PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the Gunship?

jonboy
08-15-2002, 09:36 PM
I thought the Gunship was suppose to be available on 8-15? I went to Wal-Mart's website and it doesn't show up in the Star Wars section. But, if you do a search under "Gunship", it will show but the link doesn't work. None of the links work for it. Every time you click the link it says that it no longer exists. Has anyone here gotten one yet?

OriginalBryGuy
08-16-2002, 02:54 PM
All lies!

Heh heh...seriously, patience is a virtue. It will be on shelves soon enough..I plan to get a few for sure.

LTBasker
08-16-2002, 03:00 PM
They may have just taken it off their website or something for awhile to stop getting orders for it since alot of people might be putting in preorders and they ran out of stock to put towards the site.

pthfnder89
08-16-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
They may have just taken it off their website or something for awhile to stop getting orders for it since alot of people might be putting in preorders and they ran out of stock to put towards the site.

I almost never order from TRU.com or Wal-Mart.com. It's such a pain to find things there. For a while, TRU.com had Endor Han listed with a picture of Chewie and some strange item description.:rolleyes:

Val Da Car
08-17-2002, 09:54 PM
Well I called Wally World online (Wal Mart) and got an answer that they were verifing my credit card???? but on the other hand the eta is now 8/30/2002....so it sound like to back peddling to me......

That is my update so far.

and I have only ordered 2 of them. I was told that mine were allocated to me and not back order so maybe something else (Hasbro Kwality Qontrol) may be afoot....

or Wally world just wanted my money/order quicker.....to make their numbers look good....

who knows?

bigbarada
08-18-2002, 12:05 AM
Geez, someone can't find a new item a couple of days after it's official release and all heck breaks loose.:rolleyes: Patience. If I can find a new item anywhere within two months of it's release, I count myself lucky. You'll have one by Christmas, young one.:p

jonboy
08-18-2002, 12:40 AM
It is not that I am impatient. I am more than willing to wait. I just have a problem with being told that I would have it on my doorstep on a certain date, and then it doesn't show. Not only did it not show, but my credit card was billed!! That was what I had the problem with. I don't like paying for something that I never got. I guess that's what I get for pre-ordering something from Wal-Mart. That'll teach me!!! Heck, talk about patience, I waited almost a year to get Adm. Motti. If that is not being patient, I don't know what is. I just started this thread to see if it happened to anyone else.

Nexu
08-18-2002, 12:41 AM
Nope, I will wait until I am holding one in my hands, and the cash is in my pocket, before I will get one.

jonboy
08-18-2002, 12:45 AM
I canceled my pre-order and I will just wait until I see it in the store to buy it. It is less hassle that way.

Val Da Car
08-18-2002, 09:12 AM
No matter what I still want two for my diorama but you are right about being billed first (even though Wal Mart claims it is just an authorization not an actually transaction). It sounds like total bunk from them anyway. I ordered with them since they stated they're eta was 8/15 and everyone else was 8/30 or 9/15. If they push it back again and I will cancel my order also.:confused:

patchiswelsh
08-18-2002, 01:41 PM
i heard it ain't coming out in most places till mid september

patchiswelsh
08-18-2002, 01:43 PM
What i am getting impatient for is the Aayla Secura figure
but that ain't due out for months, like 2003

Darth forb1us
08-18-2002, 01:44 PM
I WANT 2 OF THEM NOW!!!! NOT LATER! :D hehehehe :crazed:

Val Da Car
08-18-2002, 08:40 PM
You are correct, Sir!!

Val Da Car
08-23-2002, 05:43 PM
Walmart online told me that due to a technical issue no Republic Gunships were able to be processed until 8-22-02 and I should expect my to ship on 8/26 or 8/27 and the update online to be correct.

If any of you have orders with Walmart call em 1-800-966-6546 to confirm your order status. The site has changed the information and now it says 1-2 days for it to process after ordering.

Good Luck:D