PDA

View Full Version : Lee's Toy Review magazine

JediGoofy
08-14-2002, 11:02 AM
Hi all,
in the Rebelscum forum (http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000117) I read this post:

JediMAC : I just picked up issue # 118 of Lee's Toy Review magazine currently at newsstands and it has a GREAT 15 page complete picture reference guide to ALL of the Star Wars Micro Machine and Action Fleet products made from inception through the end of Episode 1. I highly recommend it to all Galoob enthusiasts and collectors. The only downfall, is that all of the pictures are packaged/boxed shots, no "loose" toy images. Check it out!

Do you know this magazine? Is the article mentioned really interesting? Is it worth to buy it?

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. It looks like I am always here to ask for your help, but it is hard to live in the third world of SW collecting. :dead:
You are actually my only "life line". :D

Vortex
08-14-2002, 11:32 AM
I get lee's and the issue did have their "build-a-guide" of SW micro machines.

I don't collect them so I pretty much just skimmed it, but hey if its your thing, go pick up a copy. I think the next issue should finish it off, if it was missing anything. They usually do a 2 parter or 3 depending on how big the line they are reviewing is.

Jangu Fett
08-14-2002, 06:52 PM
I always pick Lee's up if it catches my eye. This one defenitly did. It showed three packaged sets for the Episode 1 Micro Machine line that I have never seen in stores.

SWAFMAN
08-15-2002, 05:04 PM
is this magazine available at "better newsstands everywhere"? or would I need to look in a specialty shop - like a collector's or comic book store?

Vortex
08-15-2002, 05:20 PM
Shinders, hobby shops should have it, comic shops. I don't think you'll see it next to Time or your typical newspapers and mags. I don't think you can get it at your airport book stores either...

darthcarlos
08-15-2002, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the info on the mag. I never buy this type of magazine but I think it has great MM info. I bought it yesterday at Barnes and Noble in Cerritos, California. B and N should have a website.

Darth Carlos

JediTricks
08-16-2002, 12:05 AM
www.bn.com but I don't think they sell individual periodicals online.

SWAFMAN
08-16-2002, 11:04 AM
thanks, all! I'll try to hit my local B/N today! :)

added a few hours later.......

SCORE!!!

snagged the mag at B/N. a little pricey. ~ $6.30 incl. tax. but - yee-ha. a very nice companion / reference piece to have alongside your collection.

thanks again, all!

P.S. I believe that's one of our distinguished brethren (S43) who's given a "Special Thanks" nod in this piece.

sicqnus
08-17-2002, 01:57 PM
You can purchase it online at : http://www.theearthtoymall.com/curisofleesa.html

You can also pay through Paypal.

Enjoy !

Sicqnus