PDA

View Full Version : Odd Star Wars/time travel question

El Chuxter
08-15-2002, 03:25 PM
This is strange and I don't know what made me think of this just now, but here goes.

If you could travel back in time to, say, 1997 (just after the release of the Special Editions) and bring any five prequel items (excluding scripts, novelizations, or the actual films) to either yourself or another person of equal Star Wars geekdom, what would they be? And what conclusions do you think that you'd have come up with then?

Here's my choices:
1) TPM Soundtrack: "Wow, uh, this is pretty interesting. That vocal stuff doesn't sound very Star Warsy, though."

2) AOTC Soundtrack: "This must be the movie where he gets married, since there's an obvious love theme. And he goes Vader in the end, because right there's the Imperial March."

3) Deluxe POTJ Darth Maul (loose figure): "This guy must work for Vader. Or Anakin kills him to become Vader. One or the other."

4) Luminara Unduli (loose figure): "She's wearing black, so she must be a Dark Jedi. Looks pretty mean."

5) POTJ Jar Jar (loose figure): "What is this, a comedy? Get out of here, crackpot. You're not from the future. Lucas would never allow this!"

Pendo
08-15-2002, 04:03 PM
Well here's what I'd take back.

Episode I Soundtrack: Same as what El Chuxter said.

Episode II Soundtrack: Same as El Chuxter said.

Episode I DVD Disk 2 (Hey it's NOT the actual film): "These trailers look cool I bet the film is great. Gosh GWL is looking old! :rolleyes:"

Master Replica yoda L-Saber: "Hey cool Lightsaber it must be a small Jedi to have that, but surley Yoda doesn't use one!"

Clonetrooper (loose figure): "Wow what's with the Stormtrooper?"

;)

PENDO!

Jargo
08-15-2002, 05:16 PM
After the special editions anything was possible from Skywalker ranch. Disbelief is something that died along with the original original trilogy. Your question should extend further back to a point in time before CGI hell and damnation ruined everything.

mabudonicus
08-15-2002, 06:25 PM
I'd bring a whole truckload of clearance TPM action figures, and sell them on ebay for outlandish prices, then come back and buy something good, like AOTC figures.......:)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-16-2002, 01:10 AM
Nikto (Jedi Knight) figure loose: That can't be Nikto, because he's one of Jabba's Skiff Guards.

R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry) figure loose: Why does your Power F/X R2 look different from mine?

Jango Fett (Kamino Escape) figure loose: Wow, that's what Boba Fett looks like w/o his helmet? Then the silver colored armor must be a new armor he wears after the Sarlaac incident.

Count Dooku (Dark Lord) figure loose: Obi-Wan never turned to the Dark side! And what's with his lightsaber handle?

Jar Jar Binks (Gungan Senator) figure loose: He has to be a Jedi, he's wearing a brown robe.

Exhaust Port
08-16-2002, 01:39 AM
If I traveled to soon after TPM a Zam Wessel figure: boy Aurra Sing looks a lot different

LTBasker
08-16-2002, 03:05 AM
Episode I actual film: See E2

Episode II actual film: "This is what these Special Edition CGI scenes will lead to?" (sales drop)

Arena Padme: "Well if this is what all the figures of her are gonna look like, then they should get someone else for that role..."

Hangar Duel Anakin: "They are now more machine than they are figure."

Episode 1 micro 3-pack: "Where's the third ship and stands? :cry: :cry: "

mabudonicus
08-16-2002, 11:55 AM
ROFL LTBasker!!!! yeah, Actually, if I could go back, maybe I would just go and book STOMP for a solid 5 year, far east tour, so that ahmed best would be unable to join TPMs cast.....

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 02:13 PM
I would take everything back that is similar looking, like the Clone Trooper, Jango Fett, Yoda w/ lightsaber. And make them guess who or what this is.----"WHAT WHO HUH.........COOL!!!!!!"