PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye...

Geonosian
08-16-2002, 08:58 AM
Goodbye Sirstevesguide....it's been fun.

Exhaust Port
08-16-2002, 09:44 AM
Um......ok, see ya.

hango fett
08-16-2002, 09:57 AM
why are you leaving? stay and have more fun!
if you do go, see ya...but this thread will most likely be deleted soon, so i will not post any more...
h

Eternal Padawan
08-16-2002, 10:02 AM
Does this mean your coming back with yet another Username? WHO DOES THAT? Honestly?

Huh?

What?

Oh, I do. that's right. :D (grins sheepishly)

Right.

See you soon.

ROLLO!

Patient Zero
08-16-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Does this mean your coming back with yet another Username? WHO DOES THAT? Honestly?
ROLLO!

Shush now you!:p Good no English. Potty let's go.

Nexu
08-16-2002, 10:23 AM
Bye.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-16-2002, 10:30 AM
Farewell

Emperor Howdy
08-16-2002, 11:34 AM
WAIT!!!!!! Can I borrow twenty bucks?

SirSteve
08-16-2002, 11:39 AM
Why are you leaving?

LTBasker
08-16-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
Why are you leaving?

I'd guess it's because of all the people complaining about his signature being too big and accusing him of spamming.

DeadEye
08-16-2002, 02:26 PM
LTBasker--

That, and the fact that he once considered himself a friend of mine. And since basically everyone here hates my guts, I guess you guys figure my friends should get the same treatment. :frus:

Anyway, Geonosian, if you do leave, take care, and make sure not to trip on the POTJ Jar Jar figure we gave you on the way out. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-16-2002, 02:52 PM
Well, I didn't ever complain about the poor kid, but for God's sake, could it really hurt that much to use a smaller font?

jjreason
08-16-2002, 03:25 PM
Goodbye, Geonosian. Thank goodness this farewell was less "colourful" than the last one - in terms of language, that is.
See you next ID!

Patient Zero
08-16-2002, 03:39 PM
Not to be a B*t*h! But who the hell is he? Rarely ever saw his posts. How can I aquire so much animosity from others? Please, tell me!

Tonysmo
08-16-2002, 03:42 PM
isnt it better to burn out, than to simply fade awa... never mind..

Mandalorian Candidat
08-16-2002, 03:50 PM
Old SSG forumites don't die, their posts just get deleted.

Jargo
08-16-2002, 04:23 PM
Pah! I went to the trouble of making him a custom avatar and this is how he repays me?????????????? Kids today - who needs 'em!

*mumble mutter grumble murmur gerumble mutter murmumblegrumble.....

SirSteve
08-16-2002, 04:23 PM
The new version of the forums (upgrade) will let me set signature limits and you can be sure I will.

hango fett
08-16-2002, 05:17 PM
thank god. i really don't want a long sig anyway. just enough for what i have now.
peace and bye bye....again
h

The True Maul
08-16-2002, 05:41 PM
Bye Geonosian!! :)

Vortex
08-16-2002, 06:00 PM
We are gathered here today to morn the loss of a dear forumite.

As attention spans dwindle,
His flame we can no longer rekindle.
With age brings wisdom,
But youthful thinking labels everything as dumb.
He made star wars forums his life,
But alas, his thin skin was his strife.
He left us today,
But hey, will we really miss him anyway? :confused:

Well they say the star that burns twice as bright burns has as long.

Until next post...or new log in name.

Dar' Argol
08-16-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
The new version of the forums (upgrade) will let me set signature limits and you can be sure I will.

Yea!!!:D

Thank you SirSteve. That then should end some of the bickering of as of late:D.

Beast
08-16-2002, 07:05 PM
Yes, agreed. Thank you so much for that Sir Steve. Another great addition to the forums. Can't wait until you get the update patched in. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
08-16-2002, 08:09 PM
Let's get this straight! Post #1

Ok guys and girls. I have something to say. Iam not new here.
Iam KIT FRISTO! I got banned in December. But I always came back to see what was happing. I just want to say sorry about my past and get on with everyone.
Thanks everyone.
And sorry about before.

That was the first post in Geonosian's welcome back thread, for those who don't know him or don't remember his previous exit/banishment for name-calling.

Geonosian - things have been fine since your reengagement here, why bail now?

Jargo
08-16-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
Well they say the star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

Burns twice as bright? Did it even burn at all? really? well, ok, whatever... :rolleyes:

So who's next for the lightweights express shuttle out of here?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-16-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
We are gathered here today to morn the loss of a dear forumite.

As attention spans dwindle,
His flame we can no longer rekindle.
With age brings wisdom,
But youthful thinking labels everything as dumb.
He made star wars forums his life,
But alas, his thin skin was his strife.
He left us today,
But hey, will we really miss him anyway? :confused:

Well they say the star that burns twice as bright burns has as long.

Until next post...or new log in name.

Tis' Shakespeare, Frost, and Angelou rolled into one!

2-1B
08-16-2002, 11:50 PM
Geonosians are easily startled.
But they'll soon be back, and in greater numbers.

Nexu
08-17-2002, 12:06 AM
With Nexu's. ;)

DarthBrandon
08-17-2002, 12:12 AM
Who cares, I'm getting really tired of the threads cluttered up with this garbage. When I go, I'm just going to go, nobody is really going to lose any sleep over it. I'm leaving, I'm sorry, I'm sorry again, Goodbye, See ya later, this really gets tiresome and boring.Sorry I sound rude or un-caring, but really folks, it's getting OLD.:rolleyes:

Bobajames
08-17-2002, 12:24 AM
sorry he's gone, but i just can't get enough of them potj jar jars, can i have his?

Dar' Argol
08-17-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by brandon
Who cares, I'm getting really tired of the threads cluttered up with this garbage. When I go, I'm just going to go, nobody is really going to lose any sleep over it. I'm leaving, I'm sorry, I'm sorry again, Goodbye, See ya later, this really gets tiresome and boring.Sorry I sound rude or un-caring, but really folks, it's getting OLD.:rolleyes:

I agree with you Brandon, these type of thread are a little redundant! Like some other threads I've seen, I really don't see the point. But here we all are, posting still in this thread.:eek:

Darn it! I am too . . .

I can't stop . . . .

Its a disease!!!

:D

DarthBrandon
08-17-2002, 12:41 AM
Yeah, It's a disease all right and guys like you and I are fighting to keep our sanity. We just can't stop abusing our minds with this nonsense. Oh well I'll catch ya on the flipside Dar' Argol.:)

Originally posted by Dar' Argol
I agree with you Brandon, these type of thread are a little redundant! Like some other threads I've seen, I really don't see the point. But here we all are, posting still in this thread.

Crazy isn't it.:D :eek:

2-1B
08-17-2002, 12:41 AM
And I'm the cure.

THREAD CLOSED !

just kidding :D

I like it when people start goodbye threads and then come back. :rolleyes:

Beast
08-17-2002, 12:49 AM
That seems to happen alot Caesar. Either they truely miss us, like causing trouble, or are total gluttons for punishment. SSG is starting to turn into a daytime soap opera. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
08-17-2002, 12:53 AM
Like closed threads through the hourglass,
these are the forums of our lives.

LTBasker
08-17-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
That seems to happen alot Caesar. Either they truely miss us, like causing trouble, or are total gluttons for punishment. SSG is starting to turn into a daytime soap opera. ;) :D

I'm really been posting while being in a coma for 40 years! :eek:

Seriously, I think all the "goodbye" stuff should be kept in Private Messages, I think you can send them to more than one person at a time....

rynobot
08-17-2002, 03:54 AM
I find worthless and redudent the threads the most entertaining. :)

Vortex
08-17-2002, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

Burns twice as bright? Did it even burn at all? really? well, ok, whatever... :rolleyes:

So who's next for the lightweights express shuttle out of here?

I don't know man, it felt like the right thing at the time...I was moved by the moment, either that or the pasta I had at lunch, I can't tell.

Pendo
08-17-2002, 05:43 AM
Bye, bye Geonosian!!

PENDO!

hango fett
08-17-2002, 08:36 AM
when i leave after EIII ( i think most of us will since the only thing left will be the OT on dvd....so i guess i'll leave after that..) i won't post it. i'll just go offline forever or come back every now and then to check out whats going on with the figures.
h

The True Maul
08-17-2002, 08:45 AM
I agree Hango thats most likely what I will do also.:)

Pendo
08-17-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by hango fett
when i leave after EIII ( i think most of us will since the only thing left will be the OT on dvd....so i guess i'll leave after that..) i won't post it. i'll just go offline forever or come back every now and then to check out whats going on with the figures.
h

Well goodbye in advance ;).
I'm going to stay here to the end! Even after Episode III there will be more to talk about, sure things will slow down a bit but there will always be something to talk about, more questions to ask and more learning opportunities.
So everyone here at SSG is stuck with me for years to come :D.

PENDO!

hango fett
08-17-2002, 08:55 AM
i'll still visit once in a while in the SAGA or whatever the toys will be called after 2005. so your stuck with me for at least 6 more years! (the toys will probably be done in 2008, so that is where i got 6 years...)
BTW, congrats on 1000 posts, pendo! keep 'em coming!
h

Exhaust Port
08-17-2002, 11:10 AM
I'm sure the SW toy line will continue in different forms after Ep.III wraps up. Sure there won't be any new characters but they can always find new ways to re-invent the wheel. Bigger and better. The SSG Forums will just adapt to whatever the SW toy line develops into.

2-1B
08-17-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
I'm going to stay here to the end! Even after Episode III there will be more to talk about, sure things will slow down a bit but there will always be something to talk about, more questions to ask and more learning opportunities.
So everyone here at SSG is stuck with me for years to come :D.

PENDO!

That's great to know, Pendo !
You and I will always be cell mates, so I hope you never leave!

Jargo
08-17-2002, 12:55 PM
If a Star Wars movie isn't showing in a theater does that mean it no longer exists?

Why will the converstaions stop once the movies and toys are over? I'm still talking about ANH 25 years after it was released. Perhaps I'm not so vaccuous as to see the world in such small bite sized pieces. Perhaps I need to develop the memory of a goldfish so I can forget what happened yesterday and never have to worry about it. Because of course it's just not the done thing to talk about something once the glitz and glamour fades and it is no longer fashionable or cool to do so.

This brings to mind a very old rhyme :

"how happy is the moron, he doesn't give a damn. I wish I were a moron - my God! perhaps I am...."

Although I do sometimes feel the desire to unfetter my mind from cumbersome memories and facts that date back several centuries, I also have the nouse to see that bearing those facts and memories makes me a better person who actually has something to say oft' times, that I am able to keep a conversation going for longer than three minutes maximum, that I can contribute something of value to a conversation or embelish it with the fruits of my labours or even others' and bring to a conflab the benefits of the wealth of information stored in my mind.
How sad it must be to live forever with a lack of staying power and a concentration level that a gnat would be proud of.......

Beast
08-17-2002, 01:10 PM
Well, an early goodbye to all those leaving after Episode III comes and goes. But I'm staying until either my body shuts down, or SSG does. And I don't see either happening for a very long time. The best thing will be, since Star Wars will be out of the public's MTV/Commercial attention span consciousness, we can get back to business. Maybe we'll see a reduction in the redundant threads that have plauged the forums for months. Is it 2005 yet? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
08-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Yes, maybe after Ep3 the silliness will stop and only the true fans will be left to discuss the merits (or lack of) the last batch of SW figures.

That's the definition of a true fan, y'know. Sticking around through thick and thin, for better for worse, til death do us part...... oh wait, that's something else isn't it?:crazed:

Dar' Argol
08-17-2002, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I'll probably be here until the last days of the site. There is still a lot to talk about and a lot of Sillyness to be had yet. Maybe before the site gets axed, we can have a finnal metting of the forumites somewhere, and "pull the plug":D. K, now I'm depressed:(

Nexu
08-17-2002, 11:55 PM
We ought to meet up IRL.

scruffziller
08-18-2002, 11:15 AM
He said goodbye everyone was asking why he was leaving but how could he answer, HE WAS GONE!!!!!!:D

Rogue II
08-18-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
He said goodbye everyone was asking why he was leaving but how could he answer, HE WAS GONE!!!!!!:D

That almost sounds like that song from Hee Haw.

I searched the forums over and though I found Genosian
I asked him a question, but phhhhhhhhhhhhht he was gone.:rolleyes:

I plan on sticking around SSG until you guys kick me out. (Which may be soon if I keep singing songs from Hee Haw.)

scruffziller
08-18-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

That almost sounds like that song from Hee Haw.

I searched the forums over and though I found Genosian
I asked him a question, but phhhhhhhhhhhhht he was gone.:rolleyes:

I plan on sticking around SSG until you guys kick me out. (Which may be soon if I keep singing songs from Hee Haw.)

Dang I botched that sentence up real good:crazed:. No wonder it sounds like a song from Hee Haw. I can't even think how to edit it if I could.:D

hango fett
08-18-2002, 08:56 PM
well, i might stick around till the end....as long as i can find a computer at collage!(2 years starting next monday...the 26th...) so i might be gone for a while....just a forewarning....no wise cracks, please!
h

Patient Zero
08-20-2002, 09:06 PM
This is the longest goodbye I have ever seen!

Jargo
08-20-2002, 09:50 PM
Kinda like a bunch of country bumkin farmers standing leaning on the field gate after all the cows have walked through and gone to the milking shed, just standing there commenting on how well the cows went past and how cowlike they looked in a cow sort of way, same as yesterday and the day before that, and how green the grass looks that the cows were walking n exept now there's a patch that's all trodden down because the cows walked on it on their way through the gateway to the milking shed............

sort of that kind of thing... only different........

Darth Sidious
08-20-2002, 10:21 PM
I think I'll stay either until the site is shut down, or for as long as I can. If things get too busy in life...well...they just do. But I don't see that happening soon. Long live SSG!

Patient Zero
08-20-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Kinda like a bunch of country bumkin farmers standing leaning on the field gate after all the cows have walked through and gone to the milking shed, just standing there commenting on how well the cows went past and how cowlike they looked in a cow sort of way, same as yesterday and the day before that, and how green the grass looks that the cows were walking n exept now there's a patch that's all trodden down because the cows walked on it on their way through the gateway to the milking shed............

sort of that kind of thing... only different........

I am a cow; A cow whom eats chairs. Now, If I were to say to you, "What is the meaning of this?". What would you answer?

bigbarada
08-20-2002, 10:42 PM
Did you know that cows love the taste of artifically flavored grape syrup? I didn't, but who knows, it might be useful info to have someday.:crazed:

Geonosian
08-20-2002, 11:08 PM
Hey everyone.
How are you all. Iam starting this thread because I want to let everyone know why Iam leaving SSG. I am leaving SSG because of many things.

1. People are always complaining about how long my sig is. I went to the trouble to change it. People still say its too big. So if I leave it will make the forums a better place for everyone.

2. Someone is deleting my posts. Who. Why. I dont know. Someone doesn't like me.

3. I pmed EMPER JARGO making makeing me a Poggle and Coleman Trebor South park avartar. No response.

I dont want yo leave but me being a Geonosian Warrior I have to go back to Geonosis.

Goodbye.

P.S Well done JarJar on 5000 posts. You have always been there when I needed help.
Thank you my friend.

Take care.

Geonosian.

Dar' Argol
08-20-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Geonosian
2. Someone is deleting my posts. Who. Why. I dont know. Someone doesn't like me.

No one deletes posts just because someone doesn't like you. If that were the case a bunch of ppl would be missing posts:rolleyes:.

What happened Geo was that the "JarJar are you happy now" Thread was deleted, so all who was involved in that thread, myself included, lost posts. Oh well.

Beast
08-20-2002, 11:17 PM
1. So, constructive critacism about a sig that was way overboard isn't somthing to get huffy about. All we were asking was that you made it sensible. Or atleast linked to a thread in the Dear Hasbro section. That's not somthing to leave over, but hey, it's your choice and if you wanna leave, whatever.

2. Post count means nothing, if you are in it mearly for the post count then that's sad. A few threads were deleted, like the one "Jar Jar are you happy now" thread. If you can't handle a few lost posts, then again it's your loss. Don't be like GNT, and have post count be your primary reason for living.

3. Jargo is incredibly busy. He can't jump to your whims and do things the second you ask for them. He's working on his website, and has a whole list of avatars that he's working on. BTW, he did post a Poggle one for you, but you had left so I guess you never saw it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
08-20-2002, 11:20 PM
Where.

JarJar I said well done on 5000 posts the kind thing to do is say think you.

Beast
08-20-2002, 11:24 PM
Where.
Thanks, but I haven't been responding to thanks in other threads. That's why I posted a 5000th post thread, so that it could be contained from infesting the forums. BTW, the avatar is located here. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=157464#post157464

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Patient Zero
08-20-2002, 11:28 PM
Where.

FOR WHAT??? Do you only say things to get the responce that you like? What the hell is the point. You are not having a conversation with someone else, but only yourself if that is the point!

Just beause someone says "you're well come" does not mean that you are actually thankfull!

And just because someone says "I love you" does not mean that you have to say "I love you too". This is a reactionary statement. My girlfriend and I never say "I love you too" because such a statement is mentioned only as a complamentary statement to the first part. It is does not stand upon its own two feet. If you feel a certain way then you just do; it has no conditions.

Geonosian
08-20-2002, 11:32 PM
Whatever dude.

Beast
08-20-2002, 11:36 PM
Geonosian, you don't have to be a jerk man. Don't pull another Kit Fristo on the boards and then leave. Or pull the ole, "Poor Me, I'm mistreated, no one loves me, I should just leave." Just to pull some sympathy from people when you don't mean it. If you want to leave, then you have already made up your mind, and you don't have to explain yourself to us, and nothing we say will keep you from changing your mind. Hopefully you can find someplace a little more structured for you. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
08-20-2002, 11:41 PM
But I dont want to leave dude.

I love this place but no one likes me here...

Its true and you know it.

LTBasker
08-21-2002, 12:03 AM
But I dont want to leave dude.

I love this place but no one likes me here...

Its true and you know it.

Then don't, just clean your act up, it's simple. Just resize your sig andstop spamming and that would've stopped the posts. Spamming would be replies like "Whatever dude." If you don't want to leave, then just clean your act up and don't, but don't go about saying you're gonna leave even though you don't for sympathy, it doesn't work that way dude. Trust me, I've been there when I was younger and you learn quickly that it's just flat-out dumb.

Geonosian
08-21-2002, 12:09 AM
Is that better?

Patient Zero
08-21-2002, 12:24 AM
What's with the lines?

Master Goeweins
08-21-2002, 12:32 AM
Three days ago it was Goodbye.... and now you are posting all over again. I don't think that anyone really has anything against you, it seems that it is only your pride that is consuming you.

Patient Zero
08-21-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Master Goeweins
Three days ago it was Goodbye.... and now you are posting all over again. I don't think that anyone really has anything against you, it seems that it is only your pride that is consuming you.

Whatever dude!

But seriously, I don't know what the deal is, I don't know you, but if you want to stay then stay, if you don't then don't. I understand about a change of feelings, but don't drag it out like this. It will only hurt you in the long run.

JediTricks
08-21-2002, 12:45 AM
This thread has no place in the General Discussion forum since it's not trying to discuss anything. Now it's turned into a bicker-fest as well.

*Thread Closed*