PDA

View Full Version : The blue battel droid?

mylow thehutt
08-13-2002, 05:22 PM
Whens he comming out,I thought we were getting one?:confused:

Beast
08-13-2002, 05:31 PM
Well, Battle Droid (Blue) did show up on early Hasbro internal lists, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of him since then. He may have been delayed, or Hasbro was using that name for the Super Battle Droid. I'm sure we'll get one sooner or later. Since it's the only Battle Droid that we don't have in the line yet. Well, other then the craptaculer one that came with the Mini Tank. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
08-13-2002, 05:41 PM
I'm willing to bet that they used that for the Super Battledroid since they really didn't call them "Super" Battledroids in the film.

Jek Porky 2002
08-13-2002, 05:43 PM
I would love to see a Pilot Battle Droid, maybe he could come with one of those big wheels that can be seen in the back ground on the Trade Fed Droid Ship, hurry up Hasbro!

Beast
08-13-2002, 06:03 PM
I've posted about this before, but since Cinema Scenes are coming back next year, I would love to see a Neimodian Bridge Cinema Scene. They could do Daultay Dofine, Tey How w/ Bridge Chair, and Pilot Battle Droid. Of course people would likely complain because they wanted more Pilot Droids for dioramas. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
08-13-2002, 06:19 PM
Why didn't the Battle Droid army cross the road?

Because they didn't have a decent Pilot Droid to get them across.

:D

SuperBattleDroid88
08-13-2002, 07:49 PM
We demand a super articulated pilot Battle droid now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hango fett
08-13-2002, 08:12 PM
I DEMAND A SUPER ARTUCULATED DOOKU, OBI-WAN ARENA BATTLE AND HANGER DUEL, ANIKAN ARENA BATTLE, AND MACE WINDU W/ OUT SHREKTACULAR ACTION!! there. is that enough for the first week of next year?
<<O>>

tagmac
08-13-2002, 09:06 PM
The blue battle droid WAS released a couple years ago. It came with the mini tank from ep. 1.

Beast
08-13-2002, 09:10 PM
I mentioned the mini tank in my first post of the thread. The Pilot Battle Droid from that totally sucks. It's another lame excuse for a pack-in. It needs to be redone, hopefully using the Security Battle Droid body as a start. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

thespar
08-13-2002, 10:23 PM
it seems that hasbro has a hard time getting the battle droid correct.

Thunderbird
08-13-2002, 10:39 PM
I couldn't wait for hasbro to put out a blue Battle Droid, so when all the EP1 stuff went on clearance I bought an extra Trade Fed. mini tank and an extra Battle Droid and in a matter of a few minutes I had my blue Battle Droid. It looked so good most of my friends thought they missed it in the stores. The limbs snap on so you have all the artiulation that the regular Battle Droids have. I stopped doing customs cause almost every figure I took upon myself to make, Hasbro would make an official figure. Now I just don't have the room for the customs.

LTBasker
08-13-2002, 11:00 PM
Has Hasbro gotten any Battle Droid correct?

May 3rd Droids - No action pose and hard to balance.
OOM-9 - Soft and no action pose plus he can't even look through his binoculars like the Sandtrooper
Pilot Droid - Not articulated at the elbows or knees.
Security Droid - That stupid lever...
Boomer Battle Droid - Isn't articulated to pose in a shooting grip with his hands.
SAGA Battle Droid - Yay, finally a shooting generic Battle Droid! But it's soft as gum and has no articulation in the knees and it's difficult to pose and balance.
Arena Accessory set Battle Droid - No regular backpack and it's still got the Security Droid lever...
Both Deluxe Battle Droids - No articulation in the elbows or knees and no action pose...

SuperBattleDroid88
08-13-2002, 11:15 PM
We need a battledroid with ball socket joints!!!!!! On the hip and the shoulders!!!! That would be great!!!!!!!!!His neck should go forward and backwards! With articulated knees and elbows! Articulated wrists like most of the Jedi do! A hard (NOT GUMMY) blaster and an all out hard sturdy plastic figure! NO RUBBER AT ALL!!!!!!! Oh Yeah and have the head stay on so it won't come off so easily! NO gimmicks! Can hold his blaster with 2 hands!! Scuplted in eyes with black paint inside.... Ummm..... Articulated ankles.... uhhhhh...... hmmmm....... Have it a good paint job! And voila! The perfect figure/BattleDroid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Anything else? I couldn't think of any other pack-ins....
What you think of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I should start drawing out plans on it then post them and see what you think!!!!!
So what do you think of the description?! :p

fourtwo
08-14-2002, 04:28 AM
LTBasker....the POTJ Battle Droid doesn't seem to like standing up.
that really boils my potatoes.

mylow thehutt
08-14-2002, 09:49 AM
I saw a Green battel droid in a video game.that be kind of cool.

pthfnder89
08-14-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Has Hasbro gotten any Battle Droid correct?
Security Droid - That stupid lever...
Boomer Battle Droid - Isn't articulated to pose in a shooting grip with his hands.
Arena Accessory set Battle Droid - No regular backpack and it's still got the Security Droid lever...

No, no, no LTBasker... The Security Battle Droid is the best ever! Ok, I don't know what the hell the little lever is supposed to do, but it's still a great mold!

As for the Boomer droid, I picked up 5 of them a few months back for $1.99 at KB and it's very easy to customize them into a decent pose using the boiling method. You place him in boiling water for a a minute or two, and then, twisting his arms into the pose you want (ie: holding his blaster correctly) you dunk him in a bowl of ice water. The plastic cools immediately and the arms are permanently fixed into the new pose. :)

LTBasker
08-14-2002, 10:30 PM
Cool, I might try that, as of right now I only have 3 Boomer BDs that I was using against my small army of Gungan Warriors for the Boomer stuff, right now they're in my Arena falling victim to Plo's force effect.

I agree that the Security Droid mold was great, although that lever is a real eyesore. I think it was their first attempt for a "quick-draw" gimmick, but of course it failed miserably and should've been omitted. Funny thing is that that feature has been on all Battle Droids (dunno about the Deluxe 3PO BD though) since May 3rd that you can move the head back and forth on. When you put the head forward, then push\pull it back and it pulls both arms up. :crazed:

pthfnder89
08-15-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I agree that the Security Droid mold was great, although that lever is a real eyesore. I think it was their first attempt for a "quick-draw" gimmick, but of course it failed miserably and should've been omitted. Funny thing is that that feature has been on all Battle Droids (dunno about the Deluxe 3PO BD though) since May 3rd that you can move the head back and forth on. When you put the head forward, then push\pull it back and it pulls both arms up. :crazed:

Yeah, I've noticed that too. And it makes no sense whatsoever; At what point in the movies have any Battle Droids not been holding their blasters at the ready? They always have them in a two handed battle grip. Why? Cause they're droids and they never get tired, so they don't have to put them down.:rolleyes: I think someone at Hasbro realized that and that's why they never mention those great "features" on the package.;)