PDA

View Full Version : Hairy Bantha

AdmiralPiett
08-14-2002, 01:30 AM
I just saw the micro Action Fleet sets in Target today and I really liked the little hairy Bantha that was packed in one of them. It was really cute! How about giving us a hairy bantha for our 3 3/4" collections?
Piett

P.S. And while I'm thinking Tatooine, a 3 3/4" Sandcrawler VERY SOON would be nice.

DarthBrandon
08-14-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by AdmiralPiett
I just saw the micro Action Fleet sets in Target today and I really liked the little hairy Bantha that was packed in one of them. It was really cute! How about giving us a hairy bantha for our 3 3/4" collections?
Piett

P.S. And while I'm thinking Tatooine, a 3 3/4" Sandcrawler VERY SOON would be nice.

It's already been made my friend.:) Here is a pic.

P.S. I can't wait for the Sandcrawler as well.

AdmiralPiett
08-14-2002, 01:42 AM
Man... I really wish I didn't stop collecting for such a long time after that initial wave of POTF2 figures sucked. :(
Piett

DarthBrandon
08-14-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by AdmiralPiett
Man... I really wish I didn't stop collecting for such a long time after that initial wave of POTF2 figures sucked. :(
Piett

Not all of them sucked AdmiralPiett, but I will say this, I became very choosy about what I bought and what I wouldn't buy. The Bantha quickly became one of my favorite pieces of my collection. You should try looking on E-bay; you may find it for a good price.:)

AdmiralPiett
08-14-2002, 02:09 AM
Yeah, but I bought all the crap (i.e. monkey Leia, buff Luke, gorrilla Chewie, etc.) and then just lost interest for a while assuming that the rest would be all garbage. And now I am missing a lot of cool cantina aliens, imperials, etc. that never got made during the vintage years because those first few figs turned me off so much.
Piett

DarthBrandon
08-14-2002, 02:17 AM
Well all I can say is get online or go to the trading section in the forums and get cracking, cause you have a lot of catching up to do.:)

TylerD
08-14-2002, 04:36 AM
The bantha is also one of my favorites, brandon!

Jargo
08-14-2002, 06:35 AM
The bantha is indeed cool. I had the opportunity to pick up a second recently and I would like to add that a re-release of this would be cool sometime. I'd like for Hasbro to create a baby Bantha because I'm a sucker for cuteness. And how cute would a baby Bantha be? Very cute, that's how cute it would be.
In ROTJ SE when the skiffs go past a herd of bantha roaming free I'm sure there's a baby in there somewhere. If they packed an EU Tusken raider youth with his first bantha mount that'd round out the Tusken raiders nicely I think.
I'm not usually a fan of EU that's not logical like some of the stuff hasbro has come up with so far but adding something logical in like a baby bantha and Tusken youth would just flesh out the collection in a good way.
I feel the same way about adding in jedi or rebels too but at the moment my wants are small for the EU stuff.

Rogue II
08-14-2002, 07:20 AM
I was in an Ames store here in Maryland last weekend. This store is kind of in a bad area and I could tell not many collectors go there. Anyway, they still have 4 Banthas sitting on the shelf. I already have one, so I didn't buy another.

I did manage to pick up 2 Episode 1 accessory packs (Naboo and Tatooine) for $1.50 each.

Beast
08-14-2002, 07:45 AM
Back to what Admiral Piett was saying. Yes, the first wave was pretty bad. But they improved greatly after that. I think it was around the 4th or 5th wave when they dropped the "He-Man" look on the figures. And they did re-sculpts of most of those original figures to fix the problems. Definatly go back and pick up some of the better figures from POTF2. And the Bantha totally kicks arse. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nexu
08-14-2002, 09:46 AM
Rogue II, how much were they? I'm looking to get one, and they're going for $30 on eBay.

Rogue II
08-14-2002, 11:07 AM
I didn't see a price on them, but my guess is $30. They still had the Luke gunner station at full price. And if you are one of those guys that don't open your figures, the boxes were not in "mint" condition.

I paid somewhere between $20-30 for my Bantha when it came out. It's worth it.

El Chuxter
08-14-2002, 11:37 AM
I got one when they first came out for around $30, and a year later got a second on clearance for $12. (The Wal-Marts in Roanoke were notorious for their frequent clearances--I miss living there. :() It's definitely the nicest beast, even better than the Dewback.

The best thing about the Bantha (okay, not the best, but it's darn cool) is that the horns pivot a little less than halfway out, so you can give them slightly different looks if you have more than one.

Rogue II
08-14-2002, 12:27 PM
I have to agree with you El Chuxter, this is the nicest beast. The Rancor and the Dewback are good, but the Bantha is definately the best beasts.

I don't remember them being in the stores very long before they went on clearance. It took me a long time to find the Rancor and the Bantha. When I finally found them, the Rancor was on clearance for $20 at a Walmart. I miss those POTF2 days.

Jargo
08-14-2002, 04:56 PM
I found my first Bantha by chance. I'd gone out for the day with a seeing eye dog I was training. I had to take him back to the main training center for a vet check up or something. Anyway, there was a small TRU in the town nearby and I went for a mooch. Nothing much there but in the clearance section were tons of Banthas and rancors at bargain prices. Naturally I snapped up both but my limited funds that day meant only one of each. How I would have loved to go home with a herd in the back of the car. It's a dream now to have a herd of them roaming across the living room carpet.... :D Imagine it though, twenty of the beasties all free range. God I hope they re-release it now.
The second bantha I got cost the earth but I was so determined to have it I didn't even think about the money until I'd spent it.

I was exactly the same with the Eopie too.

Nexu
08-14-2002, 06:55 PM
I'm an opener. :)
Can anyone get one for less than $30?

TylerD
08-16-2002, 02:48 AM
I was lucky. About a year after it came out, a fellow forumite said he was cleaning out his closet, and said he would be glad to send it to me for free - he even paid to ship it. Now that is one example of when you know that a person has a truly good heart! God bless the man who sent me the bantha!

AdmiralPiett
08-16-2002, 04:47 PM
A lucky man you are indeed TylerD!
Piett