PDA

View Full Version : Possible delays in Walmart shipping preordered Gunships?

jad
08-13-2002, 09:43 AM
Hey folks, I preordered my Rep. Gunship from Walmart.com about a month ago. Anyway I knew that the site stated it would be arriving at my house on our around 8/15/02. So the other day I checked out my account on their site to see if my item had been shipped yet.
Unfotunately it hadn't been shipped, and it still said "Backordered". So I waited a couple more days and still it hadn't shipped. I decided to write to the customer service, via e-mail, and see If they could tell me when the expected shipping date would be. The following is the reply I got:

Dear Mr. Walton,

Thank you for shopping at Walmart.com. We truly appreciate your
business.

We are writing to apologize for our delay in shipping the Star Wars
Episode II: Republic Gunship from your order #2677022960593, which is
currently on backorder. We regret that we cannot estimate a date as to
when the item will be shipped. We are working to resolve this issue as
quickly as possible.

If you would like to cancel this order, please contact our Help Desk at
help@walmart.com or call toll-free at 1-800-966-6546.

Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

Sincerely,

Ricky
Customer Service at Walmart.com

So I don't know how to take that, hopefully someone can figure out when it's supposed to ship. If their gonna ship slower than say toysrus.com I might just cancel my order and get it through them. I'd appreciate anyone elses insight into this as well. Thanks :)

DARTHVADERUSA
08-13-2002, 12:04 PM
I ordered the gunship in May. I checked my order & it also says it is backordered.

I also ordered the arena playset. It showed a September ship date. Possibly they will hold thegunship till the playset comes in.

I agree with you, if I can find it at TRU or a walmart store, I will cancel my order.

Darth Annexis
08-13-2002, 01:16 PM
Don't worry...that is a canned responce, they can't check on the status of your order any more than you can...they just needed to respond. Wait until the 15th...then worry.

jad
08-13-2002, 02:19 PM
Ok thanks or the input.
I just was wondering right now because you'd think if it was gonna be coming any time soon they would have updated my shipping information under my profile section, letting me know that it's atleast shipped.

Oh well nothing to get excited about I guess, i'm just looking forward to this toy most of all :)

Anyone else out there preordered this from walmart?

Darth Annexis
08-13-2002, 02:27 PM
I did order two then cancelled them because walmart said they would charge my debit card. So a month ago I re-ordered 2.

I am looking forward to getting it and I am sure that there will be a shipped notification real soon!

JEDIpartner
08-13-2002, 05:46 PM
I don't think there is a need to panic. They'll come through. I'm sure they have had enough pre-orders to know what they need initially.

Tycho
08-13-2002, 07:50 PM
I ordered 4. I can't wait either. I'm going to open and crew them all!

tagmac
08-13-2002, 08:45 PM
I cancelled my order a few weeks ago. I'll wait until it arrives in stores, then decide if I still want it.

Thunderstorm1
08-15-2002, 03:31 PM
Just noticed on the Walmart.com site, that the link to preorder or even information link is no longer valid. You get a message saying page not found!

Any comments on what this might be?

Val Da Car
08-15-2002, 04:33 PM
I called my local Wally World and the UPC code is valid in their system but it is not available for order....as of yet.
The system shows mine as ready but no other information is yet available. Which shipping method did you choose. I chose Priority as my shipping method.

Val Da Car
08-15-2002, 04:35 PM
As for the errors on the Wal Mart page it has been crashing all day and as of now I can't even login and check the order status....quit checking your status so I can check mine!!! j/k

;-)

jad
08-15-2002, 05:13 PM
I decided to just cancel my order with Walmart since I really didn't get any help from their reply and I would rather deal with buying online from someone I know will ship to me as soon as possible.

So I placed a preorder with Toysrus or Amazon.com. I've delt with them many times in the past and i've always been very happy with my orders. I also found a great coupon to use with the order. The coupon is good for $5 off any $35 and up puchase at toysrus.com. It's valid until 8/31/02. So if anyone wants to place an order with amazon for the gunship or anything else, here's the coupon code.

CHNKBKAMZNLT

Enjoy :)