PDA

View Full Version : What overplayed songs do you do the "Weird Al" thing to...?

JEDIpartner
08-14-2002, 12:41 PM
Currently... I am sick of hearing "It's Hot in Herre" by Nelly. (Also... the double "r" would cause the word to be pronounced "HER"... try a double "E" next time, Einstein!)

Every time I hear it... I either sing:

"It's getting hot in here, he's sweating through his clothes. He is getting so stank- I wanna rip my nose off!"

-or-

"It's getting hot in here, she took off all her clothes. She is so nasty- she needs to put this bag on!"

Anyone else do this... or am I the only 12 year old here? :cool: :crazed:

El Chuxter
08-14-2002, 01:07 PM
I do it all the time, but unfortunately I can't remember any specific examples at the moment.

Isn't that Nelly song the worst song ever recorded? It makes Ricky Martin look like freakin' Bob Dylan!

2-1B
08-14-2002, 01:27 PM
That cover by that band whose name I can't recall (Smashmouth???) of "I'm a Believer" drives me nuts, we have quite an alternate track going for it. Can't post it though, Chux may have to clean up the references. ;)

Sheryl Crow's song about soaking up the sun has the same effect ! :D

Here's a weird thing though - recently on an "oldies" station I heard American Pie and since I don't know the lyrics I just subbed the words from The Saga Begins! :happy:

JEDIpartner
08-14-2002, 01:42 PM
I also sang Destiny's Child's "Survivor" as "M*ffdiver" with pretty explicit lyrics. I wish I could type them here... you'd laff.

billfremore
08-14-2002, 01:44 PM
Pearl Jam - "She's got the salami, she's got the bread, can't find the butter, man!"

Chumbawumba - "I've got no cow, but I need milk again, ain't never gonna dunk it down"

Greenday - "Another turnip boy, a fork stuck in the road"

Mandalorian Candidat
08-14-2002, 01:52 PM
I've been tuning into an 80s replay station that seems to think there were only about 100 songs released the whole decade. I always sing along with:

Bon Jovi: Living' Under Stairs

B-52's: Butt Crack, or Pimp Slap (depends on the mood I'm in)

Depeche Mode: Just Can't Get It Up

Duran Duran: Please, Please Mow Me Down (even though it's really Is There Something I Should Know)

There's a million other ones that I just can't think of right now, but I'm sure they'll get played at least four times each later today.

billfremore
08-14-2002, 02:23 PM
BTO - "and I'll be baking carrot biscuits, everyday!"

JEDIpartner
08-14-2002, 06:43 PM
"Am I standing still... beneath the dog in the sky...?"
-Jewel "Standing Still"

"I'm not a squirrel... not quite a human..."
-Britney Spears "I'm Not A Girl (Not Yet A Woman)"

Rogue II
08-14-2002, 08:26 PM
When they were playing that Kylie Minogue song "I can't get you out of my head" every 45 minutes, I came up with some alternative lyrics. I don't think I can post many of them.

I actually did a paper in college consisting of song parodies.

Where is Wierd Al, anyway?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-15-2002, 12:45 AM
Pearl Jam "45 Versions of a Pelican!"

Creedence Clearwater Revival (everybody has done this) "There's a bathroom on the right . . . "

Some Motown group who's name I forgot "Ain't no woman like the One-Eyed Gott"

Jimi Hendrix "Scuse me, why I kiss this guy!"

scruffziller
08-15-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II

Where is Wierd Al, anyway?

He and his band are currently in the studio working on their new album go towww.weirdal.com (http://www.weirdal.com)

As a kid we made up words for "I Write The Songs" to
"I Let The Farts"

Here it is.

I've been alive forever, and I let the very first fart.....
I put the sound and the stinkys together, I am stinky, and I let the farts.

Chourus:
I let the farts that make the whoooooooole world stink...........
I let the farts that make the old women think..............
I let the farts that make the young girls die..........
I let the farts, I let the farts..................

Also when I am working at WAl Mart and a song comes on over the intercom which is the original song that Weird Al did a parody of and will sing Al's version because the song isn't that loud and one of the ladies I work with gets amused at how I am "butchering" the song but with the genius of AL!!!!!:D

Rogue II
08-15-2002, 11:34 AM
Every time I read Emperor Jargo's sig line I think of "Chery, Chery" by Neil Diamond:

"My Nexu loves me, yes, yes he does."

Mandalorian Candidat
08-15-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
As a kid we made up words for "I Write The Songs" to
"I Let The Farts"

Here it is.

I've been alive forever, and I let the very first fart.....
I put the sound and the stinkys together, I am stinky, and I let the farts.

Chourus:
I let the farts that make the whoooooooole world stink...........
I let the farts that make the old women think..............
I let the farts that make the young girls die..........
I let the farts, I let the farts..................

A fox smells his own hole first. :D

Two of my friends and I in high school band used to make up a lot of songs about racial stereotypes. I guess they were funny back in the 80s before society became really concerned about being sensitive towards race. It didn't seem to be a big deal to us since all three of us were of different ethnic and racial backgrounds and we would all equally poke fun at our own ethnic stereotypes.

Ah, to be young and naive again...

QLD
08-15-2002, 12:54 PM
I do it all the time to everything. Unfortunately, very few are actually fit for print here.

Emperor Howdy
08-15-2002, 01:26 PM
It is impossible for me to listen to Creed's "Arms Wide Open" without totally destroying it now. In my best exaggerated Scott Stapp voice I sing:

"Well I just took........a poo today....."
"Seems my ***........is gonna spray..."
"I drop my pants......to lay my egg....."
"As streams of poo....drip down my leg......."

"With legs wide open.....under the stall light".....etc.,etc.

dingodad
08-17-2002, 03:30 PM
The Beatles "she's got a chicken to ride"
Anyone who was force fed country music will remember a Randy travis song called "I thought the he walked on water". One part says" he was 90 years old in '63
and I loved him and he loved me
and lord i cried the day he died
cause i thought that he walked on water"
To my shame, I sing it as "one day we were fishing out in his boat
and I pushed him out but he didnt float
so I was surprised when he capsized
cause I thought that he walked on water"
I also imagine Apu from the Simpsons singing "Who is the one that has let the dogs out?"

Bobajames
08-18-2002, 12:17 AM
Usually whenever i hear just about any creed song that is overplayed (most) i just make up lyrics about him trying to be like eddie vedder and wishing he was pearl jam ( seriously thats what he sounds like hes trying to do!)

LTBasker
08-18-2002, 12:44 AM
Pink's "Hazard to myself", whenever the line "darn that Britney Spears, she's so pretty, that just isn't me" comes up, I always have to sing "run from Britney spears, she's so ugly, she just ain't right."

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-18-2002, 12:51 AM
Who can forget Johnny Rivers' "Secret Asian Man?"

"He's giving you some chopsticks and takin' way your forks."

AdmiralPiett
08-18-2002, 03:39 AM
"Nobody gonna break'a my SPINE, nobody gonna slow me down, oh no, i gotta keep on moooovin!"

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-18-2002, 11:51 PM
"White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplaine.

"Tell em' a hookah smoking catepillar, has given you the call."

(Oh wait a minute, that's what they really say)

Patient Zero
08-18-2002, 11:54 PM
Actually I do it to just about every song I hear...I'm a bitter little person.

Lord Tenebrous
08-19-2002, 12:33 AM
I only listen to NPR anymore, that's how disappointed I am in new music. My favorite stations are now playing trashy Top 40 hits and calling Nirvana 'classic rock'. If I tried to redo the lyrics, my ears would bleed.

But every so often, NPR has the Capitol Steps (http://www.capsteps.com/) live, and it's always a great experience, political commentary to familiar tunes.

mabudonicus
08-19-2002, 09:33 AM
Yeah, BJ, creed and pearl jam.... I usually get real "creed like" and yell out "Cuz I'm FREEEzaaaayEOH" or "I'm lyin here BLEED DAY YAYOH" it makes me laugh....
I still wanna write a rock opera of TESB by creed, i hate the band but i think their stupid gimmick would make for a funny project.... their sound has got nothing to do with ANYTHING fun at all

JEDIpartner
08-19-2002, 11:17 AM
"Mucus... makes your nostrils stick together... yeah."

:D

billfremore
08-19-2002, 11:32 AM
Another Birck in the Wall pt 2

"the Dukes of Hazzard are in the classroom"

Mandalorian Candidat
08-19-2002, 11:53 AM
When I used to listen to Stern he would have really good song parodies. There was an especially good one about Princess Di when she died. It was one of the Beatles' songs, perhaps "She Loves You, Ya, Ya, Ya."

I just remember one line about being squished like a banana.

Rogue II
08-19-2002, 12:22 PM
I heard some DJs in Colorado play a song after Kurt Cobain killed himself. It was a parody of "You're so Vain." I don't remember much of the lyrics, but the worst one was:

"Now there's brains in your cornflakes, brains in your cornflakes
Oh, Kurt Cobain...."

It was hilarious. And while I'm on the topic of Kurt Cobain....I saw this one comedian. He said, "If there is one thing we learned from Kurt Cobain its never to store your heroin in your shotgun."

I wish I could find the Dr. Dememto show here in the DC area. I used to listen to him when I lived in Southern CA.

InsaneJediGirl
08-24-2002, 09:33 PM
Change the words in "Lucky"(By Britney Spears) and change it to Ugly every time she says Lucky..Keeps me amused while my ears bleed from the "music".Also,I created lyrics to "Oops..I did it again"..but this is a family board and I cant post things such as that.

I wish I had the Dr.Demento show here..although I have never heard it.However,the local rock stations make fun of some of the Top 40 Pop songs,so it keeps me entertained:D

LTBasker
08-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Change the words in "Lucky"(By Britney Spears) and change it to Ugly every time she says Lucky..Keeps me amused while my ears bleed from the "music".Also,I created lyrics to "Oops..I did it again"..but this is a family board and I cant post things such as that.

Cool I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that, I'll have to note that for my defense next/any time I end up doing that and someone starts saying "You shouldn't do that yadda yadda yadda". :evil

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-26-2002, 12:29 AM
"I am a Rock" by Simon and Garfunkle.

"I am a wok, I am a piece of Chinese Cookery!"

jjreason
08-26-2002, 08:29 AM
Shakira's "Underneath Your Clothes" translates directly into:

Attack of the clones
It's a Sith Lord Story
He will fry your bones
For old Palpy's glory

Yep, that sucked.

JEDIpartner
09-04-2002, 03:26 PM
"Mama... I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to make you cry... but tonight I'm cleaning up my carsick"

Darth Cruel
09-04-2002, 03:37 PM
I did this to Bingo on this site. I am going to have to rewrite it, though, now that I nkow more about Jango.