PDA

View Full Version : Truth, Rumors and Hopefuls

PloKoon2385
08-16-2002, 12:39 AM
What do we know for sure is due to come out? What is rumored to be coming out? And finally, what do we hope the most will come out?

Well as for the last question, I certainly hope that we see the following characters turned into plastic:
JEDI
- Jedi Master Coleman Trebor
- Bultar Swan
- Oppo Rancisis
- Yaddle
- Yarael Poof
- Even Piell
- Stass Allie
- Basic Human Male Jedi
- Basic Human Female Jedi
- A good Mace Windu
- A good Anakin
- A good Obi-Wan
- Depa Billaba
- Barriss Offee
- Madame Jocasta Nu
- Non-Psycho Luminara Unduli

SEPARATISTS
- Wat Tambor
- Poggle the Lesser
- Count Dooku (not as a Sith)
- Passel Argente
- Nute Gunray
- Gilramos Libkath (Gunray's assistant)
- San Hill
- Shu Mai
- Sun Fac (Poggle's lieutenant)

SENATE
- Sly Moore
- Senatore Bail Organa
- Senatore Tikkes

TATOOINE
- Beru Whitesun
- Owen Lars
- Cliegg Lars
- Tatooine Padme
- Anakin Tatooine (new one)
- Rickshaw droid (with rickshaw as a vehicle)

KAMINO
- Lama Su
- Rain Drenched Obi-Wan
- Apartment Attire Jango
- Un-armored Clone

MISCELLANEOUS
- Dorme
- Corde
- WA-7 (Dexter's waitress droid)
- Droids
- Alien Civilians

Thunderstorm1
08-16-2002, 01:18 AM
Ditto!!:)

Chiesa
08-16-2002, 01:31 AM
PloKoon I must say that is a pretty complete list of what most SW collectors want!! How abt having those little cute padawan kids that helped ObiWann find his lost planet... :D The padawans will be packed with 2 on a card just like the jawas... That would be just sweet!! Awwww...

Cheers All :D

Darth Vellner
08-16-2002, 01:34 AM
Un-armored Clone!
In the Dark and Light Blue uniform. that will Rock!
We can build a clone army,I can't wait for that! And the Techno...somethin' guy he look so cool...like a Retro RoBot.!

Adam
08-16-2002, 01:38 AM
For the Jedi kids (aka the Bear Clan) how about pack like 2 of them in with a neutral stance Yoda with both hands on his cane? Hasbro could also give him some wrist articulation so he can hold his saber too. :sur: :happy:

Darth Vellner
08-16-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Adam
For the Jedi kids (aka the Bear Clan) how about pack like 2 of them in with a neutral stance Yoda with both hands on his cane? Hasbro could also give him some wrist articulation so he can hold his saber too. :sur: :happy:
Sounds Cool! We need a Neutral YODA!
Heck! We NEED a neuteal Everybody!

Darth Vellner
08-16-2002, 01:49 AM
HEy! Cool custome!! check this out.Put small head greedo's head on little jedi Ani's body and Presto! new bear clan jedi kid!:D

Chiesa
08-16-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Adam

Thats a great idea... Perhaps add alittle more articulation to them and put them in a deluxe pack!! :)

Cheers All :D

Darth Vellner
08-16-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Darth Vellner
HEy! Cool custome!! check this out.Put small head greedo's head on little jedi Ani's body and Presto! new bear clan jedi kid!:D

I know its out of place and off topic
But, I did it.....Check it out!

PloKoon2385
08-16-2002, 03:01 AM
Does anybody have a list of what we WILL be seeing and what we MAY be seeing (if the rumors are true)?:confused:

Nebulaz
08-16-2002, 03:59 AM
I think we'd all like to see most if not all of those produced, but will will, not likely.

TylerD
08-16-2002, 04:09 AM
Awesome list! Is Sly Moore the bald woman?

OCB
08-16-2002, 02:34 PM
Boba Binks from Rebelscum and Jedi Chris posted this a couple of weeks ago, he has some connections and has been verified as legit a number of times ;)

Bail Organa
Barris Offee (Jedi)
Bespin Pilot
Twilek Female (Jedi) (Aayla Secura)
Imperial Dignitary
Darth Sidious
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Master)
Padme Amidala (Refuge)
R2-D2 (Rocket Boosters)
Anakin Skywalker (Naboo)
Star Wars Saga Figure #82863 (Not allowed to reveal figure)
Star Wars Saga Figure #84296 (Not allowed to reveal figure)
Lama Su
Poggle the Lesser
Star Wars Saga Figure #84313 (Not allowed to reveal figure)
Fan Choice Figure McQuarrie Trooper
Count Dooku with Speeder
Anakin Skywalker with Speeder
Geonosian with Picador

And Rebelscum also just posted these as coming this fall/winter

Obi-Wan (Arena)
Padme (???)
Analysis and Library Droid
Tusken (Tatooine Camp)

As well as
Mace Windu (???)
Count Dooku (Sith Lightning)

The last two may be the two unleashed figures but this has been neither verified or denied by anyone at H...

PloKoon2385
08-16-2002, 06:47 PM
Wow! If these are true, then I am amazed. If they are making a Bespin Pilot then obviously they are thinking about making a Cloud Car! Oh boy!

Beast
08-16-2002, 07:03 PM
The Twin Pod Cloud Car has been on the release list for 2 years now. Both times it was supposed to be Target Exclusives. In 2001, Target passed on it and went with the B-Wing instead. In 2002, they passed again and went with the Accessory Sets. So hopefully next year, Target will take the Cloud Car. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

PloKoon2385
08-16-2002, 08:24 PM
Yes TylerD, Sly Moore is Palpatine's bald woman aide. JarJar, don't you think that Hasbro is jumping the gun a little if they are putting a Bespin Pilot out before they even know if a Cloud Car is even going to be released? I suspect that Hasbro knows that it will be out. Let's hope!

Beast
08-16-2002, 09:59 PM
I don't think so, Hasbro sometimes makes silly choices. Take a look at the 1995/1996 release of the AT-ST. But the AT-ST driver figure wasn't released until 1998, If I recall correctly. You never can tell what Hasbro will do. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

corporal AMF
08-16-2002, 11:15 PM
HMM I see some strange choices, as well some very good figures in theory, always in theory..........

corporal AMF
08-16-2002, 11:17 PM
Check this out a custom Ewok 'King Chair' for treepio

Rogue II
08-16-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by corporal AMF
Check this out a custom Ewok 'King Chair' for treepio

That's pretty cool. I wish Hasbro would make one.

Old Fossil
08-16-2002, 11:36 PM
JarJar, wasn't the AT-ST driver released on a green card w/hologram? If so, wouldn't that have made its release date earlier, say 1997? If I recall, 1998 saw mostly Freeze Frame releases, and I don't think the AT-ST driver got released w/a FF.

Beast
08-16-2002, 11:46 PM
Oh my bad, it was released in 1997. Still that is about 2 years after the AT-ST was released. And about a year after you no longer could find one on the shelf. So yes, it's possible that we could get a Cloud Car Pilot figure, before we even have a Cloud Car for him. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

PloKoon2385
08-17-2002, 12:04 AM
That is true. We also got the TIE Fighter before we got the TIE pilot. However, lately Hasbro has been better at it. We got the Bacta Tank Luke and FX-7 within a few months of eachother. We are getting the Republic Gunship and the Clonetrooper pilot withing a short time of eachother. And we got Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot and Jango Fett Pilot within a short amount of time of their ship's release. So, it's hard to tell. Hasbro can suprise us....... from time to time.

Old Fossil
08-17-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The Twin Pod Cloud Car has been on the release list for 2 years now. Both times it was supposed to be Target Exclusives. In 2001, Target passed on it and went with the B-Wing instead. In 2002, they passed again and went with the Accessory Sets. So hopefully next year, Target will take the Cloud Car. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Which means, of course, that many of us will NEVER see the Cloud Car at retail! I'm sorry, I know some will wail 'we'll never see them made otherwise,' but I am sick of Target exclusives! They often get the coolest ones, and never seem to have enough to go round, and quite a few of us here on SSG Forums don't even live within two or three hours' drive of a Target. So: a lot of good a Target exclusive Cloud Car will do many longtime collectors. It will be just another disappointment, as we watch the 'secondary market' (read: Ebay) swell with folks selling the Cloud Car for a quick profit (read: SCALPERS; Target is a heaven for that kind of scum). The Cloud Car should retail for about $20-$25; it will end up selling at auction for twice that, most likely.

PloKoon2385
08-17-2002, 08:00 PM
I agree. Target isn't my first choice for exclusives. I did however accidentally find the Y-Wing and Desert Skiff there. At the time I had no idea that they were exclusive or that they were rare. But thankfully I picked them up. Now I wish I had bought the other Y-Wing I saw..... But anyway, is there any truth to the rumor that there is a Coleman Trebor action figure being made? I believe I read it in one of the threads in the forum.

jedibear
08-18-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by OCB
Boba Binks from Rebelscum and Jedi Chris posted this a couple of weeks ago, he has some connections and has been verified as legit a number of times ;)

Bail Organa
Barris Offee (Jedi)
Bespin Pilot
Twilek Female (Jedi) (Aayla Secura)
Imperial Dignitary
Darth Sidious
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Master)
Padme Amidala (Refuge)
R2-D2 (Rocket Boosters)
Anakin Skywalker (Naboo)
Star Wars Saga Figure #82863 (Not allowed to reveal figure)
Star Wars Saga Figure #84296 (Not allowed to reveal figure)
Lama Su
Poggle the Lesser
Star Wars Saga Figure #84313 (Not allowed to reveal figure)
Fan Choice Figure McQuarrie Trooper
Count Dooku with Speeder
Anakin Skywalker with Speeder
Geonosian with Picador

And Rebelscum also just posted these as coming this fall/winter

Obi-Wan (Arena)
Padme (???)
Analysis and Library Droid
Tusken (Tatooine Camp)

As well as
Mace Windu (???)
Count Dooku (Sith Lightning)

The last two may be the two unleashed figures but this has been neither verified or denied by anyone at H...

Now this list looks more possible than the one that started the thread.
I'm hoping that the Obi-Wan (Jedi Master) and the Anakin (Naboo) are sculpts that feature the characters in their robes!

It's also nice to see Bariss Offee on the list.

The two that are on the list that I'm really hoping are before year's end are Lama Su & Poggle the Lessor....two very visually unique characters the will hopefully have excellent detailing.

The analysis droid & library droid don't sound too far-fetched either....they could have been in development along with the other characters for an intial wave but were bumped when the scene was dropped from the theatrical release....but now that we know it's going to be one of the deleted scenes, it would be cool to see them (check out the AOTC comic for a preview of them....the analysis droid has a major punk look going for it!).

With this wish list even partially filled it looks like next year could be a more collector-friendly one for figures...we'll see....

patchiswelsh
08-18-2002, 08:07 AM
bring on the arena guys

Darth Vellner
08-18-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
So yes, it's possible that we could get a Cloud Car Pilot figure, before we even have a Cloud Car for him. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I think we will get this carded Cloud Car Pilot figure. Then, later the cloud car will come out with another cloud car pilot with it (it takes TWO to drive it)All within a year...It's not that big of a ship so it will not cost too much to make or sell. I think it will get general distrubition and not need to be a Exclusive!

Beast
08-18-2002, 06:26 PM
I don't think it would fly unless it was exclusive. Retailers are fickle, and the item is probably going to be about 25.00. Hasbro hasn't had much luck with how retailers treat their products. It could get a wide release, but I pretty much see it being the Target Exclusive for next year. Unless Target really pushes and grabs the Sandcrawler that is rumored. That may push the Cloud Car back another year. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
08-18-2002, 06:30 PM
a twin pod cloud car would be cool.....target can shove the b-wing in there..........sorry.....little carried away.....still celebrating JJB's 5K!
h

JEDIpartner
08-19-2002, 11:26 AM
Now that we will probably get a relatively tame pose for Barriss...we need a new Luminara! :mad:

patchiswelsh
08-19-2002, 04:18 PM
yeah that would be ok but i like the luminara we have now

we need a stass allia and a bultar swan

JEDIpartner
08-19-2002, 04:23 PM
Yeah... but she looks too much like a Stevie Nicks impersonator compared to most of the other Jedi figures.

OCB
08-21-2002, 09:29 AM
Remember, as always with rumors, take everything with a grain of salt. The list seems kind of short for what will be released for next year considering we got almost 75 figures this year...I'll try and keep everyone posted as to what Boba Binks comes up with next

macewindu87
08-21-2002, 10:10 AM
i agree with ya' jedipartnr the luminara we have now does look the a stevie nicks impersonator.
mace

hango fett
08-21-2002, 02:05 PM
i think all the jedi that have aggrressive posses now should be re-made with there robes in a non-aggrressive pose. that would be very nice
h

Mandalorian Candidat
08-21-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
i think all the jedi that have aggrressive posses now should be re-made with there robes in a non-aggrressive pose. that would be very nice
h

I also like the neutral poses. The one-pose wonder figures just aren't that great for playing with. I would also throw in cloth jedi robes instead of the molded plastic ones. They pretty much render the figures in standing position only.

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 04:33 PM
Well I think that Hasbro is progressing nicely with alot of NEW OT charachters. Alot of resculpts, but a large number of newbies too.