PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about Parksabers?

Bobajames
08-14-2002, 10:37 PM
Ok, its not really a replica, its an "original design" by jeffrey parks of parksabers. has anyone ordered one of these? ive been thinking about getting one, but i just found this new site called www.buystarwarsstuff.com that sells the exact sabers w/ the same names for about 10 bucks cheaper, but nowhere on the site does it say anything about parksabers. Is something strange here?

derek
08-14-2002, 11:50 PM
those are park sabers on that site.

jeff parks actually did bid on becoming the official lucasfilm propmaker, but was out bid by master replicas, who supposidly paid $5 million for the rights.

i don't own any park sabers, but i've only heard good things about him and his products.

jonboy
08-14-2002, 11:55 PM
I have heard that these are suppose to be of really high quality. I don't know of anyone who has ordered them though.

Bobajames
08-14-2002, 11:56 PM
thanks, but still, why are they ten bucks cheaper, and say nothing about parksabers? parksabers site says it all over the place.

JediTricks
08-15-2002, 02:05 AM
I bought a hilt from parksabers back in Nov/Dec of '98 right before they started electronic blades (in fact, Jeff put an info sheet and a couple honest-to-goodness photographs of his lit prototype in the box my hilt came in). The hilt was hand made from pre-designed machined parts that worked together, Jeff Parks made and put 'em all together himself back then, I called and talked to him and his wife a few times (the first hilt got lost in the mail, so he slapped another one together JUST in the nick of time so it would be here for x-mas) and they were nice people who seemed genuine about what they were doing. The saber itself has been one of the crown jewels in my collection, it's an original design double-bladed hilt (I had been eyeing it on their website for a while but ordered it the day after the first Ep 1 trailer came out and showed Maul's double saber, Jeff's wife said they had JUST heard about a double saber being in the film and were excited :D). It's not perfection but it was well worth the money I paid.

I would bet this other site selling Parksabers has a different price because of shipping arrangements.