PDA

View Full Version : What vehicles would you like to see re-made?

Imperial Monarche
08-15-2002, 11:01 PM
Of all the vehicles that have been previously made, which one's would you like to see resculpted? i would personally like to see a new Millenium Falcon made, different than the scrunched version that is out now. A new skiff would be nice too.

SuperBattleDroid88
08-15-2002, 11:02 PM
I would have to say a new Millenium Falcon!!!!!!!!

DeadEye
08-15-2002, 11:08 PM
I agree. A new Falcon, and maybe a new AT-AT. One that's the proper size! :D

Beast
08-15-2002, 11:08 PM
Millenium Falcon would be nice, if they could do it bigger and bring the price point in at around $100, that would be great. Another vehicle that needs to be re-made is the TIE Fighter. The center section needs re-sculpted to loose the battery housing/handle, and the wings need to be alot bigger. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
08-15-2002, 11:11 PM
Jar Jar,

Was the POTJ TIE Interceptor to a good scale? Also, did they make a POTJ Y-Wing?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-15-2002, 11:17 PM
Eh, the vehicle debacle starts again for me!!! I want to get vehicles, i feel with the new window displays, i can enjoy them (i keep my stuff in the box). I got the new landspeeder, plan to get the new X-wing and will pick up the tie-bomber and snowspeeder in time, as well as the A-wing and B-wing. I can enjoy those more than the old POTF2 box that just had that cornball pic on the front.

Sorry, i was rambling! Definately a Tie-Fighter and for petes sake, the Millenium Falcon!!! Maybe a new AT-AT would be nicely.

BTW- Does the Death Star count as a vehicle?!?!?!?? hehehehehheheehee a remake DS would be quite delightful! :D

Beast
08-15-2002, 11:17 PM
The POTJ TIE Interceptor is pretty good to scale, and so is the TIE Bomber and Vader's TIE.

The only one that really needs redone is the TIE Fighter. Though I would probably buy 2 of them, and replace the center section of my TIE Interceptor.

Yes, Target had the Y-Wing as an exclusive. It could stand being a bit bigger, but it doesn't seriously need re-sculpted. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thunderstorm1
08-15-2002, 11:18 PM
I would also like to see a new Falcon, and how about that Shuttle Tyderium

LTBasker
08-15-2002, 11:19 PM
Snowspeeder - figure scale, which is actually smaller than the current mold, heh)
TIE Fighter - just more accurate would be great...
Y-Wing - More accurate and removeable droid.
Outrider - More accurate (Hey it's been an OT vehicle since '97. :D)
Swoop - A little more accurate with Mos Eisley rider (basically it'd just be a deluxe figure..)
3 pack speeder-bike set with new Biker Scout, Endor Leia, and Endor Luke and the Speeder bike from the upcoming Deluxe Clone Trooper. (Would make a nice window box set)

Lord Tenebrous
08-15-2002, 11:25 PM
Sandcrawler, TIE Fighter, and Cloud Car are my top three preferences.

But I would love an update on a few mini-rigs, like MLC-3 and PDT-8. :D

Beast
08-15-2002, 11:31 PM
Aye, I was going to mention the Sandcrawler. But if rumors hold true, hopefully that and the Twin-Pod Cloud Car will be availabe next year as a store exclusive. After FAO seems to have ticked Hasbro off with the whole Shuttle issue, let's hope that they aren't the one to grab the Sandcrawler. :mad: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-15-2002, 11:34 PM
JJ- i'm lost! how have hasbro and FAO been quarreling???

LTBasker
08-15-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
But I would love an update on a few mini-rigs, like MLC-3 and PDT-8. :D

It'd be sweet if they rereleased all or at half of the mini-rigs line. I'd love to get a new PDT-8, MLC-3, INT-4, ISP-6, and Vehicle Maintenance Energizer.

Beast
08-15-2002, 11:38 PM
FAO started taking pre-orders for the Imperial Shuttle, before they had even locked up the exclusive. Hasbro seemed a bit upset about that at Cel2, so I don't think they are to happy with what FAO decided to do. FAO also said they were only having I believe a total of 15,000 made, and Hasbro said that that is incorrect, that they would never do a run that small. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-15-2002, 11:41 PM
Ah, thanks for the clarification!! Yet with more than 15K made, the possibility of me getting my hands on one is as probable as me being in extra in Episode III- aka: not bloody likely!!

jonboy
08-16-2002, 12:04 AM
Sandcrawler, Falcon, TIE Fighter, and the mini rigs. Man, I really liked those when I was a kid. The ISP-6 rocked!!!

bigbarada
08-16-2002, 01:50 AM
I would say the TIE Fighter. The pod was close enough to the right size, but needs to be more accurate. The wings should also be much larger. They could pack it with a completely resculpted TIE Pilot.:)

The Falcon would be nice, but I'd have nowhere to put it.

I'd love to see a better version of Darth Vader's TIE also. More detailed without all the stupid firing missiles.

Chiesa
08-16-2002, 01:53 AM
I would like to have a bigger and more to scale Jabba's Sail Barge (not sure of the name) from ROTJ...

Another one of my personal favourite would definitely be the FALCON!!!

Cheers All :D

pthfnder89
08-16-2002, 02:34 PM
This is probably a little off-topic, but I just can't resist: Give me my Blockade Runner!!!!!:D

I know, it was never technically made in the first place, but they at least made a prototype and it looked damn cool! I don't care if it's grossly out of scale, it had a removable escape pod and some cool detailing and I want one NOW!

robman71
08-16-2002, 02:46 PM
The Millenium Falcon, The Tie Fighter, a new Death Star Playset, and a better Imperial Star Destroyer Playset.

OriginalBryGuy
08-16-2002, 02:52 PM
Imperial Shuttle would be cool. I'd also like to see a bigger rebel transport..

JediTricks
08-17-2002, 03:16 AM
Millennium Falcon is a must (and I'll gladly sacrifice electronics for a bigger and better toy design)

TIE Fighter

Swoop Bike (Basker called it)

Darth forb1us
08-17-2002, 09:50 AM
Yeah definately a TIE fighter (with a resculpted TIE Pilot (good idea BB), and Falcon.
I too would like to see a new AT-AT :D and a Sandcrawler would be sweet
Plus the mini rigs

:greedy: :cry: :crazed:

Sinister Lord
08-17-2002, 10:31 AM
I would just like them to make more of the AT-ST... I missed it, both times. Why can't they make enough of these so everyone could have one?

I would also like to see the twin pod cloud car.

Beast
08-17-2002, 11:16 AM
The TRU re-issue is still clogging the shelves in many areas, Sinister. I'm sure if you put in a request in the trading forums, someone would be kind enough to pick one up for you for cost plus shipping. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
08-17-2002, 04:57 PM
A new design on the AT-ST would be pretty sweet, the one we have now is way off base and can only hold 1 figure.

On the new Swoop, perhaps it could come with a swoop rider AND a new Dash Rendar that is more like the video game version of the character.

Darth Marra 54
08-17-2002, 06:44 PM
Sandcrawler is a must!
but no re suclpt on a ship that has been made since POTF2 (1995)

Mar10Sir
08-19-2002, 06:33 PM
Well... any vehicle that can be made closer to proportion with the figures would be nice (like the Power/FX or new Saga X-Wing). Another X-Wing like the new Saga one with different merkings (2 stripes for Red 2) and a new Wedge figure and removable R2 unit from ANH would be cool. They could make Biggs' and Red leaders' ships or perhaps just make a customizable X-Wing (varying their markings decals) and make the pilot figures availabe as deluxe sets with their companion astromech droids.

I've always wished for a remake of the Twin-pod cloud car with a pilot pair as pack-ins. The thought of a closer to scale Millennium Falcon (on which you could sit a Bespin Han Solo and Chewie and have room for a Hoth Leia and C-3PO standing behind them in the cockpit) has always been present but the ship would have to be quite big (about twice the size of the actual one, I think).

As for a close to scale AT-AT or Sandcrawler, these would be far too big. A few months ago, SW Insider published pics of an accurate to scale AT-AT (which stood about a little over 4 feet tall) and Sandcrawler (about 5 feet long) made by some guy who runs a small special FX company. The models were beautiful!!!! Just amazing! But they'd be impossible for Hasbro to make 'cause I'm sure they'd be unaffordable. This guy was also making an accurate Tantive IV (Rebel Blockade Runner) which he claimed would end up being about 7 feet long.

An Imperial Shuttle would be nice (though making it close to scale, again, would make it a huge ship, but still possible to produce); some obscure landspeeder from ANH (the one with the closed cockpit and spoiler-like thrusters in the back) to go along with a nice Mos Eisley diorama is a cool fantasy; an accurate to scale Slave I would be possible and nice; a Jabba's Sail Barge would also be quite difficult to make (I'd say it'd measure some 5 feet long) and expensive but neat; a Bongo (Gungan sub) might be cool; an MTT that sprouted hordes of curled-up battle droids would be a total failure, I guess; the Sith Infiltrator would be awesome; and perhaps some of the Techno Union droids that appeared on the Geonosis battle would be nice; an AT-ST that would sit two drivers would be cool as well.

Now just think of the size of a Trade Federation droid control ship!

jedihunter25
08-19-2002, 06:42 PM
Sandcrawler,twin pod car, and escape pod.

LTBasker
08-19-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Mar10Sir
As for a close to scale AT-AT or Sandcrawler, these would be far too big. A few months ago, SW Insider published pics of an accurate to scale AT-AT (which stood about a little over 4 feet tall) and Sandcrawler (about 5 feet long) made by some guy who runs a small special FX company. The models were beautiful!!!! Just amazing! But they'd be impossible for Hasbro to make 'cause I'm sure they'd be unaffordable. This guy was also making an accurate Tantive IV (Rebel Blockade Runner) which he claimed would end up being about 7 feet long.

If you're talking about Michael Fright's article in the Insider, well actually the figure scale Tantive was 45 feet long which wasn't very detailed as it looked like a rushed job.

A scale Slave 1 would be possible, but expensive and more diorama collector based, it'd be nearly impossible to play with, plus it'd probably have to run about $100+.

One vehicle I'd love to see made to scale would be an AT-PT. Granted it's an EU vehicle that probably has no chance of ever being made, but it'd be about the same size or smaller than the current AT-ST mold.

Hellboy
08-19-2002, 07:02 PM
Definately the Sandcrawler and an Imperial Shuttle that doesn't cost over $100. :)

Jargo
08-19-2002, 07:04 PM
Getting back to the title of the thread - I would like to see the Millenium Falcon and TIE fighter redone. The Falcon is a must. The vintage mold was good back inthe day and I bought it a couple of years back simply because I never had one as a kid but now is the time to do it better and do it right. can the electronics and go for playability, functionality and accuracy. Same with the TIE fighter exept all I'd ask for on that is larger wings and a redone cockpit interior and hatch. I'm okay with the rest of it.
The Sandcrawler needs doing as a new sculpt since the vintage one was seriously lacking in accurate detail.

As for the minirigs, the only one I want is the vehicle maintenence energiser redone in scale with sharper details and smaller accessories. Packed as a deluxe item with a rebel technician.