PDA

View Full Version : New figs for december.!

mylow thehutt
08-14-2002, 10:18 AM
:)Check this quote out, "The following figures have come from Hasbro’s most recent retailers ordering sheet, and are due to come out this December:

Obi-Wan (Arena Battle) with spear throwing action for fighting the Acklay beast

Mace Windu (Total Control)

Darth Tyranus with Sith lightning

Padme Amidala with soft cloak and articulation, which is presumably one of her dressy outfits

Library Droid 2 Pack (SP-4 & JN-66) who were in a cut scene (as mentioned on the official Star Wars site)

Tusken Raider with a detachable head.

As with all things, nothing is guaranteed but to the best of our knowledge this list is accurate. More news on upcoming figures coming soon." Sounds cool what do you think.

(ps found this at rebelscum.)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-14-2002, 10:25 AM
Another Mace Windu...this better be worth the wait.

LTBasker
08-14-2002, 10:27 AM
Obi-Wan - Already I can see it working not even close to the Force Flipping figures, and they hardly ever work. ;)

Mace Windu - Probably another Mace statue.

Darth Tyranus - Well as long as he's neutrally posed, articulated and the lightning stuff is removeable without leaving very noticeable traces.

Padme - "soft cloak and articulation, which is presumably one of her dressy outfits" Do they not remember Hasbro confirming a more articulated Arena Padme? Most likely the soft goods cloak is the wrap she had. It could be coming out sooner than we think, then again the December dates might change.

Library Droids - More Droids that aren't Star Tours exclusives!

Tusken Raider - Probably is gonna turn out to be the Tusken w/ Massiff.

kdp100
08-14-2002, 10:55 AM
But the Tusken that comes with the Massiff is just a repackaged POTJ one - with NO removable head!

Droid pair sounds interesting (even if it should turn out to be a garbled rumour of another couple of Star Tours releases).

Would be nice to hear many more figures announced too, including Poggle, Bail Organa, the Lars family and two or three separatists!

pthfnder89
08-14-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Padme - "soft cloak and articulation, which is presumably one of her dressy outfits" Do they not remember Hasbro confirming a more articulated Arena Padme? Most likely the soft goods cloak is the wrap she had. It could be coming out sooner than we think, then again the December dates might change.

Tusken Raider - Probably is gonna turn out to be the Tusken w/ Massiff.

That's what I thought too LTBasker. This would make THREE Tusken Raider figures in the Saga line. I know they played an important part in the movie, but I can't seee Hasbro releasing that many Tuskens. Most likely they have retooled the POTJ tusken mold so that the head is removable.

And I also agree with the Padme. Hasbro knows that most of us want a new Geonosis version of her more than any others, and I bet this one is the remold that thev've already confirmed.

I'm really looking forward to the new Mace. I have this feeling it'll be somewhat posed from the skybox scene where he's holding back Jango with his lightsaber.

mylow thehutt
08-14-2002, 11:08 AM
The thing that i found odd is why Hasbro reissues the POTJ Tusken with another figure,then makes another one all new.why buy the cheap one when you can the good one for the same price.

droidekas2
08-14-2002, 11:12 AM
Obi wan with spear throwing action = YAAAAAAAWWWWN

Mace Windu = will wait to see what "Total Control" means.

Darth Tyranus = unless he has a neutral pose not some battle stance to hold up his lightning(which of course will droop withing the first 5 minutes of displaying it) I'll skip him.

Padme = hope that her articulation doesnt screw up the sculpt again. When are we going to get her in some of her other outfits like the Episode I figures??

Library Droids = yes, yes, yes!! More creatures, more droids, more jedi.

Tusken Raider w/head losing action = will probably be the same exact Raider sculpt just with a new head loping off action, unless it is a totally new sculpt it will be a snore.

6 new figures that may be coming out and only one of them ( the library droids ) are actually new. There is a huge list of new things to choose from and we get this.

All the stores where I live still have all the choices of Obi yawns, Mace Windus, Padmes, and Raiders. Im sure they will all still be there by Christmas too. Tyranus is the only one missing around here from this bunch.

I know, dont buy them if you dont like them. I dont and I wont. Instead of getting money from me for 6 figures they only get money for one. I dont care. If they made 15 new figures that were new, not resculpts, I would buy them. Money is not an issue. But I will not mindlessly buy any crap they decide to put out.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-14-2002, 11:21 AM
Another Obi-Wan would be nice along with a non-craptacular Mace Windu. I still giggle when i think about toyfare having Genosian rescue Mace just yelling "this party's over!" and killing things. that was gold!!! Thanks for the info!

hango fett
08-14-2002, 11:35 AM
sounds like an interesting winter! :)
h.

patchiswelsh
08-14-2002, 11:43 AM
Are more supposed to come out this december???

JEDIpartner
08-14-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by droidekas2
Obi wan with spear throwing action = YAAAAAAAWWWWN

Mace Windu = will wait to see what "Total Control" means.

As far as Obi-Wan... I don't care about the gimmick as long as the sculpt is good and the gimmick doesn't wreck the figure.

Mace Windu... "Total Control"? Butt cheek clenching action and face to match. "Where were YOU when your diarrhea medication stopped working?" GEONOSIS!

Tycho
08-14-2002, 11:54 AM
I'm really excited about some of these figures:

New droids are always great! Doing the library scene is not something I really wanted to get into unless I could collage it one day with a Jocasta Nu action figure, and perhaps Yoda training some younglings and make a combo-scene of Obi-Wan trying to figure out "what the heck a saberdart is."

But I have bought 4 of each Star Tours droids and am making quite a Geonosis Droid Factory display with having them working on the assembly line. The 5th one in the Star Tours series is clearly the best. This one you can have walking around Mos Espa, or helping in the Pod Race Hanger, too.

Mace Windu figures can always be useful. Especially with his eyes open. He needs his cloak on him, but removeable - maybe if molded, give him 2 sets of arms, so you can pose him how you want. A cloak on fire (from Jango's flame-thrower) would really rock. It was cool in the movie, but if they went a little "unleashed" with it for the 3 3/4" figure, it could rock!

Obi-Wan... a wounded Obi-Wan from his fight with Dooku is what I'd want to see if they do an Obi-Wan in just his tunic.

We need Obi-Wan's with his Jedi Robes on: wet and articulated from Kamino - or even 2 from Kamino, one action-posed, one neutral to go to meet Lana Su. Then we need a "dry Obi-Wan" for all his scenes with Padme in her apartment, at the Jedi Temple, etc. - basically like your Naboo Episode One figures. Easy to customize, but there's not any E1 Obi-Wan's around anymore finally. So I'd rather get a new figure, not need 2 to make this one.

Padme in white, with a soft-goods cloak is fine. I need at least 4 of them for the scenes I'm making. I'd like to see her nightgown outfit from the assasination attempt (with the droid - to complete the Coruscant Chase scene) and her Senate Gown -when she meets with Palpatine and later with Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Padme's other outfits, like the black leather, backless-dress from Naboo, and her Tatooine one that shows her belly-button are all much sexier and I'd like these, too. But they need figures that go with her in these outfits to sell them: the Lars family, Bail Organa, and Anakin posed "not growling, yelling, or losing body parts."

The white one, nightgown, and Senate outfits make sense for right now.

I really wanted a Darth Tyranus with Dark Side Lightning! The Count Dooku figure is not hard to find where I live, but I deliberately held off buying him for all my scenes, in hopes I could get one that shoots lightning or an F/X Darth Tyranus instead! One dream is answered! Thanks Hasbro!

The Tusken I could care less about. I have 3 extra POTJ and 3 extra females as it stands. I thought this would be a bigger scene when I read the spoilers before I saw the movie, and I bought myself a whole tribe. When I set up scenes, Shmi is good on the rack, being released by Anakin with 2 Tusken guards outside of the hutt. The actual scene I'm doing of him fighting the Tuskens for his revenge, seems to be fine with 2 females and 3 males (I used one from the Bantha I bought for the Pod Race, a '96, and a POTJ). I might exchange 2 of my extra females for males with Massifs to get the dogs in there (I'm using my Geonosian ones on Geonosis anyway), so I figure "whatever." If they are the head-losing ones, OK then. If not, I don't need them unless they are significantly posed or articulated differently.

That's all I have to say.

Beast
08-14-2002, 11:57 AM
Ehh, as long as the Obi-Wan is better then the first 2 I can forgive the spear-chucker action. Hopefully Hasbro doesn't pull a Luke: X-Wing and not include a saber, because he didn't have one in the arena when he was using the spear. :)

Maybe the Mace will include Yoda's Meditation Room Pillow as a pack in and have enough articulation to actually sit indian style on it. Sounds like a jedi with total control to me. Likely though it's a neutral pose with his cloak, maybe with an action feature that swings his arm up to put his saber against Jango's throat. :)

I wonder though if the Mace Windu and Darth Tyrannus will turn out to be the Unleashed figures that we saw at the SDCC. That would suck cause they both sound good. :(

Agreed, the Padme sounds exactly like what Hasbro has been saying the new white Arena outfit would be. The mention of soft cloak proves that almost totally.

Cool, library droids. Makes sense that they would be releasing them in November/December. Since it's been confirmed thats one of the Deleted Scenes on the DVD. :)

I don't trust the report of a Tusken w/ Removable Head. That was what was reported for the Saga Tusken w/ Massiff. So that may have been carried over onto the retailer sheet. :)

Regardless it sounds like a good 4th quarter for figures. Especially combined with what we already have coming that we've seen pictures of. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
08-14-2002, 12:22 PM
Didn't they do the same thing for EP1, resculpt key characters for the release year holiday season? Not that all the characters mentioned don't need a resculpt, but it would have been nice to see some more obscure background characters who were actually in the movie.:)

Tycho
08-14-2002, 12:31 PM
Yes, but Padme, Dooku, Mace NEED resculpts.

Obi-Wan and Anakin just need new sculpts (w. cloaks, etc.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Yoda resculpted, either. Just a neutral pose. And after how many figures will it be when they figure out: Yoda has two (2) legs!

Rogue II
08-14-2002, 12:33 PM
Does anyone have a clue on what these Library Droids are supposed to look like?

Beast
08-14-2002, 12:38 PM
Mylow The Hutt posted a scan from the comic book of them. Though they may not look exactly the same the same since the CGI for that scene was not completed, except for the DVD release. Here's a link. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=153781

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Chiesa
08-14-2002, 12:45 PM
I am definitely looking forward to the Padme and most most definitely looking towards a new resculpted MACE and Count DOOKU!!! These are the 2 main characters that defintely need the most resculpt etc....

Cheers :D

Rogue II
08-14-2002, 12:50 PM
Very interesting. I wasn't sure what to expect.

I thank you both, Mylow the Hutt and JarJarBinks.

mylow thehutt
08-14-2002, 12:57 PM
Your welcome.Maby total controll means highly artculted,like were in controll of him.

DarthBrandon
08-14-2002, 01:04 PM
I have read the list and it looks great, if they all pan out, I have only one problem with the list. I believe that Mace (Total Control) and Darth Tyranus with Sith lightning are from the Unleashed series and not the 3 3/4 inch line. Of course that's only my opinion and I hope that I'm wrong, but you never know until they hit the shelves.:)

Tycho
08-14-2002, 01:07 PM
While they are at it with obscure characters and Prequel figures, there's still more Episode One I really want:

Niemodians:

Captain Dauldry Dofine
Commader Tey How

Padme-Amidalas:

Handmaiden
Yellow-Pre-Senate
Black - Pose-Senate
Purple-Return to Naboo
White -Ceremony

Droids:

Blue Pilot Droid - carded
Clean-up Droids

Senators:

Wookiee-Kashyyyk
Chubba-Vendor Species
Rodian Senator
Ithorian Senator
Malastare - Aileen Teem (Gran Senator)
Sei Teria - Valorum's aide

Jedi Masters:

Oppo Rancisis
Even Piel
Deppa Billaba
Yarael Poof
Yaddle
Eeth Koth - normal pose RESCULPT

Naboo:
Black Naboo Security
white Naboo Royal Guard
Handmaiden- throne room
Handmaiden - Senate
white Naboo officer
female fighter pilot
black fighter pilot

Gungans:

Rep Teers
female with child
Scout
band member

Mos Espa:

Chubba Vendor
Ark Bumpy Roose
Bolls Rohr
Dud Bolt
Aldar Beedo
Wan Sandage
Elar Mak
Ratz Tyrel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compared to Episode 2, AOTC:

Niemoidians:

Nute Gunray
Lott Dodd (if that's him, from E2 as a Separatist)

Padme Amidalas (assuming the white one's with cloak and coming):

*White - arena torn, non-preposed (RESCULPT, but whatever..)
*Senator-
mini-mouse hair
*freighter
*backless creamcycle dress
*black leather!
*Nightgown (assasination, balcony)
*Tatooine (with removeable cloak)
Tatooine 2 (southwestern dress, "What's wrong Anakin?"
*wedding

* = ones I really want.

Droids - most of these qualify as vehicle size, - spiders and such:

cocktail waitress droid from Dexter's
food server droid from freighter
Dooku's pilot droid
Captain Typho's green R2 unit (white with green actually)
Padme's window repair droids (very obscure, but kind of cool)

Senators:

Aqualish
Bail Organa (Alderaan Senator)
Asks Aak (Malestare Senator - Gran)
Sly Moore (Palpatine's aide)

Jedi Masters:

Kit Fisto - normal pose RESCULPT
Luminara - normal pose RESCULPT
Coleman Trebdor - normal pose the first time, please!
Bariss Ofree - normal pose w. articulation
Aayla Secura - coming anyway, definitely normal pose, articulated!
??? Swan - normal pose (female Jedi)
Siri Taichi - not necessarily in the movie, but Adi Gallia's apprentice
Stess Allie - action pose OK on this one, since Adi Gallia is normal
Yoda - normal pose, 2 legs
Obi-Wan Kenobi - with Dooku's lightsaber damage
Obi-Wan Kenobi - molded with wet look from Kamino
Obi-Wan Kenobi - molded in action pose from Kamino Rain Battle
Obi-Wan Kenobi - normal with Jedi Robe
Anakin Skywalker - normal with Jedi Robe (possibly extra droid arm)

Naboo:

Corde Senator Decoy
Dorme
Queen Jamilla
Sio Bibble (outrageous again)

Kamino:

kiddy Clone with headset
apprentice Clone in red, training
regular Clone trooper, normal pose, removeable helmet
Jango Fett in casual attire (apartment)

Geonosis:

Poggle the Lesser
Wat Tambler (Techno Union guy with electronic voice)
Banking Clan idiot
Tsu Mai (I think it's spelled - the little blue one)
fat furry one (female as well I think)
Senator Tiikes (Quarren, representing Mon Calamari)
R2D2 with booster rockets and grappling hook w. magnet (for 3PO)
Geonosian Warrior w. Sonic Blaster (non-deluxe, read:cheaper)

I think this would about do it...

That's 92 figures.

52 from Attack of the Clones
40 from The Phantom Menace

Sure there's plenty of Classic figures I want, the list goes on in the cantina and Jabba's palace, but let's just take 92 figures for a minute: at 35-40 per year, we should have almost all of them before Episode 3 save for ones not put in assortments while classic figures are produced.

So, let's hope we don't see anything stupid, and we're doing alright!

Beast
08-14-2002, 01:08 PM
That's my worry as well Brandon. But I hope not. A neutral mace in his robe with E2 saber is a great idea. And so is a new Count Dooku w/ Sith Lightning. I guess we will know in a month or two, when we actually see some pictures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
08-14-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
R2D2 with booster rockets and grappling hook w. magnet (for 3PO)
Tycho, remember that at Cel2 Hasbro confirmed there was an R2-D2 w/ Booster Rockets coming. I don't think we necissarily need his butt mounted suction cup though. But after that, no more Prequel R2's for a while. We still need R2-D2 w/ Death Star Trench Battle Damage, R2-D2: Jabba's Bartender, and R2-D2 w/ Endor Bunker Battle Damage. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

cameo
08-14-2002, 01:45 PM
Maybe the "total control" means Mace will be posed with his saber held at Jango's throat, even though he only had "total control" for about a second.. That would be a cool looking, and pretty neutral figure, especially when posed with the new Jango coming out. The other figs sound good to me.

Darth Evil
08-14-2002, 02:16 PM
I thought that the new Darth Tyranus and Mace were the Unleashed ones at first as well. I hope we're wrong and they are from the 3 3/4 inch line. Those two are the most in need of a resculpt.

Adam
08-14-2002, 03:49 PM
God why do they have to give him "throwing" action. I really wanted an Obi-Wan fig like that, sans the gimick..

Jek Porky 2002
08-14-2002, 04:16 PM
Maybe if we're getting the figures of them, the Library Droid scenes will be reincorpoated into the movie, rather than just a deleted scene!

Beast
08-14-2002, 04:22 PM
I don't know Jek, it's possible. Since the library droids are mentioned by Obi-Wan and Dex in the Diner scene. But it could be like Teemto's Scavenger Droid, a deleted scenes release. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
08-14-2002, 04:31 PM
this new Obi with spear dropping action ( as it will most likely turn out :rolleyes: ) will be the figure that would have packed with the Acklay had a figure packed with it.

I'm only interested in the droid 2-pack so far. I'm bored of the central characters already. Boring mace Windu, boring Obi-Wan, snoresome Padme. Where's the interesting background characters? Where's the army builders and aliens and nightclub patrons and diner patrons? Where's the seperatists and senators?

I wait with baited breath for more detailed 'from the horses mouth' reports than the 'scum offer...

PloKoon2385
08-14-2002, 05:33 PM
Yay! I am looking forward to these. Especially the Mace and droids and Tyranus. As long as the Mace and Tyranus aren't in some bizarre pose or are hindered due to their action features. I hope that these will be better than decent. I like the idea of a non-crazy Obi-Wan and a normal Padme too. I agree that a normal Anakin is in dire need. Let's hope these are what we expect them to be.

hango fett
08-14-2002, 06:14 PM
i think i will be looking for the new obi-wan and mace the most (pending on what in gods name they mean by "total control") all i have to say is that if mace is in some lousy pose, i will scream. literally.
;)
h

JEDIpartner
08-14-2002, 06:44 PM
I am pretty sick of the Mace Windus that have been made for this line. They are all pretty poor figures. I've been largely happy with the figures for the new film (sculpt-wise) except for Mace, Obi-Wan and Padme. I'll still welcome a Darth Tyranus figure with open pocket-book, but I'm really looking for the fixed up version of Padme. Heck... I'm looking forward to all of these. Who am I kidding?

hango fett
08-14-2002, 06:58 PM
you know, i think that the preview mace is/was the best one we will get. adn i have him out of the pack!!! yay!!
h

JEDIpartner
08-14-2002, 07:01 PM
I have agreed a thousand times with that statement! I'll forgive you about the letterbox thing... ;)

You're all right by me kid!

Beast
08-14-2002, 07:02 PM
Agreed 100%, the E1 preview mace is great, and if you ditch the massive plastic cloak from the E1 basic line Mace, he's perfect for a uncloaked version. If they can improve on either of those 2 figures for the new E2 one, I will be beyond pleased. I do have to say that the face, regardless of the smile on the Deluxe Mace does look more like Samuel L. Jackson then the E1 figures, so I don't mind that figure for arena scenes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
08-14-2002, 07:34 PM
i just use my PMW (Preview Mace Windu) for the arena scenes and i use the geo rescue one for the scene i have created for EIII, where anikan is slaughtering the jedi....he is in r3-t7's shock thing and is getting shocked by dark lightning from ani. i figure, if geo mace is going to be screaming, i better give him a reason. ;)
h

JEEdai128
08-14-2002, 07:39 PM
Lessee...
Obi Wan: Spear Throwing Action= Big Button on Waist
Mace Windu: Total Control?! What does that mean?
Darth Tyranus: Who Knows?
Padme: If it's Arena, Good, If it's New, Better!
Tusken Raider: Now Mace With Karate Chop Can Slaughter Jango and TR By Manually Beheading Them!
Droids: They could make them Pack-ins with the DVD, or a mail away if you fill out a form in the DVD or Video!... or not
Sounds pretty good

Tycho
08-14-2002, 08:08 PM
I like both the Episode 2 Mace figures, though I acknowledge the carded one's limitations problems.

I make scenes with my figures and don't buy ones I don't plan on using.

That being said, I DO buy extras of figures I anticipate I'll be using a lot of, even for a later movie.

So I have a small amount of E1 Mace figures for this purpose:

WHAT I USED WHERE in AOTC dioramas:

Palpatine's Office: "We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers."

- E1 Sneak Preview Mace

Jedi Temple: "Escort the Senator back to her home planet of Naboo."

- E1 Sneak Preview Mace

Palpatine's Office (Obi-Wan's holo report): "Anakin, protect the Senator at all costs. That is your highest priority."

-Episode One Mace - (I wished I had another sneak preview Mace)

Geonosis - Arena Skybox: "This party's over!"

-Episode One Mace - (I'm ok with this one here, as the cloak looks good)

Arena Battle 1 - "I don't think so!"

-Episode 2 carded Mace - being toasted by Jango's flamethrower
I plan to hang this Mace like he's leaping off the balcony!

Jango Battle 1 - (Mace isn't actually fighting Jango who's busy w. the Reek, but Mace and Obi-Wan have droids on their hands!)

-Episode 2 Mace Deluxe works great here- using the Force effect on a destroyer droid!

Jango Battle 2 - (Mace isn't actually fighting Jango here either, but I had to call the scene 'something.' Jango's killing the Reek and Mace is cutting up a droid as the two enemies are about to square off). I use other Jedi in each of these scenes, like Obi-Wan who's killing the Acklay at this moment.

- An Episode One Mace works fine in this case.

Jango's End - (Mace lops Jango's head off)

-I used the E2 Mace for the full intensity effect.

Arena Battle 2 - The Clones arrive.

-Here the Jedi are fighting their way to gunships landing to pick them up. I used an Episode Two Mace Deluxe again.

The Battle of Geonosis - in the gunship

-I have most of the Jedi who are not on Yoda's or Obi-Wan's respective gunships leading Clones on the ground. Mace is fine with his Episode One figure again. I didn't need a dramatic pose. He is deflecting shots at the flying gunship with his lightsaber.

That's it for scenes with Mace. I doubt I'll do the last scene with him, Obi-Wan, and Yoda. I already have a full Jedi Council scene, and I think Mace will have some good E3 scenes to come.

So I used in AOTC:

2 Ep One Sneak Preview Maces
4 Episode One carded Mace Windus
2 Episode two carded Mace Windus
2 Episode two deluxe Mace Windus

for a total of 10 scenes with Mace Windu. I might have an extra deluxe figure of him, I'll have to check. Other than that, I'd buy Mace figures but only as extras for EU scenes, or to save for E3.

I could replace one E1 Mace with a Sneak Preview one (for watching Obi-Wan's holo in Palpatine's office), but I'll wait to see if the new one's better.

If they make one "on fire," I'd consider replacing an E2 figure which I'd just save for another occasion.

But right now, I don't need but wouldn't refuse, another Mace Windu being released. I hope I do have that extra Deluxe Figure though, as I like that figure, personally.

What about you? Why all the complaining? Why do you need a Mace figure "exactly one certain way?" What are you going to do with it if you get it that way?

rynobot
08-14-2002, 09:29 PM
For some reason I have a tough time belieivng that list even though Rebelscum said it was from a "reliablle" source.

Lord Tenebrous
08-14-2002, 09:36 PM
The primary reason I dislike Saga is the face sculpt. Good sculpts command several emotions, using the imagination to focus one. Hasbro's current method only evokes one interpretation, thus less approval.

Take Padme for example:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=30148

That sculpt evokes love, fear, concern, pride...all with the tuning of your mind. All are appropriate for the character, and one might buy the figure for one specific mindset, but there are more options. You can enjoy the figure for different reasons.

Anyways, this is all and good, but I'm not interested in 2003 yet. 2002 still has some mysteries, including the unrealized Wat Tambor and Rebel Officer. They command my attention for now. :)

LTBasker
08-14-2002, 11:04 PM
:eek: Man Tycho, simmer down :eek: ;)

I have to agree and think Mace will be when he has his saber to Jango's neck, because for that moment he thought he did have total control until Dooky brought in the SBD cavalry then he did that "what got into him?" force flip thing to the Arena floor after nearly getting his biscuits burned by Jango. :D

Hopefully though there won't be a mechanism controlling the action, I'd rather see articulation able to pull that off then go back to normal, 'course his hand wouldn't be able to go back to fully normal since it would be hard to articulate the wrist like that, but if it used a ball joint like Yoda's then it'd be possible for his arm to be used regularly (it could also be customized for those that don't like his hand like that) or be used in the "Total Control" thing.

Obi-Wan I'm thinking will probably have a lever or something on his back. Although I don't see how the spear throwing thing could work, unless they gave Obi-Wan and long fist with a hole through it and put a spring in there... They'll probably include the generic lightsaber that he got from that one Jedi instead of including his own saber.

I really hope the library droids come with some type of dianogstic console or something, though since it's a 2-pack with 2 different molds for the droids (I don't think they're the same) then that'll block the chance of a pack-in like that being included.

Lord Tenebrous
08-14-2002, 11:52 PM
I can definately see the library droids coming with a console accessory. They're smaller than Teemto and the scavenger combined, and that still merited a pod engine. But maybe somebody will be nice and include a bust or a holocron. Tables and workspaces are easy to construct, detailed props are another story.

As far as Obi-Wan, it'll probably be similar to the mechanism in KE Jango/300th Boba's jetpack. But...but....I hope they make the arm like the Imperial Officer, easily detachable at the elbow, with a regular arm ready to re-attach. The hand is going to have to be rather twisted for this thing to work in the first place... :(

Geonosian
08-15-2002, 01:11 AM
Great news about Obi-wan. I have been waiting for arena Obi. Padme...boring.
Dooku should be cool.
"Total Control" intresting, hope its good.
Another Tusken YAWWWWWWWWWN.
Droids....cool.

BUT a Poggle or Coleman should be on THIS list!

patchiswelsh
08-15-2002, 03:11 AM
are dath and mace unleashed???
if so
only 4 new 3 3/4 figs

hango fett
08-15-2002, 08:29 AM
there are mace and dooku unleashed, but i'm not sure if these are going to be unleashed or not.....they said mace "total control" and in the pic of him unleashed, he looks like he is in alot of control...and dooku with stih lightning is an unleashed too! i bet they are talking about the unleashed for those 2 !!! :mad:

Old Fossil
08-15-2002, 11:28 AM
Is anyone besides me disappointed that there were no Original Trilogy characters listed?

I'm an old man. Though some of these AOTC figures are definitely cool, I still need new Empire and Rebellion figs to look forward to. The only new ones I can think of are Ephant Mon and the beardless Endor rebel soldier, and those are due out presently.

Lord Tenebrous
08-15-2002, 11:29 AM
My doubts lie in what I call duplicate product, something that plagues the entire Unleashed line, and seeps into 12" and other areas. If Unleashed Tyranus and Mace arrive at stores at the same time as a basic Tyranus and Mace, the cheaper action figures are going to sell better, because you can buy three articulated action figures for the price of one large statue, at no creative loss. There's no true difference. You get the same angry-looking figure whether you pay $5 or $15.

So for Collection 1 we have:

"Javelin" Kenobi
"Apology" Amidala

And for Collection 2:

Jedi Analysis Droids
(Variable)

That variable covers a lot of rumors. Could be another Tusken, could be the Rebel Officer. Could be one of the quieter rumblings like Dorme. But I'd leave the slot blank for now, because speculation will only lead to disappointment...which is why I'm leaving Mace and Tyranus out for now.

Tycho
08-15-2002, 11:44 AM
TWODOT TATOOINE:

Next year should be a bigger mix of Classic and Prequel Characters:

From my list of 50 I'm hoping for...

1. Orange R5 -ANH
2. Green R2 - from any SW film, most recently though Capt. Typho's
3. J'Quille -ROTJ
4. Woof -ROTJ
5. Hem Dazon - ANH
6. Feltipern Trevagg - ANH
7. Myo -ANH

11. Imperial Officer - gray uniform -ESB
12. B-wing Pilot - white human, red group -ROTJ
13. black Bespin guard -ESB

15. Luke in medical robes from ESB w. hand replacement
16. Princess Leia in medical robes from ESB
17. Lando Calrissian in Corellian smuggler attire from ESB
18. C-3PO w. removeable eye and Jabba glob- ROTJ
19. R2-D2 w. launching lightsaber and Jabba drink tray -ROTJ

28. Moff Jerjerrod - ROTJ
30. Gen. Crix Madine -ROTJ
35. Chief Chirpa -ROTJ

36. Jaina Solo - NJO
37. Jacen Solo - NJO
38. Anakin Solo - NJO
39. Yuuzhan Vong warrior - NJO
40. Kir Kanos - Crimson Empire
41. Nom Anor - Crimson Empire
42. Luke Skywalker Jedi Master
43. Noghri Warrior - Heir to the Empire
44. Master C'Boath - with Dark Side Lightning - Heir to the Empire
45. Guri - Shadows of the Empire
46. Jix - Shadows of the Empire

50. Ambassador Leia Organa-Solo

That's 30 of the 50 figures I hope we could reasonably expect to get next year. Or 18 of the 50 if you don't count EU I'd like to see (I added the EU because normally, in the past we only get about 35 new figures per non-movie year).

Tycho
08-15-2002, 11:49 AM
Oh, and this year, for Classic, we've gotten:

1) Teebo
2) Bo Shek
3) R4M9

4) Vader
5) Luke
6) Han
7) Chewie w. Threepio
8) Stormtrooper 4-pack
9) Biker Scout accessory pack
10) Death Star Trooper accessory pack
11) Hoth Rebel Soldier accessory pack
12) TIE Pilot with TIE Bomber
13) Dak with Snowspeeder
14) Luke "Rogue Leader" with Snowspeeder
15) Endor Rebel Soldier w. Goatee
16) Endor Rebel Soldier w.o. Goatee
17) Greedo Cantina Set
18) Ponda Baba Cantina Set
19) Momaw Nadon Cantina Set
20) Dagobah R2D2 w. X-wing
21) Luke Tatooine w. Landspeeder

though only 9 of these are regular carded figures.

Beast
08-15-2002, 12:01 PM
Still, that's not a horrible, considering it is a movie year. Atleast they shipped some OT charecters with the new stuff, unlike the E1 line. I much prefer the new combined lines. Not to mention a few E1 figures that got salted in. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
08-15-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Still, that's not a horrible, considering it is a movie year. Atleast they shipped some OT charecters with the new stuff, unlike the E1 line. I much prefer the new combined lines. Not to mention a few E1 figures that got salted in. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Agreed. It's not nearly as bad as the year following TPM, when there were practically NO OT figs. But I too would like to see more OT characters in 2003, although (I know many of you will hate this) what I really want most are some resculpts of the main characters. Hoth Han, Jedi Luke, and Han in Carbonite, plus a couple Leias, such as a new Endor Leia.

Rogue II
08-15-2002, 12:49 PM
I actually liked the OT characters being on different cards than the PT characters. It makes them easier to find. I know, I'm being selfish since I only collect OT.

You are right pthfnder, those main characters do need resculpts. It wouldn't hurt to resculpt some of the minor characters either.

Beast
08-15-2002, 02:30 PM
Rogue II, in my opinion about 33%-40% of the whole POTF2 line needs re-sculpted. Many of the big stinkers of that line already thankful have had new figures. But there are still some sore thumbs that stick out from that line. The ones that Pthfnder already mentioned are a good start, as well as Lobot. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
08-15-2002, 04:14 PM
Rogue II, in my opinion about 33%-40% of the whole POTF2 line needs re-sculpted. Many of the big stinkers of that line already thankful have had new figures. But there are still some sore thumbs that stick out from that line. The ones that Pthfnder already mentioned are a good start, as well as Lobot. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lobot is a figure in need of a re-sculpt, that wide leg stance that couldn't stand up if your life depended on it, really bothered me. Some other figures I would like to see period are: General Dodonna, General Madine, Imperial Dignitary # 1 and #2, Captain Needa, Admiral Ozzel, General Rieeken, tons of droids, i.e. R5-D4, Jedi Luke, CAPTAIN ANTILLES, Generic X-Wing Pilots, Generic Imperial Officers, Generic Rebel Officers, and the list goes on and on.:D

Lord Tenebrous
08-15-2002, 04:29 PM
Soft Goods Garindan...*drool*

Honestly, with the success of the OT Accessory Sets (the Arena one isn't selling around here), I think Hasbro should maybe do a few for main characters. There are still plenty of limited scenes for the basic line (Infirmary Luke, Bespin Gown Leia)

60% of 2003 has to be OT. And some of that has to be themed, so that new collectors have some place to start. A Bespin wave alongside a Twin-Pod Cloud Car, or an Imperial wave with the release of a new TIE Fighter.

Couple that with 20% AOTC Jedi and Aliens, and 20% TPM Jedi and Aliens, and it should be a great year. :)

Darth Marra 54
08-15-2002, 04:52 PM
Dooku sounds good as well as Padme and Mace and good to see they are still making figures of characters not seen in the Movie!

hango fett
08-15-2002, 06:39 PM
the main thing from OT that i want are luke: emperors wrath, luke, jedi master, luke hoth, and luke ANH.
that would be good enough for me next year..
h

Beast
08-15-2002, 06:46 PM
Luke: ANH? You don't mean another Luke:Tatooine, do you Hango? Dead god no, they ran that outfit into the ground. Though I guess they could do a version w/ his poncho. But a Luke Stormtrooper using a shorter version of the Commtech Stormie body would be great. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
08-15-2002, 08:57 PM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

30-40% sounds about right to me. I am being patient this year because it is a movie year. I'm really looking forward to '03 and '04 since they are non-movie years. The 21 or so OT figures we got this year were all pretty nice, so I can't really complain.

I do find it a little annoying that people are already angry and petitioning for ATOC figures. The movie has only been out 4 months. Calm down people, we got an obscene number of new figures this year and they will surely continue to make ATOC figures for the next 6 years.

I could list all of the characters I think need a resculpt and figures that should be made for the first time, but I don't want to waste everyone's time. There are plenty of threads about that elsewhere.

Tycho
08-15-2002, 11:50 PM
It's a great sign the movie was very successful in the eyes of the fans.

TPM did not have the kind of response Clones did!

Kudos for that. Star Wars is coming back in style now!

speedermike
08-19-2002, 11:34 PM
Yeah, but TPM made 100 million dollars more than Clones.

How do you explain that?

Beast
08-19-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by speedermike
Yeah, but TPM made 100 million dollars more than Clones.
How do you explain that?
More people went to the theaters in 1999 then they did in 2002. Especially for repeat veiwings. Now alot of people go see it once, and then they will get a bootleg. Or they will just wait for the eventual DVD release. But with TPM, we had no idea when the VHS release would be, and Lucas didn't plan a DVD release at all.

Not to mention the hype was a heck of alot bigger for TPM, because it was 16 years since the last Star Wars film. When it didn't meet those expectations, which frankly were impossible to meet anyway, it turned quite a few people off from seeing E2.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
08-20-2002, 12:54 AM
Not to mention the hype was a heck of alot bigger for TPM, because it was 16 years since the last Star Wars film.

Actually it was only 2 years cause of the Special Editions, but then again that's a minor technicality. ;)

TPM also opened in alot more theatres than AOTC, IIRC. Plus I think TPM stuck around longer because of that so it had the chance to earn more.

hango fett
08-20-2002, 06:31 AM
i remeber seeing OT SE in theaters....there was a bit of a line, but nothing huge....but when my dad went to see TPM at midnight, he said there was a huge crowd. but he said that the AOTC crowd was bigger and more enthusiastic. and if i would have brought my electronic qui-gon saber, i could have dueled with some people!!!! i won't forget it in 2005!
h

abell748
08-20-2002, 10:13 AM
There was also more movies released around AOTC. In 1999, movies avoided TPM for weeks before and after. This year there was Spider-man and other blockbuster caliber movies released right before or right after AOTC came out. I think that more people just went to more movies instead of seeing AOTC 20 times.
But on the subject:
I think that Hasbro should have neutral poses for the Padme and Obi figs. Let me decide how I want to pose them in my Arena playset, not have Hasbro prepose them for me.

hango fett
08-20-2002, 10:36 AM
good thought, abell748. i really don't want my padme' to have her arm like that frovever...
h