PDA

View Full Version : Zam Wesell Picture!!!!!

GNT
10-19-2001, 02:58 AM
Well on the new cover of the Star Wars insider it has a cool picture of Jango Fett and the First ever picture of Zam Wesell,the bounty hunter and the star of 2 select images,to check it out click here (http://www.collectstarwars.com/images/publications/insider57.jpg)

Thoughts?

evenflow
10-19-2001, 08:46 AM
Very cool, when did that issue come out? I have not got it yet?

Jargo
10-19-2001, 09:20 AM
It's from the November issue isn't it? due to hit mailboxes shortly according to the official site.

I'm not sure about the Zam Wessel headgear. I was hoping for a more mysterious look with a helmet more like Sgt. Doallyn from Jabba's palace. Still, it's one more bounty hunter to add to the collection..... Jango looks okay but after all the exposure the OT Boba Fett got I find it hard to get exited about this guy Y'know? Like "oh yeah, blue and silver mandalorian armour... NEXT!" As long as the action figure comes with a removable helmet I could probably get a bit stoked about that. :)

Rollo Tomassi
10-19-2001, 11:00 AM
On a nitpicky sidenote, should they really be referred to as "Bounty Hunters"? I mean, Padme didn't jump bail or anything. And they aren't trying to bring her back. They are just trying to kill her. I believe you call those people ASSASSINS, not Bounty Hunters. Whats up with that Lucasfilm? Afraid to give your BAD GUYS negative connotations?

Buy I digress, I like Zam's look. It's new, unlike Fett (I agree with Jargo ** HUM) but still sexy and mysterious enough. If she HAD been wearing a Sgt Doallyn type helmet, Jargo would be complaining he'd seen it already ala Mandalorian Armor. Make up your mind already!

Co Jo-Da
10-19-2001, 12:29 PM
Awesome...that's just awesome looking...

Jargo
10-19-2001, 02:29 PM
If she HAD been wearing a Sgt Doallyn type helmet, Jargo would be complaining he'd seen it already ala Mandalorian Armor. Make up your mind already!

I'm deeply wounded.... :( :p

Actually, on second viewing and third and fourth - she actually reminded me of shredder from the teenage mutant ninja turtles cartoon series. It's that eye slit and the overall ninja look of the outfit. and the colour. And no, if she'd had a helmet like Sgt. Doallyn i wouldn't have complained. Some things work well if they are a repeated motif, others don't. Some things smack of a lack of imagination. others just look underdone or overdone.
Whilst it might appear that I dwell on the negative, I don't really. I leave the fawning to others better equipped to lick boots and follow round like a puppy dog hanging on every little sniff of a grain of a spoiler. :) I just come in and point at the bits they forgot to paint. Much like your observation about the bounty hunter label. A little negative wasn't it? But at least we almost agreed. Progress at least :)

bigbarada
10-19-2001, 10:24 PM
ummmm, I think Zam Wessel looks pretty cool, is it okay to say that here without being considered a boot-licker?

Personally, I only keep a passing interest in the workings of the Prequels. I find it easier to keep perspective this way. Only when something really hits me over the head with amazement do I stop to gush (Tusken female and child). Zam almost had that affect on me but now that Jargo made that accursed "Shredder" comment, I'll never be able to look at her again without snickering.:mad: Damn you, Jargo!!!;)

GNT
10-19-2001, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Actually, on second viewing and third and fourth - she actually reminded me of shredder from the teenage mutant ninja turtles cartoon series.

I can see it now :) Shredder wife? Notice in the picture Jango has his rocket, unlike in other photos we have seen without the rocket!

Co Jo-Da
10-20-2001, 01:57 AM
Zaw Wesell's ninja look is perfect, steathly and deadly.

Fulit
10-20-2001, 11:37 AM
She reminded me of Kitana or whatever her name was from Mortal Kombat 2.

evenflow
10-20-2001, 01:15 PM
Shredder, i definatley see it.

GNT
10-20-2001, 11:59 PM
Maybe George asked his kids for ideas for a new character and one of them said "Why not do a character like shredder?"

Wooooof
10-21-2001, 02:33 AM
Very cool!:cool:

Although I am a little concerned with the look of Jango's guns. What's the deal with all the slick streamlined firearms in the prequels?

Jargo
10-21-2001, 06:49 AM
Well y'know, it's like having your house decorated by a fancy schmantzy designer - they come, they waft around talking ****, they get the painters in, they leave, you sit back and relise you just payed a king's ransom for work that totally ruined your house. You gaze into a corner and go "oh my god, what is that!" and so it must have been at Skywalker Ranch when Rick hired some 'genius' talent and 'amazing visionaries' to draw up the prequels costume and prop designs. :)

I'm not serious really. They are from a more elegent time that hearkens back to the days of the saturday moring serial...... Oh, didn't somebady already say something like that? :(

I think they look really girly. A big strapping bloke like Jango and he has little itty bitty girly guns. That can't be right surely? Where's his kickass blaster rifle or his compound thermo detonator firing bazooka? Where's the twin barreled automatic laser pulse rifle? He should be a fighting force not some girl scout with toy potato guns.
If Jango is the source of the clones and had to fight with those things then it's no wonder the stormtroopers are lousy shots.

GNT
10-22-2001, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
If Jango is the source of the clones and had to fight with those things then it's no wonder the stormtroopers are lousy shots.

Good point,such a sleek weapon he uses :)

Co Jo-Da
10-22-2001, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Wooooof

Although I am a little concerned with the look of Jango's guns. What's the deal with all the slick streamlined firearms in the prequels?

Obi-Wan once said, "An elegant weapon for a more civilized time.” If you notice at Jango’s guns look like the ones from Episode I and Battle Droids rifles look the StormTrooper’s from ANH-RofJ.

JEDIpartner
10-22-2001, 12:41 PM
Zam Wessell looks like Mrs. Shredder all right. I also kinda thought of her as Mata Hari (Assassin Gear).

Yeah... Blue and silver Mandalorian armour- (yawwwwwn). Still a cool design, but nothing eye-popping.

2-1B
06-06-2007, 01:31 AM
I love Zam's look but I think it would have been better if they left her as a human assassin instead of that green changeling deal...