in that sort of fat lady skipping dance she did. :stupid:

yeah I'm up for Jargo's Yarna petition. Hasbro ya heard the man, get it done and honor his memory........ :zzz:

JEDIpartner
02-18-2002, 12:44 PM
They should craft her frontal chestibules using that weighted balance gimmick like the one used in making those noddy head dogs, cats, cows, what have you that people put in the backs of their autos. That way... when you move her... they'll bobble up and down with the grace (?:eek:) they did in the film. Now THAT'S a gimmick I'd like to see employed in the creation of a STAR WARS figure...

Mrrrrowwwwrrrrrbleuuurrgh! :(

Yeah... they oughta make old Yarna soon. She's long overdue... (insert wiseacre comment here)!:rolleyes:

droidekas2
02-20-2002, 11:02 AM
Yarna! Yarna! Yarna! Yarna! Yarna! Yarna!

This is one of the tops of my list of unmade figures.
Bring on the obscure!!

I'm sure she will be made.

Beast
02-20-2002, 11:22 AM
This figure I believe is one of the few left from my original first or second "wanted" list that I sent Hasbro that hasn't been produced yet. I think we will see her sooner or later as well, especially since Lucasfilm has kinda tried to erase her EU lifestyle. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-20-2002, 12:46 PM
I'm wondering what's more appealing to collectors, the fact that she's such a darn cool looking weirdo character or the fact that she has the extra you know whats? maybe we could have a poll started about Yarnas droopies vs her actual character and persona. How many people would buy the figure for her grotesque face and ample sixze before looking at that aspect of her? How many would see a chick with loads of norks on a peg and go all Beavis and butthead? :D It's a thought...

YARNA YARNA YARNA YARNA! :eek:

Amanamike
02-21-2002, 02:27 AM
I have a question here. Where is this Hasbro database he was talking about?? Id like to see this. And yes yarna would be a great addition along with the rest of the band and the Elom and Whipid guy.

Rollo Tomassi
02-21-2002, 01:17 PM
Norks???:confused: :eek: :D :rolleyes: :p

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-21-2002, 04:23 PM
Norks. Y'know - jugs, marys, bristols, funbags, that kind of thing :rolleyes:

It's a pc thing. you have to know all kinds of slang words to avoid offending the laydees when you work in a factoree. they don't like the use of the other words that most commonly get used in those top shelf magazines. It's like a spoken readers digest 'improve your word power' thing :D Claire Davenport is of course famous for her norks as seen in the great british film 'It shouldn't happen to a window cleaner' and 'Steam' with that other great norkstress, Diana Dors. great laydees of the silver screen who are vastly underated IMO. If they ever made a return to star wars in the future they could get someone like Rosanne Barr to play a Gargan type laydee. Rosey has just as ample norks as Claire and the belly rolls to go with them. no problem getting those six cup over shoulder boulder holders to fit Rosey. :eek:

getting back to the point though. Why haven't we got a Yarna coming out with Ephant Mon? That'd be great wouldn't it - two fantastic Jabba's palace characters at once. Pity Hasbro don't work that way. :(

Jargo
03-03-2002, 09:59 AM
Amanamike, I was talking about the official starwars.com databank entries. They have most of the characters in there and the one for Yarna was profiled when they did a focus on the characters of jabba's palace a while back. If you go to the main page you just type YARNA D'AL GARGAN into the search box under the poll and it'll bring up any web pages on their site with her on it. just look for databank entries and VOILA! there's the stuff i was talking about. Or hit thi link Yarna (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yarnadalgargan/index.html)
Strange but i believe Claire Davenport is still knocking around doing the UK convention circuit. What a sad way to end a life in showbiz. I wish someone would dig out all her movies and host a retrospective Claire davenport classice season on TV or in some small cinema somewhere. Y'know, like a real tribute to her talents.

I wish I'd had a chance to work with her in her heyday. She looks like loads of fun to be around. Sorry, digressing again.

So hasbro - I still have no word from you about this Yarna issue. You don't have to answer here just announce that she's going to be released at the same time as Ephant Mon. that's all. Easy really. And if it's Georgey boy stopping you then just give the chinless slug a good thwack with a light up saber and tell him you're making her regardless. This is all i ask. apart from the fact that i want you to stop using the horrible vinyl to make figures and accessories out of. that and a stoppage on wide leg stances for figures. Some classic small vehicles and the shuttle Tydirium and a sandcrawler and a thank you for coming up with so many great ideas :D

Beast
03-08-2002, 03:37 PM
We really do need a Yarna D'al Gargan figure now, to commemerate the memory of the actress who played her, who died tuesday. My thoughts are with her family during this time. Here is the news from "TheForce.net":

Paul from Sci Fi Shows reports in:

I received a telephone call from the brother of Claire Davenport on Tuesday 5th March, she was the actress that played Yarna, the big dancer in Jabba's palace. As I have been a friend to Claire for some years now! I last saw Claire around 2 weeks ago and she was not very well then!

It is with great regret that I have to report that Claire passed away on Monday the 4th of March of renal failure, she fell ill last week and lost consciousness and slipped in to a coma state, she passed away quietly on Monday afternoon.

Our thoughts go out to her remaining family.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
03-08-2002, 04:07 PM
A deeply saddening piece of news. It's imperative now that Hasbro do something special to honour her memory. I wish they'd managed to do so sooner as Claire is still one the great unsung ladies of the theatre and cinema. Larger ladies find it hard enough to get work that is often stolen from under their noses by skinny 'prettier' waif like actresses. That Claire could find work at all is the achievement. Especially in a time of dire hardship for the entertainment industry here in the UK.

Claires performance in Return of the Jedi may have been all too brief but it is electrifying. It's clear that there was more to Claire than ugly make-up and a silly hat. She didn't have to exert any acting muscles as Claire was just Claire. A natural.

As I stated above, my regret is that as an actor I never got to work with her. I'd have liked that very much. may she rest happy now.

Here's to Claire, I salute her. :)

Bosskman
03-09-2002, 06:52 PM
Yarna should definately be made. She's easily one of the most recognizable charcters in Jabba's Palace even though most people don't know who she is. The following should also be made from Jabba's:

Hermi Odle
Old Klaatu
Elom
JQuille
Bubo
Doallyn
JABBA THE FREAKIN HUTT ALREADY

I think that would satisfy most collectors. It would me anyways.

Lman316
03-09-2002, 07:49 PM
I'm up for any character from Jabba's palace. Even though, right now, my palace is getting a little full.
Eventually though, I think I would like to see the remaining members of Jabba's band and just a few "odd-ball" aliens. I really can't wait for Ephant Mon, but again, I just don't know where I'm going to put him, especially with his size.
Anyway, you can put me down for a yes vote on this one.

evenflow
03-12-2002, 03:44 PM
I have been pushing for her figure to be made dor a really long time. I think that now is the perfect oppertunity for Hasbro to produce her. I think enough people want her, come on Hasbro please make her.

2-1B
03-16-2002, 03:45 PM
It wouldn't be hard to find that old vintage prototype to work from either. I'm sure your friend Steve Sansweet has one in his collection that he'd be willing to lend you.

He does, only it lacks arms :D

Jargo
03-22-2002, 01:37 PM
that prototype was okay for way back, but really we need something more fitting as a tribute to Claire. I don't think that the arms spread in salute of jabba is the pose to go for but I think Yarna either stood with a drink in her hand or yarna dancing would be the way to go. Mixing with the other miscreants of the court.

She simply must be made or we'll all be stuck with endless Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan resculpts forever.....! :eek:

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 02:17 PM
Whoa! New photo, Jargo.:) Ever think of playing a young Tarkin in Episode III? If Temeura can snag a role, why not you? Anybody know Roibn Gurland's number?

Jargo
03-24-2002, 07:41 AM
Rollo, you'll never get her number if you get her name wrong - Roibn? :p

I'd just love to be considered for a role in star wars. Who wouldn't? Tarkin.... Now that's something I'm not too sure about. maybe third ugly geezer at the back of the crowd is more for me. Or a masked alien. :(

Rollo Tomassi
03-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Her names not Roibn?!? Mannn, no wonder she hasn't returned my calls all these years...

Hey, Hasbro! Where's our Yarna D'al Gargan figure? How many figures get their own threads? Capt. Colton Antilles, Jedi Knight Luke, Handmaidens, and Yarna!

I smell a wave that would sell like hotcakes!:happy:

Jargo
03-28-2002, 06:56 PM
They could do an ugly wave containing Yarna D'al gargan, Hermi Odle, gragra, Bubo, J'quille, Dianoga, Wioslea. Perfect! now that wave would sell surely?

Give Yarna a pack in of Rappertunie, Bubo could pack with Herat the fan holding Jawa, the Dianoga could come with a new Luke in stormtrooper disguise which would be easy to do with the commtech body - just sculpt a new head onto the figure.

Wioslea could I suppose come with CZ-1. he wanders through the speeder lot scene and it would be a cool way to finally get him. Gragra could also be a deluxe figure with her Gorg stall, all froggy things hanging and wotnot. We already have the Jar Jar to go with it.

Just for pete's sake get cracking on the Yarna figure please. I'm not getting any younger while I wait patiently and impatiently :)

Jargo
04-14-2002, 05:27 PM
Just bumping this back up as I patiently await the news that YES, there will indeed be a Yarna figure gracing the collection later this year....... Well, I can live in hope can't I? :)

evenflow
04-14-2002, 06:46 PM
You can hope just as much as I am, please Habro give us this figure. I have faith.

Eternal Padawan
04-15-2002, 08:37 AM
Jargo. I am going to Celebration II. While I'm there I'll ask Hasbro what the GONK! is going on with this figgie.

I also plan on saying "Duuuuuuuuude..." to Rick when I see him.

Jargo
04-15-2002, 11:17 AM
That'd be really cool EP. And can you get a picture of Ricky's face when you say it please. That'd be priceless. :D

JEDIpartner
04-15-2002, 03:40 PM
This keeps getting bumped back up to the top of the heap! I don't mind though...

(picture Kathy Bates in "MISERY") I STILL WANT A BLOODY BUGGERY YARNA ACTION FIGURE AND I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

ahem... I feel MUCH better now.

Wolfwood319
04-15-2002, 03:43 PM
I still would like to see an ROTJ Jabba, Yarna, Hermie, Bubo, and new Luke for my Jabba's Throne Room scene.

Looks like we won't get any of them this year, though, unfortunately.:(

evenflow
04-15-2002, 04:19 PM
You never know, stuff could be coming later in the year. I hope that the classic line will not be forgotten this year. I know the focus will be on Episode II, but I hope a few will get in there.

Jargo
04-15-2002, 04:54 PM
Well, the AOTC stuf takes precedence but with Ephant Mon coming in July(?) why not a Yarna at the same time? Or a Yarna for the winter assortments? Yarna and Jabba as a deluxe pack. They said they'd make beasts as deluxe figures if they were't large enough to justify beast designation. Well jabba isn't technicaly a beast because he's smaller like the Nexu from AOTC, so he could qualify as the deluxe figure size. You'd kill two birds with one stone by shoving Yarna with jabba. But I'd rather just get Yarna with Rappertunie on a single card. Jabba should come with Bubo or Herat the Jawa.

But what are we talking about Jabba for when this is a Yarna thread? What are you trying to do hijacking this thread for your nefarious Jabba craving? Yarna needs this thread all to herself. We've already had Four jabba's and never once had a Yarna. Go find your own jabba thread ya punk ;)

RooJay
04-15-2002, 08:32 PM
Heck, while were on it, why not Hasbro finishing up with the rest of Jabba's entertainers? Howzabout, aside from Yarna, they also give us Rappertunie, Umpass Stay, and Ak Rev?

Jargo
04-16-2002, 02:37 PM
Well I've been saying that all along really..... But Yarna would be such a good start. :)

JEDIpartner
04-16-2002, 03:43 PM
If they package Yarna, Jabba and Rappertunie together... they could call it the "Fatty Three Pack" :crazed:

Jargo
04-16-2002, 04:41 PM
YAY! I love that little belly that Rappertunie has got. I just found some new pics of him at the official site and he's well funky. Actually, he's bigger than I thought he was. Probably bigger than Yoda. So Him and Yarna would be like the Massif and Geonosian from AOTC. And if they can do it for AOTC then they can do it for Yarna and Rappertunie too. No excuses now Hasbro. :D

Jargo
05-01-2002, 01:27 PM
Just bumping this back up so it doesn't get lost again. Also just trying out my new Nute avatar which is rather funky. Needs some tweaking I think. his chin is geting lost in his clothing. Hmmm.....

Anyways - any news on that Yarna figure yet hasbro? I'm bustin' my tush off trying to think of decent ideas for you and all you do is throw out those AOTC 'things' with those 'features' now that's not very fair is it? You know what we want if you really do read these forums so it's really rather churlish to ignore us and put that other stuff out so hindered by 'features' when we've been telling you how the figures should be made to suit us so we'll buy more and everybody gets what they want. Pegwarmer figures with 'features' aren't in best the interests of anybody are they? so why make the figures that way in the first place? even the kids hate them. So we'll have no more of this sillyness and no more 'features' on the figures. Just nice neutral poses and plenty of accessories and articulation. That's the ticket. :)

El Chuxter
05-01-2002, 02:30 PM
If they make a Yarna figure before the current fascination with features and statues die out, let's pray she's Collection 2. I'd rather have a statue of Yarna than "Yarna with Boogie Woogie Action!" :D

Rogue II
05-01-2002, 03:35 PM
I can just see it now...she'll have that rump shakin' action going on like one of those hula girl bobble things. And just for good measure, I'm sure they'll throw in that same lizard monkey that came with Oola and Amanaman.

Jargo
05-01-2002, 07:31 PM
Don't tempt fate Rogue II, it's just too terrible to contemplate... *shudders* No, Miss Gargan should be unsullied and unfettered by bothersome gimicks and 'features', she should be either posed doing her famous "I'm too fat to lift my legs properly so I'll just hop instead" dance, or just neutrally and casually supping her drink like in that film still shot. I'll see if I can find the pic and post it so's you know what I'm on about.

Rogue II
05-01-2002, 07:54 PM
Well, I do hope they make her without any extra features. But, I wonder how they are going to do it. Would they put her in with a ROTJ Jabba? Or, if she were to be released carded, what accessories would she come with? Maybe that Jawa? Maybe a few pillows for her? Hopefully, Hasbro will not be able to find a way to put force lightning or any blaster ice cream cones with her.

Eternal Padawan
05-02-2002, 02:13 AM
...she should be either posed doing her famous "I'm too fat to lift my legs properly so I'll just hop instead" dance...

Help! Stop! I can't breathe! :D That is hilarious. I love jargo's little euphemisms like the hamster ball analogy or Yoda's TIMMY! chair. Add this one to the list.

PS Hasbro, get crackin' on Yarna. And a Sith Infiltrator. And Hem Dazon. And Alliance Techs. And a Cloud Car. And a Cloud Car Pilot. And Wooof. And Madine. Just get crackin' already!

evenflow
05-02-2002, 02:46 PM
I really don't care how she is made, but as long as she is made well. Come on Hasbro, how many times do we have ask.

mark2d2
05-04-2002, 06:52 PM
I'm genuinely surprised that she wasn't among those selected for the fan choice poll . . . .

Beast
05-04-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
I'm genuinely surprised that she wasn't among those selected for the fan choice poll . . . .
Maybe she's not in the poll, because she is in production for next year? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
05-05-2002, 09:38 PM
*Keels over with the weight of sheer anticipation drops snowglobe which rolls down stairs and smashes on the bottom step*

Yaaaaaaaar-naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............:dead:

Jargo
05-08-2002, 01:59 PM
Where's Rollo and Eternal Padawan got to? Didn't they both go to C2? Wasn't Rollo going to ask about the Yarna figure or something? Did Steve ban them both or something? Wher the flipping heck are they?

Oh, and I'm just bumping this back up where it belongs. :)

Jargo
05-14-2002, 07:49 PM
And aghain I ask where is Rollo with the answer he went to ask the question for - when will we be getting a Yarna figure? He said he was going to C2 but it appears he liked it so much he stayed.

*sigh*

You just can't get the staff these days......

So. At the umpteenth time of asking Hasbro, when are we going to see the fat dancer in a four inch figural representation? I'm so bored of the Jedi and the gimmicks. Characters with colour and well - character. That's what we need. Most of those Jedi are just so dull and dowdy. If I wanted religious effigies I'd visit one of those born again Christian shrines where the sell all those angel figures and jesus figures. I'd start a collection of apostles. :rolleyes: Jedi are very very dull. Brown and grey and brown and green and brown and brown. I want the Saint Yaddle figure but that's it really. Mostly I want a Yarna figure. With a Rappertunie pack-in. That'd be nice. You're not going to play ball are you? I can see this is going to be a long and lonely thred until you finally get round to making this figure. You want me to get down on bended knee and beg? You want blood, human sacrifice, jellybeans... what?

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2002, 07:58 PM
I hear you Jargo. They wouldn't go into specifics about whether or not they were making her (or any figure, why all the effusiveness for petes sake? they're only action figures after all), but they said they "we're aware she is highly sought after by a certain fanbase." Whatever that means. Sounds like doublespeak for "Creepy Englishmen" So i'm afraid your question remained unanswered. i suggest we start deluging Hasbro with yarna D'al gargan requests...

Rogue II
05-14-2002, 09:27 PM
You don't suppose Hasbro is afraid to make her after the Rancor Keeper warmed the pegs for so long. Hey, they can meld down those extra Rancor keepers and use the plastic in Yarna. Ah, yes, recycling at its best.

Jargo
05-15-2002, 06:14 AM
Thanks EP. I knew I'd hear back from one of you sooner or later just making sure it didn't slip your minds ;)

Creepy Englishmen eh? I like the sound of that. maybe I should root out my stalking hat and go annoy them at Hasbro UK for an aeon or two. When they open up the website for the UK collectors I'm sure to be a regular visitor with PLENTY of feedback for them. I'm sure they'll love that.... :evil: :D

But I suppose at least they know we want her. And that means the possibility of seeing the fat one hanging on the pegs at TRU is a slight possibility for the future. Hasbro can afford one pegwarmer per wave as they've proven in the past so there is hope. I know she wouldn't fly off the pegs in great numbers but there's plenty of people who'd like to comlete their Jabba's palace scenes who'd buy her.

Eternal Padawan
05-23-2002, 10:25 AM
I know!!! Hasbro could make a Yarna D'al Gargan figure!

(This is blatant bumping up)

:Pirate: Ahoy mateys.:Pirate:

Jargo
06-20-2002, 05:27 AM
Oh, I've found myself in here again and i seem to be trapped for all eternity. Simply bumping this back up until I see the pictures of the fat one carded and the reports of sightings all across the globe in toy stores. I guess I can dream and hope for ever the length of time I've been hanging around and bumping this back up. Funny how no-one else apart from the few who've posted seem to realise the greatness of the fat one. I still say she should pack with Rappertunie. He's small enough to be a pack in but large enough to still be a really cool figure. It'd be one more band member for the collection. Leaving just the two drummers.

Hasbro pleeeeeeeeeeeease make a Yarna D'al Gargan figure before all of my hair turns grey. I counted and I have sixteen grey hairs already. I'm getting old and I want to see this figure before I go blind and deaf and arthritic and gnarled and wrinkly and die.

Rogue II
06-20-2002, 06:41 AM
I'm right with you Emperor Jargo!*

*for the record, I only have 2 grey hairs. (Not that I'm counting.)

Eternal Padawan
06-20-2002, 08:45 AM
I don't have any grey hairs since having grey hairs leads to worrying. And worrying leads to more grey hairs. Which leads to more worrying.

You know what the most worrisome thing in my life is? Hasbro's incompetence. I swear they have betting pools in their offices on who can screw up a toy line the fastest and most effectively.

"Johnson threw articulation out the window!"

"Oh yeah? Well I just got off the phone with Target. They said they'd order 100 exclusive vehicles for ALL their stores."

"Forget the both of you. We haven't designed a new mold for the Batman series in over a decade and they STILL order them..."

" O.K. O.K. Check this out. I just shut down the Galoob AND Kenner branches. So all their creativity won't be interfering with our plans."

"Oooh. Damn. Good one Petersen. You win!"

"Thanks. So how's the trashing of the G.I. Joe line coming?"

"Well, this wave 'bites'. And this line over here will 'eat'..."

"Excellent."

Rogue II
06-20-2002, 04:08 PM
I wonder if anyone bought anything from that new GI Joe line. It seem every time I go in any store, all of the same GI Joe 2 packs are still there. Target already had some of the vehicles on clearance.

Anyway, where's my Yarna?

anarky
06-26-2002, 12:13 PM
yarna! yarna! yarna! yarna! yarna! yarna! yarna! yarna! yarna! yarna! yarna! yarna!

bigbarada
06-28-2002, 12:55 PM
I've been giving this some thought and the main reason Lucas asked Kenner to stop production on Yarna in the 80s was because of her questionable extracurricular activities. It sets a bad example for kids.

So, using that line of reasoning does a bartender (Wuher), an alcoholic (Hammerhead), a drunken thug (Ponda Baba), a stripper (Oola) and exotic dancers (Lynn Me, Greeata, Rystall) set a good example for kids? I think Hasbro is just afraid to take a chance on a fat girl figure and uses that outdated excuse for cover.

Jargo
06-28-2002, 02:08 PM
Lucasfilm has been at pains to erase the extrcurricular activities of Yarna from their records in the databank so that hasbro could have a green light on her presumably. I'm amazed that a figure like Oola got past the toy standards authorities given the near nakedness of her. Not that i don't like my Femi Taylor figure or my other near naked ladies. But just cuz she's a fat chick doesn't mean that yarna will not sell. She's ostensibly an alien lifeform and aliens always sell. If they make an Elan Sleazebaggano figure first I'll be so angry. he's a whole streak of nothing and yarna has tons of character oozing from her. The fact that she looks so weird will make her more attractive to boys than some girly figure like Sabe in Amidala disguise. yarna doesn't wear a dress so the embarrasment factor is less when purchasing her as you can make believe quite easily that yarna is male. There's very little about yarna that says female. So the EU blurb says she has six breasts, I say that the costume was just peephole and showed her belly rolls. That's why she's known as the fat dancer. To not make yarna, jabba's favourite dancer is just stupid.
They made malakili, They made Porkins so why not balance things out with a fat chick that's actually wanted and not some resculpt of a skinny chick in yet another stupid dress.

If you make a Yarna figure hasbro I'll never rag on you again. That's a promise. :)

Beast
06-28-2002, 02:15 PM
If you make a Yarna figure hasbro I'll never rag on you again. That's a promise. :)
Quick Hasbro, get Yarna into production now. You will not only please Emperor Jargo, but you'll also be buying his silence, when it comes to your mistakes. That's cheap at twice the price. ;) :D J/K Jargo, I really want a Yarna figure also. She deserves to be made, and soon.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
06-28-2002, 04:37 PM
yarna has tons of character oozing from her.

eeeeeeeeeeeewwww!

Jargo
06-28-2002, 06:14 PM
Har har har very witty. very droll, how wry, how barley, how wheaty..... :rolleyes: ;) Yes, character, that well known euphamism for........ :eek:

Y'know, if Hasbro finds it so cheap to shove articulation points all over the show in figures, they could probably give Yarna some cool points of articulation so she can be posed in a wobbly dancing position. Just give her neck articulation too so she can move her head forwards and back as well as from side to side.
Give her a bicep cut and wrist movement. just something to make her different and fun. Perhaps make her skirt from really soft rubber or some kind of knotted net like cloth rather than just a hard vinyl shroud that means you can't move the legs despite them being jointed.

Oh man i so want this figure it makes me sweat thinking about it. sweat as in anxious sweat not sweat as in "hello - woof woof, I think I'm in with a chance with this chick" That would just be sick. I wouldn't pick her up, I wouldn't know where she'd been.....

But it is about time Claire davenport was immortalised. I keep saying this and I'll keep saying it and keep saying it ad infinitum until hasbro does the do and shuts me up. :)

BillyJAck
06-29-2002, 12:54 AM
Yep they should make her along with everyone else on my ultimate return of the jedi wantlist ;) I actually like how the old prototype looks of her.

Eternal Padawan
06-29-2002, 04:02 AM
Surely Hasbro has been sitting on this one because they want to make the release of this figure a SUPER SPECIAL DELUXE anniversary figure. Well STOP all that nonsense Hasbro and put Yarna D'al Gargan on a card RIGHT NOW!

Jargo
08-17-2002, 12:17 PM
H o - h u m . . .

Still waiting for the release of Yarna Hasbro. Perhaps seeing as you plan ten months in advance you could plan to make a yarna next year now. That way we'd see her in time for summer next year which would be cool. While you're churning out all the pap to entice kiddies on summer vacation to spend their parents money you could also release some cool figures like Yarna to appease the collectors who will be a bit miffed that there's so much kiddie pap clogging the shelves in the toystores.

Yarna would be such a cool addition to the collection, she belongs with Oola and with the Gamorreans and with Amanaman and with Jabba. The palace isn't the same without old Yarna. We neeeeeed a Yarna figure Hasbro - the future of the entire collection hinges on her creation as a 3 inch articulated action figure.

I only have ten months left to live Hasbro.... please make this - before - - I - - - die.................................. :sur:

*Psst Rollo, ya think I got 'em fooled...?*

RooJay
08-19-2002, 12:52 PM
Good enough to be almost made way back when is more than good enough to be made now in this age of the collector. What's the hold-up Hasbro?

evenflow
08-19-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I'm right with you Emperor Jargo!*

I am with you too, come on Hasbro. Please make this figure!

Rogue II
08-19-2002, 04:09 PM
2003 and 2004 should be a good year for us collectors. I love non-movie years. Hopefully, Hasbro can find the time in there somewhere to produce a Yarna.

If Hasbro can find the time in a movie year to squeeze out a minor character such as Djas Puhr, Yarna should not be a problem in the next 2 years.

Oh, and my doctor told me that my spleen will fall out if I don't purchase a new Yarna figure before 2005. Its a really strange disease. Anyway, I really need this figure.:D

Eternal Padawan
08-20-2002, 09:15 PM
So...uh...what's the deal Hasbro?

I haven't posted in the Dear hasbro section in a while (or any section other than the Other Movies and General Discussion...)

Figured out how to crank out a Yarna D'al Gargan figgie yet?

(bump)

ROLLO!

El Chuxter
08-21-2002, 10:17 AM
If we're not entirely misinformed and there is a Hasbro rep reading this, just look at how many responses there have been. Six pages of requests for Yarna--maybe that should tell you something!

evenflow
08-21-2002, 01:57 PM
I guess we can hope that someone is actually reading this. Please make Yarna. (It would be nice if Bubo were included with her - hey I can dream.)

Jargo
08-21-2002, 02:51 PM
No no no no no no no no no Yarna should come with the entire room full of alien courtiers we haven't yet got. All the little ones like Bubo and Rappertunie and all the larger ones like the skiff guards and bounty hunters and servants and Jabba himself. Now that's what i'd call accessorising :D

Ok just Yarna with a critter or something. Or just Yarna without any accessory. Just Yarna it is then..... :rolleyes:

FOR THE LOVE OF BABY CHEESES, MAKE THE FAT DANCER PLEASE HASBRO!!!!!!! Malakili is getting lonely without his babe.....

Lord Tenebrous
08-21-2002, 03:50 PM
I'm liking this idea more and more every day. Only I think Hasbro is worried about putting a lot of articulation cuts on bare skin, especially enough to put her in lots of dance poses.

But for the sake of marketing, I'd say make her a deluxe figure, and re-pack Oola with her. Good for those who don't have her and want the two in a scene together, and great for those who can't get enough kinky Twi'lek dancers. ;)

TylerD
08-22-2002, 12:36 AM
Yarna would be AWESOME!

Eternal Padawan
08-22-2002, 08:19 AM
Yarna D'al gargan was Sgt Doallyn's "babe'' thank you very much.

Didn't we already have this discussion? Why do you automatically have to lump the two fat people together?

And wasn't Malikili into bestiality and stuff? He seemed more interested in the rancor than the divine Ms. Gargan.

HEY! HASBRO!

YARNA D'AL GARGAN

NOW!

Rogue II
08-22-2002, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Yarna D'al gargan was Sgt Doallyn's "babe'' thank you very much.

Didn't we already have this discussion? Why do you automatically have to lump the two fat people together?

And wasn't Malikili into bestiality and stuff? He seemed more interested in the rancor than the divine Ms. Gargan.

HEY! HASBRO!

YARNA D'AL GARGAN

NOW!

That is correct according to Tales From Jabba's Palace. If I'm not mistaken, Yarna could also make herself thinner depending on how much water she had stored in her body.

WE WANT YARNA!!!

And if you have time, a Sgt Doallyn would be nice too. But the priority is Yarna.

Jargo
08-22-2002, 03:22 PM
This little Emperor has never read the tales from Jabba's palace book. And this litle Emperor doesn't hold with the EU stuff about Yarna. Far as I'm concerned she's just a dancer who Jabba likes enough not to throw to the Rancor.
I was joking about Malikili and I was referring to his ugliness not his fatness. Also both actors were British so it seemed likely they'd be very pally.

But yes, Hasbro peoples, the little Emperor wants the fat lady now soon please thank you very muchly. :)

Geonosian
08-23-2002, 07:07 AM
Just do it hasbro!!

jjreason
09-01-2002, 01:55 AM
I think it's way past time for Yarna. Id gladly trade 24 Lukes, 16 Hans, 7 Qui Gons, 4 Jar Jars and 6 Darth Mauls for a PROMISE that Yarna will surface before epIII. Come on....please? We don't need anymore of the figures listed above (God knows if I made good on this trade I'd still have a few of each left over). We only need figures we haven't got....like Yarna!

Thanks.

PS: A liberal interpretation of the amount of skin showing on the Yarna figure would serve 2 glorious purposes - keeping her a family rated toy, and keeping our lunches where they belong. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

bigbarada
09-01-2002, 09:24 PM
Just in case I haven't expressed my support for this idea before, I will now.

Hasbro, we need a Yarna figure! Right now! (Well, okay not exactly this instant but a confirmation so that we will know to start looking for her in 10 months) Maybe make her a Fan Club exclusive if you are that hesistant about her, and if she sells well then release her to the public.

Anyways, please make Yarna, we don't need anymore Jangos or Yodas or Anakins or Darth Vaders. We just need Yarna (and several other denizens of Jabba's palace, please see my Skiff Guards thread for specifics)!!

And by the way, Jargo, my seemingly sudden support for this figure has absolutely nothing to do with my Skiff Guards thread that I just happened to post earlier today; however, your support in that thread would be greatly appreciated.;)

Jargo
09-02-2002, 03:13 PM
Well since you were kind enough to bump this back up I bumped yours for you with my support for skiff guards. :)

Please Hasbro, say that Yarna will be with us in 2003. go on...

go on

go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on.............................

you know it makes sense. ;)

Lobito
09-05-2002, 01:02 PM
I dont know if the ppl at hasbro or the link SSG has with hasbro is workin properly, but its now time to release this fig. FAST!! Lets give them 5 minutes to make this fig....hmmmm...if thatstoo fast, then we want Yarna for Ctmas eve...or 6 months.:cool:

Jargo
09-19-2002, 05:49 PM
Looking at the new mace Windu with wiggly arms controlled by that HUGE thing in his back, I was wondering if maybe some sort of gettin' down to the groove wobble action might be incorporated into a Yarna figure. Y'know, hold her legs and squeeze and yarna sways from side to side or maybe raises her arms in the air like she just don't care and waggles those ample hips back and forth....

just a thought :)

*bump*

Jargo
10-03-2002, 12:42 PM
Ok, I was joking about the wibble gimmick for Yarna. I've been looking over the list of things being released at the end of this year and the beginning of 2003 and I just - can't - seem - to - find - Yarna - anywhere on there... I must have missed her or overlooked here by accident, let me go check the list again.......

Nope, she's definately not on the list on your site so it must be a slight oversight or mistake that you missed her name off eh? :stupid: Well it'll only take your webmaster a trice to fix that, just slap her name on the end of the list and Bob's your lobster!
Can't wait to see what you do with Yarna, what fantastic little pack-in she'll come with. Cuz you are doing her right? Right.......? :happy:

right........................? :(

*bump*

RooJay
10-03-2002, 02:09 PM
I'm all for a Yarna figure, but Yarna with any kind of gimmick would probably be a very bad thing. Say for instance, Yarna with "real feel skin". Ewwwwwww!

odb
10-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Jargo,

Something tells me you might want Yarna D'al Gargan made but I can't quite put my finger on it.

You might say I am being slightly psychic, but I definetly have a feeling in my head you want her mde:rolleyes:

Jargo
10-03-2002, 07:50 PM
What makes you say that? :evil: I got to thinking just now, considering LEGO are making a new Jabba the hutt, do you think Hasbro will grace us with a new one in 2003? If they did it would be a perfect opportunity to shove out a Yarna and a Hermi Odle. If I ran hasbro I'd be shoving out in a superduper collector set of uglies Jabba, Hermi Odle and a Gamorrean resculpt. Then I'd pack Rappertunie with Yarna, Bung Ak Rev and Umpass Stay in with the thunder drums and percussion and go hell for leather selling the sets to all and sundry.

The Gamorrean would be articualted in such a way that he could be put inside the Rancor's mouth quite easily. Nice arm and leg articualtion. He should pack with a vibro staff not an axe and also come with a blaster and some sort of chain thing that could be put round one of the new tall Chewbacca's necks.

Hermi would have similar articulation to Ephant but maybe not as much. Perhaps he should pack with an assortment of weapons in a crate, or just have an assortment hidden on his body. Under his robes.

Jabba I'd make from squishy rubber, wired bendy tail and articulated arms, turning head and glassy eyes like the vintage one. I'd pack in his hookah pipe and bowl attached to his backrest. The dias is easily constructed by anyone but those bits aren't.

Yarna would have waist hip, knee and ankle articulation, ball jointed shoulders and bicep articulation. A neck that would rotate as normal but also tip back and forward. Her headdress would not be remobable and her skirt would probably have to be split three ways - front center, and both sides. Otherwise her legs wouldn't move very far. her accessory would be a glass full of grog.

Rappertunie would be constructed in a sitting positon as we see him in the movie. He should have basic head rotation and shoulder articulation but alls he need do is hold his flute and sit there. He just needs to be realistically sized at about thigh height, bigger than he looks sat on his combi water organ and flute.

Ak Rev and Umpass don't need too much articulation as they just need to look like they're hitting the thunder drums and percussion really really hard. It's the two figures, the main thunder drum, the drumheller harp, and the Bantormian Klesplong. The percussion is an important part of the set or it just won't work.

Add to this Bubo the frogdog with a character like Herat the palm frond fan holding Jawa. Jabba's Palace and the cantina need to be finished off better than they are right now. When episode three comes out it'll be the ESB anniversary. I can't see the toys lasting out for another three years so why not try and get as much completed now?

And if that's not feasible then just Yarna will do nicely thank you. :)

mark2d2
10-03-2002, 10:55 PM
I got my sandcrawler. You more than deserve your Yarna. May the Hasbro be with you.....

Jargo
10-09-2002, 06:20 PM
Well hopefully you've got your sandcrawler so lomng as it's not some vicious hoaxer pulling a fast one. It all remains to be seen in oficial confirmation. Hope so as I'd quite like one too. Yarna though, maybe hasbro might be kind later next year maybe sooner, I just have to keep plugging away.

*bump*

Rogue II
10-09-2002, 06:28 PM
I second the bump err, motion, again.

We Star Wars fans really do want Yarna.

Dave_Cameron
10-18-2002, 01:39 PM
Yeah! Bring on ol' fatty! ;)

Jargo
10-18-2002, 03:04 PM
Hi dave.

Well it's about time for my weekly request for the old fatted lady. What new accessory have I come up with for her? Just a flippin' alcove. If the cantina aliens can have a bar then why can't the Palace veterans have their alcoves to fall down drunk in? I think a few Palace patrons with a half alcove piece each would work. Buy the aliens and build up the palace piece by piece. Then Jabba can come with his dias and cooking spit as a playset to finish it off. But start off with re-released characters same as the cantina sets and for the second wave you shove in Yarna like you shoved in Kitik Keed'Kak. It's work I'm tellin' ya! :)

Oh well request over for this week........ :(

Jargo
10-24-2002, 07:40 PM
No new ideas this week just the same old request: can we have a Yarna D'al Gargan figure please? Thank you. :)

odb
10-26-2002, 01:47 PM
Looking at the new mace Windu with wiggly arms controlled by that HUGE thing in his back, I was wondering if maybe some sort of gettin' down to the groove wobble action might be incorporated into a Yarna figure. Y'know, hold her legs and squeeze and yarna sways from side to side or maybe raises her arms in the air like she just don't care and waggles those ample hips back and forth....

You could make her a deluxe figre by adding a mobile disco complete with DJ as seen at the last wedding you went to. If Hasbro really wanted wanted to over board, they could include a Karoke feature to sing along to your favourite Star Wars Tunes.:rolleyes:

Just a thought.

This is in no way, shape, or form a *bump*, but

*bump*

Jargo
10-28-2002, 08:14 PM
Have you seen the support for Yarna in the polls section Hasbro? "Which figure from Jabba's palce would you like to see next?" Yarna has a whopping margin over other choices. With Hermi Odle coming up close behind. See, I told you it would be a smart move to make her. She's in demand all righty! Okay so you don't need to go nuts on producing millions of her that'll pegwarm forever but she warrants a release at least.
She really would sell. It's a size thing isn't it? Apart from her being one of the dancers and part of the band scenario, she's a big character and people like the big characters because they represent value for money. People are prepared to pay out for smaller figures if they also get large ones to balance that out. Look how poular Dexter Jettster and Ephant Mon are. large characters that sell like hot cakes.
Please release a Yarna in 2003. pleeeeeeease. pretty please with a cherry on top. C'mon, I've been really nice lately and not slated anything. I've been really positive about the stuff coming out, I've been selling stuff to folk for you, people have changed their opinions because I've sold stuff to them, I've been giving you fantastic product ideas, I've been buying stuff in the caseloads, spent more on star wars toys this year than i did food. What do i have to do to get you to make this figure????????????

Jargo
11-01-2002, 08:41 PM
Hasbro you should really see Yarna beating the competition in a poll (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15355&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) currently running. If that isn't proof of what I've been saying i don't know what is. You just have to make her, there's no way out. Yarna, with Rappertunie, hermi odle and Bubo are the four that are coming out tops with yarna right up there beating off all competition with aplomb. It's time she was made. You could announce her now and shut me up. Say you're planning her for a late summer release. Just say she's on the schedule. There's no possible reason for not making her. I'm begging now, see how low I've stooped? But i'm begging you to make her.

Rogue II
11-02-2002, 05:28 AM
I also voted for Yarna in the current poll. You have released many figures of more obscure characters and they have done well. We have made several suggestions in other threads on how you can packager her, including, as a regular figure with another small figure, as a screen scene, and as part of a "Cantina Bar"-like Set for Jabba's palace. Please make Yarna.

evenflow
11-02-2002, 12:45 PM
Hasbro should really consider doing the Jabba Palace sets. Jabba the Hutt
Yarna D'al Gargan w/ Bubo
and other aliens

El Chuxter
11-02-2002, 03:18 PM
C'mon, you silly Hasbro people! The fact that this thread is one of a very small number that's gone strong for more than a month, much less a year (10/18/01) should tell you something. The fact that it's not only Emperor Jargo keeping it alive should as well.

Bottom line: MAKE YARNA!! Heck, if you have to, package her with Lame Darth Maul EU Variant #4,632,829--JUST GET HER OUT TO US ALREADY!!!!

Jargo
11-08-2002, 01:47 PM
Okay, time for this weeks shunt back to the top of the heap and this weeks request that you make Yarna D'al gargan please. No frills, no fuss, just a simple please can we have this figure soon. thanks. :)

Jargo
11-17-2002, 03:36 PM
I know this thread is running into dangerous territory it being mostly comprised of EMPEROR JARGO posts, but all I can say is - can we have a Yarna D'al Gargan action figure please Hasbro?

Thanks you. :)

Beast
11-17-2002, 04:58 PM
Come on Hasbro, can't you see your causing poor Jargo here emotional torment by not making this lovely lady? With the level of sculping possible now adays, I know ya could do her justice. Hell, if you are so unsure of her popularity, stick her on the next Fan Choice Figure poll. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-17-2002, 07:04 PM
I noticed on this list that's appeared that theres a wave missing, wave nine. we can but dream I suppose...... ;)

Rogue II
11-17-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Come on Hasbro, can't you see your causing poor Jargo here emotional torment by not making this lovely lady? With the level of sculping possible now adays, I know ya could do her justice. Hell, if you are so unsure of her popularity, stick her on the next Fan Choice Figure poll. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

NO! No more Fan's Choice Poll's. They divide us(that's why the Sketchtrooper won), and they are corrupt(also why the Sketchtrooper won).

If you make Yarna, we promise to keep the Star Wars line on top of the movie toys world.

Jargo
11-17-2002, 08:51 PM
We do...? um, yeah, I mean WE DO! :D

:sur: you sure about that Rogue II......?

Rogue II
11-17-2002, 09:40 PM
Well, they are the only toys I buy. Besides, its a campaign, so it is expected of us to make promises we can't keep.:D:crazed:

evenflow
11-18-2002, 07:39 AM
Well, it's very sad but Yarna does not appear on the new figures list.

Jargo
11-18-2002, 02:32 PM
Actually, If Hasbro release the stuff on that list from Yesterday I'll do my utmost to keep star wars toys on the top of the bestseller lists. That's some seriously groovy sounding sets there. I know all these lists are leaked from internal sources and all lists are therefore not final and subject to change and/or cancellation for whatever reason. But damn me blind if that isn't a fantastic list! I'm going to be so broke next year. If that came from legit internal sources then it proves Hasbro has been reading and digesting our thoughts and opinions. Multipacks, troop builder sets, screen scenes, no beasts but they could be on a seperate listing if there are any for '03. But please please please please add a Yarna figure Hasbro or at least give us some indication as to why we can't have her. We've been at pains to point out that the official site has blanked out her dubious past from that dreadful EU story. She's just a large lady dancer, Jabba's favourite no less. She deserves to be made over the sketchtrooper. Over the Darth vader resculpt, over the Mace Windu total control 'thing'...

I know you've taken things we say on board and we're all very very grateful to you for that. But please just this one figure. One fat lady. There's nothing listed for September so you could slip her in then. Even November. The end of 2003 would be fine just so long as we get her. See, i won't let up on this until we get her. I'll start invading other threads with Yarna requests so there's no escape from seeing her name. I'll start sending e-mail requests and phoning Hasbro HQ daily. I'll start a snail mail campaign and clog up Hasbro HQ with so many requests you won't be able to move. Resistance is futile, don't you see that? :)

Rogue II
11-18-2002, 03:46 PM
One fat lady.

THATS IT!!!!! Hasbro is trying to make a joke!

The last Star Wars figure Hasbro will make will be Yarna. It's ain't over until the fat lady sings dances!

Beast
11-18-2002, 03:49 PM
Quit trying to make Jargo cry. The line will continue atleast thru 2008, longer if it's renewed. Do you serious want Jargo to have to wait until atleast 2008 for Yarna? He'll go insane. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-18-2002, 03:55 PM
You mean I'm not already? well that's good to know at least. I had my doubts there for a second... :happy:

Rogue II
11-18-2002, 03:59 PM
Well, no, I don't mean to make Jargo cry. Maybe now that we cracked their secret, they will hurry up and release her.

She will be the most popular fat girl since Rosanne Rosie Oprah.

Beast
11-19-2002, 09:56 PM
Here ya go, Hasbro. Just hire this guy to make the Yarna. That way you don't have to worry about even sculpting her. I have to say, that even though he's going for a Vintage look, that she definatly would match up with the modern sculpting. :)

http://home.earthlink.net/~rshaw007/_wsn/page2.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-23-2002, 03:42 PM
I don't like that sculpt. I'm sure he pt a lot of effort into it but i don't like it and it doesn't look like Yarna. That is actually a perfect example of how not to do Yarna Hasbro. Yarna should be given the same care and attention to detail as you gave to Luminara Unduli or Dexter Jettster. She needs to be poseable but not stuck in one pose though. She should come with a drink and with a pack-in of Rappertunie on his combi water organ and flute. We've been through all of this before though.

Did you see that Yarna won the poll for which jabba's palace character we wanted next? That proves she's in demand and a popular choice. I'm sure people would rather get a Yarna figure with a Jabba's palace accessory set than another Gamorrean guard. It's just time to do her. Time to release the fat dancer. Foprget all the EU nonsense and just make a good background character. There's plenty of weird palace aliens now so we should be getting some of the humanoid ones. Start with Yarna and do Fozec or that oriental guard that's stood near Boba Fett in a lot of the pictures. Or the human rancor keeper that grabs Luke after he kills the beast.
But getting back to the point, Yarna is overdue. Why can't we have a figure of her? Serious question and it would be nice if an answer was forthcoming. Just e-mail Sirsteve with it so we know you're actually reading stuff here and we aren't just typing for the sake of typing.

Jargo
12-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Cat got your tongue eh? Another question that you could feasibly answer in other outlets, is the reason we don't have a Yarna figure because Claire Davenport didn't sign the image rights waver or is it simply because of the six breasts thing? Or is it even more simply that you don't think people want a figure of a fat chick, and a damn ugly fat chick at that? Well going on the evidence here at this site and a couple of the other high profile websites, Yarna has a lot of support, people will buy a figure of a fat ugly chick precisely for that reason. Because she's huge, she's monstrously ugly and she's a match for jabba. People will buy her because she was a cancelled figure from the vintage line and the nostalgia that people feel for those figures keeps them buying more resculpts even now. Most people have seen the pics of the prototype from the vintage days and say it's pretty fair as far as vintage figures go. Given the advances in sculpting methods and molding methods you could produce a stunning figure of Yarna. I have faith in the artistry of you guys as far as the sculpting of figures goes. That's been proven many times. I just think we could do with some rationalising of why there isn't a Yarna figure yet. Don't you think that's fair?

evenflow
12-10-2002, 06:53 AM
I say they assume no one wants an ugly fat chick. Obviously many here would disagree with that. I don't think the likeness issue should be a problem becuase to my knowledge the actress passed away. CoOme on Hasbro, get to it.

While your at it, get to a ROTJ Jabba the Hutt. :D

Jargo
12-10-2002, 09:21 AM
The likeness issue could still prove problematic if her family don't agree. Say Claire never signed away likeness rights, that means legally her family still own her likeness. Hasbro would have to work pretty hard to get the rights. Personally, seeing as Yarna is the one character Claire will be most remembered for I can't see why her family wouldn't want a figure of that memorable character produced. Unless Claire herself wasn't entirely proud of her star wars role. Perhaps it was the stupid EU backstory attached to Yarna that ruined things. Burt like i say, none of that was in the movies and doesn't come across that way on celluloid.
LFL have fudged over that part of the backstory and done some serious backpeddling on it. So, armed with a new cleaner character Bio, perhaps hasbro could approach the family to gain approval? Perhaps if the sculpt of the figure was triumphal and smiling and really represented Claire as yarna not simply yarna the character her family might think it was a fitting tribute........

I don't know. I just think it's a crying shame that such a really nice looking alien character is overlooked when we get boring alien characters like do nothing Djas Puhr, or three nanoseconds Aurra Sing instead. Claire put everything into her screen time and it shows. I think it's a disgrace that we haven't got a figure yet showing some of that energy she expended.

mark2d2
12-13-2002, 04:14 PM
come on. hasbro. enough! why hasn't this happened already?

teebo_js
12-21-2002, 11:01 AM
Just a word of encouragement from canada for yarna too.

I want her. She is amazing and we do see her in the movie. It is not like djas puhr... I am not able to see him in the movie. I play the movie at slow motion... i can't find him... So I want an action figure of a lady that dance et seem to have fun and we do see in the movie.

Let's go... make her... and sell her in canada too.

Sorry for my english...
Can i have an americain friend to practice my english?

evenflow
12-26-2002, 07:06 AM
Another fan choice poll is up, and still no Yarna. Come on Hasbro, what gives? Why can't we get a figure that we really want?

Jargo
12-27-2002, 08:28 AM
I finally got round to reading the tale of the fat dancer from the tales from jabba's palace anthology. I have to say i really do not know what all the fuss is about her backstory as she came across as one of the most endearing characters I've ever read about. She's full of warmth and compassion, resourceful and strong of heart soul and body. A woman who fought bravely to survive for the sake of her children is something to celebrate over some slip of a girl weilding a saber who prances around chasing after luke, I fail to see why Mara Jade has beebn immortalised in plastic before this heroic woman. I fail to see why hasbro has cntinually disappointed the fans who crave her over countless other characters. Seems like it's more a case of the people at hasbro not wanting to make some fat chick when they can sculpt some skinny bimbo with big boobies instead. Well i would rather buy some characters with a bit of substance than a stick insect that's front heavy. I'd rather have a character that means something to me and that engaged me in some empathic or emotional way. Yarna's tale is both moving and inspiring in a strange way. I really want a figure of her more than ever now. I can't believe that hasbro are being so bloody minded on this.

Jaff
01-03-2003, 01:39 AM
Yarna needs to be made. Everyone wants that figure, is someone at hasbro not listening, or just trying to prolong her to drag out interest in the line?

evenflow
01-04-2003, 08:32 AM
I just think they are not listening.

Rogue II
01-04-2003, 08:39 AM
They might be listening, but someone over at Hasbro made a typo in the current fan's choice poll...

We said YARNA as in fat dancin' lady in Jabba's palace, not Senator Yarua (Kashyyyk Senator):rolleyes:

bigbarada
01-06-2003, 01:28 PM
I think it would be great if Hasbro made Yarna and it did start a controversy. It would be just the thing to inject some life back into this lagging toy line.

Is the idea that since Yarna is akin to a prostitute, then she isn't fit to be made into an action figure, is lame. Couldn't Oola be considered the same thing? What does everyone think Jabba was getting all hot and bothered about when he was tugging on Oola's chain and licking his lips?

However, Hasbro had no qualms about making her, or two versions of the scantily clad Leia. They just don't want to make a fat chick action figure, that's the bottom line.:stupid:

What people really want in a toy line is something different. The same old, same old is what causes a line to stagnate and eventually die out. That is what we are getting with the new Saga lineups -- the same figures over and over and over and over...etc. I can't think of anything more innovative and different than a Yarna action figure to really shake things up.

Anyways, I really want Yarna to be made. I would definitely buy her, as she would look great next to Ephant Mon and Amanaman and (hopefully in the future) Jabba himself.:cool:

Jargo
01-21-2003, 08:44 PM
As 2unlimited might have sung:
"Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna, Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna Yarna, Yarna, there's no Yarna..."

So where is she then Hasbro? What's that - another crappy action gimmick took her place in the 2003 line up? Well that's just bloody typical isn't it. What's that - Randy says it was his decision and he's just bought a bullet proof vest? Well that's just typical that is. What's that - LFL have pushed for more violent toys despite it reflecting negatively on their PC outlook and policies? Well that's just bloody fine and dandy after you've just announced all these toys with kill/maim features isn't it. What's that - Randy says he's gettin' off on all the attention? Well that's just sick. :zzz:

Jargo
03-06-2003, 05:04 PM
Well, it's been a while so here I am back again with my request. Can we have the Yarna D'al Gargan figure please? That is all. Just plain and simple. Thank you for not listening. :rolleyes:

Rogue II
03-06-2003, 06:57 PM
I'm glad you dusted this tread off.

Dear Hasbro,

Thank you for ending the "action features" on your Star Wars figures. Now that you don't have to waste extra design time making those things, do you think you could slip Yarna onto your "to do" list? We would very much appreciate it. Thank you, have a nice day.

droidekas2
03-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Well, how long do you think this is going to go on before they give us a Yarna figure?

"But you know, the line is designed for kids and why would kids want this woman as a figure. We design for the kids because they are what keeps this line going, so we've come up with some awesome action features and gimmicks that they love."

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, they finally figured out that the action feature thing sucked.
Why dont they listen to us more often. We, the collectors, are the ones who were here and will be here when everyone else (the attention lacking kiddies) are gone. We are the ones who spend big money on their product. Listen up, Hasbro.

YARNA, YARNA, YARNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will keep this alive!!! The chant will haunt your days and nights until the call is answered.

mark2d2
03-10-2003, 04:21 PM
I'm sure I posted in this thread already --- but a long time ago, in page far, far away . . .

Where is my Yarna?! Who doesn't want this figure? She's be so dang unique and cool ---- I think she's long, long overdue . . . :crazed:

TheDarthVader
03-11-2003, 10:15 PM
I would definately buy a Yarna!!!!! Make her already!!!!

droidekas2
03-13-2003, 12:46 PM
Next year they said that we will be getting a new Jabba and more of his gang. Maybe she will finally get made.
Lets hope that they do.

jjreason
03-23-2003, 03:01 AM
I think that Ephant Mon's success is indicative of the fact that people are willing to give fatter figures a chance. C'mon Hasbro - it's long past time to give Yarna her due. Fan's choice? You betcha!!!!!!

JJR

Jargo
03-23-2003, 06:35 AM
I'm hoping that next year will be a ROTJ year too. New jabba sounds cool but will it even show in 2004? maybe it's a 2005 item. The movie opens then and what if jabba has a role in EPIII? Maybe we'll get a poo EPIII Jabba instead. One would hope for a swifter release than that though. Jabba and his minions are just a lot of fun to own. Colorful and weird looking. I love Imperial characters and troopers etc. but aliens are the mainstay of my figure collection really. And droids. It's the aliens that keep me interested. I get a buzz from alien jedi but feel nothing for the human ones. Coleman trebor has got me fired up already. But getting back to the palace, Yarna, what can i say but please make her. I've used up all my arguments and now I'm just tired and bored of waiting. Yarna - please - can we have - soon.

jjreason
03-23-2003, 12:41 PM
Hasbro - please understand that you are risking creating a financial strain on the market for Super Sculpey. If we, the collectors, are not going to get our Yarna from you, we'll be forced to buy (literally) tons of this molding compound to create the corpulent dancer of our dreams. You don't want Sculpey to go out of business as a result of your neglecting Yarna. I just can't see them being able to keep up with the demand for their product in the event that I have to create my own Yarna and post her picture here. Everyone will want one. Maybe then, you'll see that you could have made a mint off the multi-breasted one. Don't let this scenario play out! Immortalize Yarna soon!

Jargo
04-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Hey! Y'know what, i just had a brilliant idea - why don't hasbro release a Yarna D'al Gargan figure to compliment the Jabba that's coming next year? I mean she's just like the perfect choice. Not packed with him but on a card single release tertiary character. Hell, if Djas Puhr can get a figure just from sitting in a booth and doing nothing then i'm sure an exotic dancing alien can get a figure made of her.

C'mon hasbo, there's ten pages of this pleading here and god alone knows how many other requests strewn about these forums. I'd say it's a fair bet that there are more requests littering the forums of the other fansites too. It's just time to get this figure done. We know there's a rumor of a ROTJcentric year in 2004 so that would be a perfect time to do this figure, this actress justice.

*bump*

evenflow
04-09-2003, 11:36 AM
Hasbro please, we beg of you almighty one. Please make Yarna Da'l Gargan. We need her and a ROTJ Jabba the Hutt. Please. I dont think there have ever been so many posts about one figure before. Please hear our plea.

odb
04-09-2003, 02:43 PM
Well Hasbro since you appear to do the opposite of what we ask for. I am asking you not to produce Yarna under any circumstances because we obiviously don't need her to compliment Oola or Jabba at all:rolleyes:

So keep me happy Hasbro and don't make her:rolleyes:

I don't know I just making this up as I go.

Jargo
04-28-2003, 08:55 PM
Yarna yadda yadda yadda request for yadda yadda yadda please yadda yadda yadda long time fan yadda yadda yadda time yada yadda yadda 2003/4 yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah Jabba yadda yadda yadda...

OK?

*bump*

droidekas2
05-11-2003, 10:42 AM
Carry on Jargo!!

Perhaps next time that there is a Con coming up someone can ask Hasbro at their booth about her. "What's up with Yarna??"

Oh yes I forget, Haspoop will give us a "We cant comment on that figure." "No plans for that figure at this time."

Something like that. Like its a big secret and keeping it from us is a matter of national security.

Anyway keep carrying the torch Jargo, we'll be here with you till she is made!!

El Chuxter
05-12-2003, 11:33 AM
Ten pages, Hasbro. Time to get a clue. :rolleyes:

odb
05-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Ten pages, Hasbro. Time to get a clue. :rolleyes:

Does this make it eleven???????????? :D

Jargo
06-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Okay you muppets, where's the Yarna D'al gargan figure then? Hmmmmm? get to work on it now you slackers. Stop wasting your time on these crappy resculpts of Jedi and get some new characters out.

You hear me lardassboys? Get to work.

Rogue II
06-09-2003, 07:40 AM
There is no way I'm buying any Clone Wars and Star Tours figures, so Hasbro needs to quit wasting their time making them and get to work on Yarna. '04 has to be her year....or '05...or '06

evenflow
06-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
There is no way I'm buying any Clone Wars figures, so Hasbro needs to quit wasting their time making them and get to work on Yarna. '04 has to be her year....

I agree.

mark2d2
06-13-2003, 07:37 PM
i still can't believe it hasn't already happened. :(

Jargo
06-29-2003, 08:47 PM
Yes I'm back. Now, here's how it's going to happen: You at hasbro design facilities will sculpt up a wonderful Yarna D'al Gargan and Put her into a screen scene with other Jabba's palace denizens. Like a lovely Bib Fortuna, Sergeant Doallyn or Cane Addiss, Bubo or Beedo, Ak rev and Rappertunie. Then you ad this screen scene to the 2004 collections set for an early spring release. This gives plenty of time for you to get the figures approved and molds made up for production. Then you quietly slip her into a load of case assortments. Eliminating the pegwarming possibilities because by shoving other band members in with her or new palace aliens you'll guarantee her to sell. But you have to get cracking on her now. That's NOW!!!!! So i fully expect yu to make an announcement on your website around christmas with details of a Jabba's palace screen scene or two. Thank you.

BLADE
07-14-2003, 02:38 AM
Hi, brand new here, my very 1st post in fact, just wanted to say.......YARNA NOW !!!!!!! Actually, Yarna and the Tonnika Sisters NOW !!! I've wanted Yarna and the Tonnika's figures ever since I was playing with the old vintage ones back in the day. Whatever you want to do, if you have a petition, if you want to contact Hasbro, whatever, let me know and I'll stand with you all the way, keep me informed on the developments and let me know what I can do to help make this figure happen, Blade.

Jargo
07-19-2003, 10:17 AM
Hi, brand new here, my very 1st post in fact, just wanted to say.......YARNA NOW !!!!!!! Actually, Yarna and the Tonnika Sisters NOW !!! I've wanted Yarna and the Tonnika's figures ever since I was playing with the old vintage ones back in the day. Whatever you want to do, if you have a petition, if you want to contact Hasbro, whatever, let me know and I'll stand with you all the way, keep me informed on the developments and let me know what I can do to help make this figure happen, Blade.Hi BLADE, glad you've joined the fight. I would have started a petition but they don't count for much really. I'm hoping that with Hasbro doing a wave of jabba's palace figures next year that we'll get to see Yarna then. If not I highly doubt we'll ever see her. But with the detail going into some of these new figures they could really do claire Davenport justice. The new dignitaries are fantastic as are the new deluxe stuff. Rieeken lookd terrific and the Wampa looks the bees knees. If they can get so much detail into figures there should be no problem with Yarna. Her frontage could be sculpted more as fat rolls and avoid the other side of the issue completely. Good articulation in the shoulders and legs and a ball jointed waist so she could do some nifty moves. She only needs a tiny drinking vessel accesory so why not? Let's have our darling Yarna hasbro.

*bump*

Hellboy
07-19-2003, 02:03 PM
I'm hoping that with Hasbro doing a wave of jabba's palace figures next year that we'll get to see Yarna then. If not I highly doubt we'll ever see her.

I agree this would be the most likely time we could see Yarna but I just don't think its ever going to happen. :cry: It seems like such an obvious choice if there is going to be a focus on ROTJ and Jabba's Palace in the next year. How long can Hasbro keep ignoring the fact that this character is a perfect candidate for a fan's choice poll? Didn't you learn anything from the huge success of Ephant Mon. This has got to be one of the top 5 most wanted figures by serious SW collectors so COME ON HASBRO GIVE IT UP ALREADY. We are patient (well some of us are) but you must hear our cries so step up and give us what we, the fans want before its to late.

evenflow
07-19-2003, 02:44 PM
Well it looks as if we may finally be getting Jabba. I very much hope that Yarna is not far behind.

Jargo
07-21-2003, 08:44 AM
Yeah Jabba and possibly Bib Fortuna. Luke is in that wave so that only leaves two or three other figures. Chancesare they'll wimp out and re-release old ones like Ree Yees or a skiff guard. It would just be so nice if next year we got no re-releases and all new characters with just one core character in each wave. And with each wave being accompanied by a deluxe figure it bodes well. I still have a feeling that it's a little optimistic of hasbro though. Something will happen to screw up the plans.
As long as Yarna makes it this next year i'll keep the faith. weak as it is right now.

Jargo
08-15-2003, 08:26 AM
And now we know that Rappertunie is going to be released then it makes sense to release yarna too eh? pack 'em both together. 2-packs always get folk excited. Just keeping up the campaign here, I mean how many posts do i have to make before you get cheesed off enough to shut me up? Frankly, having seen some of the really nice sculpts for late 2003 and 2004 product I'm hopeful that you culd slip Yarna into the mix. Now would be the time if you're going to do it and hey, all the reasons stated above in the last god alone knows how many pages should be reason enough. three figures and the band is finished, one you've announced and the other two would make an excellent deluxe set. That leavrs just Yarna the lead dancer. Can't leave her out of the troupe can you? it just wouldn't look right if there wasn't a Yarna figure to dance round with Oola. I'll forego certain other Jabba's palace characters if it means getting a Yarna.
Until next time...... ;)

jjreason
08-18-2003, 12:15 AM
I think that maybe Yarna should AT LEAST be granted the honor of being a choice in the next fan's choice poll. Then - and possibly only then, based on next year's pending (lovely) figures - will the masses finally get a say in the next Ephant-Sized beauty to hit the shelves.

Imagine - a Yarna figure weighing in at a solid 6oz like Ephant. Almost too good to be true. Leave it up to us, Hasbro! We'll show you the way!

Jargo
08-20-2003, 03:52 PM
I think 6oz would be a little on the large side for yarna. That'd make her like some huge boulder of a figure and she isn't that fat. She just has ample frontage. She'd be nearer the size of a Gamorrean without the bulk of that pantaloon like underwear the Gamorreans wear.

Rogue II
09-10-2003, 01:50 PM
Hmmm, still no announcement for a Yarna. Maybe we should get the Red 6 website to give up the ICMG petition and start a new one for Yarna. It worked for Jek Porkins.

Kidhuman
09-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Somethings gotta be done and it needs tobe Yarna. Hasbro step up to the plate. You do a Jabba wave and know she is wanted and needed and discard her like a tissue used to blow your nose. Like most here, we want her and it willsell. Imean 12 pages right now of pleading for this figure and still nada from you. Stick her in the fan poll if you want feedback on how much she is appreciated. She will win easily said. And if you threw her upagainst somebody more wanted(cant think of any right now) she will still get votes to warrant her release into a plastic prison. So just do it and make us happy.

droidekas2
09-10-2003, 06:29 PM
2004 is to be a year for collectors, so Hasbro says.

There is a Jabba the Hut that will be released in that year.

There is a Jabba the Hut wave of figures to be released in that year.

There are still a few unannounced figures in that wave.

Yarna is a much requested figure by the collectors from Jabba the Hut's palace.

Hasbro needs to release a Yarna figure in this wave.

It is the most logical place for her.

It must be done.

Many collectors will be happy, so will Jabba.

evenflow
09-26-2003, 10:05 AM
As much I am pumped fo rthe news from Hasbro, it still looks like we will not be getting our girl. I really hope that she gets announced shortly. I still have hope.

mark2d2
09-29-2003, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I keep holding out hope myself. The new three pack sounds pretty cool, but not nearly as cool as a Yarna could be. The other new Jabba aliens, cool, great, whatever. But STILL NOT YARNA!!!

Jargo
10-03-2003, 07:27 PM
Elom, Goldarned Elom?!!!!!!! it's the most boring looking frickin' alien ever created in five minutes before a shoot ever!!! I cannot believe they chose Elom over Yarna. Just what kind of assclowns are running star wars hasbroken? For crying out loud just get with the medication you frickin morons and make with the interesting toys. A frickin grey fuzzball over an elegant fat chick with nice colours and interesting costume? Oh no says hasbroken we'll choose the most drab and dull looking character ever created and make it a toy for kids and collectors. It has no accessories it has no real backstory, it interacts with no other character in the whole entire frickin movie!!!!!! :mad: And another B'ommar monk? Like we need one of those right. It'd better be the human kind and not the droid because if they bumped Yarna for a rehash i'll be mad. Oh and then we have the third figure, another fuzzball that doesn't interact with anyone in the movie and looks bland and dull and grey. Hasbro sure must have stocks in brown and drab grey plastic chips then for them to be dumping all over us with all these crappy looking figures in bland boring plasticine brown. Hasbro i hate every last motherchucking one of you. Y'hear me? every last one of you. Oh yeah and i don't collect any more either. My habit was hanging by a slim thread but this takes the biscuit really. Hey look, you just lost one more heavy spender. Pillocks.

jawachef
10-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Yeah make Yarna, you made the vintage prototype allready, what's the holdup!

droidekas2
10-05-2003, 11:52 AM
Elom and Jquille have very similar bodies. Hasbro will probably do like they are doing with the Imperial Dignitaries, use the same body and different heads, paint applications, etc. to make them slightly different.

Who knows when we will get Yarna now.

evenflow
10-27-2003, 10:29 AM
I think its about time for a new fan choice poll. (well actually i think it is always a good time for one) I think Yarna should really be included.

When was the last poll, i dont remember how long ago. Are we do for another anytime soon?

Beast
10-27-2003, 11:40 AM
Elom and Jquille have very similar bodies. Hasbro will probably do like they are doing with the Imperial Dignitaries, use the same body and different heads, paint applications, etc. to make them slightly different.

Who knows when we will get Yarna now.
It's possible. But highly doubtful, actually. Elom is is very short. Standing between 1.3 - 1.6 meters tall. Where as J'Quile is listed as being over 2 meters tall. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
10-27-2003, 03:34 PM
The fact that Yarna is not coming over some of these not nearly as interesting Jabba Palace aliens has got me thinking? Heck, I'd never even heard of most of them and yet here they come down the line as toys.

Is there something sinister at work here?

Like does Lucusfilm now find her too obscene to be a toy or something?
Seriously, what gives? Why have we not seen her?

Clearly the demand is there. . . :(

droidekas2
10-30-2003, 03:03 PM
Looks like it was entirely possible and highly probable that they use the same body for both figures. They did.
Given that they were doing it with a few other figures I wasnt suprised.
It doesnt bother me that they do that if it means we get more figures.

evenflow
12-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Is it time that we once again give up hope for the coming year. How much longer will we have to wait.

Jargo
12-06-2003, 03:51 PM
Sickening isn't it that we get one more dreadful Hoth soldier but no Yarna. Harumph.

evenflow
12-19-2003, 06:34 PM
Well Rebelscum has a new rumors list up and Yarna is on it. I can only hope that it is true.

AmanaMatt
12-19-2003, 07:08 PM
This is a *must* Jabba alien. Every since that brand manager from Star Wars kinda knocked her some time back, I put this on my list of 'wants'; man, that guy is one dumb (add expletive here)-head!

evenflow
02-07-2004, 08:48 AM
Well Toyfair is appraoching and still only that 1 rumor of Yarna. Will Hasbro finally show us and give us the lovely lady we want, or will we have to wait another year and wonder?

Rogue II
04-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Dear Hasbro,

I just thought I'd bump this thread up to remind you that you still haven't made Yarna, and to show you there is still some interest in the figure.

okluvyabubbye

Kidhuman
04-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Interest indeed. :beard:

evenflow
04-15-2004, 12:51 PM
The ultimate interest.

TheDarthVader
04-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Yes. I would definitely buy TWO. One carded and one to open and inspect. HASBRO...........MAKE THE FIGURE!!

evenflow
06-24-2004, 08:58 AM
It's been a while, come on Hasbro here is your chance with the OTC. Make her

JEDIpartner
07-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Yarna! Yarna! Yarna!!!! Malakili needs his fat wife to keep him company! :D

Kidhuman
07-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Yarna! Yarna! Yarna!!!! Malakili needs his fat wife to keep him company! :D

Especially since their pet died. :D :beard:

evenflow
07-24-2004, 10:04 AM
Another convention and still no sign of her :(

evenflow
04-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Well Hasbro, we have given you some time, and maybe you have forgotten about us. But we are still here and still want Yarna!!!!!!!!!!

Kidhuman
04-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Ditto ^^^ :beard:

jedi master sal
04-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Yeah what he said...

Rogue II
10-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Dear Hasbro,

We are still waiting for Yarna.

2-1B
10-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Yarna !
Yarna !
Yarna !

Kidhuman
10-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Where is she hasbro?

Jargo
11-09-2005, 07:40 PM
just popping in to a section i don't bother with anymore, i.e. toys. I just wanted to say that since my post stating that i wouldn't be buying hasbro toys again I haven't spent a single penny on anything produced by hasbro.
I've been making sure that Palisades get all my money. well the toys budget anyway.
Frankly, looking at the dross hasbro is vomiting out like the choppers and the transformers it seems clear to me that the management of the star wars department is entirely made up of a group of autistic crippled lobotomised poop flies.
I highly doubt I would even consider buying a Yarna figure now. Not from a company that appears to have zero respect for the consumer, and zero respect for their employees.
I'm quite sure hasbro is laughing all the way to the bank and quietly grinning at the fact that smaller companies can't compete in this era of escalating production costs. It must lead to cosey fulfilled sleep knowing that those small companies may soon be out of business. leaving hasbro to seize the monopoly on global toy manufacturing.
but then, let's not forget lucas licensing who allow this behemoth/juggernaut of a company to churn out crud like star wars choppers and transformers and seems to care nothing about the actual quality of goods one iota.

Hasbro doesn't listen to fans or collectors, they listen to the kerching of the money rolling into their bank account. and that is all.

I looked at all my star wars toys that I'd bought and it made me feel ill knowing I supported this heinous company. so I threw everything in the trash and had it crushed at the local dump. Sure it all cost a lot of money but frankly it felt dirty having this stuff in my house.

So i'm sorry guys, I know I championed the cause for a while, but now I simply don't care.

my heart is with Palisades and the other smaller companies. The ones who do listen and do care. Who put their heart and soul into producing toys of good quality and don't sell their consumer base short.

Devo
11-10-2005, 08:00 AM
I looked at all my star wars toys that I'd bought and it made me feel ill knowing I supported this heinous company. so I threw everything in the trash and had it crushed at the local dump.

:shocked:

While I agree they are churning out a portion of crap such as the offending lines you mention there is still some worthwhile stuff being made in the 3 3/4 line. I guess I just don't understand how you can have reached that level of disillusionment at the fault of Hasbro. If I were to reach where you are now, and I almost did twice, it wouldn't necessarily be because I was ****ed off at Hasbro, it'd be because I let toys rule my life far too much. I almost became sane there on those 2 occasions but I managed to sidestep that landmine.

Droid
11-10-2005, 08:39 AM
I looked at all my star wars toys that I'd bought and it made me feel ill knowing I supported this heinous company. so I threw everything in the trash and had it crushed at the local dump. Sure it all cost a lot of money but frankly it felt dirty having this stuff in my house.

Couldn't you have given them to some children or sold them and given the money to charity? Gee whiz!

Jargo
11-10-2005, 12:16 PM
no. not really. I don't like children much, they smell of milk, vomit and candy. and seeing as they would have trashed the toys anyway I saved time and trashed them at the dump. besides it was a symbolic gesture. a purging.

I already do charity work. I don't give money to salve my soul i give time. do the work. A lot of money given to charity goes on administration anyway and rarely reaches the people you gave for. but that's digressing.

jjreason
12-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Dear Hasbro, I'm writing you in hopes of letting you know that once again I'm disappointed in hearing that you won't be including Yarna D'al Gargan - the last, great-yet-unrepresented-in-plastic heroine of the Original Star Wars Trilogy of films in your Saga lineup of action figure toys for the year 2006. With over 1000 figures produced by now (surely there must be, I haven't done the math), I fail to see how a character of her sheer magnitude has stayed off your radar.

Face it, she's huge. I fear that you're prejudiced against either people of grandiosity (fat folks), people of green hue, or people with a few too many breasts. Well, Hasbro, I'd like you to know that I've met each and every one of those descriptions at different points during my adult life (usually when I've had too much to drinky-poo the previous night), and I don't take kindly to these slights.

Get 'er made, guys. It's long past time. :mad:

Rogue II
12-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Well, if Hasbro won't make it on their own, we have a chance via the www.wizarduniverse.com poll.

Vote Yarna.

Jargo
01-01-2006, 10:36 AM
I decided to vote yarna. I won't be buying anything hasbroken makes ever again but i'll still vote for the maltreated gal. And I still say the EU stinks for taking what is obviously fat rolls and turning them into breasts. The lady was a fat dancer wearing a revealing costume with slits across the torso. All's it shows is a fat lady's fatty spare tyres.
I'd like to propose a public burning of the book 'tales from Jabba's palace' for it's heinous slur on the character of yarna.
Obviously hasbroken puts little faith in female figures selling. In the same way ethnic faced figures aren't produced. But then with such a conservative outlook to toy manufacturing anyway and a mascot that's the most stupid and useless toy ever created. I mean a potato? The company mascot is a potato? Jeez, this is 2006 not 1956. Get with the programme. Fact is the world is a multi ethnic place and most of the world is of a large build. Telling me people wouldn't identify with a fat chick dancer with warts? look around at all the stuff other companies sell really well. all the horror figures and twisted freaks in figural form. Yarna is tame compared to those. She's tame compared to some of the creatures hasbroken has already produced for the star wars line. If a three pack of Jabba's palace denizens can sell with that godawful ugly frog/dog thing in it then a fat dancer who is iconic in terms of star wars lore must surely have some good going for her. I mean packaged with some other 'must have' character or as part of a boxed set.
And don't say she wasn't on screen long enough to be deemed a viable option, you're making Hem Dazon, a character who is on screen for like two seconds of total screen time. and wasn't anything more than a puppet head.
And let's not forget that Yarna is actually Jabba's 'FAVOURITE' dancer. Just look at the scene where Yarna flirts with jabba while she dances. Jabba loves her. You can't have a Jabba's palace set up without Yarna. I mean for every ten dumb non movie amateurish repaint clonetrooper figures produced it's leaving less space for real movie characters. wasted time and resources and money. Yeah the clones were pretty cool, but enough already. There are a million other cooler looking characters to make. This isn't the batman line enough with the repaints. Diversity and creativity and imagination. get back on target and do what you do and get these other characters done. before the star wars line disappears up the ******* of apathy and boredom.

Jaff
01-26-2006, 01:31 AM
For over three years this site has had a Yarna thread Hasbro.

You and I both know you read study all threads on this site!

Give the fans what they want, are you not tired of seeing this thread reprduced over and over again. Save your researchers one less thread to browse.

jjreason
03-15-2006, 12:12 PM
THE TIME IS NOW!!!!! DON'T DALLY, CAST A VOTE FOR YARNA TODAY!!!!

This post is meant to rally the troops - we've been keeping hope alive for over 3 years, let's get together and vote our gal into plastic posterity!!!!!

Clickez-vous maintenant, s'il vous plait!

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/toyfare/TF20060313-tf_poll.cfm

Rogue II
03-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Now is the time, and the time is now. This is probably the only chance we'll ever get a Yarna figure to add to our Jabba's Palace Diorama.

In the words of Peter Griffith..."C'mon."

Just do it.

Kidhuman
03-15-2006, 01:03 PM
She almost had a figure in 83 it says. Why not make one today then? My vote went to her.

Slicker
03-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Yep. They had her in the most basic of mock ups back in the 80's which is strange if you really think about it.

I too voted for her. She would really complete many a Jabba's Palace diorama.

2-1B
03-15-2006, 01:30 PM
I voted Yarna but Hermi was tempting. :)

Those EU choices are terrible.

El Chuxter
03-15-2006, 02:14 PM
All hell can't stop us now! All hell can't stop us now!

Hopefully, even if she doesn't win this X-Box-fest poll, at least Hasbro will see she ranked in the top 25 nominations from a really enormous pool of characters and pull their heads out of their bums.

Droid
03-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Book another one for the Yarna.

Jargo
03-15-2006, 05:06 PM
If she wins then i'll buy her. my one and only purchese in how long? anyways, I voted severally via a couple of people so really it was more people voting I just pursuaded them to do it for the sake of Claire... *godresthersoul* if she wins I want her to come with one of those funky table things from the palace that you see in the alcoves, the ones with multiple layers and scatter cushions and stuff around. Like right next to the slab of Lan. or maybe a decent sitting down Salacious Crumb that will fit properly on her arm or Ephant Mon's arm or in front of Jabba. And i don't mind anbout hermi not winning as he's bound to be made at some point. i even read rumours of him being on a list for this year anyway. at one of those always right because they have such glorious leaders websites that post the most banal drivel every day just to look busy. the ones we aren't supposed to link to any more.

I'm really tired. i have no enthusiasm. I'm going now.

evenflow
03-20-2006, 08:19 PM
I of course voted for her and had a few others do so as well. I think this really is our only chance I hope she wins.

DarkArtist
03-25-2006, 04:00 PM
I had a strange dream last night that I went to Walmart, Target, TRU, and Kay Bee Toys and all there pegs were clogged with Yarna.

Really I hope that Hasbro does eventually make her for the fans that want her but as for me I will pass. However there is hope for the Yarna fans, if Hasbro checks out Ebay for Custom Action figures, perhaps they will release that fans are willing to pay decent prices for a fake Yarna figure.

Also, and I know I have said this before, but I will say it again, this is why Hasbro needs a online Collector's Club. This way fans can vote for who they want and Hasbro can possibly make a few of the choices available for those of us who really want the figures. Also it might be the best chance for a Yarna figure. I really can't see Hasbro making this figure for mass retail, and not to **** anyone off, I can't see her winning the poll. I mean I wish her well, but I think Hasbro will go with either the SA Final Duel Luke, one of the Padme's or an EU figure like Kir Kanos or Kyle Katarn. I can see them also choosing one of the Solo Kids as well, and that would be the launching pad for a new line of EU, can't make one of the kids leave the rest alone. As far as Clones, they are a sure fire sell, so once again I can see Hasbro making these guys available in future waves.

As far as ICMG, I can see Hasbro only making this figure if they had a club. I can't see the appeal for Hasbro to make this guy, afterall, what purpose would he serve ? On those hot Bespin nights, ICMG makes all the Cloud City kids Tibanna Gas Cones?

Jargo
03-26-2006, 05:29 PM
it's a poll. a fan's choice not a hasbro choice. hasbro shouldn't be 'going' with anything but the figure/s that are winners in the poll. otherwise it serves no purpose and has wasted a lot of peoples time.

the way I see it is that people should be voting for the movie characters first. Then the EU. and voting for large characters over smaller ones. smaller ones are easily slotted into assortments. large characters like Hermi Odle or Yarna don't fit in so well and screw with case assortments like Ephant Mon did. thus have less chance of making the cut.

If it was up to me I'd do Hermi and Yarna in one set. Boxed up. sold at the beast price point. joint winners. and boxed it would make them fit a case better. At this point it's probably the only way I'd even consider buying anything hasbro produced.

2-1B
03-27-2006, 02:45 AM
If it was up to me I'd do Hermi and Yarna in one set.

Me too, they are BOTH so hot and alluring that I would want them at the same time.

Jargo
03-27-2006, 04:06 AM
oh you bad bad boy! :bandit::whip:

Rogue II
05-25-2006, 02:16 PM
If it was up to me I'd do Hermi and Yarna in one set. Boxed up. sold at the beast price point. joint winners. and boxed it would make them fit a case better. At this point it's probably the only way I'd even consider buying anything hasbro produced.

That works for me. It would probably cost close to $20, but it would be worth it. They should revive that deluxe line that brought us the Saga Jabba, Wampa, and Ewok Glider anyway.

jjreason
05-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Sold. Toss in a bar stool or bar end, and I'm good for $29.99 easy.

TheDarthVader
05-29-2006, 06:47 PM
At a $19.99, I'd buy two sets. It's funny because I mentioned a two pack like this in the saga section under the kir kanos thread, and I had never read what mr.daddypants wrote on 3-26. Great minds think alike.

B.
TDV

JEDIpartner
05-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Hermi and Yarna? Yeah!! "Fatty Fatty two-pack"!!! I'd be down for that!! :thumbsup:

Jargo
05-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Badgering hasbro since 18th October 2001.

evenflow
06-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Well our only chance is going to be revealed. The fan choice poll will be revealed in the JUly toyfare. I hope she wins.

Rogue II
07-05-2006, 11:35 AM
The good news is that Yarna finished 1st in Rebelscum exit poll, and two of the other top 5 are rumored for next year (Jedi Luke and Galactic Marine).

Herme Odle is already rumored for next year, how awesome would it be to get Yarna, also?

figrin bran
07-05-2006, 09:27 PM
i have a feeling that all you fans of yarna daspace***** will be pleased by the results. of course, it's just a hunch and i have been known to be wrong. from time to time.

Jargo
07-06-2006, 01:30 PM
would be cool. I won't get my hopes up though. And i still say she's only got one pair of funbags and the rest is just fat bulging through her revealing costume. EU be damned! "Yarna D'al Gargan - Jabba's favourite dancer" Is how I'd label her. And if Oola is coming next year then it'd be a good time to release yarna while they're at it.

Rogue II
07-06-2006, 02:57 PM
I'll agree with her only having one pair, it just the strange cut of her shirt and the rolls of fat that make it look like three sets.

Yarna is still the prime example why some women shouldn't wear tubetops...or in her case, three.

2-1B
07-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Ahhhhhhhh!

jjreason
07-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Well, she didn't win. I'm horrified, mortified and frightened by the fact that the EU Geeks (yes, I said it) were numerous and powerful enough to vault their favorites into the top 3 positions - I'm not even sure ol' Yarna cracked the top 5. :(

As far as movie characters go though, I think she certainly did.... and with any luck (except bad luck) Hasbro will finally see fit to honor her glorious bulbosity with a plastic effigee.

Rogue II
07-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Maybe Toyfare wasn't the best place to have the poll. There are all sorts of non-Star Wars collectors there, specifically, video game figure collectors. Maybe someone like EE or the fanclub could get her as an online exclusive like Oola was.

jjreason
07-12-2006, 08:25 PM
You know, that's a good call. That mag is for action figure geeks, not SW geeks. A poll hosted at the official site might provide a better idea as to what SW fans truly want - EU or Movie figs.

That being said, I can't imagine there are many SW fans out there that DIDN'T know about the poll. Maybe it IS accurate. :(

Darth Cruel
07-13-2006, 10:17 AM
I don't see any reason to assume that a whole bunch of non-Star Wars action figure collectors (it is difficult for me to get my brain around the probability that there are people out there who collect other things than Star Wars as primar...or only...collections) voted on the poll and submarined Yarna (and Wilrow). I see it being reasonable that a few non-Star Wars collectors may have voted...but it seems like a reach to give too much credit (or blame depending on your POV) to non-Star Wars collectors.

I don't like to be hateful and my own opinion would only serve to anger Yarna and Wilrow fans so I will leave it at "I do think the figures have a place in my collection and when the time comes, I do hope they get made". I want EVERY single character that graced the movies, cartoons, TV show, comics, books and every other media avenue to be made. But all in their order of importance to the story (except the SA clones which are my own pet figures, I want them all next!).

El Chuxter
07-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Keep in mind that, about 1-2 years ago, in their Star Wars special issue, Toyfare bashed Yarna, the idea of a Yarna figure, and those of us who want a Yarna figure.

Stupid Toyfare. I hope Darth Revan pegwarms.

Rogue II
07-13-2006, 11:02 AM
I still think the location may have influenced the decision a little, along with some of the other choices that split the vote among OT-fans, like Herme Odle, Jedi Luke, etc. Plus, this is the first time a lot of EU characters have been in a poll. And in this poll, the EU voters spoke more in unison that the OT-fans. While I respect the decision, I reserve the right to make fun of EU the same way I make fun of the PT. I don't buy any toys from the prequels either, unless they are in the OT-related. For example, form the ROTS line, I bought Tarkin, C-3PO, Red Royal Guard, the Emperor, the preview astromech, and the astromech from the last wave.

I've said it before. Wilrow "ICMG" is a joke that just isn't funny anymore. If they were gonig to make a background human from the movies, I'd ask for the human skiff guards.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go find some more EU characters that look like GI JOE.

Banthaholic
07-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Darth Revan might end up being cool being a sith and all, but then he'll have no one to battle against and until then I'm sure we'll see numerous EU threads looking for such.

Yarna on the other hand would fit nicely into a Jabba's Palace scene. She is one of the few remaining member of the 'Band' scene that hasn't been released. Is she the most attractive to look at, no, but then again Ree Yees isn't nothing to bring home to the folks either.

Here's hoping that the powers that be at HAsbro will at least have contructively though, there are alot of people that might like this one. If they're worried it might warm, through it in a multipack or deluxe two-pack with something they know will sell well.

Rogue II
07-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Yarna on the other hand would fit nicely into a Jabba's Palace scene. She is one of the few remaining member of the 'Band' scene that hasn't been released. Is she the most attractive to look at, no, but then again Ree Yees isn't nothing to bring home to the folks either.

The band... the band...
DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT?
THE BAND!
DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT?
What light?
HAVE YOU SEEEEN THE LIGHT?
YES! YES! JESUS H. TAP-DANCING C---T... I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!
!

Our new Yarna campaign slogan should be, "We're on a mission from God."

It's 106 miles to Pautuxent, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.

jjreason
07-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Call me the eternal pessimist, but I truly feel this was Yarna's only hope of ever getting made. I'm truly sad about the results of this poll - especially if you consider the direction the hobby must be going if these are honest results. I see fewer and fewer figures of interest in my future.

Jargo
07-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Actually a boxedset of the truly obscure would be a cool idea provided the characters really were obscure. Like Loje nella (toadstool teror) only sen in one panned shot in the palace throne room. it's behind the pillar yarna stands next to in one shot over her shoulder as someone comes into the throne room. Loje nella is there in shadows behind that pillar and only a small part of the puppet is ever seen. and then it's blurry. Or the guy in the blue jacket in mos Eisley as Luke and Ben travel from the used speeder lot to docking bay 94. He's got a belly, he's got a moustache. he wears a funky blue jacket, he mysteriosly crops up no less than three times on the travelling shots. how does he do it? who cares, he's obscure but beautiful. Or how about Zey Nepp from the outlander club. Originally he had the head of a Sullustan. but in post production they shoved a head on him from Pablo Jill. Who knows why. he's sure obscure though. How about the two rodian girls seen outside the outlander club as Zam escapes her speeder. and then after in the outlander club as Anakin enters. exactly the same rodians. fast runners or just time jumpers? they're obscure and look so cool.
How about Erdan the freakishly tall dude from mos Espa with his face painted black and white. or Elis Helrot........... Hehe sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Rogue II
02-13-2007, 12:04 PM
In honor of Mr. Daddypants' birthday, and the lack of a Yarna figure at Toyfair, I decided to revive this thread.

We're still waiting, Hasbro.

El Chuxter
02-13-2007, 12:18 PM
At least we're not still waiting for the "s***-kicked-out-of-him p**** Vader" we've been begging for.

Please note sarcasm.

Droid
02-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Galactichunter is quoting an interview with Hasbro where Hasbro said Yarna is not "in the mix" for this year and that she will be a tough sell.

I could just go nuts here. She polled in their precious Toyfare poll as the most requested character FROM THE MOVIES, which by the way makes her the most requested figure from the original trilogy, and from Return of the Jedi. They already did a sclupt IN THE '80'S. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE?

El Chuxter
02-13-2007, 06:35 PM
It's cheaper to give us pink clones and black Royal Guards. :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
02-13-2007, 07:25 PM
I dont know whats wrong with Hasbro, if we are saying it will be bought then make it and take our money please. I will give you my first born for a Yarna figure.

Droid
02-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Every possible reason they could offer for not making this figure makes no logical sense.

And another thing that makes me angry - you all may remember how upset many of us were with Hasbro's "joke " about Yarna and ICMG in the "best wave ever April Fool's joke". Well a lot of people took that "joke" as a sign that we were getting Yarna and told all of us to calm down. Well guess what? 24 years after ROTJ and 12 years since the modern line launched and since she was named the MOST wanted original trilogy figure Hasbro still isn't sure they'll get around to her.

We have Slave Leia, Oola, Outlander Twilek, so what is there risque argument?

We have the most recent Naboo Soldier and Pote Snitkin so what is their argument about obscure characters?

Argh and argh and argh.

Slicker
02-13-2007, 10:29 PM
I think they're NOT making her because we want her. They wanna see how far we'll go.lol

What we should do is get together with ALL of the other sites that ask questions and have all of the sites ask the very same question about Yarna. Word for word. Maybe that'd get the point across.

El Chuxter
02-14-2007, 12:19 AM
I felt certain they wouldn't have the huevos to pull a stunt like that April Fool's joke if at least one of the figures wasn't planned, most logically Ms d'al Gargan.

I was wrong.

jedi master sal
02-14-2007, 10:02 AM
I can't remember now, who was the figure made from the wave they played a joke on us?

JEDIpartner
02-14-2007, 11:58 AM
I'd pay $20 for a Yarna/Oola (repack) set at this point. And I don't even NEED another Oola!!!

El Chuxter
02-14-2007, 12:22 PM
I can't remember now, who was the figure made from the wave they played a joke on us?

Funeral Pyre Vader
Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon
Yarna d'al Gargan
Dead Jawas
Dead Owen and Beru
Wilrow Hood

Uh, by my count, none made, none yet rumored. :mad:

Darth Cruel
02-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Hasbro should just come outright and say "Forget Yarna D'al Gargan, she is just too miserable a character to get an action figure" and get it over with. I am starting to feel sorry for the Yarna camp. Those of you who have fought so long for the figure get the award for tenacity. Even above the Wilrow Hood camp.

Personally, I would LOVE to see a new special edition ROTJ that she is removed from completely. If that were the only thing changed about the movie from it's most recent incarnation, I would buy it and forsake every other version.

But the Yarna fans have really put their hearts into their plight for her to get a figure. Your tenacity could be compared to great gameness in a Pitt Bull Terrier. You guys have grabbed on to the fight for a Yarna figure like a Pitt Bull biting onto a throat. You have refused to let it go and nobody has been able to pry you loose from it. You have crushed it until the animal breathing through it has died a grisly death. I will almost hate to see the fight end.

DarkArtist
02-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Hasbro should just come outright and say "Forget Yarna D'al Gargan, she is just too miserable a character to get an action figure" and get it over with. I am starting to feel sorry for the Yarna camp. Those of you who have fought so long for the figure get the award for tenacity. Even above the Wilrow Hood camp.

Personally, I would LOVE to see a new special edition ROTJ that she is removed from completely. If that were the only thing changed about the movie from it's most recent incarnation, I would buy it and forsake every other version.

But the Yarna fans have really put their hearts into their plight for her to get a figure. Your tenacity could be compared to great gameness in a Pitt Bull Terrier. You guys have grabbed on to the fight for a Yarna figure like a Pitt Bull biting onto a throat. You have refused to let it go and nobody has been able to pry you loose from it. You have crushed it until the animal breathing through it has died a grisly death. I will almost hate to see the fight end.

I have to agree here with Darth Cruel. I think Hasbro has officially said that Yarna is no more, at least with that April Fools bit. But I will give everyone who wants this figure credit, you truley are the biggest fans of the Yarna Fan Club. Would I buy one if she was released, I would go with a yes but only because she would complete the Jabba's Palace display I working on. If she was never made then so be it.

2-1B
02-18-2007, 05:06 PM
LFL seemed to put the hammer on the original one they were going to make back in the day...I'm sure that didn't transfer over from Kenner to Hasbro though, could it?

The newest Insider has a pic of the prototype and an article on it.