PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the notes to a Star Wars song?

icatch9
08-15-2002, 10:18 AM
Can anyone help me with notes to a star wars song? Anysong would do, but the main theme or the Imperial March would be great! Maybe a website or something. Anything would be great.

Thanks,
icatch9

Darth Shifty
08-15-2002, 10:45 AM
Hey icatch, are you going to compose some music for your new phone? Pretty much all the places online to find sheet music charge you, but I did find a website that lets you preview a good portion of the song free of charge. You'll have to download a plugin to be able to view the music, though. Good luck! :)

http://www.musicnotes.com/features/promo/starwars/

icatch9
08-15-2002, 10:48 AM
How did you know. Yea, my phone has the ability to make your own tunes and I want a star wars tune. Thanks for the tip, I'll see what I can get out of it.

Ok, great it worked! Now can anyone tell me how to read music? I don't have a clue. It's greek to me :(. I just wanted A B D A B as the notes. Now I got a bunch of lines and notes and what not, I think I've gone cross eyed looking at it. It's a great site, but I'm musically illiterate :(.

derek
08-15-2002, 10:49 AM
imperial march, main riff:

G,G,G,E,B,G,E,B,G.......... D,D,D,E,B,G,E,B,G

i found a star wars trilogy music book at a guitar/piano store a while back. i always thought it would be cool to play the imperial march on guitar, and i've heard metallica has played this tune in concert, though i have yet to hear it.

icatch9
08-15-2002, 11:01 AM
Thanks Derek. Those are the notes I needed. Not sure if it sounds like it just being the phone beeps, but it's still cool. Yea, Metalika did the imperial march. I downloaded it from Napster, but I think it's on thier last live album that came out a couple of years ago. Its the one they did with the San Fansico Syphony. I've heard it and it does rock! No Doubt does a couple of Star Wars rifs too. Their horn players and guitars make it sound reall cool. Plus, at CII they were showing off those Star Wars guitars, and a guys was playing the Imperail March on it and it sounded real cool!