PDA

View Full Version : So what do us islanders think of these new december figures

patchiswelsh
08-14-2002, 12:52 PM
So what do us islanders think of these new december figures??

personally i think we have too many of these guys and ones from cut scenes!!!
don't get me started

we need more background characters

if they had an arena wave of Jedi and poggle etc i would buy the lot

but this lot wont sell very fast but i suppose it is xmas so all the little kiddies will want those ones

Jek Porky 2002
08-14-2002, 05:31 PM
I welcome with open arms each and every one of these new figures, even the Tusken Raider (if it doesn't turn out to be the one with the Massif)!

Obi-Wan, I'd love but I just know they are going to mess up with it, I just know!

We need the Padme

We definatly need the Mace

And we also need the Tyrannus!

BRING 'EM ON!!!!!

gibbspaulus
08-19-2002, 06:31 AM
I am falling behind badly and wish so many weren't coming out, but that's me being selfish. In different financial circumstances I'd be leap-frogging. May have to preorder one a week or something!!

Jargo
08-23-2002, 05:22 PM
I'm short of just a few figures so far. Picked everything I wanted up no problem with a little patience and a little cunning. I wish they'd slow down a little on the releases and give everyone a breather and a chance to save up some spending money and pay off the credit cards.

2002 gave us:

55 basic figures,
11 deluxe figures,
2 troop builder packs,
2 silver 25th anniversary figures,
3 25th anniversary 2-packs,
4 figure w/ accessory sets,
3 figure w/ cantina bar sets.
8 vehicles,
1 playset.

And people still want more?

I won't believe those reports until I start seeing Hasbro trying to squirm out of confirming the reports. But I will say that the Mace and Tyranus seem to be unleashed figures not 3 3/4 inch figures.
I'm only excited about the jedi library droids right now if this rumour proves correct I'll be happy as Larry. I don't care what cut scenes they come from they're droids and new droids at that. The Obi Padme and Anakin and stuff are boring to me right now. I'm sick of the sight of Jedi to be honest and want some background characters and scene fillers. Interesting costumes and alien faces. senators and stuff. And more original trilogy stuff. And more TPM stuff. The only Jedi i want for is a Yoda on his hover pod.

patchiswelsh
08-25-2002, 08:13 AM
Apparently Poggle is coming out at end of year!!!
Yes thats one from my top 4!!!

other 3 being Stass Allie, Aayla Secura and Bariss Offee

Jargo
08-25-2002, 11:07 AM
Where'd you read that patchiswelsh? he was rumoured for a late release since early this year or late last year but so far there's been no confirmation has there? These retailer brochures are always so innaccurate it's really not worth taking anything as gospel that comes from them. Especially not anything from Diamond comics in-house brochures.

However, I do think it would be wise to put out Poggle soon along with some seperatists and more alien Jedi. I don't like the Jedi part but the heads are great for custom jobs :)

patchiswelsh
08-25-2002, 12:01 PM
Well Jargo
I have heard from a man who works at Hasbro UK and poggle was finished ages ago and is in mass produstion or so i have heard and as one the late surprises he is planned for a December 2002 release!!!
Also Aayla and Bariss are dur out late this year early next!!!

Jargo
10-07-2002, 06:47 PM
Coming back to this late as usual, I hope you're right P. Having seen the pictures I'm not terribly excited at the prospect of the Obi acklay attack and the mace looks hidious but Padme and Tyranus look funky. The tusken is pretty cool and I love the little base with the fire he comes with. The two speeders look absolutely to die for and the walmart screen scene sets will be a must have for next year.

Waiting for hasbro to put up more pictures is excrutiatingly painful knowing what they've confirmed. The addition of bail Organa and Poggle would cap off a pretty awesome year for product.

patchiswelsh
10-08-2002, 11:10 AM
not sure about poggle now hasbro have announce
am happy tho about padmé which i will get for christmas
and aayla and barriss i will get a.s.a.p
yey
!!!!!!!!!!!!