PDA

View Full Version : STAR Destroyer Cake anyone?

jedi master sal
08-16-2002, 09:11 AM
I belong to a local SW fan club here in Pittsburgh and we just had a BBQ. And also celebrated it's (the club)first year anniversary. So to commerate this I made a SD cake. Check the pics out and let me know what you think.

The first is the top view.

jedi master sal
08-16-2002, 09:12 AM
Her it is from a 3/4 front view.

Remember this is a cake and shouldn't try to be movie accurate.

jedi master sal
08-16-2002, 09:14 AM
Boy I wish we could post more than one pic in a post.

Anyhoo, here's the last pic. It's a 3/4 back view. (the marshmallow bag kind of blends in with it but you get the picture)

BTW anyone wishing to see my local fanclub's site can go here:

www.thenewrepublic.net

This is a club for Pittsburgh and South Western Pennsylvania (and some mid PA) fans to get together and have fun, SW style.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-16-2002, 09:33 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Star Destroyer...

LTBasker
08-16-2002, 09:37 AM
You should've had gum drops for the two top shield generators. ;)

That's a pretty cool thing to do, nice pictures. :cool:

Beast
08-16-2002, 10:39 AM
Very cool cake, jedi master sal. Now be honest. Did you guys feel at all hesitant about cutting into it and eating it. I know I would, because it's actually pretty detailed. My compliments to the cake artist. ;) :D

You started to big though, how can you top a Star Destroyer cake for next years BBQ. I guess you could do a Super Star Destroyer. And then the year after that, a Death Star Cake. But then what? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
08-16-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
You started to big though, how can you top a Star Destroyer cake for next years BBQ. I guess you could do a Super Star Destroyer. And then the year after that, a Death Star Cake. But then what? ;) :D

Mon Calamari Cruiser "Liberty", Mon Calamari ship "Home One", Rebel Blockade Runner, SD-like Clone Transport ship, or Falcon... :D

Grif
08-16-2002, 12:39 PM
Nice Cake! What flavor was it?

darthvyn
08-16-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Grif
Nice Cake! What flavor was it?

galactic imperial vanilla, painted standard naval gray (that weren't no frosting...) :crazed:

that's really cool stuff, jms! jjb is correct, though... where do you go from there - unless you go down in scale - i got it! tie bomber cake, with malted milk bombs! mmmmm.... bombs....

Mandalorian Candidat
08-16-2002, 12:56 PM
Auuuughh (whatever that sound is that Homer Simpson makes when he's drooling).

I can feel my tooth enamel being dissolved by just looking at the pictures.

If you do a Super Star Destroyer next year make sure it's more to scale. That way you can take a POTF2 AWing and make it crash into the bridge.

Exhaust Port
08-16-2002, 01:57 PM
Cool cake! Great idea to use the cupcake papers as the engines.

JediTricks
08-16-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Mon Calamari Cruiser "Liberty", Mon Calamari ship "Home One", Rebel Blockade Runner, SD-like Clone Transport ship, or Falcon... :D I was thinking of the Millennium Falcon, but dare anybody make a cake of a ship that started as a hamburger with an olive? :D

That's a very cool cake JMS!!! The first thing I noticed was the same thing EP mentioned, those cupcake papers were super creative.

scruffziller
08-20-2002, 10:59 AM
A new challenge for next time, DEATH STAR cake!!!! Get a whole bunch of progressing in size circular cake pans and you could layer them one by one to create a sphere!! SITH LORD MARTHA STEWERT TO THE RESCUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

jedi master sal
08-20-2002, 03:15 PM
Actually, My birthday is on the 28th of this month (August) and my finacee said she was going to make me a 3-D R2-D2 cake. This will be pretty easy. Round cake pans, stacked. Long ones for the legs and frosting. Voila!

BTW, She made me the Millenium Falcon for my BD last year. No pictures though, sorry.

The flavor was actually very thought out. The Starboard side was chocolate and the Port side was yellow, hence a light/dark side cake. The Tower and smaller side parts were made of candy shaped like lego parts and the bridge section was entirely frosting with a plastic base to sit on. We cooled the bridge in the freezer so it would last. (HA! we put the bridge in the cooler, get it? well nevermind)

I did the major frosting while she added the detailed lines.
The frosting was homemade (my fiancee made it) and dyed gray using black food coloring (added sparingly so as not to get to dark of a gray).

We had no hesitation cutting into it. In fact we (my local club all started quoting the line from Admiral Piett about intesifying all forward batteries, I don't want anything to get through (I cut) TO LATE!!!!

Fun was had by all. It was devored in less than 5 minutes!

Pendo
08-20-2002, 03:56 PM
I'm starving and just seein that cake is making me drool. FOOD!!! That's pretty cool though, must have taken HOURS to make :D!

PENDO!

JediTricks
08-20-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
Actually, My birthday is on the 28th of this month (August) and my finacee said she was going to make me a 3-D R2-D2 cake. This will be pretty easy. Round cake pans, stacked. Long ones for the legs and frosting. Voila!Wow, we share the same birthday JMS! Get pics of this cake, no more of these Millennium Falcon situations. ;)

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 09:42 AM
Actually, My birthday is on the 28th of this month (August) and my finacee said she was going to make me a 3-D R2-D2 cake. This will be pretty easy. Round cake pans, stacked. Long ones for the legs and frosting. Voila!

So it will be standing up like the real thing?

LTBasker
08-21-2002, 10:20 AM
You could also make an AT-AT cake. The main body, neck and head would all be the cake while it would be on a platform supported by 4 beams that looked like AT-AT legs. :D

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
You could also make an AT-AT cake. The main body, neck and head would all be the cake while it would be on a platform supported by 4 beams that looked like AT-AT legs. :D

Or you could make one out of all cake with it had been the cables wrapped around it's legs and collapsed.:D

QLD
08-21-2002, 10:40 AM
LET THEM EAT CAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Actually.....let me eat it.....mmmmmmm

jedi master sal
08-21-2002, 12:29 PM
She plans on it standing up right. No flat cakes for us.

I like the idea of a fallen AT-AT. Maybe next year.

I would like to create a gutted TaunTaun and/or a Jabba.

(Don't know if I'd really eat the Jabba, gives new meaning to the phrase "Have you eaten the worm?") (That's an alcohol reference that I won't explain. Suffice it to say that the adults here should get a kick out of it.)

LTBasker
08-21-2002, 01:01 PM
Another nice cake would be a nice dead Wampa, with red food coloring all over it. :D Or a sarlacc would be cool. Oooh, ooh! Jabba's sail barge or palace!!!!! :cool:

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 03:25 PM
Make sure you have your camera from here on out!!!!!

I like the idea of a fallen AT-AT. Maybe next year.

Complete with lots of coconut shaving for snow!!!!

jedi master sal
08-22-2002, 09:59 AM
yea, i'll have to be sure and have a camera available. Maybe by this time next year i'll have a digital cam so I can post them quicker.

scruffziller
08-23-2002, 08:31 AM

I would like to create a gutted TaunTaun and/or a Jabba.

Yea with gummy worms for intestines!!!:D

jedi master sal
08-23-2002, 09:04 AM
Ah, you truly are sick and twisted! (just like me. he he) Thanks for the pointer.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-23-2002, 10:30 PM
Excellent looking cake. As a true carded collector, I would have been afraid to destroy such a precious looking cake. If that were my cake, it would have been sitting in my room, somewhere next to my figures.

But one question.

Why no Star Destroyer pie?

Pie is good.

Me likey a lot!

Got to leave, must have pie.