PDA

View Full Version : David Williams is dead.

scruffziller
08-15-2002, 09:15 AM
A moment of silence......:zzz:

billfremore
08-15-2002, 09:20 AM
Not to be mean or sound ignorant, but who's David Williams?

Pendo
08-15-2002, 09:34 AM
I was about to ask the same thing billfremore, but I will still do the silence...

:zzz:

PENDO!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-15-2002, 09:42 AM
He's the lead singer for Drowning Pool. What makes it even worse, he died in Manassas, Va, which is only a few minutes from where I live. DP were going to perform for Ozzfest. My friends are going to Ozzfest today and they're going to be disappointed that DP won't be performing.

Indeed a moment of silence...

Emperor Howdy
08-15-2002, 12:29 PM
Sorry.....I'm still busy moment of silencing Layne Staley....:zzz:

2-1B
08-15-2002, 01:18 PM
How did he die?
I skipped their performance at Ozzfest on Sunday, no offense. :cry:

scruffziller
08-15-2002, 02:12 PM
THey have not released the cause of death.

Darth Shifty
08-15-2002, 05:12 PM
*cough*O.D.*cough*

hango fett
08-15-2002, 05:17 PM
sorry to hear that....even though i don't really like there music, i hate deaths of anyone besides terrorists....:zzz:
h

Exhaust Port
08-15-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy

I was always hoping that AIC would put out another album. Too bad he secumed to the drug addiction.

It just goes to show what drugs will get you. Fame and fortune can't protect you or be considered an excuse. It's just a slower method of suicide than shooting yourself I guess. I feel sorry for the families and friends of those who kill themselves off but not for the junkies. Enjoy your dirt nap.

Patient Zero
08-15-2002, 10:49 PM
My foot just fell asleep. Can I have a moment of silence for that too!??!

I don't understand why people are so obsessed with the deaths of people that they do not know. Is it because they start to realize their own mortality. Why is it that death comes as such a surprise? You are finite, get over it. Live if you want to live, die if you want to die. This is not harsh, it is just what we are given. Take advantage of it! Why do I answer my own questions? Do I like to hear myself talk? Do I like Ketchup?

The answer is yes!

MikeAndTheBots
08-15-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
Yeah, I personally believe Layne's death was a bigger loss. He made some pretty cool music and was a damn good singer. Well that and I actually liked AIC.

I mean I wasn't a fan but it kind of sucks for thier fans that the Drowning Pool guy died. I'll refrain from saying anything bad since this is a "Family forum". But as a band they weren't too good, and I never liked them at all anyway. I'm not jumping on any "Hey he's dead he must have been so cool" bandwagons.

Fulit
08-16-2002, 12:50 AM
Is he that guy who sang about not caring about anyone, "BUT MEAAAYYYYY"!?????????

scruffziller
08-16-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty
*cough*O.D.*cough*

It was not that, he did not do drugs. But he did drink heavily.

Exhaust Port
08-16-2002, 08:47 AM
in that case:

*cough*alcohol poisoning*cough*

-or-

*cough*choked on vomit*cough*

Sure it might have been something more innocent but more times than not it's drug or alcohol related. "WooHoo Look at me, I'm a big fancy rockstar!"

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-16-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
Is he that guy who sang about not caring about anyone, "BUT MEAAAYYYYY"!?????????

Yes.

Nexu
08-16-2002, 09:22 AM
That really sucks. :( I heard it on the radio yesterday. Pretty bad, they're out of a band now.

JangoFeet
08-16-2002, 07:04 PM
I don't think he died from an OD. A friend of mine knew him, (we all live in Texas, near Dallas) and he said Dave never did drugs.
It's really sad. I like thier music, and had hoped they'd make a 2nd album sometime soon...

Exhaust Port
08-17-2002, 02:10 AM
I'm sure some more material will surface in the next few months. Heck, almost 30 years after Lennon died we got another one of his songs.

Why don't people consider alcohol a drug? "I'd never do drugs but I don't think twice about drinking a whole 6 pack in one sitting." It seems many of our nations fraternity folks and other binge drinkers don't believe this until one of their own proves them wrong. Welcome to the world of "Liquid Suicide."

TylerD
08-17-2002, 02:29 AM
Thank you Exhaust Port! I was going to say something about people not considering alcohol a drug. It is one of my biggest pet peeves (along with double negatives). A drug is anything that you are addicted to. Nicotine is a drug, alcohol is a drug, even caffeine is a drug.

TylerD
08-17-2002, 02:35 AM
And as I am thinking about it, I am so sick of musicians and actors killing themselves by doing drugs. So much that I don't even care anymore. If they knew they had a problem, then why didn't they go to a rehabilitation facility? David could have gone to rehab. So could Chris Farley. I mean, Ben Affleck and Robert Downey Jr. did. So did that guy from Backstreet Boys...

Oh yeah, even Star Wars is a drug (a mental drug, whereas the drugs mentioned above are physical drugs.)

Exhaust Port
08-17-2002, 10:19 AM
This self-destruction is sadly an excepted behavior in the entertainment industry, more so on the music side. Since they're willing to embrace it so willingly I find it hard to ever have simpathy for those that kick off. You seriously have to TRY and become addicted to alcohol and nicotine. It's not like your hooked after your first drink or first smoke.

scruffziller
08-18-2002, 03:28 PM
I guess why alcohol is never condidered a drug (even though it is) is because it is legal. When we say "drugs" it is directly infering the legal nature via degree of danger that is adhered to them. It's nothing but a semantics, mind, metaphysics game.

Exhaust Port
08-19-2002, 10:01 PM
Don't forget people get hooked on "legal" drugs as well. Codine anyone?

Nexu
08-19-2002, 10:35 PM
Robotrip anyone?