PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the landspeeder..

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-15-2002, 01:06 PM
I just picked this up at the TRU in cols (off hamilton road) and i must say, this vehicle is pretty great. The paint job looks pretty snazzy and IMHO the detail is pretty nifty. The luke figure looks medicore, for the joints in the arms are really really really obvious. No word yet on that blasted X-wing!!

any other thoughts on this vehicle??

pthfnder89
08-15-2002, 01:16 PM
Thanks for sharing Jedi_Master_Guyute! I've been eagerly awaiting the landspeeder, since I can't afford the Xwing (I finally found them last week, but I had to leave them on the shelf:sad:)

I'm glad to hear your positive review of the landspeeder!:) Hope I can find one.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-15-2002, 01:29 PM
HH to you pthfinder89!!! I'm getting anxious to find the X-wing. Did it look good to your or pass on it? I want to collect vehicles, but they're kinda pricy. I bet money that hasbro will release another Tie-Fighter and Falcon. I'll pick those up and then get the A-Wing, b- wing, snowspeeder and Tie-Bomber by the time episode III toys hit. that would be gold!

pthfnder89
08-15-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
HH to you pthfinder89!!! I'm getting anxious to find the X-wing. Did it look good to your or pass on it? I want to collect vehicles, but they're kinda pricy. I bet money that hasbro will release another Tie-Fighter and Falcon. I'll pick those up and then get the A-Wing, b- wing, snowspeeder and Tie-Bomber by the time episode III toys hit. that would be gold!

Well, it didn't look too bad to me, but then again I didn't open it. I've heard the quality isn't too great. When I saw them it looked ok; though, being an exclusive, I think it's a bit too expensive for what you get. I still would have bought one in a heartbeat if I had had the money though. :)

It would make a nice compliment to go along with the other Rebel fighters if you get them. Personally, I hope I can still find some when I have the $40 to spend.

Adam
08-15-2002, 03:45 PM
Sometimes I fear I will ever see the TRU exclusives.. the only things my TRU has are pegwarmers from 4/23...

billfremore
08-15-2002, 03:47 PM
The landspeeder is much better than any of the ones from the previous lines.

The price is a bit high but I figured since I've never owned one I gotta. :D

Now, wheres that freakin' X-wing?!?

Jargo
08-16-2002, 04:39 PM
Can't be bothered repeating myself endlessly, here's what's been said before.
Landspeeder thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11468&highlight=25th+anniversary+landspeeder)

Captain Trips
08-17-2002, 01:32 AM
I know you hafta pay for the shipping, but TRU.com DOES have the X-wing in stock. And, I must say, IT ROCKS!

Darth forb1us
08-17-2002, 09:53 AM
I saw the X-wing, TrU had about 8 of them, still have those 8, and will probably for a while.. $40 is too much (although only 10 bucks too much, but still)
I had the money, but I bought other stuff that was more worthwhile. I WILL pick up the X-wing eventually, but not right now :)
It did look nice

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-17-2002, 03:36 PM
I scored the X-wing yesterday at my TRU. It's pretty nifty actually!!! I'm quite impressed!